Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

Had my interview at Philly on 2/15/2008(Friday)..Appointment was at 9:00AM..There were few people ahead of me..Called me around 10:00AM..After taking the initial oath officer handed over me the test paper with 10 questions..Officer asked for my green card, picture id and passport..While answering the questions officer started asking questions related to my N-400 application form..After verifying my test paper officer confirmed that I've cleared my test and then asked me whether I have any intention of changing my name after obtaining citizenship..After confirming that I will not change my name, officer asked me to sign on the photographs that I've attached along with my N-400 form..At the end officer handovered me a form which confirmed that I've cleared my interview and officers recommendation for my application's approval..I was told by the officer that there is one scheduled oath in March and one in April at Wilmington Delaware..Depending on occupancy I will be called for one of those..Now I'm waiting for my oath letter..

PD: 05/27/2007
FP : 06/05/2007 at Dover
IL recd: 02/11/2008
IL date: 02/15/2008
Oath: ???????????

takshila1, congrats!

Looks like they are starting working again... let's hope we see more IL issued now...

N 400 Philadelphia DO
Application Sent - 02/04/08
Notice Received - 02/16/08
FP ND - 02/16/08
FP APPT- 02/28/08
IL ND date:
Interview date:
Oath ND:
Oath date:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are we so slow at Philly?? Seems there aren't many ppl from Philly here but Philly seems to be congested for N-400 process >.<

April, 10 is the new N-400 processing date for the Philadelphia DO.

albertr...

now that philadelphia has been updated to april 10th, we are considered outside of our processing time correct?

I called the other day and the website still said march 17th and the lady said it was still inside the current processing time and had no answers for me.

I'm gonna be calling first thing monday morning for some answers now...

my PD is march 23rd 2007...

this is getting ridiculous now, talked to a few more people who applied after me, as late as septemeber 2007, and they received the IL's and they attended their interviews....and us march people are still stuck...WTF is going on USCIS????

Somehow I don't think the processing time update is up-to-date according to the information flowing around. Some ppl have already gotten their IL even though they filed months later w.r.t the posted timeframe. And project from the way they update the online case status registry I think the timeline are somehow off.

Anyway for Jan 2008 filers like myself I think we can go hibernate hahaha:eek:

Hopefully my short short name wouldn't get caught up in the name check process.

They normally don't let you to file an inquiry untill you're 30 days outside of the current processing time. I was able to convience one of the reps to run an inquiry for me once, but it looks like they bolted it down since then...Good luck!

-albertr

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I will pay Phil DO a visit in mid march during spring break just to inquire my name/background check status. Hopefully my super short and unique name will be my lucky star hahaha

The newest priority date is 4/10/2007.
Just had my infopass appointment, and it was frustrating. My priority date is 3/14/2007 and the officer's first word is: It's not even a year, why are you here. And she then told me they submitted the name check on 3/26/2007 but still haven't heard back from FBI. She keeps on saying there is nothing they can do and overall just doesn't care:( The whole thing only lasted 5 minutes and she's already calling the next person. Now I see why people ends up suing INS/FBI, their inefficiency and attitude is just depressing.

As I wrote before, those people are simply uneducated.
Whilst they have the 16 - 18 month as a "suggested" timeframe, the official goal is 6 to 7 month for now and shorter later. Further, their behavior clearly indicates that any additional workload should be avoided. Thus infopass is at best window dressing.

As one does not even get anything in writing (in most cases), it can't even be used as good evidence in a law suit.

Since the spike occured in July/August of 2007, they should by now have enough man power and procedures in place to handle it and go back to 6 - 7 month processing time.
If not, then what they have done is adding mis-management. They had more then half a year time and all they do is just validating your application - other then that it's just collecting dust.

On a side note, I have to agree that doing infopass after infopass just 3 month after filing won't speed up the process, just add to the congestion of the system.

I wonder what would happen, if you had a Q&A sheet and have her answer that in writing. I know - wishful thinking.

Exactly, since my priority date is 3-4 months ahead of the big rush, I was really hoping to get it processed before they start to process these. It just doesn't make sense, their workflow is so flawed. If the March cases are not processed, why starting to process the April cases. And as you said, the infopass officer(at least the one I saw) is not really an expert in immigration matters. I found the national phone line representative to be much more friendly and knowledgeable. Although they are kind of stuck on the rules as well, telling me that they can't do anything until the posted Philadelphia priority date is 30 days beyond mine. As of 2/15, it is 4/10, so chances are by the time they post it next month, I will be able to ask the national helpline to request an inquiry to the local office. What good it will do, who knows.

The INS agent on the phone also mentioned something like with some new law, if by 3/8/2008 my application is still pending, I should get some letter in writing on what's going on? Anyone knows what's that all about?

Also, has anyone written to PA senator or congressman and got any help? Wonder where I can find a list of pro-immigration senator/congressman in PA.

Well I called again and got the same message talking to a customer service representative saying that my application is still pending and that we received your application on March 23rd, 2007, blah blah blah...same thing as the case status online basically...

But this time the rep started an inquiry about my case and said they would notify withing 45 days to say why my case has been delayed...so thats the only new thing i got out of them this time...so let's see what happens...

Hopefully the IL's were mailed out on Friday and there should be a notice waiting for me when i get home in mailbox....fingers crossed...lol

dekagunda ,

How did you manage to make them to file an inquiry? I was trying to call them multiple times today and they all insisted I should wait until being 30 days outside of the current processing time...

dekagunda ,

How did you manage to make them to file an inquiry? I was trying to call them multiple times today and they all insisted I should wait until being 30 days outside of the current processing time...

I actually didn't do anything, i explained my situation to the rep and he just started asking me questions about myself and then said he would open an inquiry. His name was Oscar, but i didn't take down his ID#.

Oath Letter Received

Hi All

My wife and I just received my oath letter today:). My timelines are as follows:

Philadelphia DO

ND: April 20, 2007
FP: May 10, 2007
ID: February 12, 2008
Oath Letter: February 25, 2008
Oath Ceremony: March 5, 2008 at 1600 Callowhill St

It definately seems like philly is working backwards...

All you April and May guys are lucky already getting your oath letters. Us March people are still waiting for our damn interview letters...

Congrats to you guys though!