Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

pv001 said:
We (my wife and I) had our interview on July 8, 2005. Both of us "passed" the interview and the officer said that we would be notified regarding the oath ceremony. As of today (August 25, 2005) we have not heard anything. Apparently, some folks who were interviewed after us have already received the invitation to the oath ceremony (next scheduled on September 1, 2005). We live in Delaware, I don't know if that makes a differrence. When I called the USCIS office in Philly yesterday, they indicated that some more letters have been sent out early this week for the next scheduled ceremony. They would not discuss my specific case over the phone. I am keeping my fingures crossed. It wouldn't have matterred much, other than we are planning to visit India in October.

Time line: Applied Nov 2004; Notice Dec. 8, 2004; Finger Print I think in December 2004 ( I am sorry, I don't have my papers with me right now), Interview on July 8, 2005.

Anyone with similar experience?

Thanks.

PV.

PV001,

Have you got your oath ceremony yet? I just found out my case is very similar like yours, but I still didn't receive interview letter until now.

Good luck to you.

how's your case now?

sundaysun said:
Hi sir,

I think I am having the same pain as your wife. I got one interview letter on 04/2004 then I got another descheduled letter a month later. Then my N-400 application has been pending for over 2 years and no any response from USCIS.

I wonder how your wife's case is going now? Do you have any update? I would like to know so we can share information each other.

Good luck to you and your familiy.
Thanks

Hi Sundaysun,

Any progress in your case? Do you have interview set up again or still waiting for it?

Wish we will all past this painful process soon.

any update for DO philly

Can anyone update if you receive IV letter recently and what's your timeline?

My timeline:
PD:11/2004
FP:01/2005
still waiting for IV letter?
Went to Infopass appt., and told my name is still under background checking so they can't set up interview.

Any more information from Philly, anybody ? How much time is it taking nowadays for straightforward cases from application to oath ?

Thanks

blister1889 said:
Any more information from Philly, anybody ? How much time is it taking nowadays for straightforward cases from application to oath ?

Thanks

Hi Blister1889,

Can you post your timeline? I think I had straightforward case too, N-400 based on 5 years GC.

Thanks.

kunqimei said:
PV001,

Have you got your oath ceremony yet? I just found out my case is very similar like yours, but I still didn't receive interview letter until now.

Good luck to you.

I am sorry. I just saw your post. We took our oath on October 6, 2005 in Wilmington, Delaware. There is another thread wherein I have provided the details. Please check it. Let me know if you need anything else.

Good Luck!

PV001.

I have not yet applied, but will do so soon. Just wanted to know how things are going on in the Philly region....

My timeline:
Application received by USCIS: 08/18/2004
FP taken: 09/07/2004
Interview passed: 04/22/2005
Oath ceremony requested in a small setting, taken 09/08/2005
in Wilmington, DE court house

My husband's timeline
Application received by USCIS: 08/18/2004
FP taken: 09/07/2004
Interview scheduled and cancelled: 05/04/2005
Interview scheduled and passed: 10/17/2005
FBI name check cleared: 11/10/2005
USCIS claiming background checks are pending: as of now

today is 12/27/2005

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not want it to be on a stadium with a thousand smth other people, so I requested a smaller ceremony. One can do it if he/she wishes so.
Vicmac said:
zarazara,

What do you mean by 'Oath requested in a small setting'?

Thanks
Vicmac

Vicmac said:
Thanks for your reply zarazara, can you tell how do you request that with CIS.
QUOTE]

I just asked it at the interview and the interviewer made a note in the file, I think that you can also request that through the InfoPass appointment. Good luck

Here goes....

Hey everyone.....

Well, I just sent in my application - they received my application on Jan 9th. I will keep updating things as they move along, so that others applying in the Philly area will have an idea of the timeline. Good luck to everyone!

Vicmac said:
Anybody got the Oath letter for Philly office after Oct interview?

Regards
Vicmac

Nope, interview Oct 17th, name check cleared Nov 17th, no Oath letter.
I am a very mellow person but I really hate them now :mad: