Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

csrini1 said:
You will retain ur priority date from 2001.But do you know how long it will get to pass SWA?? 3-4 yrs?? I am also in the same boat ):

I am hoping that something will happen before next march. I do not anticipate 3-4 years of wait time(i am consoling myself and you by saying this ).

Please share if you hear anything.

Also my question is what about my "RD, Receipt Date", Given that everything will be based on my RD, it will be very frusturating if i get a new RD.

keep your hopes high, we will cross through this..

AwardMyGc,

Sure,

Could you please share your case details?

Category/State/State Filing Date/DOL Receipt Date.

-->>>EB2/VA/October 2002/July 2004.

gcmail,

Thanks for sharing your case information.

Q. When your application was forwarded from state to federal, did you receive any confirmation letter from Philly dol acknowledging the receipt of your application?

If you did receive a letter from Philly DOL, did they assign you a case number?

AwardMyGC

gcmail said:
AwardMyGc,

Sure,

Could you please share your case details?

Category/State/State Filing Date/DOL Receipt Date.

-->>>EB2/VA/October 2002/July 2004.

My co. laywers informed me about the move to Philly. I trust they got the necessary notices/case numbers.

I dont plan on calling Philly to check the status of my case..so I guess I never have bothered to find out what the case # is. I probably should

whats ur situation?

AwardMyGC said:
gcmail,

Thanks for sharing your case information.

Q. When your application was forwarded from state to federal, did you receive any confirmation letter from Philly dol acknowledging the receipt of your application?

If you did receive a letter from Philly DOL, did they assign you a case number?

AwardMyGC

gcmail said:
My co. laywers informed me about the move to Philly. I trust they got the necessary notices/case numbers.

The reason I was asking you this question is the last time we say some activity is back in June 2004. See for yourself…

Posted by one of the forum member…

hello friends,
my labor was approved.here are the details
delaware filing date : nov 04, 2002
moved to philly dol : july 16 th, 2003
remanded to employer : may 27, 2004
Returned by the employer : june 10, 2004
certified : june 15 th
received letter : june 18 th
dot code : 030-162-014
i think its rir case

Since your case got moved to Philly DOL around July 2004, I am wondering if DOL at least had time to assign you a case number.

gcmail said:
I dont plan on calling Philly to check the status of my case..so I guess I never have bothered to find out what the case # is. I probably should

whats ur situation?

AVM has been down for fairly long time. I don't think we have any option to check the case status. I totally depend on trustworthy sources like Tomshu and Akela.

Here is my case details:

EB3-NON RIR/WV/September 2002/April 2003..... Still waiting...

Hi All,

I have been reading this thread since from past two days Pretty new Huh! But believe me you guys share amazing information. as one of you said, we are better help than any one.

Coming to my case i have filed for state labour under eb3 status in october 2002 and my case went to federal in sept 2004. as you guys know the federal is stuck in july since past few months. to keep the long story short I am really curious to check what cases philly is processing now and how long does it take to come to my case. Any Guess.

I really appreciate you feed back.

myGCTracker said:
I have been reading this thread since from past two days Pretty new Huh! But believe me you guys share amazing information. as one of you said, we are better help than any one.

True.

myGCTracker said:
Coming to my case i have filed for state labour under eb3 status in october 2002 and my case went to federal in sept 2004. as you guys know the federal is stuck in july since past few months. to keep the long story short I am really curious to check what cases philly is processing now and how long does it take to come to my case. Any Guess.

I really appreciate you feed back.

Well, how do I start? As you should be aware by now Philly DOL stopped processing LC applications long time back. Our only hope is Backlog Elimination Center (BEC). All pending cases from Philly DOL and other regional DOL like SF DOL is transferring cases into BEC. BEC is supposed to clear the entire backlog based on priority date (State Receipt Date). Hope this helps.

AwardMyGC said:
True.
BEC is supposed to clear the entire backlog based on priority date (State Receipt Date). Hope this helps.

AwardMyGC and gurus here,

I dont know why I dont get this priority date concept, can you help me in following

My MD state receipt date is 01/05/2002
My philly DOL receipt date is 09/14/2004.

BEC suppose to process my case based on MD steate receipt date or philly DOL receipt date?

thanks in advance.

Prority Date Confusion

I have been following this thread for quite sometime. I think some people are still confused about Priority date.

Priority date means state receipt date period. Whether DOL sorts the applications by PD or RD is a different question. If they say PD it means state reciept date.

