Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

I am also waiting. CA - RIR - EB2.
My PD is Aug 2002 , RD June 2003.
45 day letter received and replied in March 2005.

sacbee said:
It looks like PBEC haven't touched Aug 02 cases .
My PD 08/02/02, CA/RIR/EB2 ,source region, RD 06/03. Still no news!!!!!

MannyD said:
The current scenario is that the House of Reps and the Senate have passed two diametrically opposite bills. The next steps - reconciliation between these two bills, passing the reconciled bill in both HR and Senate, then President signs it. The Senate bill includes a manager's amendment by Sen. Spectre for the 485 eligibility you write about - this amendment is considered as though the Senate passed it. So it will be included and considered in the reconciliation effort (conference). These steps can take anytime between 3 to 9 months. The general feeling is that this will finish only after the Nov election. However Bush will want to get this off the table ASAP and if Bush pushes harder then we may see it before the election. With the emphasis on relief to illegal immigrants, I'm afraid many of the provisions for legal immigrants may be omitted as part of a compromise at the conference.... I hope my fears are misplaced.

Manny ..thx for the response,

While it is a relief just to hear that a little drop is taken care about legal's like us.after taking the pain to add all these points in the discussion you think they will be stripped off during the reconcilliation stage...?

I guess this is the only hope for beings like me belonging to the EB3 category..To make these happen,no doubt IV needs a lot of support, without them these points wud not have even appeared in the talks in Capitol Hill until now..!!

PBEC in power

saknia said:
We all can collectively contact Rajiv for help. We need to pay him for this service. I think attorney is our Best bet instead of writing to senators,calling PBEC etc

Guys post your opinions

Guys,

We have tried all possible ways to beat PBEC to improve their processing efficiency. A lawsuit was filed against them and was dismissed in their favor. Letter writing campaigns also did not jolt them as well. Even calling Assistant Secretary DeRocco could not help either.

As a staff (Mark Gorbman) from Division of Foreign Labor Certification (DC office) pointed out, his department could not tell PBEC how things should be run and even if they wanted to they have no power to do so. It seems like Steven Stefanko has full power on how to run the PBEC and unfortunately, he is not approachable.

Even the second man of Division of Foreign Labor Certification (George Sherphard) has warned me that letter campaigns would hamper the adjudication as there would be too many inquiries on individual files and it would only slow the process.

As for my case, I have approached my state senators and Senator Specter for help. Thinking that I would have leverage from congressional inquiries instead, PBEC is punishing me for making too many complaints/inquiries on them. Look at what they are doing to my file. First they claimed to have sent the NOF in January and we did not received it. When we actually received it and rebutted it, we still have not gotten any news until today.

Bottom line is that nothing works and God knows what is happening behind the scene. PBEC seems to have very powerful backing from someone very influential. They are untouchable. It is very scary and stressful. GOOD luck guys and will keep you posted if I hear anything.

aycy
NJ EB2 RIR
PD June 25'02
45 day received Sept '05
Replied 45 day letter Oct'05
NOF issued on Feb 24'06
NOF rebutted March 28'06
Status??????????????????? :mad:

DOCSIS said:
rs_nyuser:

In my opinion, it is worth NOT withdrawing your Mar 2003 application.

Best case:
As of now we have seen latest approvals dated Nov 2002.
Anticipating the continuation of this trend, you MIGHT get your LC in another 3/4 months. [I am just guessing widly, so no-offense to anyone.]
By then PD for filing 485 might move and become current for you.

Worst case (WC):
wait...wait...wait...
So to beat the WC, you are thinking of applying thru PERM.
You said, you are over your 6-year limit, so you got to be very careful while withdrawing your old case and applying PERM to get the old PD. A very very good attorney should handle this so that everything goes smoothly. Otherwise there is a huge risk involved as you need this PD to get your H1 Extentions.

These are just some thoughts.
If they do not make sense, just ignore.

Good luck!!!
But I wish you get your LC soon. :)

Thanks DOCSIS.

Still waiting for 45 Day letter

Hello all
I am still waiting for the 45 day letter.
Do you guys think that I should get in touch with any one as I have not received the 45 day letter yet?
Case details as follows
ETA Case Number P-05140-xxxxx
Processing Type- RIR
CRD- 02/28/2003
PD- 02/28/2003
Case Source - State
PBEC
All gurus your response is highly appreciated

aycy said:
Guys,

We have tried all possible ways to beat PBEC to improve their processing efficiency. A lawsuit was filed against them and was dismissed in their favor. Letter writing campaigns also did not jolt them as well. Even calling Assistant Secretary DeRocco could not help either.

