Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

Originally posted by Rahul Kumar
I feel your pain:(

Hang in there bud... I firmly believe the system will finally work out even if it screws u with the timing!

Look who is talking? This is the guy who said he would quit everything - just a few days ago.

Yup, true bud, we all feel the pain. It is inevitable. We have to sit tight and encourage each other. What else can we do? Times are always that way. One day up and the very next day down in the dumps.

At least my life is going that way for the last few weeks. I feel depressed and that one of these days I am seeing a monster in the mirror, not worth living like a human being. So much depression for many things going wrong!

I am a bit better today, but not all over yet.

Originally posted by Rahul Kumar
I feel your pain:(

Hang in there bud... I firmly believe the system will finally work out even if it screws u with the timing!

Look who is talking? This is the guy who said he would quit everything - just a few days ago.

Yup, true bud, we all feel the pain. It is inevitable. We have to sit tight and encourage each other. What else can we do? Times are always that way. One day up and the very next day down in the dumps.

At least my life is going that way for the last few weeks. I feel depressed and that one of these days I am seeing a monster in the mirror, not worth living like a human being. So much depression for many things going wrong!

I am a bit better today, but not all over yet.

Originally posted by WouldBeCitizen
Look who is talking? This is the guy who said he would quit everything - just a few days ago..

I never said I would quit. To Quit in this context means to give up hope about getting CZ and pursuing alternate means. Even in my lowest and baddest day, I wont forget the dream that brought my family here in the first place! All I said I would have to move temporarily as it would be unfair to my fiance to stay away (& to my own emotions) and possibly quit my job , as it would be unfair to my employer for me to go on an indefenite leave... I do intend to continue my life back in the US after my Naturalization. You have to compromise on some things to get something else!

WBC, I think as far as the CZ is concerned you have had it good so far. Why do u get depressed ? Im sure your oath is round the corner- just like Philadelphians and my own name check!:)

Love u all
Rahul

I have just heard of a case in Philly with a receipt date early Oct , FP November and interview scheduled for May 7. This is fast for Philly - I wonder if some of the changes the office has made recently has freed up any time.

Phillydude - haven't heard anything from you in ages - any good news?

After repeated faxes and a lot of nagging, I found out today that the FBI did indeed receive my name check request in OCTOBER 2003. They mixed up the order of my names so they could not find me in their system.

So one part of the mystery is solved. I have to figure out how to get it expedited, and even IF i can do it. The lady said that some of these cases take over a year (just for check!)... They do accept requests from the CIS to speed it up i believe.

If if I can convince a senior CIS officer to put in a call to the FBI, I think I have what it takes to win the voters in my district to be elected AssembleyMan or even Congressman:D

Wish me luck guys. I am going the distance on this one. Suggestions welcome

Rahul

I'm sure you've answered this question a million times - is all the delay you are facing right now pre-interview or post-interview?

Thanks!

Ratrat

Originally posted by ratrat
Rahul

I'm sure you've answered this question a million times - is all the delay you are facing right now pre-interview or post-interview?

Thanks!

Ratrat

PRE.

My timeline
PD 8/15/03
FP 10/4/03
Int?
Oath?

Time Line --Another question

Hey Guys,

My local congressman office told me that my name check is about to be done in couple weeks and then will be sent to USCIS...

Any idea how long it takes from the Time FBI clears the name check till it shows in USCIS computer system..

Thanks

Philadelphian

How do you know that your name check will be completed in a "couple of weeks" ? Its either completed or in progress. Are they estimating the time now ? You have been waiting for over a year, maybe your case is "aging out"... In my opinion, after the checks are done, they CIS immediatly has the results. they will periodically check cases pending with them and see what oath to schedule etc. i guess after the checks are done u shld have ur CZ in under 2 months - MY GUESS

Name check again

My congressman office told me that it is in progress but they expect to be done with it in two weeks...

Any way, assuming that they will send it in two weeks , how long it will take to show in CIS system...

The reason for my question becuase I heard that CIS gets the information on a CD and it takes them some time to update their system..

The long waiting time after the oath suggests the same...

Philadelphian

Re: Name check again

Originally posted by philadelphian
[BThe reason for my question becuase I heard that CIS gets the information on a CD and it takes them some time to update their system..
[/B]

I heard it was thru secure wire. I think its more likely than a CD! But cant be sure

Interview date

I am still overseas but I got an email from my attorney about 3 weeks back that my interview is on 7th June.

I will be back in a few days and give an update.

Interview letter

The subject for the letter is:

Request for Applicant to Appear for Naturalization Initial Interview.

Is that the case for everyone?

FYI
PD: 7/31/03
FP: 9/14/03
Interview letter dated: 4/1/04
Interview date: 7th June 04

Last edited by a moderator:
phillydude said:
The subject for the letter is:

Request for Applicant to Appear for Naturalization Initial Interview.

Is that the case for everyone?

Phillydude - I am in Dallas...and I have the same wording on my interview letter as well. I believe they call it Initial interview since Oath is the final interview in the citizenship process. Best Regards.

Welcome back Phillydude and congratulations! Interesting that you received your interview letter approx 9 weeks prior to interview. Another forum had a recent poster who rec'd his about 3 weeks prior. Also that poster applied in Oct - about 3 weeks before me. If he posts his interview experience, I'll re-post it here. Did your on-line status change or disappear?

I'm hoping to receive interview letter prior to June 30 as we are moving within the district - we also have a lawyer involved so hopefully they are contacted as well like your case.