Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

akela said:
Guys I had a question, I tried my Lawyer but she could not give a satisfactory reply, so here is the question anyway.

I have waited too long (almost 3 years with My GC and 5 years in my Job, don't want to wait any longer) for my GC. With BRC expected to work, I believe that in December letters will be sent and replied by the lawyers. I am going on Vacation from second week of Dec till second week of Jan. How will that absence hurt me (in that I will be late in applying for my I-140 and 485). Will the flood of I-14O and 485 submission (that will follow after Regional getting finished) make me very late in getting my EAD, Advance Parole and finally I-140 and 485??

Please advice and help.

rgds,
a
First of all, I believe by the second week of Dec your lawyer should know what materials are needed for the confirmation letter, and you should also be well aware of it as well. If by that time you still do not know anything about the confirmation letter, then

You are advised better not to take a vacation if
1/ your Phil DOL receipt date is quite before Dec, 2003
2/. and your case was filed with EB3

Otherwise I do not think it will matter too much.
Anyway you can keep pinging your lawyer for further information even when you are in vacation in our current moden world.

Last edited by a moderator:
akela said:
Guys I had a question, I tried my Lawyer but she could not give a satisfactory reply, so here is the question anyway.

I have waited too long (almost 3 years with My GC and 5 years in my Job, don't want to wait any longer) for my GC. With BRC expected to work, I believe that in December letters will be sent and replied by the lawyers. I am going on Vacation from second week of Dec till second week of Jan. How will that absence hurt me (in that I will be late in applying for my I-140 and 485). Will the flood of I-14O and 485 submission (that will follow after Regional getting finished) make me very late in getting my EAD, Advance Parole and finally I-140 and 485??

Please advice and help.

rgds,
a

Why don't you keep all the papers ready & file as soon as you return.. You can go for Medical now (its valid for 1 year)...

tomshu said:
First of all, I believe by the second week of Dec your lawyer should know what materials are needed for the confirmation letter, and you should also be well aware of it as well. If by that time you still do not know anything about the confirmation letter, then

You are advised better not to take a vacation if
1/ your Phil DOL receipt date is quite before Dec, 2003
2/. and your case was filed with EB3

Otherwise I do not think it will matter too much.
Anyway you can keep pinging your lawyer for further information even when you are in vacation in our current moden world.

Tomshu,

Please correct if it is Phil DOL receipt date or State labor receipt date.

My details are, state labor was filed on Jan-03-2002 and Phili receive date was Jan-04-2004. So please let me know what are my options? Do I fall into INS cut off dates?

Thanks,
Ciril

Tomshu's last entry has me worried a bit. My app reached Philly DOL on Jan 20th 2004. Is there a cutoff for which Philly apps are going to be dealt with in the first round of Philly Processing in BEC. I didnt find any cutoff dates there. I was under the impression that all Philly Fedreal backlogged cases which dont go to the National Processing Centers are going to be processed in the BEC to complete all Philly Processing

Am I right in assuming that

gp111 said:
Why don't you keep all the papers ready & file as soon as you return.. You can go for Medical now (its valid for 1 year)...

What papers and materials should we parepare now? I'll meet almost the same senario as akela. I'll be on vacation next month. Besides, my wife is in New Jersey and I'm in California. Should we take medical exams together or seperately in two states? Thanks, gp111.

unclear said:
What papers and materials should we parepare now? I'll meet almost the same senario as akela. I'll be on vacation next month. Besides, my wife is in New Jersey and I'm in California. Should we take medical exams together or seperately in two states? Thanks, gp111.

You can find list of required documents in I-140 forums... the things that would required from you side will be BIRTH CERT, Copy of PP, I-94, Latest Pay Stubs, IT Returns/W2 & Medical .. I guess you should be able to do seperate Medical exams ( check with attorneys first).

gp111 said:
You can find list of required documents in I-140 forums... the things that would required from you side will be BIRTH CERT, Copy of PP, I-94, Latest Pay Stubs, IT Returns/W2 & Medical .. I guess you should be able to do seperate Medical exams ( check with attorneys first).

Thanks, gp111. One of my friends got his I-485 approved today. His case was filed three months ago. It seems the pilot program is still going on, right?

unclear said:
Thanks, gp111. One of my friends got his I-485 approved today. His case was filed three months ago. It seems the pilot program is still going on, right?

to which service center he applied i485? is it california ? under which category is he, eb2 or eb3? did he apply concurently? can u elaborate about ur friend's case?

regards

unclear said:

Pilot Project is over but California (CSC) processing has improved like anything.. I have seen many concurrent EB2 & EB3 cases getting approved in 3 to 6 months...

ciril99 said:
Tomshu,

Please correct if it is Phil DOL receipt date or State labor receipt date.

My details are, state labor was filed on Jan-03-2002 and Phili receive date was Jan-04-2004. So please let me know what are my options? Do I fall into INS cut off dates?