As a staff (Mark Gorbman) from Division of Foreign Labor Certification (DC office) pointed out, his department could not tell PBEC how things should be run and even if they wanted to they have no power to do so. It seems like Steven Stefanko has full power on how to run the PBEC and unfortunately, he is not approachable.

Even the second man of Division of Foreign Labor Certification (George Sherphard) has warned me that letter campaigns would hamper the adjudication as there would be too many inquiries on individual files and it would only slow the process.

As for my case, I have approached my state senators and Senator Specter for help. Thinking that I would have leverage from congressional inquiries instead, PBEC is punishing me for making too many complaints/inquiries on them. Look at what they are doing to my file. First they claimed to have sent the NOF in January and we did not received it. When we actually received it and rebutted it, we still have not gotten any news until today.

Bottom line is that nothing works and God knows what is happening behind the scene. PBEC seems to have very powerful backing from someone very influential. They are untouchable. It is very scary and stressful. GOOD luck guys and will keep you posted if I hear anything.

aycy
NJ EB2 RIR
PD June 25'02
45 day received Sept '05
Replied 45 day letter Oct'05
NOF issued on Feb 24'06
NOF rebutted March 28'06
Status??????????????????? :mad:

What we are suggesting is a collectively enquiry on behalf of all of us through an Attorney . This way we are not sending individula letters which does not have any vlaue

We need to ask this option in the Next Conference call with Rajiv. Iam not sure when is the Next call. Alaternatively we can call his offcie and speak to him

NJPD022003 said:
Hello all
I am still waiting for the 45 day letter.
Do you guys think that I should get in touch with any one as I have not received the 45 day letter yet?
Case details as follows
ETA Case Number P-05140-xxxxx
Processing Type- RIR
CRD- 02/28/2003
PD- 02/28/2003
Case Source - State
PBEC
All gurus your response is highly appreciated

when was the last time you saw your case as a 'T' and when did it change to a 'P'..if it is more than 3 weeks of change to a 'P',run the racetrack to chase PBEC for your 45 day letter..!!

StressTestInUSA said:
when was the last time you saw your case as a 'T' and when did it change to a 'P'..if it is more than 3 weeks of change to a 'P',run the racetrack to chase PBEC for your 45 day letter..!!

Thank you for taking time for responding, this forum is great, after reading this forum I send the first request for Screen shot was sent on 1/23/2006 and I did get a response immediately with the case number starting with T. Then again after referring to the forum, to check if the case has changed from T to P I send another request on 05/19/2006 and got a response on 5/22/2006. This one showed that the case number starting with P, so I am not sure when this change might have happened. I guess I will double check with my company/attorney (not that helpful) to find if they did receive anything. Is there a number that I could call to find out if they have already sent a 45 day letter? I called PBEC and was transferred to a voice mail.

I support

saknia:

I support you.

saknia said:
We all can collectively contact Rajiv for help. We need to pay him for this service. I think attorney is our Best bet instead of writing to senators,calling PBEC etc

Guys post your opinions

Another possibility is to file a new PERM (without impacting the existing labor), but with 2006 PD. New PERM processing is faster than 'conversion' PERM. If retrogression is removed, use this for I-485 filing.

Choice is yours.

DOCSIS said:
rs_nyuser:

In my opinion, it is worth NOT withdrawing your Mar 2003 application.

Best case:
As of now we have seen latest approvals dated Nov 2002.
Anticipating the continuation of this trend, you MIGHT get your LC in another 3/4 months. [I am just guessing widly, so no-offense to anyone.]
By then PD for filing 485 might move and become current for you.

Worst case (WC):
wait...wait...wait...
So to beat the WC, you are thinking of applying thru PERM.
You said, you are over your 6-year limit, so you got to be very careful while withdrawing your old case and applying PERM to get the old PD. A very very good attorney should handle this so that everything goes smoothly. Otherwise there is a huge risk involved as you need this PD to get your H1 Extentions.

These are just some thoughts.
If they do not make sense, just ignore.

Good luck!!!
But I wish you get your LC soon. :)

Waiting Since 2001; Priority November 2001

hi All,

I just found out about this web site and it has been great to me to gather a lot of information.

