Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

orissa said:
Hi guys,
I checked with my attorney and they still haven't received any letters from the BRC. Also, I was told that the letters are going to be sent to the EMPLOYER and not the company.

Orrisa,
I am bit confused by your message what do you mean letter will be sent to EMPLOYER and not the company?? arent they both the same?

Thanks

Ari2002 said:
My RIR LC have recently been forwarded to Philly.

All I have is a letter sent from Virginia EC to my lawyer notifying that VEC have forwarded my application to Philly Regional DOL.

The letter have my case number with the VEC.

Does -

1) Philly DOL assign me a new case number?

2) Philly DOL send me a new receipt notice?

and, also

3) How do I check my case status? The 215-861-5286 number keeps ringing and ringing. Is there any other way?

Just want to make sure that the regional received my application.

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ari

1) yes, you will have new case number that is different from the state level number
2). Not sure. I didn't receive this when my case was transferred. But maybe the notice was sent to the attorney. But if you ask your attorney for a case number with Regional dol, you will know that your case has been received by regional if you get a case number, right?

3) Currently, there is no way to check the pending case status. The 215 number no longer works after the BEC process started.

BEC letters

Hi Orissa,
I'm not sure if you meant whether the letters will be sent to the employer or the attorney. If our lawyers do not have the same thing to say then people like me might get into trouble as my employer has changed address twice since my LC was filed and there is no way a letter can reach my employer.

Sorry my mistake BRC Letters

Hi guys,
I checked with my attorney and they still haven't received any letters from the BRC. Also, I was told that the letters are going to be sent to the EMPLOYER and not the LAWYER .

orissa said:
Hi guys,
I checked with my attorney and they still haven't received any letters from the BRC. Also, I was told that the letters are going to be sent to the EMPLOYER and not the LAWYER .

Thats much better, now its making sense. Thanks for clarifying. :)

BRC Letters

There hundreds of Fradulent LC filed during April 30, 2001. That is the main reason why DOL planing to send letters to EMPLOYER and not LAWYER, so that they could find out the real and genuine employer. Thats what my Lawyer said.

FYI

DOL Transition Watch : BEC Letters & Case Transfers
Posted Dec 10, 2004

BEC 45-Day Letters
©MurthyDotCom
The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) announced that the Dallas and Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Centers (BECs), sometimes referred to as the Backlog Reduction Centers or BRCs, would be issuing approximately 10,000 Receipt Notification Letters during the week of December 6, 2004. These letters require sponsoring employers to respond within the stated time. If no response is received, the case will be closed.
©MurthyDotCom
These DOL-issued receipt notification letters request certain information from sponsoring employers and have a response deadline of 45 days. If the DOL does not receive a response to a letter within the 45-day deadline, the case will be closed. These letters should normally be sent to the employer's representative. If the employer receives the letter directly but has an attorney, the employer should speak to the attorney regarding the letter immediately.

Any Updates on BRC/BEC?

Tomshu, Akela or Anybody?

'BEC 45-Day Letters'

Hi, do you have any updates from BEC pertaining to 'BEC 45-Day Letters'? Please keep us all posted with updated information.

Thanks in Advance

AwardMyGC

Last edited by a moderator:
Concern

orissa said:
Hi guys,

In our company the HR person who signed on all the paper work, and is listed to represent the company in my application, is not working any more with us. So I am concerned that if the letter is sent to her name, other HR folks may not even bother to open it and I may never find out about it. There should be some way for us to know if they have or have not sent the letter to the company. It is easy for these letters to get lost with tons of mail they receive every day. I know lawyers are more responsible when it comes to handling mail, as compared to HR folks.

Employer or lawyer?

Tomshu/Akela,
If you happen to call BEC, please do ask them if the letter are being dispatched to the employer or lawyer.
Thanks.

same here

msabir said:
In our company the HR person who signed on all the paper work, and is listed to represent the company in my application, is not working any more with us. So I am concerned that if the letter is sent to her name, other HR folks may not even bother to open it and I may never find out about it. There should be some way for us to know if they have or have not sent the letter to the company. It is easy for these letters to get lost with tons of mail they receive every day. I know lawyers are more responsible when it comes to handling mail, as compared to HR folks.

Tomshu: could you clarify this. Since i am in the same situation HR person who signed on all the paper work, and is listed to represent the company in my application, is not working any more with us. I have a HR department for whom i act as the immigration advisor ( you guys can imagine my state). So if you get to know that they will get the letter then I can ask them to be ready.

