Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Hi rikki,

If you case had reached regional before it went to PBEC then you should definitely pursue the matter with your lawyer and company. Regional cases are given a priority as of now because they have to minimal work to get the cases approved.

As of now I cannot guess how much time it will take the LC approval since there are few 2001 state cases in the queue.

Good luck and keep us posted.

rikki said:
hi GC_from_NJ,

MY PD is JUNE 2002 (EB2 RIR ), i recently replied to my 45 Day letter on May 3 06. out of curiosity i requested a 7th yer screen shoot, and i was shocked to see the Case source : state.
do you think its going to be a long wait from me again to get to region .
and to finally get the LC approval

Thx,
:)

To all silent readers of this forum

#1 27th May 2006, 02:11 PM
mvinays
Registered User Join Date: Sep 2003

To all silent readers of this forum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To all silent readers of this forum:

Kindly contribute your LC case information to our "BEC Priority Date Tracker" sticky thread. We will be able to get more meaningful statistics and reports if all of us sincerely contribute data to the tracker spreadsheet.

Thanks a ton!

To all silent readers of this forum:

Kindly contribute your LC case information to our "BEC Priority Date Tracker" sticky thread. We will be able to get more meaningful statistics and reports if all of us sincerely contribute data to the tracker spreadsheet.

Thanks a ton! :)

A puzzling question.

This question may not be related to the topic here, but I cannot find anybody knowing exactly how I should approach it.

I want to transfer from h1-b to F-1 so that I can take advantage of CPT and OPT to do my internship next summer. However, I am not willing to give up my current job until the internship is secured. OPT or CPT will only be granted after 9 full month of F-1 status, which means I have to under F-1 status before the end of Auguest if I want to do the internship nu next June. The question is if I apply for transfer of status, when does it take into effect, issuane of I-20, when they receive the application, when the transfer is granted, or any date that I specify? If I can specify my own date, is it possible to withdraw the application after it is approved but before the requested date is reached? I have to know this becaue in case I cannot get a good internship I don't want to give my current job, a well paid one. Thanks in advance for any suggestion or comment

Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center.
They created two BECs to help eliminate the backlogs, the other one is in Dallas.
You will see PBEC / DBEC being used a lot in these forums ...

hth

Thanks,
Can you tell me about screenshot , how it works and how can we request .
Thanks
RP
PD: 02/13/2003
RD: JUL 28 2004
State: VA, EB3
BEC: Philadelphia
P2004-VA-034*****
45-day recieved and replied: 03/2005

Last edited by a moderator:
This forum/thread is doing great job by providing useful information.
Here is my case status

CA PD 03/13/2003
CA RD 03/23/2004 (RIR/EB3)
BEC letter received 02/05/05
BEC letter replied 02/25/05

How do I create new thread or post new message in this forum?

Hey , Does anyone can tell me How do I create new thread or post new message in this forum.
If you know could you advice me how to create new thread I have question about I-130 form.
Thanks

Hi Sakina,

Looking to my signature can you predict when my LC will be approved? Thanks a lot in advance.

Also, my employer has started PERM process for me. What is your advice, if I have to make a choice between PERM and PBEC (I am from India).?

Thanks.

Hi Amdavad,
I want to ask you this, can we apply in PERM eventhough we applied in before. eg. I have applied in feb 2003, and it is in pending, can I apply in PERM without disturbing PD for old one ? I am from INDIA(GUJ.) too.
Reply me back if you know this.

RP
P2004-VA-034*****
45-day recieved and Repplied: 03/2005

raj_gl said:
Hi Amdavad,
I want to ask you this, can we apply in PERM eventhough we applied in before. eg. I have applied in feb 2003, and it is in pending, can I apply in PERM without disturbing PD for old one ? I am from INDIA(GUJ.) too.
Reply me back if you know this.

RP
P2004-VA-034*****
45-day recieved and Repplied: 03/2005

Yeah, you may go ahead and apply in PERM. The only thing is yours will get new PD, if you wish to retain the older PD, then you have to withdraw the old petition and refile under PERM.

junelc2002 said:
This question may not be related to the topic here, but I cannot find anybody knowing exactly how I should approach it.

I want to transfer from h1-b to F-1 so that I can take advantage of CPT and OPT to do my internship next summer. However, I am not willing to give up my current job until the internship is secured. OPT or CPT will only be granted after 9 full month of F-1 status, which means I have to under F-1 status before the end of Auguest if I want to do the internship nu next June. The question is if I apply for transfer of status, when does it take into effect, issuane of I-20, when they receive the application, when the transfer is granted, or any date that I specify? If I can specify my own date, is it possible to withdraw the application after it is approved but before the requested date is reached? I have to know this becaue in case I cannot get a good internship I don't want to give my current job, a well paid one. Thanks in advance for any suggestion or comment

In order to transfer from H1 to F1, you need to ask a designated school official (DSO) to issue you an I-20 and they will then apply in USCIS for your Change of Status (COS). Once your COS is approved, you will lose your H1B, and your status becomes F1. You CANNOT have 2 statuses at the same time. Once the transfer is granted, your F1 comes in effect, and you will lose your H1B benefit, meaning working privilege. You cannot specify the date for your F1 status, but it can be done when applying OPT.

Cric said:
Help me get this straight guys.

Would the cut off date still be Sep 2007 or will it be earlier than that after president signs it?.. if so when is it proposed to be sent to president?..

Thanks,

After president signs, it will become law within 90 days. Looking at the current senario, within six months if it gets approved, then once the president signs it out, I am thinking within 9 months period.

thyramax said:
I am not able to find out where it says the visa limit is increased to 650K/year. But I could find this below

SEC. 202. IMMIGRANT VISA BACKLOG REDUCTION.

Section 201(d) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1151(d)) is amended to read as follows:

`(d) Worldwide Level of Employment-Based Immigrants- The worldwide level of employment-based immigrants under this subsection for a fiscal year is equal to the sum of--

`(1) 290,000;

Does this mean the limit is oly 290000 and not 650000 ?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2006/05/26/MNGETJ2Q0V1.DTL

screenshot

Hi,

Have someone done screenshot for his 7th year extension recently? I did screenshot once in Feb. and got the reply letter from PBEC very quikly. When I did it again in March and April, but on response. I haven't received my 45 DL, so I want to use this way to check my status.

hz_florida

labordrags said:
Yeah, you may go ahead and apply in PERM. The only thing is yours will get new PD, if you wish to retain the older PD, then you have to withdraw the old petition and refile under PERM.
-----------------

A related ques-
If an old labor is pending and now if I file a PERM through same employer and the PERM comes thru before old labor. Then does that mean my old pending labor is not valid anymore?

But if the ol is still valid and it also comes thru - then can I file two 140 under same employer?

gchelpme said:
-----------------

A related ques-
If an old labor is pending and now if I file a PERM through same employer and the PERM comes thru before old labor. Then does that mean my old pending labor is not valid anymore?

But if the old is still valid and it also comes thru - then can I file two 140 under same employer?

your old labor is still valid.

yep, you can file 2 I-140 one for each after getting the labor approval, there is no problem with it.