Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

Wait for another 30 days

The Department of Labor's Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center requests that AILA members refrain from contacting the Center for general status updates. They have been receiving so many inquiries that they are unable to sort through those status calls, much less return them while keeping up with the processing of cases. It has also become difficult for the Center to address emergency cases in the huge numbers of calls that they have been receiving. The Center emphasizes that emergency cases, such as 7th year cases, should continue to be brought to their attention by call or letter.
In the near future, the Center will be shutting down its regional status lines.

The Center advises that, within the next 30 days, filing attorneys and employers will begin receiving a 45 day "continuation and corrections" letter asking whether they want to continue with a specified labor certification application. In order to avoid the case being closed out as abandoned, the attorney and/or employer must reply within the 45 day period to confirm intent to continue with the case. Original 45 day letters will be sent to attorneys of record and copies will go to petitioning employers.

The forms 750A&B will be sent with the 45 day letter if obvious corrections are needed, e.g., addresses that don't match on the forms 750A & B. Note that these corrections requests are not Notices of Findings. The Center has approximately 35,000 applications to be sent out, and the 45 day letters will be issued in batches over the next month. As applications are returned to the Center, they will be processed in a first in, first out schedule.
Processing times will continue to be posted on their website.

When this report dated ? Where did you find it ?

greencard007 said:
The Department of Labor's Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center requests that AILA members refrain from contacting the Center for general status updates. They have been receiving so many inquiries .....

Could you please post the source?

greencard007 said:
The Department of Labor's Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center requests that AILA members refrain from contacting the Center for general status updates. They have been receiving so many inquiries that they are unable to sort through those status calls, much less return them while keeping up with the processing of cases. It has also become difficult for the Center to address emergency cases in the huge numbers of calls that they have been receiving. The Center emphasizes that emergency cases, such as 7th year cases, should continue to be brought to their attention by call or letter.

The Center advises that, within the next 30 days, filing attorneys and employers will begin receiving a 45 day "continuation and corrections" letter asking whether they want to continue with a specified labor certification application. In order to avoid the case being closed out as abandoned, the attorney and/or employer must reply within the 45 day period to confirm intent to continue with the case. Original 45 day letters will be sent to attorneys of record and copies will go to petitioning employers.

The forms 750A&B will be sent with the 45 day letter if obvious corrections are needed, e.g., addresses that don't match on the forms 750A & B. Note that these corrections requests are not Notices of Findings. The Center has approximately 35,000 applications to be sent out, and the 45 day letters will be issued in batches over the next month. As applications are returned to the Center, they will be processed in a first in, first out schedule.

sm2017 said:
It is also surprising we don't see any updates from Tomsu and Akela

This is part of the problem with shooting the messenger!

One has to wonder whether it is better to hear speculative information from their source at DOL or not hear anything at all. I, for one, would much rather hear something rather than nothing...

greecard007,

Is this your lawyer's newsletter? Did your lawyer/employer receive any correspondence from BRC/BEC?

Thanks for your time

AwardMyGC

greencard007 said:

Where is this message from?

greencard007 said:

I would appreciate if it is known whether this is posted in DOL website? Since I am in the final year in H1B. If this is an offcial information then I can contact my attorney and let them know that my case needs to be treated as emergency since i will be requiring the 7th year .

EB2 or EB3 at labor level

hi,i just want to know the following. i checked my companys ad, its says masters + 1year exp OR bachelors + 5yrs exp.

But i got masters w/ 4 yrs of experience .

will i get into EB2 or EB3. please clarify.

also if my labor is EB3, can't i file other I485 etc in EB2. ?

Thanks

EB stuffs valid only from I-140

h1details said:
hi,i just want to know the following. i checked my companys ad, its says masters + 1year exp OR bachelors + 5yrs exp.

But i got masters w/ 4 yrs of experience .

will i get into EB2 or EB3. please clarify.

also if my labor is EB3, can't i file other I485 etc in EB2. ?

Thanks

Guys, I have seen all this posting filed regrading EB 2 or 3.

