Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

Talked to the good lady again

The letters are not out, this week or next week (I know we have been hearing this since many weeks, nee months now. I guess 15th Nov is there internal date for printing letters).

Now don't ask about the process, it is still being worked. The overiding concern is of course it should be a fair system (and I hope efficeinet too).

They are going to send letters for all the LC in the system. Of course not all will be mailed the same day, They will be mailed and processed based on application number (and who knows what application number is based on, I would assume earlier date will have earlier number)

A good case takes not more than 10 minutes to certify.

There is a tracking number, not setup and cued yet, but surely it will work.

13,000 cases from Phily regional have been tranferred (total).

As of now Phily and SF cases will be processed. Later on cases from state will be processed.

rgds,
a

ciril99 said:
Friends,

I read the following article at Murthy.com and trying to understand if this is true:

There would be a freeze from USCIS on receiving all I-485 applications till USCIS maintain all the priority dates upto current. The last date that USCIS accepts applications for filing I-485 is some time in January 2005 and USCIS won't accept applications after January 2005.

Please interprete any one if this is true. If it is true, then in that case if our labor cert approved after Jan, 2005, we cannot get the benefits of EAD?

Please comment on this.

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_rempri.html

Ciril99

Folks,

I know I'm not supposed to ask I-485 related questions here and my case is also at Phili Federal center.

My only concern is, what happend if our labor gets approved after January 2005 and according to latest http://www.murthy.com/news/n_rempri.html article, we cannot file for I-140 and I-485 after Jan, 2005.

Please clarify if any expert in this forum.

Thank.

Does anyone know about what are the earlier state filing dates for SF as well as Philly cases that are in BRC. That date decides what get processed.

rgds,
a

ciril99 said:
Folks,

I know I'm not supposed to ask I-485 related questions here and my case is also at Phili Federal center.

My only concern is, what happend if our labor gets approved after January 2005 and according to latest http://www.murthy.com/news/n_rempri.html article, we cannot file for I-140 and I-485 after Jan, 2005.

Thank.

It has been talked abt earlier. If that happens, it will be most probably for EB3 category. EB2 should be fine.

ciril99 said:
Folks,

Thank.

Its for Eb3 Only.. And You can still file I-140 but not I-485 till PD becomes current for your Case.

ciril99 said:
Folks,

Thank.

I have the same concern too. I'm EB3. Even if LC is approved, if I cannot file I-140 and I-485, can I still extend my h1-b if the 6 year h1-b time is up?

Can still apply for I-140

The priority dates matter when you apply for I-485. Even if the priority date is not current, you can still apply for I-140 and get approval.

But one will not be able to take advantage of concurrent filing of I-140/ I-485.

Also Jan 2005, the PDs retrogress mostly for EB-3 category. We have to see how it goes in other categories.

Hope this helps.

ciril99 said:
Folks,

Thank.

VAhoper said:
I have the same concern too. I'm EB3. Even if LC is approved, if I cannot file I-140 and I-485, can I still extend my h1-b if the 6 year h1-b time is up?

You can file for I-140 & get H1 extensions also on basis of pending I-140.. I-485 is the one you have to wait till the PD becomes current.

You should be able to apply for 7th year H1 ext as long as either LC or 140 is pending for more than 365 days.

So, answer is yes if you have filed for your labor an year ago.

VAhoper said:

Philly State Dates

Most cases from State of Maryland that are in BRC have state filing dates of Early 2002. ( From Jan 2002 to April 2002). I believe MD is still processing May 2002 cases. This is all under RIR.

District of Columbia is still processing April 2001 for RIR and regular. So cases from there in BRC should be around that date.

Other states in Philly region or in 2003 or early 2004.

I don't know about SF dates.
akela said:
Does anyone know about what are the earlier state filing dates for SF as well as Philly cases that are in BRC. That date decides what get processed.

rgds,
a

Thanks guys for the clarification. Same as many of you, I have filed my LC more than one year. It has been 2.5 years actually.

VAhoper said:
Thanks guys for the clarification. Same as many of you, I have filed my LC more than one year. It has been 2.5 years actually.

In that case you will not be affected by EB3 Date Retrogress anyway... Most sources say the PD will be go back to 2002 so you will be still be able to file as your PD is in 2002..

Akela,

Okay now I am confused. BEC are they going to process based on 'State Filing Date' or 'DOL Receipt Date'?

Thanks

AwardMyGC

akela said:

rgds,
a

gp111,

Will I be affected, Since my state filing date is 09/10/2002 and the DOL receipt date is 04/24/2003 (EB3 NON-RIR Category).

Thanks

AwardMyGC

gp111 said:
In that case you will not be affected by EB3 Date Retrogress anyway... Most sources say the PD will be go back to 2002 so you will be still be able to file as your PD is in 2002..

AwardMyGC said:
gp111,

Will I be affected, Since my state filing date is 09/10/2002 and the DOL receipt date is 04/24/2003 (EB3 NON-RIR Category).

Thanks

AwardMyGC

The I-485 Filing Avalibility works on PD ( the State Filing Date)... So if they go back to 09/2002 you will be still be able to file concurrently but if it goes back more form that you may need to wait few months before you can file I-485

LC Applicants,

Here with I have enclosed a list of all the states that falls under Philadelphia Region. Please feel free to add the earliest state filing date corresponding to their state. If anyone’s state-filling date supersede the date, which is already in list? Please feel to update the state-filling date.

PHILADELPHIA
Region

Delaware

District of Columbia
(Washington D.C.)

Maryland

Philadelphia (PA)

Harrisburg (PA)

Pittsburgh (PA)

Commonwealth
of Virginia

West Virginia – 09/10/2002

Thanks

AwardMyGC

Date regression and EB2 vs EB3

I have heard that date regression will happen and probably EB3 is going to be effected and not EB2. Why? What is the quota for EB2 and EB3 each year and how many apply in them. Does anyone know.

Thanks,
a

Letters

I talked to my lawyer (and she has her own hot line), Don't hold your breath on the letters...they would be sent soon, hopefully before this year is out but when, your guess is as good as mine or hers or the folks at BRC. I guess now they are going to wait out to enter SF cases (this is strictly a guess). But once it starts going, within few months (4-5), Phily should be over.

Thanks,
a