Retrogress

Guys I am usually a very optimistic audience of this forum and I kept my hope alive till today to get an EAD (not GC). But now with this retrogress news I think even getting an EAD is like dreaming to win a power ball lottery. Any thoughts or any statements to keep the hope alive.

To VAhoper

VAhoper,

Thanks for the reply.

Please clarify me your following response -

"1) yes, you will have new case number that is different from the state level number"

My question is, how do you know your case number with the federal DOL? Do they send you/attorney any letter?

As I have mentioned before, the only document that I have is the letter Virginia EC sent to my attorney informing the application has been forwarded to Philly at a certain date. It has my old (SWA) case number as a reference.

How did you know your case number with the Philly DOL?

I would appreciate your response.

Thanks,

Ari

yours_sincerely said:
Tomshu/Akela,
If you happen to call BEC, please do ask them if the letter are being dispatched to the employer or lawyer.
Thanks.

Hey,
Its clearly mentioned in the DOL letter to SWA that it will send the notification to employer's representative (meaning employers law firm). In case employer has no representative, then the letter will be directly sent to them (meaning Employer).

Good or Bad for those who have already applied?

The White House announced in the dawn today that it cleared the long-awaited PERM final regulation of the U.S. Department of Labor. The exact date of release of this regulation in the federal register is unknown and left to the DOL, but it may not take too long to release this regulation. The Chief of Foreign Labor Certification, DOL, previously stated that once the regualtion was published, it would have 60-day window period of time before the PERM program would be actually launched. Now, PERM is reality and no longer the subject of speculation.
The current labor certification system of RIR, Limited Review, and Regular labor certification applications will soon disappear and be discontinued. The National Processing Centers in Chicago and Atlanta will go into full operation of the new labor certification applications named PERM as soon as the 60-day window is opened. For the development of this news, please stay tuned to this website.
SOURCE: http://www.immigration-law.com

From my attorney

I had asked my attorney if he recieved "receipt notification letter" from DOL.

Here is his reponse..

"When we receive any notice on the application filed for you we will let you know. There have been numerous statements made and a lot of misinformation has been given out. There has to date been no action taken by the backlog reduction center on any application. When there is we will let you know."

Did anyone get any info about the letters sent out by DOL?

Promote to EB2

Hi Every body,

Please answer for the following.

My Labor was filed in EB3 category. Can we make request to INS to promote this case to EB2.

Vasu209 said:
Hi Every body,

Please answer for the following.

My Labor was filed in EB3 category. Can we make request to INS to promote this case to EB2.

It's not possible to change the category. You have to re-apply with EB2 if you want to with new application in which case you loose all your previous time spent on labour application. It's again a fresh application.

OMB Completes Review of PERM

OMB Completes Review of PERM
Dec 14, 2004

The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) has finally cleared its review of the PERM regulation. It contains the notation "Consistent with Change." Now that OMB has completed its review, the DOL must decide whether or when to publish PERM in the Federal Register so that it may be implemented effective from a certain date.

The PERM procedures cannot go into effect until the final regulation is published in the Federal Register. The DOL mentioned that they had changed the effective date for PERM from 120 days to only 60 days after its publication in the Federal Register.

Watch MurthyDotCom for more on this important development!

© The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, P.C. (2004)

Ari2002 said:
VAhoper,

Thanks for the reply.

Please clarify me your following response -

"1) yes, you will have new case number that is different from the state level number"

My question is, how do you know your case number with the federal DOL? Do they send you/attorney any letter?

As I have mentioned before, the only document that I have is the letter Virginia EC sent to my attorney informing the application has been forwarded to Philly at a certain date. It has my old (SWA) case number as a reference.

How did you know your case number with the Philly DOL?

I would appreciate your response.

Thanks,

Ari

When my case was transferred to Regional DOL, I asked the lawyer for a case number. I'm not sure whether they sent out a letter or any doc to the lawyer about the case number. My understanding is that once regional DOL receives the case, it will assign the case a new case number. In order to know this case number, I would imagine the lawyer received some type of confirmation. My lawyer was able to give me a case number. This number is different from the previous case number I filed to the state office. The transfer of my case to Regional was way before the BEC time, so once I knew the case number, I was also able to verify the status thru the 215 number.

I think right now the best way for you is to check with your attorney on your case status. If they say it has been filed with the regional dol, then ask for a case number.