Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

Congrats.
As Dekagunda says, March people are really getting screwed these days. But it's nice the agent actually opened an inquiry for Dek, the ones I talked to won't open it for me until the priority date hits 4/14/2007.
Got my FBI FAISO request back yesterday, no record. So frustrating that this check takes less than 10 days for me; yet the name check started on 3/26/2007 and they still haven't done anything.
Wrote to the congressman in my district today, hopefully they can give me some help on the matter.

I don't understand what's going on with initiating the inquiries... I didn't have any problem submitting an inquiry for my own case a month ago. Tried even before that, but the rep said that computer rejects it when she was entering it, so she gave me the exact date that computer would accept the inquiry. Even today, when I called to check on my spouse's status, the rep volunteered to check my case, saw the inquiry and did some research (I didn't even ask them to do it).

But it completly opposite for my spouse's case. They just simply reject any attempts to submit an inquiry for her case. And god knows, I've tried to call them 20-25 times... Makes me wonder why two N-400 cases submitted on the same date to the same Vermont Service Center are so different in the eyes of the reps?

My bitching and crying about my IL has finally been paid off...Just came from my mailbox and I got my friggin IL. Its on 03/14/08 @ 9:20AM at the Philly DO.

albertr and au071 I hope you guys have your letter today also. It was mailed yesterday from the Philly DO and not the VSC.

Congrats, dekagunda! Looks like I'm here for a long haul - stuck in the namecheck... Glad you got your IL finally!

I'm trying to write nice request letters and petitions to different goverment entities. I'm doing this mostly to document my efforts to get response and action on my case. If nothing happens, I'll be prepared to file a lawsuit when my application is pending for 18 months.

Lawsuit...

Albertr - I thought you couldn't file a lawsuit now that they are not scheduling interviews before namecheck is cleared... Any comments?

Congratulations!

No such luck for me yet. Since I was told on my infopass on 2/25 that my file is still at Vermont center waiting for the name check, I doubted I will get the letter this soon.

Still waiting for the congressman in my district, faxed his office plea letters couple days ago, haven't heard anything back. (Actually, faxed the the wrong district congressman in the beginning and they called right away and point me to the correct one. But the correct one haven't send any response yet, probably will check after a week or so).

On that topic, seems like only congressmen states that they will help federal agency issues; senators usually states they help with state government issues. What's people's experience on that? Who else do you contact for these matters?

My bitching and crying about my IL has finally been paid off...Just came from my mailbox and I got my friggin IL. Its on 03/14/08 @ 9:20AM at the Philly DO.

albertr and au071 I hope you guys have your letter today also. It was mailed yesterday from the Philly DO and not the VSC.

Hi DocyBear, any reason why you scheduled an InfoPass so early in the process? Most people seem to do it only after the wait starts getting painful...

Thanks.

Important question urgent please reply

Hi everyone,
I missed my fingerprint appointment for N400 naturilzation. My appointment was 2/21/08. what can I do? Do i have to start over?

Hi DocyBear, any reason why you scheduled an InfoPass so early in the process? Most people seem to do it only after the wait starts getting painful...

Thanks.

oh my school's at Atlanta and I just want to take the opportunity to check on if there is any update when I visit home during the spring break. Since I couldn't get any info on the internet case status or NCSC representative, this is the only way. Although come to think about it I should ask my attorney to do it, :D hahaha I will leave him alone for now :p

But if I missed this one the next time I will get a chance will be in June. Also, I just hope my short short 4 letters full name will sail through the name check process. (I wonder if 4 letter is the shortest u can ever get for a full name) :confused:

Any particular reason that I should not go??? :eek::confused::D

I would appreciate your advice!

Nothing really. I was just curious, since the InfoPass seems almost right after your FP. I wasn't really thinking of any reason to not do an InfoPass.
Good luck.

Not really, as I remember, you can get your finger print done pretty much any time after the appointment date, check the letter.

Hi everyone,
I missed my fingerprint appointment for N400 naturilzation. My appointment was 2/21/08. what can I do? Do i have to start over?

Our Interview Experience

We both attended the interview y'day and here is the summary.

For my wife the appointment was for 10:45 and she was called in 11:20. Her Officer was very nice and went thru the paper pretty fast. He just asked her the green card and then handed over the questionnaires to her. She has to write the answers in the sheet. She got all of them correct and came out within 5 minutes of time.

My appointment was for 11:00 am but I had to wait almost 2 hrs before they called me in. I got a lady officer and she went thru all my papers and has to make some changes in my file (Travel outside US, address changes and an employer changes after filing N400) - She asked my driving licensure, passport and green card. Interview letter also stated to bring selective service letter (even though I didn't have to register with them) but she didn't ask and therefore I didn't give it. While she was going thru the papers she started asking questions from N400 and later came to civic/US history questions. She stopped after 6 questions as I got all of them correct. I was also asked to read and write 2 simple sentences. I passed the interview and then I requested her to make the oath same date for both of us for which she agreed. That's all about it and overall it was good and now waiting game begins for the oath letter. I would say mine took about 20 minutes or so.

Those who have interested about the questions... here it is...

Color of stripe, Voting age, Countries were enemies during WW2, Capital of PA,
Where is Whitehouse located and Who has the power to declare war

Good luck to all of you guys ...

Hi Mallu123, congratulations on your inteveiws!

Can you please let us know how many applicants there were (just approx) for their Naturalization interview on the day you had yours? Just want to get some idea of how busy things are/were.

All the best for your oath letter!

Thanks and regards.