Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Sorry I mean only the visa numbers

Sorry I mean only the visa numbers are unavailable. I read it in a hurry as category is unavailable. It will be available again in October 2006.

Hi All,

Can H4 apply GC thru employment?

My husband is on H4 now and he has used up his 6 years H1B limit. There is a company willing to apply GC for him. Can H4 apply GC? Please advise. Thanks.

Vagcwaiting
PD 7/28/03
LC approval: waiting

VAGCwaiting said:
Hi All,

My husband is on H4 now and he has used up his 6 years H1B limit. There is a company willing to apply GC for him. Can H4 apply GC? Please advise. Thanks.

Vagcwaiting
PD 7/28/03
-----
I think so, but he cannot wok on h4 or till he gets his GC.
His company can file GC for him, but are they ok with the fact that he cannot work for them till he gets his GC? or is he planning to get on H1?

I am assuming, that you have a pending labo app, that's how your husband got extensions on h4.

If LC is denied, does one have to leave immediately?

What happens if one is already in H1B 7th year or beyond extension and the LC is denied?
Does he/she have to leave immediately or can he/she stay until the current H1B extension expires?
What options does he/she have to continue to stay (if any)?
Thanks!

VAGCwaiting said:
Hi All,

Vagcwaiting
PD 7/28/03

Yes he can file for a labor certification and then go on with the rest of the process. The green card in employment based category is for future employment.

He will not be able to work though until his LC is approved, his I140 is approved and he files for I485 and EAD. Once EAD is approved he will be able to work.

MDW

gc1_wait said:
What happens if one is already in H1B 7th year or beyond extension and the LC is denied?
Does he/she have to leave immediately or can he/she stay until the current H1B extension expires?
What options does he/she have to continue to stay (if any)?
Thanks!

No you don't have to leave right away. You can work till you have H1.
Infact you can apply for new PERM, get 140 and start getting 3 years extension if everything goes smoothly.

Thanks

Thanks

GC_Lover said:
No you don't have to leave right away. You can work till you have H1.
Infact you can apply for new PERM, get 140 and start getting 3 years extension if everything goes smoothly.

Thanks

Thanks a lot.

senqumar said:
This means no EB2 category for India alone? This is very bad to hear from DOL. They are completely biased.

http://www.murthy.com/nflash/nf_071706.html

The U.S. Department of State (DOS) released the August 2006 Visa Bulletin earlier today (July 17, 2006). The Visa Bulletin contains a significant change affecting employment-based, second preference (EB2) cases for nationals of India. As of August 1, 2006, the visa numbers for EB2 for persons chargeable to India will become unavailable. This means that as of August 1st, persons in this category cannot file their I-485 cases for adjustment of status within the United States, nor proceed with consular processing to obtain the immigrant visa abroad, no matter what their priority date. It also means that those with pending I-485s or consular processing cases cannot move forward to approval after July 31, 2006 until the priority dates become available again for that particular individual or family. The movement of priority dates is expected to change once more immigrant visa numbers are released and become available starting October 1, 2006 or soon thereafter. October marks the beginning of the 2007 fiscal year (FY).

Infamous PBEC, There is no end to their excuses

Since my priority date is October 2002 (NY), and I have seen many approvals for past 2 months around my timeframe, I decided to make my HR call the 202 number to find out the status (June 20, 06) of my case. I received a screenshot on June 23 for my 9th year extension where it showed that all the fields (Occp. Code, Title) are filled. I received my 45 day letter in late December and both my Employer and Attorney responded to the letter separately via fax and Fedex. Since all the field were filled as compared to screenshot from March, I assumed my case is progressing in right direction. So I decided to call the 202 number and was able to get through a representative who mentioned that my case is being reviewed by analyst, PBEC is reviewing cases around my priority date blah…… So I was a bit relieved because they spoke to me since I am the employee and the case is heading in the right direction.

On July 10, my HR decided to call to find out the Status of my case based on the request I made to her on June 20. She informed me yesterday that PBEC closed my case because PBEC mentioned that in the 45 day letter my employer wanted to withdraw the case. My HR reiterated to PBEC that it’s a mistake as they wanted to continue with the case. PBEC advised her to send a letter to reopen the case. She sent the letter with the original signed 45 day letter from January via Fed Ex on July 10 and followed up with them yesterday (Jul 17) to make sure whether they received the letter. PBEC mentioned that we have wait a month before they will acknowledge the receipt of the letter.