RahulatDC said:

I dont know why I dont get this priority date concept, can you help me in following

BEC suppose to process my case based on MD steate receipt date or philly DOL receipt date?

thanks in advance.

BEC will be use your MD state receipt date 01/05/2002 to process your application.

RahulatDC said:

thanks in advance.

What the hell is Priority Date?

What the hell is Priority Date?

* When your employer file your Labor Certificate to the State Labor office,
after receiving your application the State Labor Department stamp a
receiving date on your application, for example if your application received
on November 30, 2004, that means your "Pririty Date or PD" is 11/30/2004.

Moreover some State Labor Department usaally confirm by an offcial letter.

Note: Sometime if the Labor receiving officer received hundreds
application in oneday then it took month for him to stamp
receiving date on all application.

EB3 Retrogress

I was talking to one of my friend whose labor is filed in Oct 2002(PD) in EB3 and got his GC approved recently. Does that mean visa numbers are available for people who filed their labor before Oct 2002?

virtual55 said:
I was talking to one of my friend whose labor is filed in Oct 2002(PD) in EB3 and got his GC approved recently. Does that mean visa numbers are available for people who filed their labor before Oct 2002?

Priority dates will retrogress only from January 2005 onwards. Until all employment based are current.

virtual55 said:

First thanks to AwardMyGC for the information.
Virtual55: Woh! this sounds interesting. which state we are talking about here. mine also got filed under EB3 in october 2002 from VA and still my case is pending in Philly. believe me the crisis i am, i dont care for GC card even an EAD will help me alot.

EB Numbers Will Backlog in January - Strategic Planning

Sometime within the next few days, the State Department (DOS) will post the
January 2005 Visa Bulletin online. The DOS has already announced that the
employment-based 3rd (EB-3) preference category for persons born in mainland
China, India and the Philippines will regress. By how much is anyone's guess.

Last time that the EB-3 numbers were backlogged was in June 2001. Mainland
China was backlogged for 10 months and India for 2 1/2 years. We predict that
the new backlogs will date back to 2001 or 2002.

What will the new backlogs mean for you?

First, the regressions will only affect you if you were born in one of the
"Axis of Anxiety" countries (mainland China, India or the Philippines) and you
qualify to obtain permanent residence in the employment-based third preference
(EB-3) category (professionals and skilled workers).

Here are some possible scenarios:

* If your employer has not yet submitted a labor certification on your
behalf or if your labor certification is pending, how much the coming backlogs
will affect you may depend upon where your job is located. How does this work?

Assume that the EB-3 numbers will backlog for two to three years. In many
states, it takes 2-3 years to obtain the approval of an RIR labor certification
(e.g., California, 2+ years; New York, 3+ years). Since the filing of your
labor certification establishes your priority date, by the time that the labor
certification is approved, your priority date may be current, and you can
proceed to file your application for adjustment of status (I-485) concurrently
with your employer's visa petition (I-140).

However, if your job is located in a state where RIR labor certifications are
processed more rapidly (e.g., Illinois, Minnesota, Ohio, Kansas, Missouri,
Nebraska - all in a little over one year), your current advantage over people
who work in California and New York will disappear since even after your labor
certification is approved, you may have to wait another year or two to apply
for adjustment of status.

What if PERM is finally enacted, and you are granted a certificate by the Labor
Department within a few months?

Time to pop open the champagne? Not if you were born in one of the "Axis of
Anxiety" countries (For those of you who haven't been following this discussion
closely, that would be mainland China, India or the Philippines). You would
have to wait another two to three years in order to apply for adjustment of
status.

source: www.Shusterman.com's immigration newsletter

So when are they going to send out the letters?

It has been over 10 days since Nov.20, 2004, when the BEC was expected to send out letters to the employers? It's such a painful wait. Tomsumu's update from his phone call is the only comfort.......

Does anyone know how often do they update the priority dates? I mean, say in Jan 2005 bulletin the PD retrogresses to Nov 2001 for EB3. Till when will it stay there? Till the next Fiscal Year (Oct 2005)? Or, is it updated every month or so (say, by Mar 2005, it can go to Dec 2001)?

Is there a yearly cap on the number of Immigrant Visa (like H1B) or is it a monthly (or something else) cap?

Eb3 retrogress ?? opinion

My attorney says that EB3 numbers will not retrogress for another one fiscalyear. Visa numbers for EB-3 are expected to retrogress, but not for at least another fiscal year (not 1/05). May be we will see all current in next bulletin and not just next bulletin but for another 11 bulletin's. Post your opinion about the possibility. 0-100%.