Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When are the backlog centers due to begin

I get a sense from all I read is that the backlog reduction centers will be started withing 120 days of the OMB review being completed which could mean as late as Nov 2004 if we assume that the review will be completed in July.
Is this a correct assumption or am I missing something especially in the context of the directors for these centers are being hired already.

Sameer

Sameer

I am quite certain that the backlog reduction centers will be put in place before PERM is put in place. PERM will be a maximum of 120 days after OMB etc etc etc etc...

Before could mean months before or even a day before. It may not mean anything either... but you're right that they're hiring for it (so it seems) -
It probably also means no one is really working on this stuff... "Let the contractors we'll hire do all the work and we'll delegate/manage" mentality...
I suspect we're all aware of that one...

btw: my namesake looks good in the 2nd part :cool:
spidey

There is no way this thread is going to die...Lots of people have filed from the States falling under Philly Regional DOL. People seem to be just taking a break and waiitng to hear some better news....(more LC approvals from Philly OR publishing of PERM regulations in the Federal Register) :rolleyes:

Lack of new posts is probably the result of despondency. We have'nt seen any approvals for months now.
I'm convinced that all processing has stopped as a result of the 'backlog reduction' drama being played out. Ever since they came up with the bright idea of opening a backlog reduction center, processing has stopped in every federal jurisdiction. (Check other threads). Things would have been much better off if they had not bothered with 'backlog reduction' and continued to work the same way last year.
New dates will be published next week. I''m willing to bet there would be zero change. Any takers?

I am surprised, how the government is paying them if they are not doing any work for the past 6 months (or is it greater than that) , at least phily guys should be ashamed of themselves for taking the salaries for doing nothing

Govt. employees usually have a laid back life with lots of paid holidays...Note that it is very hard to fire a govt. employee unless they have an extremely strong reason to do so.

Is there anything to discuss now ?

I have been in MD labor from Jul 2001....and has been patiently waiting till it went to phily in Nov, 2003...I thought I am done and will get my labor in 3 months but it stuck again there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So to tell you the truth, I still look forward to it but not anymore enthusiastic as I used to be till 2003....Lost interest in whole process....

No Expectations now...Just hope to get it one day ...............

This entire process is ridiculous....They don't understand the mental angony, suffering and anxiety we go through while waiting for the damn LC approval...

LC status

Hi everyone:

The va SESA curently reached January 23, 2003 as per the latest update by our good friend mvinays. I called my attorney he did not received anything from va SESA. I checked Philly office (215) 8615286, entered my case mumber , the system replies "your case not found"

Does anyone has any idea how long it will take to reach Philly.

Thanks

orissa

Hi orissa,
VEC case number is not same as Philly DOL's case number. After VA SESA forwards your case to Philly, they will assign a new case number at Philly DOL.
Note that VEC case number won't work on Philly's AVM.

I called the following VEC phone number last Friday to get the updated processing dates:
804-236-2717

You may want to call them at the above phone number and give them your VEC case number to get an update on your case. Refrain from mentioning that you are the benefeciary because they may refuse to give you the details.....technically, the laywer or employer are supposed to call VEC to get an update on case status.

Good luck!

Hi Orissa,
It usually takes 10-15 days to hear your case on AVM once your case is sent from VA sesa, Did you find out whether your case is cleared at VA Sesa

LC Delay

jhonny said:
Hi Orissa,
It usually takes 10-15 days to hear your case on AVM once your case is sent from VA sesa, Did you find out whether your case is cleared at VA Sesa

Hi Jhonny:
I jus called VEC, the gengtle man was so nice and humble. what he said, we send RFE to your lawyer on june 23, and waiting for a reply regarding your non-RIR LC application. I feel like I screwed up again, and it will delay the process again some more month or may be year who knows.

Thanks

orissa

LC Delay

It may not be that bad. I had the same thing from VA. They sent an inquiry letter to my attorney. Once my attorney submitted what they requested. It took about a month to reach Philly. The total delay time was only a month. My case has been with Philly since April.

orissa said:
Hi Jhonny:
I jus called VEC, the gengtle man was so nice and humble. what he said, we send RFE to your lawyer on june 23, and waiting for a reply regarding your non-RIR LC application. I feel like I screwed up again, and it will delay the process again some more month or may be year who knows.

Thanks

orissa

Regarding RFE

Thanks VAhoper:

Thank you for your post, I was really upset about that. My attorney not available in offcice since two days now. And moreover I have not received anything from him yet. Keeping finger cross, lets see.

Thank you

orissa,
It is vacation time these days...Your attorney may have taken a independence day summer vacation. You may be able to talk to him about your RFE soon (maybe next week).

Hey Orissa, Do not worry man, the moment your attorney replies, your case will be transferred to Phily, it will be matter of days. My friend had an RFE and the attorney replied very fast, and i think it was very next day or day after that, his file was moved to Philly , Just talk to your Attorney

what's there to say...

Like many of the other respondents its difficult to contribute to the thread when there has been no perceptible movement. I checked various of the the trackers including online and the excel sheet we have on this forum...next to nothing approved. The DOLETA website....little or no movement.

I participated in submitting the letters to DOL that was suggested recently and have had no reply. Accordingly what can we say. If we constructively complain here, other members get upset and ask us to be more positive, so most of us say nothing, signing in each day in the vain hope that some approvals will begin to be reported.

I have to agree with other posters that all we can do until there are more approvals/RFE's is sit and watch. Good luck and strength to all those who are members of this chapter of the GC club.

Chin's up and good luck.

Stuart

Here's a bright new theory:

Ever since this thread was started 10 months ago, processing has stopped... so maybe thie thread is to be blamed! We should start a new thread on the same subject!

Just joking guys... its FRIDAY finally!!! :D

But still, its true is'nt it? ;) .. maybe that tells us something about the pitfalls of cooking up new theories based on statistics and co-relation. (Applicable to the 10 billion or so 'theories of processing' floating around in other threads related to 140/485 processing :) )

hang in there

How about sending a copy of our letters to Mr. and Mrs. Clintons. 245(i) is Clinton's policy which screwed up our lives.

Also I am hearing another theory, that the current government do not want any new GC approvals which are employment based. The reason is, once GC is approved your data will go in to employment records and impact the um-employment statistics ..... Which is main driving force in this year elections. So... I think Clintons will be able to help us

Status
Not open for further replies.