Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

Originally posted by GeorgeF
Just out of curiosity what was it before?
San Jose was Dec 12, 2002, now it's Oct 17, 2002. Good job, INS! Pretty soon you will get to process those 1999 cases

Do you know what he meant by that? I vaguely remember some applications where misplaced from 1999 and that was only in San Jose district office.

I also recall some applications being lost during a move. I can't recall which office except I know it did not relate to our areas. I am also disappointed in the new processing dates - although I think we know we can't rely on these. I have been even more disappointed to see the real Philly cases that seem to be taking at least a year. I'm the eternal optomist so I keep hoping things will speed up. I am also wondering about some of these extra name checks that seem to take place even after the interview. My husband (who is the one going through this process) is Canadian (so am I). I am curious to see if this will make any difference in the name checking timeframe.

So far the only break we get as Canadians is relative ease is visiting each other - which I don't take lightly. I hope that you all in our Philly thread have been able to spend time with your loved ones.

Originally posted by phillydude
Do you know what he meant by that? I vaguely remember some applications where misplaced from 1999 and that was only in San Jose district office.

Well, in November, they were processing cases as of Dec 12, 2002. One month later they are processing cases dated Oct 17,2002.

Then you have the stories about people applying at the same time, some of which are lready citizens while others didn't even get the interview.

What is next? Well, next they will post on their web site that they are processing cases as of July 2002, then March 2001, then December 1999.....

Oh yeah, and then there is the story of about 15,000 (?) N-400 apps found in a filing cabinet somewhere by the fed. auditor back in the late 90's.... and ....
... I wrote something here but deleted it later.... it's not worth it...

Moved to VT

I have taken an apt and moved to VT. Plan to sublet my apt @ philly till the lease runs out.

Filed my change of address forms/AR11/Called the customer service# & updated them.

I hope there are no delays due to my moving. Can only pray!:rolleyes:

I will still be eagarly participating in Phila related discussions...
:D

Regards
Rahul

Last edited by a moderator:
Merry Xmas and Happy New Year

Dear All,

Wish you and your familes a very merry Xmas and a very prosperous and healthy 2004.

May all our applications go through quickly and may we all
be blessed to spend the holidays with family!

Great work everyone, keep it up..

Regards,
Rahul

Got my change of Address Notication

Got it within 2 weeks of calling the Customer Service Hotline...

Now i'm in a Queue , waiting for my interview! :) Hopefully
it does not take too many more months!

Re: N400

Originally posted by philadelphian
Hi Guys,

Any idea about the Time line for N400 in Philly
My dates are as follows

Priority Date 02/14/03
Finger Print 04/18/03

Please share

Thanks

Philadelphian,
Any news? Keep us posted.

Thanks.

Good Morning Guys

I am sorry for the delay but I didn`t access Philly thread in a while..
Some time in December I got the interview notice...
The interview was yesterday...
Everything went fine , the officer was great...
Unfortunately , he told me that I have to wait for FBI Name check...

Any idea how long this might take...

Thanks

Philadelphian

Thank you for posting. From what I have seen, oath is scheduled approximatley one month after interview in Philly District.

So interview is 10 months from the day you applied for Philadelphia...

Originally posted by philadelphian
But I heared that the FBI name check takes almost 6-12 months from the interview
Not true. From what I understand files get 'misplaced' in temp folders in these cases. Normally, FBI cleares it in 48 hours unless you have a very common name.
Remember, there were people from San Antonio in this forum that got the whole process completed in 3 months (how could that happen if FBI name check took 6-12 Months ?)

PD,

Does the name check take 48 hrs or FP take 48 hrs ? Pls clarify..

I thought the name checks take a month atleast.... I may be wrong

Our new processing dates are out as of Jan 16. They say they are working on cases from Nov 14/02.

Security Check

Hi Guys,

I had my Citizinship interview in the first week of Jan. 04..
The officer told me that my application will be pending security check...
Is this check is different from the FP i did before...
Also, when this security check did strart ? Day of application,! day of interview!..
Also, is this check is the same as the one done with the I-751...
becuase I got my i-751 approved on 2003 and it was pending security check also...

Thanks

got Oath Letter

Received Oath Letter and scheduled for Feb 18th.

Here are the details
Applied Late Jan 2003
Finger Printed Late March2003
Interview Letter in Early November 2003
Interview Dec 16th 2003.
Oath Feb 18th 2004

With My wife, she didnt receive her oath letter.(Even though we appied together, finger printed together, interviewed together... I meant same day). Any ideas ???

Also, I was very curious to ask Rahul about, why you moved to VT ? Is it because of N-400 process or something else ? If so what was the urgency to get citizenship ( was curious, you dont have to answer if you prefer to ).