Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

Hey Phillydude...I am still lurking around but no updates (sigh) Any word yet on your oath?
I have just moved (still in Bucks County) and so far have not put in a change of address. I am concerned that this may cause a delay. We have mail being forwarded and we used a lawyer so hopefully we will hear soon. I am also set up for e-mail notification but don't have faith in that as yet. Our PD is 10/16 so I believe we should get the interview notice soon. It is funny that some people get a few months notice (like you) and others a few weeks.

I made inquiry through my congressman and was told to sit tight for couple more weeks. File is complete but waiting for oath to be scheduled.

Any one in Pennsylvania going through Phili office with any updates
App Submitted March
FPed June

Its nice to hear if folks ahead are continuing to move through the process!!

Finally an update! - lawyer rec'd interview notice for Sept 21/04 -our PD is Oct 16/03. Really hope we will get the oath before elections (wonder if there will be any last minute push on these towards the end of Oct)

We moved recently within the same DO. I decided not to put through the address change until after the interview notice was rec'd. I do have my mail being forwarded. Our lawyer rec'd the notice - we have not as yet.

We plan to now file the address change.

Rahul Kumar said:
Is there anyone else with PA updates ? just curious..

phillydude: got oath?
jancdn: anything happening?

No news yet. This sux, the K3 dates are not moving either. What's happening, everybody on vacation or just plain slacking?

Jancdn: Can you post if you receive an interview letter in mail addressed to you. A friend of mine who checked with post office was told they will forward all mail. I am not sure if that is true though!!!

Desi - will do - to date, it seems that my forwarded mail is running about a week behind the regular mail. The lawyer rec'd the notice early last week and I assume our notice would be sent out the same day they sent it to the lawyer.

InfoPass

Now available at ....

• Buffalo District
• Dallas District
• Los Angeles District
• Miami District
• New York City District
• Newark District
• Philadelphia District

You can make an appointment online to speak with an officer....

No I still have not rec'd anything at the new address. The rest of my mail was forwarded and I believe the new owners of my old address would have called me if any official looking mail was sent there (as they called on another item). The procedure when using a lawyer is notices are to be to both. I have heard of cases where a notices is only sent to one or the other - wonder if this is the case here.

Thanks so much for responding! I was under impression that you had applied to pos. office to forward mail. I know if you don't, they still deliver letters to old address. So, whenever they come around sending it you may still get it...

We will move to another house in locality and was wondering whether just mail forwarding at PO will take care of the interview letter if and when it arrives in a year or two....All the best...

Yes I did apply to PO to forward mail and it does seem to be working. However, I have not rec'd the interview notice at new home address (sorry if that wasn't clear). I am not sure if PO did not forward or BCIS only sent out a notice to our lawyer - which is not proper procedure but has been known to happen. (I also mentioned that our homebuyer called me on another piece of mail not forwarded because it included a different name so I can be pretty sure the notice did not end up at my old address)

My decision to not inform BCIS about the address change was because of the close timing. We applied in Oct '03 and based on the current timelines (and our friend Phillydude), I expected our interview notice to come during June - our move was July 1. I was concerned that if the address change went in prior to the mailing of the notice we may experience a delay at the DO. If the timing was not this tight I wouldn't hesitate to put in the change.

Desi...one more thing...around the same time we were waiting for a tax refund. The IRS told us that the PO will NOT forward mail from the IRS (due to a concern about refunds going to the wrong address) This got me concerned that maybe the PO would not forward mail from other government branches (probably just my paranoia)

My advice would be to get your address change in if you are moving in the next little while. And....think positive....your notice will come in much sooner than a year or two - I bet you see it before the end of the year.

jancdn said:
Desi...one more thing...around the same time we were waiting for a tax refund. The IRS told us that the PO will NOT forward mail from the IRS (due to a concern about refunds going to the wrong address) This got me concerned that maybe the PO would not forward mail from other government branches (probably just my paranoia)

My advice would be to get your address change in if you are moving in the next little while. And....think positive....your notice will come in much sooner than a year or two - I bet you see it before the end of the year.

You are paranoid. USPS does not make decisions on whether or not to forward mail based on who the mail comes from. USPS does not even know if the mail is coming from IRS or your local Church. Most big mail processing centers (which is mostly every city in USA) use mail processing machines. Those machines look read the "Sent to" address by parsing the envelope prints from bottom-up. They also look for standard words like "Do not forward". If you look at IRS refund envelopes, it is printed "Do not forward" by IRS. USPS is doing what is instructed by the sender. USPS does not make decisions based on Sender. Relax, and live happy.

----------------------------
Vote Bush '04

paranoid or not!

Jancdn: Thanks!! We move next month and will apply for address change with USPS . I am not in great hurry but screw ups are always possible and if one could minimize issues with app procedure it could surely help...cheers!!!

Desi - You should also file your AR 11 (believe this is this right form number) and call the customer service number per the BCIS instructions.

For the PO, I used their online service to change address and have mail forwarded. It costs $1 to do this but very convenient.