Sakina i will appreciate if yu can explain something about my case

PD : NOVEMBER 2001.
Case#: P-05011-*****
State : FLORIDA
Type : Traditional , NON RIR
45 Days Letter received somewhere in the middle of 2005

Regards -

2001 Aug PD and still waiting

I did call PBEC and they asked me to fax the case details. I did that and also wrote to senator. I did receive a cc sent to labor dept. requesting the status.

no response yet..but it is frustating man...when I was about to get the labor from Philadelphia they started BEC and it has become an endless wait. ..My lawyer doesnot want to contact PBEC.

Any suggestions - for me except for waiting ?

PD - Aug 2001 MD
RD - Dec 2003
45 day letter - Dec,28 2004
replied - 8 Feb 2005 with supporting docs with company non-existance query in 45 day letter.

waiting_2001 said:
hi All,

I just found out about this web site and it has been great to me to gather a lot of information.

Regards -
What website my friend?????

waiting_2001 said:
hi All,

Regards -

Eventhough your are 2001 your case is Non RIR ( traditional). At present PBEC is doing both RIR and Non RIR . For Non RIR the speed is much slow. However being 2001 ( oldest PD) yours should be taken first when ever they start in full swing on Non RIR. I expect that to happen from July 2006 hopefully.

If you see speed in approval of Non RIR cases and still your case is not taken up then you need to worry more on that

For now I think you have to wait for some more time

Saknia and all gurus,

Based on my signature how long you think it might take to get the LC approved? I know its hard to predict, but just a guess would help me take some decisions.

Thanks in advance,

RC

NJPD022003 said:
Thank you for taking time for responding, this forum is great, after reading this forum I send the first request for Screen shot was sent on 1/23/2006 and I did get a response immediately with the case number starting with T. Then again after referring to the forum, to check if the case has changed from T to P I send another request on 05/19/2006 and got a response on 5/22/2006. This one showed that the case number starting with P, so I am not sure when this change might have happened. I guess I will double check with my company/attorney (not that helpful) to find if they did receive anything. Is there a number that I could call to find out if they have already sent a 45 day letter? I called PBEC and was transferred to a voice mail.

Thats hard to say, when the change took place from a T to a P. But both the employer and the attorney will get a copy of the 45 day letter, So,a tleast you are safe that 1 of them cant miss it.

The PBEC is a mystery,all you can do is, call up PBEC and request them not to put you to a voicemail and that you need to know if a 45 day letter has been dispatched for your case,otherwise you fear it lost in the mail etc..

There is no pattern also for the issuance of these 45 day letters to say that guys after your PD got their letter etc. The whole thing with PBEC is random to the square of random.
good luck

Florida Dec 2003 case

My case is also from Florida:

PD: Dec-16-2003
45-Day Letter: August 17, 2005
Case Number: 05012-xxxxx
EB3 RIR Rest of the World

I have noted in this forum that PBEC is processing cases between Sept-Dec 2002., I suposse that FLORIDA doesn't have too much cases on these dates, Florida might have cases from Jan 2003 (It is my guess due to the fact that when they sent all cases to the BEC's, they were processing June 2003 Atlanta Regional.

PBEC didn't have processed any single case from Florida by today.

We need to pray to get out of this hell hole!!!!

RC0878 said:
Saknia and all gurus,

Based on my signature how long you think it might take to get the LC approved? I know its hard to predict, but just a guess would help me take some decisions.

Thanks in advance,

RC

Hi

This is not a Prediction

PBEC has got now 16 months to process cases from say Dec 2002 - Mar 2005 - 28 Month of OD for all cases ( all cases RIR Non RIR and whatever they have)

On an avergae they have to move 2 months each month to reach that goal

Going by that I would say your case would see light in say 4-6 months time . Sep - Nov 2006 time frame

Hope this helps

FL Labor Approved

Guys,

I just got an email from my Lawyer that my labor has been approved.

EB3 Traditional
PD: 11/13/2002
45 day replied: October 2005

Thanks for all your support and valuable information. Good luck to all of you.

ashokt said:
Guys,

I just got an email from my Lawyer that my labor has been approved.

EB3 Traditional
PD: 11/13/2002
45 day replied: October 2005

Thanks for all your support and valuable information. Good luck to all of you.

The approval claerly shows that PBEC is on a new path . They are proceeding with Cases after Sep 2002 both RIR & Non RIR . They have not bothered about cases before that date ( excpet one or Two approval per month)

People who are before Sep 2002 should come forward and do something now. Otherwise we will end up seeing 2003 approvals and still waiting