Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that Jan 2003 or 2004 ??
Also, anyone have access to the latest excel tracker?

Haven't seen that document in a while.

Does anyone know what has happened to the AVM? I'm trying from the past few days, but the call never goes through.

keep sending e-mails and letters

I posted two letters last week, looks like most of the people are less interested in following up or escalating the issues. We are all paying taxes (and legal residents as per the taxation). People know about our problem only when we speek, just counting days or exchanging our frustration in the forum will not lead to a solution, I strongly urge all of you to followup and send e-mails. Trust me sending letters and faxes to the concerned authorities will really works. Just recollect the amount of lobbying people did in 2000 to change regid h1 policies.

I did request my layer and received a reply stating "the case has completed state agency responsibilities and is currently with a regional certifying officer" !!!! received the reply from INS on 06/01/2004...I was part of a pilot program and case is not part of AVM database :-(...am planning on waiting for a month and then faxing Phily DOL for more details...

GCApply04 said:
Thanks sunkav!

This is just Ludicrous. The backlog and delay in responding to RFE responses is just driving everyone nuts. This might seem a little silly to ask, but have you followed up with your lawyer on this? What did he have to say? I believe people usually wait 2-3 months before calling up DOL after they've responded to their RFEs...your's is well over 5 months now and counting....

Hope they expedite your process after all its long overdue!

Good luck!!

Hi RSIV,

thanks for drafting the letters and making it visible to the rest of the gang...my labor was filed from Virginia & I reside and work in NJ , I am working on modifying the letters so that it reflects my scenario...shall post an update after I send the letters out...

rsiv said:
I posted two letters last week, looks like most of the people are less interested in following up or escalating the issues. We are all paying taxes (and legal residents as per the taxation). People know about our problem only when we speek, just counting days or exchanging our frustration in the forum will not lead to a solution, I strongly urge all of you to followup and send e-mails. Trust me sending letters and faxes to the concerned authorities will really works. Just recollect the amount of lobbying people did in 2000 to change regid h1 policies.

Hi Pinkubenu-

I'm not sure how the DOL differentiates between RIR and Non-RIR cases. I don't think there's any rational explanation on how DOL prioritizes various cases. I think the only thing that we can do is hope that it comes thru and perhaps if possible try and apply for another labor from your co's HQ office.

Good luck to you!

cheers

rsiv said:

I fully agree with rsiv. Please send the letters.. All you need to do is download, print and post. Just go through the letters once and if you want to add/edit something, you can change it before you print it.
Here is the latest list of people who have sent letters to Philly DOL. It does not include letters sent to other officials. (We can start a separate list for that, or append it to this list).

rsiv
laborpain01
jaocanada
Pineapple
sarasari
styrum
AwardMyGC
GC_MD_2001
z002 (sent out)
VALC
sunkav

deep_labor??

Have a Question to Sunkav

Hi Sunkav,
you mentioned in your post that you r not part of AVM database and u r in pilot program. how do you know that.
and also you mentioned your got a reply from INS on 6/1/2004 what is INS ..?? is it DOL-Philly..??

Sunkav and Pineapple,

Thank you, please post the modified letter, it will be useful for other similar cases.

- rsiv

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi GCreq2004,

I did mean DOL...couple of years back when I spoke with a VA SESA state officer he mentioned that my case was selected as part of a simulation study or pilot program and is with an contractual agency..the latest response that the atty received from DOL is as below..

"Your case was previously selected as part of a simulation study conducted by the National Office within the Foreign Labor certification program. As you may know, the team conducting the study has been referred to as the Centralized Processing Group and is made up of federal and contractor staff. That contract ended on dec 31, 2003, and the residual workload was absorbed by the National Office staff.. They are preparing cases in various staged of processing for transmittal to the appropriate region or state which has jurisdiction in the area of intended employement.

This is to inform you that the application has completed the state agency formalities and has been forwarded to the regional certifying officer for further review. If you have further questions please contact the Philedelphia regional office. This would not affect your priority date."

This was as of May 6'th 2004 :-( This response was from US DOL, ETA, 200 Constitutional Ave N.W. Washington, D.C. 20210.

gcreq2004 said:
Hi Sunkav,
you mentioned in your post that you r not part of AVM database and u r in pilot program. how do you know that.
and also you mentioned your got a reply from INS on 6/1/2004 what is INS ..?? is it DOL-Philly..??

Hi RSIV,

is there a means of knowing who the VA representatives are?
as my employer is based out of VA I would like to address these letters to them...
rsiv said:
Hi All,

I am attaching two letters which I sent to MD representatives. There is an e-mail address in each letter, please copy each letter and send to the e-mail address in the letter.

This is another level of escalation, I believe there will be some action initiated in response to our mails..

Thanks,
rsiv

Important

Guys/Gals
I am new to this portal. I was just reading and found that the Fed DOLS are no longer receiving Labor Apps as they are after around April going to be completely processed in the respective states. That is why this anamolie is there. My source of info is the Atlanta Fed DOL.
Thanks,
Nosh

I am still waiting for the source. I found about in while browsing the last 5-6 postings in this portals ATLANTA REGIONAL TRACKER.

noshs

I started to wonder after reading your update. I have a feeling you may have mis-interpreted or may have been badly informed.

Here's all I could find elsewhere that referred to any processing out of Atlanta. You'll notice it refers to PERM being processed out of Atlanta. For now though, I suspect no work is being done anywhere (that implies there was work done otherwise hmmm... :rolleyes: ) anyway - it looks like Backlog reduction centers will (or should already have) been initiated in Philly and Dallas, I think it says...

Here's what I am referring to:
The backlog reduction centers to process regular LC and RIR cases pending all across the U.S. will be set up in Philadelphia and Dallas. These two centers are expected to be implemented and operational before PERM starts. PERM will be processed at two centers located in Atlanta and Chicago with jurisdiction over cases for the entire U.S.
©MurthyDotCom
At this point, Mr. Carlson expects that the backlog centers will first handle cases from the Philadelphia and Dallas regions. After PERM is implemented, these backlog centers will also receive regular LC and RIR cases from the Atlanta and Chicago regions. Once case backlogs of these regions have been addressed, other regions will be phased into having their cases processed at these two national backlog centers.
©MurthyDotCom
The DOL is hoping that the backlog centers to process regular LC and RIR cases will only be needed for about two years. This timeframe, however, will depend in part upon how many pending cases are converted to PERM and how many other cases will be withdrawn by employers. The backlog reduction centers will remain open until all non-PERM cases are adjudicated. Backlog reduction centers may try to target occupations where there are generally approvals or where there is one common employer, but there is no cohesive procedure in place yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.