In labor you do not specify if it is EB2 or 3. You do it only in I-140. As per the BCIS(INS) memo after a court awarded the case to plaintiff (i think the name was chivaluka...) The INS in 2000 stating that if a person has BS + 5 years and it is noted in ETA form A in item 14 and 15 that for this job you need BS + 5 years then any one who has met these condition can file for EB 2 in I-140. But then item 15 should specify why this 5 years or masters is needed. I will try to post that memo ( it is in my home system)

Advisory for Relocated Permanent Labor Certification Application Filers or Their Repr

:) :) :) :)
As we reported earlier, the unopened cases are currently continuously transferred from the state offices and regional offices to the Backlog Reduction Centers (BRC) in Philadelphia and Dallas. These BRCs have started sending out letters to the attorneys or representatives or employers (in unrepresented cases) with the request to respond within 45 days from the date of letters. If they fail to respond within 45 days, such applications will be considered abandoned and denied. In the represented cases, the legal counsels or other representatives of the applicants are very mindful of this rule. However, those employers who filed the applications without an attorney or other representatives may miss the deadline to the response.

The situation may be critical when the representatives or employers have relocated without updating the new addresses to the State offices or Regional Certifying officers. At this time, there is no clear guidelines from the DOL as to how the applicants or their representatives should update the addresses. This will be particularly troublesome when the applicants do not know whether their cases are still at the state or regional offices or have been transferred to the BRCs. It is also not clear whether the BRC letters can be forwarded by the U.S. Postal Services. Traditionally, the address change could be effected only by the amendment of the ETA 750 forms which involved return of the forms by the state or regional offices to allow the applicants to change the addresses on the forms. As the DOL is currently undergoing the reorganization process and things are not well streamlined to deal with such amendment process during this transitional period, it is urged that the DOL releases a guidance on procedure to amend the applications by those who moved such that they properly receive the notices and do not face the risk of being denied for failure to respond within 45 days of the BRC notices. It is also urged that either DOL or BRCs posts the case numbers on its website that have been transferred to the BRC or develop online status check system. This will allow the people to learn which agencies they should deal with to report the change of addresses!

Attorneys or representives who moved may file a new G-28 as quickly as possible not to experience a crisis. This reporter is in the process of changing the suite number in the building and intends to do so.

Source: immigration-law.com

Address Change

Attorneys or representives who moved may file a new G-28 as quickly as possible not to experience a crisis with Labor certification.

Letters from BEC

I just talk to my lawyer and he told me that he has not received any letter yet ..... but another lawyer from the same building has recieved several letters today from the BEC !!!! ... he told me to espect some good news shortly :D :D :D I want to believe him :) :) :)

eb2 and eb3 again. Sorry.

Hi Vikram_P and everyone,

I had this coversation with my lawyer 2.5 years ago when I first filed labor. I wanted to be in EB2, but he said I would be EB3 since my pay was not high enough to justify a EB2.

He showed me some search he ran against a DOL database and salary returned from the search was much higher than what I was earning. So he said, I should be in EB3. Then on the company ad, it was posted as requiring a master's degree or equivalent.

After 2.5 years, now, I make high enough for the "qualifying" salary of EB2 that my lawyer mentioned. My question is: If my Ad says requiring master degree, should I be in EB2? I know I should look in my form. But I don't have a copy of part A of the form and I had very bad experience talking to my lawyer at all.

Can you shed some lights on my situation? Thanks!

vikram_p said:
Guys, I have seen all this posting filed regrading EB 2 or 3.

In labor you do not specify if it is EB2 or 3. You do it only in I-140. As per the BCIS(INS) memo after a court awarded the case to plaintiff (i think the name was chivaluka...) The INS in 2000 stating that if a person has BS + 5 years and it is noted in ETA form A in item 14 and 15 that for this job you need BS + 5 years then any one who has met these condition can file for EB 2 in I-140. But then item 15 should specify why this 5 years or masters is needed. I will try to post that memo ( it is in my home system)