Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

My humble estimate

Early 2004 LC will probably get approved August 2007. Then your application for EAD will take about 2 months (doctor reports, other form filing, DOL letter receipt etc). It takes about 6 months for EAD to arrive to you so you are looking to get EAD card in your hand around April 2008. Good luck.
-------------------

mariner555 said:
I know this question has been asked before but I will ask again ..if no retro relief passes and pbec moves at the current or little faster pace ...when can a person with PD in early 2004 expect to get EAD ? my guess is atleast 2 years or more ..I am starting to start my plan B and C ..

nick715us said:
Friends,

I am pleased to inform that I received the labor approval notification yesterday from Phila BEC.

Goes to show that there is still hope. Good luck to all!!

Do they send notification to your home address ? I have changed my
address and my lawyer says i don't need to let DOL know about change
of address.

120 days

mariner555 said:
I disagree but I will let it pass. as long as you dont misuse the system it should be fine to ask about proof/ status. which brings me to another question .. has anyone applied for 7th year extension on their own ?
I am planning to do that on my own. the main reason being I want to choke off the fees given to attorney so that they become more humane. my lawyer charges at the rate of 300/hr and charged my company around 40$ to reply to an email. also when can I apply for extension ? is it 6 months before the present H-1 expires ?
H1 extension is usually 120 days before expiry.
good luck

prince123 said:
Do they send notification to your home address ? I have changed my
address and my lawyer says i don't need to let DOL know about change
of address.

Yes, I received a copy of the final determination letter at my home address stating that my case has been certified. I guess attorney gets the original.

Even if you haven't notified DOL of change of address, won't the post office redirect your mail?

I am in a worse situation than you. Here is what my search shows. Even if you are in the same copmany doing same job under same group, if your address changes, I-140 can have issues. The reason given is the job is for a geographical location. If your work location is with in a commutable distance from your present location your change looks good to me. Again I am not a lawyer so double/triple check this out.

I have almost given up on this Labor app as my company got acquired in an asset acquisition form. It is unlikely my I-140 would see success ( if ever this blackhole spits out that piece of paper) If someone has had experience with successor in interest please post or pm me.

-
11/2002 CA EB-2 RIR
Getting PERM filed

ccv said:
Hi,

I am still awaiting my Labor clearance. Meanwhile, there is a good job position that has just become avialable in my company and I don't want to let go of it.

If I apply for the new job position would this cause any issues with my Green Card process ? I will have almost the same job description but I will be reporting to a new boss and will be under a new division. The office is located in the same state from where I filed my GC.

Please let me know at the earliest.

Thank you very much !

new2laborforum said:
H1 extension is usually 120 days before expiry.
good luck
not required, 6 months is fine too... mine expires in May 2006 I filed in Dec: had no problem. Dont know the situation here, but if u plan to do regular pocessing to save 1k for premium processing, u can go ahead.

bigbang2001 said:
I am in a worse situation than you. Here is what my search shows. Even if you are in the same copmany doing same job under same group, if your address changes, I-140 can have issues. The reason given is the job is for a geographical location. If your work location is with in a commutable distance from your present location your change looks good to me. Again I am not a lawyer so double/triple check this out.

I have almost given up on this Labor app as my company got acquired in an asset acquisition form. It is unlikely my I-140 would see success ( if ever this blackhole spits out that piece of paper) If someone has had experience with successor in interest please post or pm me.

-
11/2002 CA EB-2 RIR
Getting PERM filed

bigbang...

dont give up...!! success/acquisition by new company is no major problem Many cases r like that. For years together this damn LC goes on, so many things can happen since 4yrs ago..I came across a guy similarly approved.

Yours is a EB2 case, lady luck will smile at u in a couple of months..!!

btw, I dint get you when u say, address changes means, does it mean your residential mailing address or place of work changes...?

really wonder how can everything remain dito to dito for years together...just to make our life miserable..

Simple question

Hi all,

If my labor gets approved today, can I apply for EAD right away or do I have to wait for I-129 approval? Thanks for your input.

Let us drop rally idea

Guys,

After 4 days, we have only 60 people confirming that they are ready for rally. This is a very small number and we can not get attention of anyone.

I am really disappointed with our mentality. We are fighting for our rights and no one can even stop us doing so. BUT WE DON'T WANT TO DO IT. Illegals who are always under pressure that they will be caught and be sent back to their country are coming out in open to protest for their so called rights of immigration. SHAME ON US.

HAVE A NICE TIME (IN OUR OWN COUNTRY).

Buhocol said:
I think be profesional is not only to hold a degree but also is how you ask fo something. I am consider that it is importan to be diplomatic and nice when you have to comunicate specially with this people. So here is my version and everybody is welcome to make his or her comments. Also, I consider that one person can send it and sign at the end as Victims of the deparment of labor delays.

Sub: Huge Administrative Delay in Foreign Labor Certification Application approval process at Department Of Labor

Dear Mr. President,

Hope you and your family are doing well.

We are regular legal people in USA who pay taxes, follow the law and all rules require in order to get our permanent resident in this country. We know you have the best intention to help as much as you can all of the illegal people. However, we would like to call your attention over the legal’s’ people who are suffering under the process to get our permanent resident, through H1B working visa, even know that we have been here legal since our companies decided to hire us.

Knowing that one of your suggestion is to give working visas to most of this illegal people, we consider important you to know the huge delay in LCA approval process at DOL’s two Backlog Eliminitation Center, most notably the Philadelphia BEC. We started our application with DOL more than 4 years ago. Having passed almost two years since the commencement of two BECs, We have not received our approval certification of labor. Additional, there is not even an option for status check or an indication when our application will be considered. This situation is hurting our companies and us because H1B extension visas cost large amount of money, process is taking long time and are extenting just a year once 6 years-period is complete.

