Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

Guys,

I got my OL today 03.22.08 and my Oath is on the 03.26.08 @ 11am @ the Callowhill office. I got my letter 12 days after my interview, which was on 03.14.08

My dad who had his interview on 02.20.08 is still waiting for his OL.

From what it seems, it looks like Philly has an oath ceremony every wednesday? I remember someone posting last week saying there oath was on 03.19.08.

Anyone else from this forum going to be at the ceremony on 03.26.08?

Congrats dekagunda

Hello dekagunda

Just curious, did your Dad get his OL. My spouse and myself did our interview on the same day i.e. March 14 and I did my oath on March 26. But my spouse has yet not received his OL. Should we get an infopass to inquire about it?

Thanks

I had my interview on March 14th and I gave my oath on March 26th.

My dad's interview was on Feb 20th and we are still waiting for his oath letter.

I think you should wait since it has only been less then 2 weeks. Infopass is probably just going to tell you to wait, since the timeframe is usually 2 weeks to 3 months. I called the 800 number for my dad yesterday and they said they could only open up an inquiry if its been 90 days since interview.

So, basically its a a waiting game, i guess we got lucky with they 12 days from interview oath. Where you in the 11am ceremony or earlier? I was at the 11am ceremony.

I also know of a couple here in Delaware that had their interview before my dad's interview and one of them got their oath letter while the other is still waiting...

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at the 11am ceremony. Thanks for the quick response. So it does seem that infopass will not be helpful at this time. Shall keep the forum posted of any new developments.

I'm thinking it will be not helpful at the time. But if you really want to give it a shot, it doesn't hurt. If you are close to Philly and time is not an issue then go ahead and try it.

I was at the 11am ceremony. Thanks for the quick response. So it does seem that infopass will not be helpful at this time. Shall keep the forum posted of any new developments.

jewelrai, can you please share your N400 process timeline?

Thanks.

RN

First the good news. My spouse's OL came in yesterday and it is for April 2, 2008

Our timelines are as under.
Mailed: 04/29/2007
PD: 05/02/2007
FP: 06/14/2007
Interview: 03/14/2008
Oath(mine): 03/26/2008
Spouse: 04/02/2008

Best of luck to all.

Finally, the new processing date is out: 5/10/2007 for Philadelphia.

Still, mine is 3/15/2007 and I still haven't got my interview letter. Called USCIS this morning and the agent I talk to was so rude and ignorant. She just said she can file an inquiry for me, but most likely it will just say they are still waiting for name check and I should wait another 6 month before inquiry again. And then she said, if it's FBI doing the name check, I should just call FBI and ask them about it instead of calling USCIS. I told them FBI will not answer my inquiries, only the inquiring agency. She doesn't believe me and ask me for the website. Gave her the web address, she read it and basically said, "So?"-probably a true fan of Dick Chaney. And then she said there is no way USCIS will ask FBI to expediate the name check, it will only be used if there is social security benefits involved. And she know people whose name check lasted 2-3 years, so mine is not that bad. I asked to speak to her supervisor, and she said OK, put me on hold, 2 minutes later, just hang up:( Had to call again and get another agent, but too upset and wore out to go through the whole Q&A, so just go with the inquiry. Standard stuff I guess, she said she will file an inquire request, I will get some response in 45 days.

Just setup another infopass appointment for next week; maybe they have more information. I am seriously considering the law suits right now. Even though it's not as useful as before, just don't want to sit here and be all helpless...

BTW, has anyone actually get through FBI on the name check status? From their website, seems like all you can do is the privacy act check, which I did and just shows no record.

And then she said there is no way USCIS will ask FBI to expediate the name check, it will only be used if there is social security benefits involved.

Hi au071,

Can you please explain what is meant by the underlined portion above? I hope your name check gets done soon!

Thanks.

RN

I don't know what that means either; it's what she says. And from some of her other responses, I don't think she knows what she's talking about.

If I have to guess, it means they will only request FBI to expediate the name check if the delay of citizenship will affect the applicant's social security benefits or something related to it.

Requested UCSIC inquiry on my case couple weeks ago since my priority date is 3/15/07 and still haven't received an interview letter. Got the response letter yesterday, complete BS, basically just saying it's under FBI background check and they can not do anything until that's done. The FBI background check request was submitted 3/26/07, more than 13 months ago. It further states that I should wait another 6 month before contacting INS again.

This is really upsetting. I guess the only option now is the law suit. Got my civil pro se package from the federal court. Probably will check the ACLU's class action first and see if it's the same.

Any other Phillies have good/not so good news recently?

I'm in the same boat, au071. Will probably file WOM pro se in a month or so, depending on how much free time I'll have. Work keeps me very busy lately...

Experience at Infopass

Hi All,

About couple of weeks ago, I had Infopass appt. I cannot see my case online and thought of getting an update. It turns out that IO did not have any clue, where to look for the case. She told me that there is no info about my case at all on their DB. I became nervous, and she asked me to come back in 6 months. Then I asked her, if she cld tell me where my case was, whether in Philly or Vermont. She asked me if Philly DO cases were sent to Vermont? I mean don't they know that? Anyways, there was another IO, almost ready to leave the office, so she started conversing with us, and then told the IO(the one who was talking to me) that she was not looking at the right place. She immediately took my A number, found my case, and told me that my name check has been completed and the file was in Vermont.
Later last week, I called the 800 number, the second level of support guy said the same thing as the second IO, but told me that file is now in Philly DO. I dont know when the interview wld be (my PD is Nov 20, 2007) but just thought of sharing my experiences with you.

Thanks,
Akapoor

Hi All,

About couple of weeks ago, I had Infopass appt. I cannot see my case online and thought of getting an update. It turns out that IO did not have any clue, where to look for the case. She told me that there is no info about my case at all on their DB. I became nervous, and she asked me to come back in 6 months. Then I asked her, if she cld tell me where my case was, whether in Philly or Vermont. She asked me if Philly DO cases were sent to Vermont? I mean don't they know that? Anyways, there was another IO, almost ready to leave the office, so she started conversing with us, and then told the IO(the one who was talking to me) that she was not looking at the right place. She immediately took my A number, found my case, and told me that my name check has been completed and the file was in Vermont.
Later last week, I called the 800 number, the second level of support guy said the same thing as the second IO, but told me that file is now in Philly DO. I dont know when the interview wld be (my PD is Nov 20, 2007) but just thought of sharing my experiences with you.

Thanks,
Akapoor

Vermont is the service center whereas Philly is the district office. Your case gets transfered from the service center to district office for interview. So right now your case is in queue for an interview. Hold tight, you should be getting your interview letter soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

Thanks,
Akapoor

akapoor: Please do let us know of any developments in your case. All the best.

Thanks.

Update?

Sure, Will do. So far no news from them. My case never appeared online. So, expect for calling them and finding any update, I have no other choice. Anyone, who PD is in Nov 2007? Any updates please?

Thanks,
Akapoor