Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

within 45 days. the earlier is better for all of us but then the attorneys like the concept the later the better

dcmetro22042 said:
Tomshu: Once letters are sent out, in how many days would the lawyers need to respond back to the DOL?

45 dates, otherwise the case will be dropped.

vikram: two things that might throw a kink to your calculation:

- In Dec there is almost no work done :). Work picks up in 2nd week of Jan
- Sending RFE (or NOF) takes more time/days. That would mean, one application done by one person/per day. Hopefully there is less of that.

Just thought of those two scenarios. But Optimism is definitely welcome :)

dcmetro22042 said:
vikram: two things that might throw a kink to your calculation:

- In Dec there is almost no work done :). Work picks up in 2nd week of Jan
- Sending RFE (or NOF) takes more time/days. That would mean, one application done by one person/per day. Hopefully there is less of that.

Just thought of those two scenarios. But Optimism is definitely welcome :)

A good case takes only about 20 minutes to complete. A trouble case could take a whole day. So averagely 2-3 hours per case would be a reasonable guess. Therefore 2 cases /person/day may be used to calculate the time.

Remeber before BRC there were 10 employee at Phily DOL out of which only 5 worked on LC, Things like H2A, H2b ALSO WERE DONE. The number is going up many times, so things look good, still many questions remain...

The adjutication still is with Fed employee...only 5-10 are vetrans, rest are new, can they reach decision fast. The contractors are the good news, they might handle entering data , mailing, maybe (typing up NOFs) etc. The long work if assigned to them (except for decisions) than things should move fast.

The other concern is lack of process even now...I was informed it would be state rcvd date that will detrmine who gets in first, now it' DOL rcvd date (unless they really decided today that it will be DOL rcvd date and came up with a process strategy). If the confusion still prevails..God help us all.

Second, have they trained all the new people or is it another 2 months program before anything gets done.

The most important, when they send letters, will they sit on theis tushy for 45 days and then start processing or start as soon as they rcv back replies. I was told they will start (or maybe use the time to train?). If that is true, where iS FIFO. iF THERE is going to be FIFO, Then you have to wait for 45 days??

The sad part is even the BRC may not know answer to these questions...

rgds,
a

Tomshu,
Are we talking to the same person, a lady with the name Bar..... She is quite helpful, but if we both are talking to the same lady then maybe one of us should talk with all the questions pooled in.

rgds
a

akela said:
Tomshu,
Are we talking to the same person, a lady with the name Bar..... She is quite helpful, but if we both are talking to the same lady then maybe one of us should talk with all the questions pooled in.

rgds
a

I guess so. Even though I have another official's number, I'd rather talk to her as she is very patient and very nice!

Thank You Tomshu

tomshu said:
I guess so. Even though I have another official's number, I'd rather talk to her as she is very patient and very nice!

Thanks for the Update, I really hope you are rigth !!!
If you get your aproval, you have to give us your hotline number : :rolleyes: :D

Tomshu and Akela,

Hotline! You might want to auction it out on ebay?

Thanks

Choclito said:
Thanks for the Update, I really hope you are rigth !!!
If you get your aproval, you have to give us your hotline number : :rolleyes: :D

lc4gc said:
You are wrong, only 2 or 3 applications can be processed a day by one DOL staff...NOT 20 APPLICATIONS..

DOL had proposed work load hours (2.8 Hours/case) in Federal Register ..
yes it is 2.8 hrs for a case without those additional help enlisted (contractors). I thought tomshu or akela indicated that the BRC person said that a person could do 22 cases if they were no issues. So i just made it 20. Remember one thing, they cannot just do Philly DOL and SF DOL for a year... they have to complete then Chicago DOL, Boston DOL and NY DOL then do all the States under these DOL and this the congress has given them time --- 2 years.....

They Labor secrectary would need to answer the congress if this is not met. Since The President has signed that all backlogged will be done by the Year 2006.

Last edited by a moderator:
What does the "letter" from DOL comprise of?

I am new to this forum. Can someone kindly tell what the DOL letter (from Backlog Elimination Center) comprises of? Is it a letter saying "your" case is being processed or is there more in it?

Thanks,
MG

mrg2,

This 45-days letter is supposed to be sent-out to the cases that are with BEC. The primary intent of this letter is affirmation, whether you still need to pursue this application or not?

Upon receipt of this letter employer/lawyer need to sign it and send it back to BEC in order for them to process your application?

Is your application pending with Philly DOL, what is your case details?

Thanks

AwardMyGC

mrg2 said:
I am new to this forum. Can someone kindly tell what the DOL letter (from Backlog Elimination Center) comprises of? Is it a letter saying "your" case is being processed or is there more in it?

Thanks,
MG

mrg2 said:

Thanks,
MG

That long waited letter untill now mystery, lets wait till 22 november.

AwardMyGC said:
mrg2,

This 45-days letter is supposed to be sent-out to the cases that are with BEC. The primary intent of this letter is affirmation, whether you still need to pursue this application or not?

Upon receipt of this letter employer/lawyer need to sign it and send it back to BEC in order for them to process your application?

Is your application pending with Philly DOL, what is your case details?

Thanks

AwardMyGC
Thanks, AwardMyGC!

My RIR LC (Philadelphia) priority date is October 25, 2002. Received in DOL (Federal) on July 25, 2003. Philadelphia DOL is currently processing July 2003.

Regards,
MG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks mrg2,

As you know DOL website cite that they are processing June/July 2003 cases for little over 5/6 months. Philly DOL has done nothing for 2004. I bet out only hope is 'BEC'.

Best Regards

AwardMyGC

mrg2 said:
Thanks, AwardMyGC!

My LC (Philadelphia) priority date is October 25, 2002. Received in DOL (Federal) on July 25, 2003. Philadelphia DOL is currently processing July 2003.

Regards,
MG

AwardMyGC said:
Thanks mrg2,

As you know DOL website cite that they are processing June/July 2003 cases for little over 5/6 months. Philly DOL has done nothing for 2004. I bet out only hope is 'BEC'.

Best Regards

AwardMyGC
That's true! But, I shudder to think that BEC is our only hope. Atlanta (Apr 2003), Dallas (Jan 2003), San Fransisco (Mar 2003) are all behind Philaldelphia (Jul 2003); which means they will be taken for processing before Philadelphia (Jul 2003). Isn't this a grave situation? I hope I am missing something here and I am wrong!

How do the RIR/Non-RIR cases fit into all this? Or, once in DOL, they aren't differentiated but are just processed based on receipt date?

Please enlighten.

Thanks,
MG

Okay Atlanta and Dallas are not part of Philly BEC, so that leaves as with Philadelphia and SF cases. BEC already finished entering Philly cases (13000) into new BEC system and they're in process of entering SF cases (10000) into BEC system. DOL Published July 2003 processing date is just a myth; by candor I know there are few RIR cases pending from Jan thru May 2003.

SF Mar 2003 and Philly July 2003 it just matter of three months, I really don't think it's going to hurt Philly LC applicants that much since we already waited for such a loooonnnnnnnggggggggg time.

We really don't know if they are going to have 2 queues (1 for RIR & 1 for NON-RIR)? If BEC chose to process application based on receipt date and not differentiate RIR * NON-RIR categories then Philly cases takes precedence over SF cases, since Philly dol has NON-RIR cases pending from DEC 2002.

AwardMyGC

mrg2 said:
That's true! But, I shudder to think that BEC is our only hope. Atlanta (Apr 2003), Dallas (Jan 2003), San Fransisco (Mar 2003) are all behind Philaldelphia (Jul 2003); which means they will be taken for processing before Philadelphia (Jul 2003). Isn't this a grave situation? I hope I am missing something here and I am wrong!

How do the RIR/Non-RIR cases fit into all this? Or, once in DOL, they aren't differentiated but are just processed based on receipt date?

Please enlighten.

Thanks,
MG