Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

pinkubenu said:
I just spoke to analyst processing my case and She told me that letters are going to go out soon asking employer to confirm that they are still interesetd in LC.

pinkubenu, how did you track the analyst working on your case? was she able to lookup information(online) when you spoke to her?

In my case there was an NOF issued the analyst told me that in such cases they really have to come to a conclusion what decision to make ?? Analyst told me that there is no need for attorney to send reminders because it really increases their work.

Could someone confirm the recipient of the letter from BEC? Is it employer or lawyer?

Cheers
Pinkubenu

Re

Hi AwardMyGC :

I got a copy of rebuttal from my lawyer's office, which included a copy of NOF as well. Analyst name and contact number was printed on NOF and rebuttal. I called the given number and voice mail gave me a different number with area code 484 I called new number and talked to the analyst.

For all the people waiting after NOF:

It appears the DOL is really confused what to do to rebuttal they are really not sure to approve or reject the case. So hold your guns and be ready to file appeal to BALCA in case a rejection comes along.

Cheers
PB

Hi pinkubenu,

Please check your PM.

AwardMyGC

pinkubenu said:
Hi AwardMyGC :

I got a copy of rebuttal from my lawyer's office, which included a copy of NOF as well. Analyst name and contact number was printed on NOF and rebuttal. I called the given number and voice mail gave me a different number with area code 484 I called new number and talked to the analyst.

It appears the DOL is really confused what to do to rebuttal they are really not sure to approve or reject the case. So hold your guns and be ready to file appeal to BALCA in case a rejection comes along.

Cheers
PB

election

Does any one have any thoughts on effects of Presidential election result on our immigration ordeal?

VAhoper said:
Does any one have any thoughts on effects of Presidential election result on our immigration ordeal?

yes If Bush win,

Mass amnesty will never likely to come soon and more chnaces for Bush "guest worker program" will legalize 8 to 12 million illegal immigrants in this country. But the immigration pundits believe it might pass in congress in 2005.

Orissa: You say mass amnesty shall not come soon, but you go on to say 8-12 mn will get legalized? Can you clarify and its affect on immigration? Another April 2001 type of delays?

Does anyone know how long it takes for the LC case to be found in AVM after case is transferred from state to regional? Also, what is the correct AVM number for Philly DOL? I would like to search for my case using employer's phone number. Any response would be appreciated.
Thanks!

mvinays said:
Does anyone know how long it takes for the LC case to be found in AVM after case is transferred from state to regional? Also, what is the correct AVM number for Philly DOL? I would like to search for my case using employer's phone number. Any response would be appreciated.
Thanks!

My understanding is that with the new BECs and all cases in Philly Regional being forwarded to BECs, currently there is no way to track case status at least for a short period of time. AVM may not be functional any more.

BEC / BRC may possibly set up a new AVM or maybe an online case status checking website. We will probably have to wait and see what happens in a few weeks.

dcmetro22042 said:
Orissa: You say mass amnesty shall not come soon, but you go on to say 8-12 mn will get legalized? Can you clarify and its affect on immigration? Another April 2001 type of delays?

What I think by the time bush will kick the new "guest worker program" all the backlog might have finished.

Pinkubenu, need some info.

Pinkubenu, when u got the NOF and after ur attorney sent the response does the receipt date change? i.e. if a case filed in federal labor on 01/2004 gets NOFd on 05/2004, resonse is sent on 06/2004...would the receipt date move from 01/2004 to 06/2004????
I am in a mess, my case was part of the Pilot program and moved to central processing group, NOFd on Dec 2003, response was sent on 01/2004..and my attorney does not know the receipt date, they have no clue if the NOF was at state or federal level as the now deceased CPG was processing both state and federal cases!!!!! This process is creating so much of heart burn that I would live longer outside the United States ;-(
Pinkubenu & rest of the gurus any information would be highly appreciated..
thanks in advance..

pinkubenu said:
Hi AwardMyGC :

Cheers
PB

Now Bush won White house that menas another 4 more labor/immigration pain for us.
what a bad choice. He will hold his thump for guest worker and other programs that will screw us. !!

mamamiax said:
Now Bush won White house that menas another 4 more labor/immigration pain for us.
what a bad choice. He will hold his thump for guest worker and other programs that will screw us. !!

This is silly.

First, how is the election related to processing of DOL cases?? Since I do not believe any members of this thread work closely with the president, I seriously doubt the 'theories' that there is going to be a sudden and fundamental change in actions/policies already in place wrt BEC/NPC.

So please take your spam and kvetching elsewhere!!

Second, I have been following the election as well and anyone else, and I did not see Any difference in policies of either candidates. Immigration, like social security is the famed 'third rail' of American policies, and there is going to be no major change for quite a long time, whoever is in the white house. (In any case, the president does not call all the shots as far as the gory details of CIS's rules and policies are concerned, even if he were interested, which is itself unlikely.)

Third, choosing the president is the right and prerogative of Americans, and they do so based on their individual choices. To think that Americans would choose a president based of the feelings and hopes of foreign workers is ridiculous. Dont make the mistake of thinking yourself to be That important!

I hope this puts an end to irerelavent discussions about the election and stick to the purpose of this thread.

Sunkav:

It does not change your receipt date. Receipt date will be always when DOL received it from SWA.

Take good care of yourself and your heartburn becoz it won't help to get yopur LC move faster.

Cheers
PB

sunkav said:
Pinkubenu, when u got the NOF and after ur attorney sent the response does the receipt date change? i.e. if a case filed in federal labor on 01/2004 gets NOFd on 05/2004, resonse is sent on 06/2004...would the receipt date move from 01/2004 to 06/2004????
I am in a mess, my case was part of the Pilot program and moved to central processing group, NOFd on Dec 2003, response was sent on 01/2004..and my attorney does not know the receipt date, they have no clue if the NOF was at state or federal level as the now deceased CPG was processing both state and federal cases!!!!! This process is creating so much of heart burn that I would live longer outside the United States ;-(
Pinkubenu & rest of the gurus any information would be highly appreciated..
thanks in advance..

Hi Pinkubenu,

Thanks for the response, my attorney said that they would follow up with DOl on receipt date..
Rgds,
Sunkav.
pinkubenu said:
Sunkav:

It does not change your receipt date. Receipt date will be always when DOL received it from SWA.

Take good care of yourself and your heartburn becoz it won't help to get yopur LC move faster.

Cheers
PB

Hi sunkav,

What is your DOL Receipt date/Category/NOF Issued Date/NOF Issue Reply Date?

Thanks

AwardMyGC

sunkav said:
Hi Pinkubenu,

Thanks for the response, my attorney said that they would follow up with DOl on receipt date..
Rgds,
Sunkav.

Question for BEC analyst?

LC Applicants,

If anyone calling BEC analyst's to find out, what's going on with them?
Please do ask them, what dol receipt date ranges they are going to
send out letters?

Thanks in Advance

AwardMyGC

Any Updates on BRC/BEC?

Tomshu, Akela or Anybody,

I know it's too early to pop this question. Do you guys have any new updates on BRC/BEC? When you guys call them next time,

*. What dol receipt date ranges they are going to send out letters?
*. Who is the letter recipient? Is it employer/lawyer?
*. How many letters are the planning to send out?
*. Are they issuing new Case number or Tracking number to every application that's been entered into the system?
*. If they do assign a new number, how can we track cases not vexing them (in other words are they setting up an automated tracking system)?
*. Endow with some ballpark of, how many LC applications from Philly DOL is being processed in their system?

If anyone has questions, please feel free to add it to this stack.

Best Regards

AwardMyGC

Change employer

Hello gurus, My LC was transfered to Philly regional DOL in March 2004 from Virginia after nearly 2 years. I have just got another employment offfer, and the new employer says they can process my LC through Massachusetts sooner. Should I go ahead and change my employer and start all over again with my LC process ? Is it advisable to do so at this stage ? Thanks for any inputs.