I would like you ask yourself couples question

1. Do you believe your suggestion can work knowing that Department of labor could not have handled less than 350.000 application in 5 years?

2. Could you imagine 12 million persons applying to get their certification of labor through the current Department of labor administration? You may get your certification of labor for your working visa or permanent resident in 50 years o maybe more.

3. What is the benefit of being legal and follows the law? It is why more people prefer to be illegal because going through this nightmare and its Stone Age process generates more pain than profit.

In the other hand, our families are suffering constantly in numerous ways such as our spouses can work because this issue, we cannot buy a house or take a meaningful vacation due to such insecurity. Now we have ended up fighting DOL’s Administrative Delays that seems like a long dark tunnel, with no light insight. I really appreciate if you take the necessary measures to speed up the approval process.

Thanks Mr. President for your leadership and determination to make of this country and this world a better place to live and a place where freedom should be the flag that join us.

Sincerely

Victims of the Department of Labor delays.
Guys, whatever letter you draft is good. Just make sure we all send at least one letter to the folks mentioned on LedBy's post.

I am pretty sure Mr. President is aware of all of this, how else would he be able to fund the Iraq & Afghan chaos.

The money we spent on Visa renewal, to file PERM and so many other activities related to H1-B through GC process is what they are counting on these days.

Mr. President is already under impeachment from Democrats for misleading the American People on Iraq. At least we are with our families here but those many soldiers who have been fighting in Iraq have been away for so long.

But, I will definitely like to see these letters going out ASAP, without spending too much time on Drafts.

Go for it!!!!!

45 days letter

I just received my 45 days letter today.

Case: RIR

PD : December 2003

45 days letter : April 2006

BECle said:
Hi all,

If my labor gets approved today, can I apply for EAD right away or do I have to wait for I-129 approval? Thanks for your input.

That depends on your Priority Date (date when your employer applied for labor certification). For example if your PD is earlier than January 1, 2003 for EB2 case or March 1, 2001 for EB3 (as of now), you can file I-140 and I-485 together. The latter enable you to apply for EAD. Otherwise, you can file I-140 only and wait for your PD to be current.

On the other hand you have to maintain the H-1b Status all the while. Please make sure that your H-1b extensions are filed before it's expiry.

PBECIsKillingMe said:
Question is not simple. Where I-129 comes in picture?

Sorry for the confusion. I meant:
After I get my labor approved, can I file for EAD right away or do I have to wait for I-140 approval? Thanks again.

PBECIsKillingMe said:
Guys,

After 4 days, we have only 60 people confirming that they are ready for rally. This is a very small number and we can not get attention of anyone.

I am really disappointed with our mentality. We are fighting for our rights and no one can even stop us doing so. BUT WE DON'T WANT TO DO IT. Illegals who are always under pressure that they will be caught and be sent back to their country are coming out in open to protest for their so called rights of immigration. SHAME ON US.

HAVE A NICE TIME (IN OUR OWN COUNTRY).

PBECIsKillingMe,

many people are always whining, but if it come to action, they seem to be comfortable where they are. So, don't get discouraged, man! It's better to have 60 and have rally than don't have rally at all.

I think that one of the problems here is that we have many opinions but no general stragegy here. And discussion about the rally is spread among several topics.

My suggestion is this:

1. You write some kind of manifest to join the rally where you give your email
2. all of us forward this manifest to our H1 friends.

We can do it man. Don't give up.

I will not be able to make it since I work in Minnesota at a client place.

PBECIsKillingMe said:
21stIcon, ahalem, cherrygums, code4food, coolmaro, fastergcwanted, GC_from_NJ, mvinays, NTom, RahulatDC, roma77, roman3, sacbee

Do you oppose rally or you are not OK with location. Guys like code4food, NTom... shown good interest in Rally but in voting they have said "NO".

Labor Approved !!!

Guys,

I am glad to inform you all that my Labor is approved after a long wait of 3.9 years. My attorney recieved my labor certificate today and he Faxed me to see the Final Determination letter.

This forum is very helpfull and useful to me and thanks to Saknia , Orissa, Akela , PBECIsKillingMe , StressTestInUSA and others who helped and who are still helping in providing the valuable information in this forum.
If there is any rally in DC I will join you guys.

Good Luck to you all and wish to see you all in 140 / 485 Stages.

My case details are as follows.

EB2 RIR VA
PD 06-03-2002
45-day letter Replied: 1/25/2005
Case # : P-04274-10XXX
Date approval: 4/06/2006

Thanks
SN

Thanks

StressTestInUSA said:
T is temporary data entry, P is total data entry done.When the case # changes from T to P you can expect a 45 day letter. Ask for a screenshot from time to time(maybe 1's in 2 weeks), your attny and the employer will get the letter from PBEC.

StressTest

Thanks for the info.
i could not check the forum since couple of days.

Appreciate your help

Congratulations SN4GC! Good luck for the next stages.
It must be a great relief to get out of this PBEC mess.

SN4GC said:
Guys,

I am glad to inform you all that my Labor is approved after a long wait of 3.9 years. My attorney recieved my labor certificate today and he Faxed me to see the Final Determination letter.

This forum is very helpfull and useful to me and thanks to Saknia , Orissa, Akela , PBECIsKillingMe , StressTestInUSA and others who helped and who are still helping in providing the valuable information in this forum.
If there is any rally in DC I will join you guys.

Good Luck to you all and wish to see you all in 140 / 485 Stages.

My case details are as follows.

EB2 RIR VA
PD 06-03-2002
45-day letter Replied: 1/25/2005
Case # : P-04274-10XXX
Date approval: 4/06/2006

Thanks
SN