Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Aug 2002

saknia said:
Looks like PBEC is having different approach
They have Three Queue for RIR
One after July 2002 - This is moving fast and here they have some kind of FIFO based on 45 Day letter, RD & PD
One for before July 2002 - Struck like hell with no pattern or sign - We are all guessing as to why this has been stopped - Some say EB2 EB3 , Degrees,
Vaction of the Guy, New officers assigned ete etc

It's probably Aug 2002 than July. Many people in my company with PD in Aug 2002 haven't got approval yet, incl my case.

LC Approved

Folks,

After 43 months of long wait, my LC got approved today. I just received the good news from my employer.Good luck to you all. :) :)

Details are here.

State: MD
Case status: EB3,RIR
PD: 11/12/2002
Never reached regional, 45 days letter replied on Dec'05.

Any Inputs

Guys,
My PD is March 2003 RIR EB2. Went to Philly DOL October 2003. 45 days recieved and replied Feb 2005. I am over my 6 year limit. Will it be advisable to file my case under perm, i think we would need to withdraw the old petition and refile under perm to retain the older priority dates. What do you guys suggest. I am little concerned. Any input is appreciated.

Congrats!

Congrats! Hope to see more MD approvals

GVK1 said:
Folks,

After 43 months of long wait, my LC got approved today. I just received the good news from my employer.Good luck to you all. :) :)

Details are here.

GVK1 said:
Folks,

Details are here.

Congrats !! Lucky you.

Did it go to RD ?

Update:
Philly BEC Center

BEC Notification Date (45 day letter): received on 05/26/2006
45 day letter response sent : Working on it...
Labor Status:pending
Priority Date: 02/17/2004
Type (RIR/Non-RIR): RIR
Category : EB3
State (LC filed): NY

GVK1 said:
Folks,

Details are here.

Congrats !! GVK1

It looks like PBEC haven't touched Aug 02 cases .
My PD 08/02/02, CA/RIR/EB2 ,source region, RD 06/03. Still no news!!!!!

MannyD said:
It's probably Aug 2002 than July. Many people in my company with PD in Aug 2002 haven't got approval yet, incl my case.

wait !

rs_nyuser:

In my opinion, it is worth NOT withdrawing your Mar 2003 application.

Best case:
As of now we have seen latest approvals dated Nov 2002.
Anticipating the continuation of this trend, you MIGHT get your LC in another 3/4 months. [I am just guessing widly, so no-offense to anyone.]
By then PD for filing 485 might move and become current for you.

Worst case (WC):
wait...wait...wait...
So to beat the WC, you are thinking of applying thru PERM.
You said, you are over your 6-year limit, so you got to be very careful while withdrawing your old case and applying PERM to get the old PD. A very very good attorney should handle this so that everything goes smoothly. Otherwise there is a huge risk involved as you need this PD to get your H1 Extentions.

These are just some thoughts.
If they do not make sense, just ignore.

Good luck!!!
But I wish you get your LC soon. :)

rs_nyuser said:
Guys,
My PD is March 2003 RIR EB2. Went to Philly DOL October 2003. 45 days recieved and replied Feb 2005. I am over my 6 year limit. Will it be advisable to file my case under perm, i think we would need to withdraw the old petition and refile under perm to retain the older priority dates. What do you guys suggest. I am little concerned. Any input is appreciated.

atyagi73 said:
Congrats !! Lucky you.

Did it go to RD ?

Nope, never reached. We all know about this system. I can understand your frustration. Nothing is in our hands, you will make it very soon, good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Screenshot ?

All,

A little help....I've read of people getting their 'screenshots' with their status- how does one go about getting this screenshot ?
Thanks !

EB2/RIR/VA
PD : Mar 2003
Regional - Sep 2004
45 day letter - Dec 2004

sacbee said:

I am waiting too

PD: August 2nd, 2002
Case Source: Regional ( June 2003)
45 Days Letter : Feb 2005
State: CA

sonu_Aug_2002,

Have you contacted PBEC/attorney?? Please update.

My case # P-04-308-*****, 45 Days Letter : Feb 2005

sonu_Aug_2002 said:
I am waiting too

PD: August 2nd, 2002
Case Source: Regional ( June 2003)
45 Days Letter : Feb 2005
State: CA

sacbee said:

Correct statement would be
PBEC has touched aug 02 but skipped some of the cases… :confused: :confused: It is not only Aug 2002 but July, sept, oct and now continuing with November…December 2002..
So PBEC is moving forward but at the same time they are skipping some cases :mad: :mad: (My understanding is PEBC is skipping 30% cases each month for some unknown reason).
We should try to find out why ? Either from lawyer/HR or calling directly to them…
As per Rajiv we should send inquiry request?
I already had one attempt to findout about abt my case answer was very general..
But if more ppl try then we can make some conclusion…

July 2002, CA still waiting

khogaye said:
Saknia and other folks, what would be appropriate to do to bring PBECs' attention for the cases prior to July2002?????

We all can collectively contact Rajiv for help. We need to pay him for this service. I think attorney is our Best bet instead of writing to senators,calling PBEC etc

Guys post your opinions

Guys..Dont slash me in and out...!!

off the topic in this thread,but what is happening at the Managers Table etc(not sure of the right term which IV team is struggling for) is it possible to file for 485 after labor approval...? of course we will have the 140 stage in between..

Can any veterans post,if this miracle happens,how long will it take for us to see the ray of light in our lives..??!!

sacbee said:
sonu_Aug_2002,

Have you contacted PBEC/attorney?? Please update.

My case # P-04-308-*****, 45 Days Letter : Feb 2005

Hi sacbee,

My case #P-04-307. My lawyer says that they don’t give any information to him either, other than directing to some automatic answering machine. Also, he cautioned me to not give out any detailed information while talking with @PBEC. However, he did not give me any convincing reason for this. I last checked my status in last week of April 2006, by sending email to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US to make sure that all the information case region, priority date and processing type are still ok (I had a friend, whose application in DBEC suddenly changed from RIR to TR one fine day).​

We just have to wait but how long ? I don't know.

Sonu_Aug_2002
PD:Aug 02, 2002
Region: June 2003
RIR/CA/ EB2
45 Days Letter: Feb 2005

saknia said:
We all can collectively contact Rajiv for help. We need to pay him for this service. I think attorney is our Best bet instead of writing to senators,calling PBEC etc

Guys post your opinions
100% agree.........
I am in and ready to pay..Let's make a plan and then we can schedule
conference call with him.
:)
Ladude10
PD July 2002 CA EB3

StressTestInUSA said:
Guys..Dont slash me in and out...!!
off the topic in this thread,but what is happening at the Managers Table etc(not sure of the right term which IV team is struggling for) is it possible to file for 485 after labor approval...? of course we will have the 140 stage in between..
Can any veterans post,if this miracle happens,how long will it take for us to see the ray of light in our lives..??!!

The current scenario is that the House of Reps and the Senate have passed two diametrically opposite bills. The next steps - reconciliation between these two bills, passing the reconciled bill in both HR and Senate, then President signs it. The Senate bill includes a manager's amendment by Sen. Spectre for the 485 eligibility you write about - this amendment is considered as though the Senate passed it. So it will be included and considered in the reconciliation effort (conference). These steps can take anytime between 3 to 9 months. The general feeling is that this will finish only after the Nov election. However Bush will want to get this off the table ASAP and if Bush pushes harder then we may see it before the election. With the emphasis on relief to illegal immigrants, I'm afraid many of the provisions for legal immigrants may be omitted as part of a compromise at the conference.... I hope my fears are misplaced.

Last edited by a moderator: