Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

Getting ready to file a lawsuit

Hello,

My wife applied 2 years ago for N-400 and still waiting for her interview/written test. I am getting sick of waiting. Getting ready to file a lawsuit. Anyone know a good lawyer in Philly who has done this type of case in the past.

Any help will be welcome.

Thanks

sphinx2000 said:
zaraza,
How you get to know your name check is cleared on that specific day?
Senator's office help confirmed with USCIS that they completed background check on 11/17/2005, therefore I asked the senator's office to request a written confirmation on that from CIS because our written requests to the interviewing immigration officer came answered "background checks pending", which is contradicting the information CIS is giving to the senator's office. They promised to send us the written confirmation (a week ago), we are still waiting.

My Phila Timeline (2004-2005)

Receipt Dt : 09/15/2004
Biometrics : 12/21/2004
Interview (Name change Requested) : 06/09/2005
Oath : 07/14/2005

Last edited by a moderator:
malu_69 said:
Receipt Dt : 09/15/2004
Biometrics : 12/21/2004
Interview (Name change Requested) : 06/09/2005
Oath : 07/14/2005

Thanks for your post.

My PD is two month after you, but I still didn't get interview due to background checking.

PD 11/2004
FD 01/2005
?????

after interview: what ?

All,
I have my interview on Feb 16 2006 in Philly.

Shall i expect same day oath or will i be called for another day?

If i do not get oath on the same day then Is there any way of knowing when the oath will be scheduled for me as i wanted to plan an overseas trip between my interview and oath. But i am not sure if there will be sufficient time between the interview and oath.
Any thoughts...

Thanks.

guy_in_philly said:
All,
I have my interview on Feb 16 2006 in Philly.

Shall i expect same day oath or will i be called for another day?

Thanks.
No way it is going to happen, I had mine 4.5 mnth after the interview and my name check has been completed by the interview time. Philly is not practicing the same day oath. And there is no way to tell when it is going to happen, but you can certainly ask your interviewing officer when the Oath ceremonies are scheduled in the near future.

There is one ceremony in March for Philly DO, maybe the officer can tell you if you can make it to that one.

Regards

Vicmac said:
There is one ceremony in March for Philly DO, maybe the officer can tell you if you can make it to that one.

Regards
Vicmac,
Do you know when in March?
BTW, did you get your Oath letter?
Best regards.

My friend had an interview last week and he was told that there is one scheduled in Mar but did not say the date.Philly has this huge event of 2500 people for oath in the convention center usually. I think they wait till they can get so many people and then have the ceremony.
I did not receive my Oath letter yet.

Regards

Vicmac- When was your interview?

When was your interview?

How should i prepare for my interview, please advice.

What should i take ? According to the interview letter i need to take my passport, GC and photo identification for the interview. Do you suggest something else - like photo, marriage certificate (i got gc 5+ years ago on my spouse's application) .

Vicmac said:
My friend had an interview last week and he was told that there is one scheduled in Mar but did not say the date.Philly has this huge event of 2500 people for oath in the convention center usually. I think they wait till they can get so many people and then have the ceremony.
I did not receive my Oath letter yet.

Regards

guy_in_philly said:
When was your interview?

How should i prepare for my interview, please advice.

What should i take ? According to the interview letter i need to take my passport, GC and photo identification for the interview. Do you suggest something else - like photo, marriage certificate (i got gc 5+ years ago on my spouse's application) .

I had my interview in October, I took all the stuff related to the process but I think they only need passport,GC and drivers licence. Interview lasted less tha 10 minutes.

Regards

jerzeedesi said:
Hey everyone.....

Well, I just sent in my application - they received my application on Jan 9th. I will keep updating things as they move along, so that others applying in the Philly area will have an idea of the timeline. Good luck to everyone!

I'm back!! Well, I heard from the USCIS a couple of weeks ago, letting me know that they've received my application, and that they'll be "contacting me shortly". Just received a letter yesterday saying my FP is scheduled for Feb 23. So far, the timeline is.....

Priority date: 09 Jan 2006
FP date: 23 Feb 2006 (6.5 weeks)

any updates?

Does any body received Oath letter? I got interviewed and passed on November. Still waiting for oath letter.

real_eng said:
Does any body received Oath letter? I got interviewed and passed on November. Still waiting for oath letter.
Nope, interviewed in October, still waiting.
There might be a huge ceremony in the Convention Center at the end of March (read a few posts above) so the suggestion is that CIS is going to send a "huge" number of Oath letters at once somewhat a month prior to it.

good news

I just talked to an officer, he told me I have been scheduled on 3/29 ceremony. The letter will mail out several weeks before the ceremony. So just wait.

I have not yet received my FP letter . RD is Jan 4. I see some people ( like Jerdesee ) who have received their FP appointment even though their RD is after me.

Is this all random ?