Thanks,
Ciril

It's only a speculation. But according to what the State Department published about one month ago, there will be a cut off date mainly for EB3 applications starting from Jan, 2005. The cut off date could be some date before 2003 according to some web sites' speculation. Once the BEC starts processing applications, there will be a lot of cases to be flooded to immigration centers specially for Phil cases at the beginning. But after some time, the BEC will start to process SF cases once it's ready as the BEC is set up to process all the backlog cases not only for Phil one's, meaning the BEC will start Phil cases then mix different DOL's cases.

I personally think your case should be fine as it has been pending for almost three years ago. However the earlier the better, this rule works for everyone.

--Tomshu

Last edited by a moderator:
Need help

From VA, LC EB-2 was filed in June 2002 and the priority date is 06/17/2002. Later, it moved to Regional office on 03/26/2004 and I'm still waiting to hear from them.

But, I have been hearing news regarding filing of I-140 and I-485 issues, after the LC is approved. Can anybody please provide more details.

Thanks

LongWaitingGC said:
From VA, LC EB-2 was filed in June 2002 and the priority date is 06/17/2002. Later, it moved to Regional office on 03/26/2004 and I'm still waiting to hear from them.

But, I have been hearing news regarding filing of I-140 and I-485 issues, after the LC is approved. Can anybody please provide more details.

Thanks

The PD Retrogression is expected in EB-3 (& that also for India, China & Philippines only).. Your EB-2 case will not get affected by this & you will be able to file I-140/485 concurrently as soon as LC gets certified

LongWaitingGC said:

Thanks

Hey LongWaitingGC, my case is very close to yours. I am going to be interested in hearing about your case every step of the way because it'll mean something would have happened or would be expected to happen on my case too.

My PD is April 16th 2002.
Regional recv date is April 2004.
EB2 - presumably with the BEC now.
And presumably not affected by the expected retrogression.
Also, here's a swiff of fresh air, apparently 20,000 cases have been approved per month for the last few months (if I have my stats right) in the 140 / 485 concurrent filing stages in CA. So we can hope for better speed after LaborCert.

antonioa77 said:
to which service center he applied i485? is it california ? under which category is he, eb2 or eb3? did he apply concurently? can u elaborate about ur friend's case?

regards

He applied concurrently with EB2 in California.

What is PD Retrogression ? and what PD stand for?

gp111 said:
The PD Retrogression is expected in EB-3 (& that also for India, China & Philippines only).. Your EB-2 case will not get affected by this & you will be able to file I-140/485 concurrently as soon as LC gets certified

orissa said:
What is PD Retrogression ? and what PD stand for?

PD : Priority Date.. for EB cases its the date labor first filed at SWA (If no LC required or Labor Substitution its I-140 filing date)

The priority dates reflect the date before which a case must be filed in order to have a visa number available. This is vital information, as it determines which individuals are eligible to further pursue permanent residence, through either the I-485 or consular processing for an immigrant visa based upon an approved I-140, or other immigrant petition. It is necessary for there to be a visa number available in order to file the final stage of the green card case and to obtain either the "green card" approval or the issuance of the immigrant visa.

At the present time, all employment-based (EB) categories are current. This means that there are enough visa numbers for all cases, in all employment-based categories, regardless of one's priority date or the initial filing date. However, this favorable situation is likely to end. The DOS states that it is probable one or more EB preference categories will cease being current during FY2005 and will have cut-off dates, as has been experienced in the past. The Visa Bulletin states that the EB third-preference category (where the job requires either 2 years of prior work experience or a Bachelor's degree and less than 5 years of prior work experience) may retrogress as early as January 2005, though this is not yet a certainty.

gp111,

Suppose if the cut-off date in jan 2003 is May 2003. Then those who applied Labor after may 2003 has to wait for some time. This is my understanding. Can you clarify this? The labor department will stop processing LC (SWA and DOL) for those who applied after may 2003.

Thanks

immi2003 said:
gp111,

Suppose if the cut-off date in jan 2003 is May 2003. Then those who applied Labor after may 2003 has to wait for some time. This is my understanding. Can you clarify this? The labor department will stop processing LC (SWA and DOL) for those who applied after may 2003.

Thanks

NO... PD Retrogression is for I-485 filing & it has nothing to do with Labor Processing...

If the Cutoff date is Jan 2003, means if your PD is in or before Jan 2003, you can apply for I-485 as soon as your LC certified. If not you have to wait till PD becomes current...

for example, If "A" has PD of Dec-02 & "B" with PD Feb-03.. if Cutoff Date is Jan-03, "A" can file I-485 & "B" will wait till cutoff date moves to Feb-03.

hope this helps

When would be my LC Completed

Hi All,

My 7 Year extension is starting from Dec 1 2004 - Feb 2006. MY GC Details are as follows:
Category : EB3 - RIR
MD SWA Receipt Date : 04/08/2002
Transferred To DOL Date: 08/27/2004 (Is is Receipt date at DOL?).
I learned that we could file for 1 year extensions only, If your LC is pendinmg for more than one year, Or If your I-140 is pending for more than one year.With this BEC, assuming my LC got cleared in later part of Year 2005, I may not get 8 year extension on Feb 2006 because my I140 is not filed for 1 year. Let me know if my fears are true or wrong?