Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

New member...LC Question

Hi, i am filing my LC at Pittsburg next week. looks like the state is processing fast. but for region, it comes to PA region . I learned from this forum that PA is laggging behind for more than 1 year. any suggestions like will I get affected ? or I will also come regular queue? any thoughts. i am new so i donno much abt this. thanks in advance.

also how can i check the state level status ? is there any AVM/web site for status update ?

Please help.

Choclito said:
Labor Certification Update: Department of Labor’s FY 2005

If PERM is not implemented, the Atlanta and Chicago national processing centers will serve as two additional backlog reduction sites.

If PERM is not implemented, labor certification applications submitted after January 1, 2005, will continue to be filed with SWAs, and then transferred, in order of priority date, to either a backlog reduction center, or to one of the national processing centers in Atlanta or Chicago.

Cases will be forwarded from SWAs based upon a schedule from the ETA division of DOL.Therefore, cases filed with a SWA after January 1, 2005 will not receive any sort of priority in adjudication.

Substantial and significant reduction in both the traditional and RIR backlogs is expected in 2005, particularly for cases filed in California.

We will provide more information as soon as it becomes available.

Well , from what I understood reading the memo, the Chicago and Atlanta centers will start processing the new applications after January 1 2005 if PERM is not implemented.

Any activity this week in the BRC? Letters that were supposed to be sent out? Any signs hinting towards some action at BRC?

dcmetro22042 said:
Any activity this week in the BRC? Letters that were supposed to be sent out? Any signs hinting towards some action at BRC?

I think letters were going to be sent out from 22nd Nov, atleast thats what I picked up from previous postings.

BEC and sample compalaint letter?

hi,
I am wondering is there a timeframe for cases which would be transferred to BEC? My case was received in philli DOL on 19 Nov, 2003. should I ask my lawyer if he received a letter from BEC?

There are a campain for backlog of 485 on the other thread and they sent email /letter to senetor and congressman. do we have a similar campain for LC delay?
one of my friends suggested me to write a letter to complain and trigger the speedy-up of my case?.he said he read some letter from this site. I cannot find these letters? can anyone help to find a sample for me? who should I address if I write a letter?
Thanks,

Folks: Due to lack of reponse in VA thread, I am posting this here. Could anyone respond back from their experience:

Once NOF (After Recruiting Process and Report submitted with SWA) is submitted with VA SWA in response to recruting efforts for Regular Labor Petition, in how much time can we expect to hear back from VA that they have approved and forwarded the petition with Regional DOL?

Tomshu, Akela or Anybody,

Could you please confirm with BEC analyst as of when they are going to
send out 45-days letter?

Thanks in Advance

AwardMyGC

GC_Lover said:
I think letters were going to be sent out from 22nd Nov, atleast thats what I picked up from previous postings.

AwardMyGC said:

send out 45-days letter?

Thanks in Advance

AwardMyGC

TOMSHU AND AKELA,

moreover, if u can ask too if some SWA have already sent their files to BEC because the memo of ETA issued in sep 29 2004 which talks about the transition, says that in october some states with the oldest backlogs will begin sending their files to BEC. now we r in november and no information is there about this issue yet.
can u ask about that? and if some SWA sent their files which states are those?

regards,

antonioa77 said:
TOMSHU AND AKELA,

moreover, if u can ask too if some SWA have already sent their files to BEC because the memo of ETA issued in sep 29 2004 which talks about the transition, says that in october some states with the oldest backlogs will begin sending their files to BEC. now we r in november and no information is there about this issue yet.
can u ask about that? and if some SWA sent their files which states are those?

regards,

Why should we worry about SWA as long as the regional cases will be processed first?

tomshu said:
Why should we worry about SWA as long as the regional cases will be processed first?

TOMSHU,

me and others, were waiting at the SWA levels for more than 3 years and nothing is happening. so i'm asking if there is a hope for those people soon or it is going nowhere, this is why i asked about those SWA most backlogged.

appreciate if u can ask this question.

dcmetro22042 said:
Folks: Due to lack of reponse in VA thread, I am posting this here. Could anyone respond back from their experience:

Once NOF (After Recruiting Process and Report submitted with SWA) is submitted with VA SWA in response to recruting efforts for Regular Labor Petition, in how much time can we expect to hear back from VA that they have approved and forwarded the petition with Regional DOL?

Guys since some of you are from VA and might have got their application approved recently, could you answer the above Q, based on your experience?

Any updates?

AwardMyGC

AwardMyGC said:

send out 45-days letter?

Thanks in Advance

AwardMyGC

Guys,
Give Tomshu/Akela a break. Remember that they too are working. Lets not get impatient if it takes them a while to get back to us. They are doing us a favor by relaying important information afterall.
Thanks,

AwardMyGC said:
Any updates?

AwardMyGC

Nov 22nd is just abt a week way. Lets see what happens then. Tomshu/Akela have conveyed that letters should be sent out by that date. They shall check around that, if its happening. Really hoping for some action now. :)

ojp2,

Everyone knows that Tomshu and Akela are the reliable sources. I’m growing impatient because my application is categorized as EB3 category even though I’m qualified for EB2 category they filed me under EB3 category (Company ‘BS’ policy). There are lots of people on this board anxious and keen to hear some update from BEC. I was just reassuring with Tomshu pertaining to his earlier posting stating that BEC is scheduled to send out letter by 2nd or 3rd week of November. It looks like your application is EB2 category, so I guess you don’t need to sweat much. Please stop posting apathetic/distrustful messages.

Note: Tomshu, Akela and other, please don’t get me wrong.

AwardMyGC

ojp2 said:
Guys,
Give Tomshu/Akela a break. Remember that they too are working. Lets not get impatient if it takes them a while to get back to us. They are doing us a favor by relaying important information afterall.
Thanks,

Au contraire, i am eb3 too. But thats besides the point. Which is, not much is achieved by heckling the only folks who are getting meaningful info. I would advise restrain from using foul language, this being a public forum.

Tout au contraire, You mentioned EB2 in your earlier postings(See for yourself).Nobody is heckling anybody. Let me rephrase it for you, yes this is a public forum. But you don’t just bump in and persuade people on, when/how to speak in this forum?
Same here your advice goes to you too.

ojp2
Registered User Join Date: May 2004

Philly DOL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,
I'm a new member.
My GC Labor is with Philly DOL since Feb 04. Philly DOL is now processing RIR for June 2003 (since last 4 months). Does this mean it will take 8 more months (if not more) to get approval? Is there a way to track status of an individual application? Mine is EB2. Any help/advise/info is greatly appreciated.
Best,
ojp2

ojp2 said:
Au contraire, i am eb3 too. But thats besides the point. Which is, not much is achieved by heckling the only folks who are getting meaningful info. I would advise restrain from using foul language, this being a public forum.

fyi bud, this is my second filing. the earlier, eb2, stands invalidated. pray where you get time to research all and sundry?!! i am amazed. and also, its eot for me.

I’m not your bud; you don’t need to worry about my time management. EOD... :D

ojp2 said:
fyi bud, this is my second filing. the earlier, eb2, stands invalidated. pray where you get time to research all and sundry?!! i am amazed. and also, its eot for me.