Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

phillydude said:
I got a letter from my congressman's office that my oath is scheduled on 21st Oct. :) :)

Okay i just read this... philly dude... ur comple tetimeline...???

pd?
fp?
id?
od? thanx

pd? Aug 6th 03
fp? Sept 17th 03
id? June 7th 04
od? Oct 21st 04 (not received letter from USCIS, but congressman has confirmed)

phillydude said:
pd? Aug 6th 03
fp? Sept 17th 03
id? June 7th 04
od? Oct 21st 04 (not received letter from USCIS, but congressman has confirmed)

Oh great!!!

congratulations. i am sure now u will get letter in couple of days.

Philydude.....what great news!!!!!! I am so happy for you! Y'know I have been watching you everyday for almost a year now so I think I may be as excited as you (almost).

Got my letter today, need to report at 8:15 am on the 21st. Interestingly, the letter was mailed from Vermont!

Here is an update in my case... Almost there!!!

This is what I will be adding to my timeline...

Sent a fax to Philadelphia USCIS office to follow up and remind of the invitation to the Oath Ceremony October 12, 2004
Received a phone call 30 minutes after
Scheduled for the Oath Ceremony on November 03, 2004

Yes, yes, yes!!! I have finally been scheduled for the Oath Ceremony!!! Rahul, thanks, man! Would have still be waiting if not for your post with your name check experience!

Bbyaka said:
This is what I will be adding to my timeline...

Sent a fax to Philadelphia USCIS office to follow up and remind of the invitation to the Oath Ceremony October 12, 2004
Received a phone call 30 minutes after
Scheduled for the Oath Ceremony on November 03, 2004

Yes, yes, yes!!! I have finally been scheduled for the Oath Ceremony!!! Rahul, thanks, man! Would have still be waiting if not for your post with your name check experience!

Congratulations!!

I did not understand what you meant by:

Last edited by a moderator:
All I meant was that I wanted to know whether there was anything else I could do to expedite my naturalization process and when I should expect to receive the invitation to the Oath Ceremony. In reality I just wanted to remind them that I am keeping my eye on the ball and that I am no longer willing to sit and wait for them to get to my case... It seems to have worked :D

Bbyaka said:
All I meant was that I wanted to know whether there was anything else I could do to expedite my naturalization process and when I should expect to receive the invitation to the Oath Ceremony. In reality I just wanted to remind them that I am keeping my eye on the ball and that I am no longer willing to sit and wait for them to get to my case... It seems to have worked :D

Actually, I knew my oath had to be in a court. SO I called the court and got the schedule. Then sent 3 faxes to District Director to see if he could get in scheduled for Oct. It worked in my case too!!

I Guess, you need to be aggressive. :D

All Done!!!

There were 108 applicants from 34 countries. Arrived at the district court (6th and Market) at 8:15 am as mentioned on the letter. After passing through metal detectors we were led into the court room. Our names were then called ( 3 at a time), GC and the signed letters were collected and we were made to sign our Naturalization certificate. The certificate, however, were taken back and told that they will be given after the oath. It took almost 2 hours to finish this and after a few minutes break the Judge walked in. She spoke for about 5 minutes welcoming us and then we were administered the oath. We had an attorney from Philadelphia Bar Association as a guest, who spoke for another 10 minutes. There was also another speech by an applicant, who was previously chosen to speak on our behalf. We then had a parade of flags by National society of Colonial Dames. After this court was adjourned and certificates were handed out. We also had refreshment as we stepped out of the court room - courtesy National society of Colonial Dames. When all said and done it was 11:30 AM. Later that afternoon, applied for passport and filed I 130.

Last edited by a moderator:
phillydude said:
All done!!!

PD,
Looking at your timeline, it seems you cleared the name check long time ago. So what was the reason for the delay in your being called for the interview and the subsequent delay in you being called for oath?
I am just curious. I am sure I can find out if I go thru your old postings but if you do not mind, would you mind writing about it one more time?

Thanks
Mahesh

maheshgajanan said:
PD,
Looking at your timeline, it seems you cleared the name check long time ago. So what was the reason for the delay in your being called for the interview and the subsequent delay in you being called for oath?
I am just curious. I am sure I can find out if I go thru your old postings but if you do not mind, would you mind writing about it one more time?

Thanks
Mahesh

Name change. When a name change is requested oath ceremonies are to be held in District Courts. They have limited seats and most of the courts only administer oath once a month. So, I had to wait for my turn...