I am a bit confused! How can they say an employer withdrew the case when both the Attorney and Employer separately responded to the 45 day letter saying they want to continue with the case? If Employer did withdrew the case, why would they complete all fields in the Screen Shot? Even the rep. from PBEC I spoke to, did not mention anything about the withdrawal? I am getting frustrated with this process.

Gurus, please guide me. Would the letter from the employer be sufficient? Any other suggestion.

One thing I am sure about is Workers in Dallas welcome talent and workers in Philly BEC are racis...t.

For below reasons:
NOF's only from PBEC
Slow work only from PBEC
Denials only from PBEC after 5 years of wait.

Now PBEC even did not sent screenshot?

I tried to get an updated screenshot by 7yhr h1b email yesterday. Today I got an email like that
==================================================
This is in response to your inquiry on your pending application for Foreign Labor Employment Certification.

DEAR REQUESTER,

The subject case has been received by the Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center and is currently awaiting further review by a Backlog Elimination Center analyst. If you need additional information, please visit the following Internet website:

http;//atlas.doleta.gov/foreign/faqs.asp

To obtain general information regarding transfer times, please visit the following Internet website:

http;//www. workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

To obtain general information regarding the PERM system, please visit the following Internet website below, or use the e-mail address provided:

http;//www.plc.doleta.gov

OR PERM>DFLC@dol.gov

If you are requesting status on your case, please refer to our case status line:

(484) 270-1568

There is no need to submit multiple requests. If you have not already received one, the next notices that you will receive from this office will be a 45-Day Letter and a Continuation Option letter.

If you are requesting a 7th year extension to an H-1B visa, please send an e-mail to:

H1b7yr@phi.dflc.us

Your patience is appreciated.

DFLC Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center

U.S. Department of Labor

Division of Foreign Labor Certification

Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center

sometimes they do that...send one more email and you should get the status. I have got such replies, I just ignored it and send new email and I got my status. It was in June though, not sure if anything changed...

I am not sure about ur PD, I got an email reply this morning. Ofcourse nothing changed in any of the feilds. Matches with the screen shot i got two months back.

May be ur case is really with an analyst for final review :). Hope for the best.

labour approved

After a prolonged wait finally some light at the end of tunnel.
PD: 11/22/2002
EB3/GA
45-Day : Feb-06

It seems PBEC picked up the pace finally!!!! Thank you all this forum help me a lot.

avala said:
After a prolonged wait finally some light at the end of tunnel.
PD: 11/22/2002
EB3/GA
45-Day : Feb-06

It seems PBEC picked up the pace finally!!!! Thank you all this forum help me a lot.

Congratulations !!!
It's your lucky day, finally out of PBEC mess. Good luck for future steps.

My Labor is approved!

Hi People,

Finally, I am fortunate to get out of this mess! My attorney sent an email saying my labor is approved.

GCMD0203, can you please tell me specific reasons to file I-140 and I-485 (?!?!?) before end of July ? I think the retrogressed date for filing I-485 is April 1, 2001, right ? Then how can avala file it in July ?

ALL THE BEST FOLKS!

EB3/RIR/PA
PD: Jan 09 2003
Regional: Aug 2003
45/day letter: Jan 2005

GCMD0203 said:
Congratulations! avala,

Make sure youfile your 140 and 485 before end of July. Good luck for the future steps

First, Congratulations!!!

Second, I think, GCMD0203 was under impression that avala's labor was EB2.
[But only GCMD0203 can confirm that why he said so :) ]

Good Luck.

NoMoreSilence said:
Hi People,

Finally, I am fortunate to get out of this mess! My attorney sent an email saying my labor is approved.

GCMD0203, can you please tell me specific reasons to file I-140 and I-485 (?!?!?) before end of July ? I think the retrogressed date for filing I-485 is April 1, 2001, right ? Then how can avala file it in July ?

ALL THE BEST FOLKS!

EB3/RIR/PA

NoMoreSilence said:
Hi People,

ALL THE BEST FOLKS!

EB3/RIR/PA

Can you tell me first 5 digits of your P-XXXXX number?