Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi june2002_labor,
I am glad yours is on AVM. Thanks for letting me know. I will try to call over the weekend and see.
I will update the spread sheet once it is there on the system.

Originally posted by june2002_labor
Hi VA_GC9,

I checked the status in AVM by calling, it states that my case is received on april8th.

Try to check it out today, you should be able to find your case.

Re: Certified - Updated Tracker

Congrats LSSD, ur case is very similar to mine, hoping for the best...

Originally posted by lssd
Case finally got certified - heard it on AVM - not from the lawyer. Updated Tracker.
Philly SWA: 10/29/2001
Philly DOL Recd: 4/21/03
NOF Issued: 10/28/03
Responded to NOF: 1/6/04
CERTIFIED : 4/19/04

It took 904 days to complete this marathon. Hopefully the next steps are not this long.

LSSD

The next step after LC certification is filing of I-140 and I-485 concurrently but when does one apply for EAD. Can that be applied right after LC certification and how long does that take in Vermont Service Center.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can apply for EAD along with 140/485. It takes approximately 90 days to get your EAD from VSC (NB: As you already know, processing times vary greatly).

Re: Certified - Updated Tracker

Hi Lssd:

Congratulations !!!!!

My case is similar to you. I hoping to hear something good for me.

Wish you very best !!!!

Pinkubenu

Originally posted by lssd
Case finally got certified - heard it on AVM - not from the lawyer. Updated Tracker.
Philly SWA: 10/29/2001
Philly DOL Recd: 4/21/03
NOF Issued: 10/28/03
Responded to NOF: 1/6/04
CERTIFIED : 4/19/04

It took 904 days to complete this marathon. Hopefully the next steps are not this long.

LSSD

updated tracker

with lssd's info...I noticed that lssd had entered his info earlier but it was lost because an outdated tracker was used. Please use the most current tracker in the thread to avoid losing data.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi june2002_labor,
I gave a call to Philly DOL AVM and searched by Employer phone number. It gave me all the cases but mine was not there yet. VA SESA forwarded it on Apr 14th. I may have to wait for couple more days.

Hi Labourpain01,
Have you checked your case on AVM yet??

Thanks.

I was reading some old posts on this forum and it seems that the DOT codes have some affect on processing times. Does anyone know the DOT code for Civil Engineers and are these cases processed any faster/slower than other cases (computer etc.)

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

DE update

A bunch of cases including my case from my Co. have been remanded with the now infamous query as to why our applcations were filed from DE where as the head qtrs. is in a different location. Co. and Attorney have no clue how to substantiate the filing and we are in a limbo.

I left a decent job to get into independent consulting in this market because my earlier application was also screwed by Co. Attorney in CA where it was converted to nonRIR. Now after almost 18 months this is the situation here!

I have been successful so far, to find projects with a decent billing rate, and would appreciate if some one can point me to any sources who have pre-approved labors.

Also, any updates from the guys who replied to such queries esp. if you can provide details!

Thanks,

Originally posted by saro28
Guys any update on delware cases?

Re: Re: Certified - Updated Tracker

Hi Lssd/Pinkubenu,

Did u guys read the latest on concurrent 140/485 filing in murthy.com?

Originally posted by pinkubenu
Hi Lssd:

Congratulations !!!!!

My case is similar to you. I hoping to hear something good for me.

Wish you very best !!!!

Pinkubenu

To Pradk....

PradK,

Me, exactly in same situation, as if your message were posted by me.

I am almost at expiration of 6th year. Luckily, when I applied for Delaware, I also applied from NJ as a precaution. So I am ok but waiting again.

I tried for pre-approved labors. Problem is, most of them ask for hefty billing split. Even then, those labors are not exact fit. They simply lie. PLEASE BECAREFUL when you pursue this.

There is separate message thread for those who seeking pre-approved labors. READ THIS BEFORE YOU AHEAD:

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123495

On the other hand, DOL manual item #656.2 clearly says, "........ should be filed with local employment service office serving your area where THE ALIEN PROPOSES TO BE EMPLOYED..."

I faxed this copy to my employer and waiting for reply.
I understand that our employers are good at splitting billing rates but not at dedication for us, not even 10%.

Sorry to here your case, but please keep me posted.

Go to Sulekha.com and post your ad.

Also, you can wait for PERM.

Re: To Pradk....

GCMystery,

Apreciate your reply. I think we should explore these options further.

Believe me, I discussed exactly the same point with my employer last night. If the GC application is for a future job, why should be the current job type and location concern DOL. Let them approve the GC and we will work in DE!

And, you are correct about the pre-approved labor (scams) so I am not too hasty to act on that without gathering all the data! Saigc did a great job summarizing the issues in the thread you quoted!

Backup in my case is my wife's application (in ATL federal labor now), but I just want to be on the cautious side since we know better than ever how uncertain (and ridiculous) the process is!

-PradK

Originally posted by GCMystery
PradK,

Me, exactly in same situation, as if your message were posted by me.

I am almost at expiration of 6th year. Luckily, when I applied for Delaware, I also applied from NJ as a precaution. So I am ok but waiting again.

I tried for pre-approved labors. Problem is, most of them ask for hefty billing split. Even then, those labors are not exact fit. They simply lie. PLEASE BECAREFUL when you pursue this.

There is separate message thread for those who seeking pre-approved labors. READ THIS BEFORE YOU AHEAD:

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123495

On the other hand, DOL manual item #656.2 clearly says, "........ should be filed with local employment service office serving your area where THE ALIEN PROPOSES TO BE EMPLOYED..."

I faxed this copy to my employer and waiting for reply.
I understand that our employers are good at splitting billing rates but not at dedication for us, not even 10%.

Sorry to here your case, but please keep me posted.

Go to Sulekha.com and post your ad.

Also, you can wait for PERM.

mail

Hi Guys,
Has anyone of you tried sending the mail to get the case status recently. When I sent a mail to lcstatus03@doleta.gov I am getting the following failure delivery message.

Message from yahoo.com.
Unable to deliver message to the following address(es).

<lcstatus03@doleta.gov>:
Sorry, I wasn't able to establish an SMTP connection. (#4.4.1)
I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long.

I am sending with Employer Phone (xxx) xxx-xxxxx format in body of the mail.

is there any other format? Has anybody got the reply recently, please let us know.

Thanks.

I applied LC from DE in May 2003. Now my case is with Philly DOL. My problem is my sponsor company's HQ is in NJ. One of the attorneys advising me to withdraw the case otherwise they can interpret the case of misrepresentation. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Originally posted by vinaya11
I applied LC from DE in May 2003. Now my case is with Philly DOL. My problem is my sponsor company's HQ is in NJ. One of the attorneys advising me to withdraw the case otherwise they can interpret the case of misrepresentation. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Is it a virtual Office your sponsor company is having in Delaware , Or a full fledged one , If the office was opened just to make the GC Process faster, Than better have a back up

Status
Not open for further replies.