Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

To Saknia And All Other Gurus Here --- Please Let Me Know What You Think

Hi,
Does anyone know what's happenning to cases that were transferred to PBEC from Boston DOL? I have seen only very very few cases that have received 45 days letter.

Also what are your thoughts on EB3 Non-RIR cases? Will there be any more recruitment for Non-RIR EB3 if the case was transferred to PBEC from DOL. I would assume that if the case was transferred from state (SWA or SESA), there could be more recruitment process from PBEC. But do you think the there will be recruitment efforts for Non RIR cases that were transferred to PBEC from DOL?

I saw a post here - someone tried calling PBEC and it looks like they would enter all cases by May 2006. Any reason to trust what PBEC is claiming?

Guys from Boston DOL please post your case details if you dont mind.

My LC details:
-------------
PD: Sep 2004
Went to Boston DOL : Jan 2005
Was sent to PBEC: Sep 2005 (No proof for this-attorney told me )
No news thereafter.

Case closure Notice

bigbang2001 said:
For your own good, do not bombard this with status requests.
There are unconfirmed rumors that PBEC keeps track of number of sunc requests and may use this data to punish those requesting too many times.

If you have got what you wanted the refrain the urge to get more. Earlier there used to be a status field which got removed somewhere in September/Octorber 2005 time frame. This was the only window which people like us had. Now even that is gone so there is no point in giving DOL aanothere reason to delay.

Now a days there are lot of case Closure Notice , even if you have replied to 45 day letter in time. Also seems to be that PBEC closing the case with out sending 45 day letter. Looks Like they have some target to close a number of cases whether it is active or not. May be Another shock :mad: from PBEC.

Hi ALl,

Hi all, for those who care....

if you have your case with PBEC with 45 days letter replied and no info for more than an year you can get the status by sending a fax to 484 270 1600. Please dont misuse this line of contact.. just FYI.. Please have your attorney or HR do this.

All the best.

Processing May 2001

I spoke to a caseworker in local congressmans office. She told me that PBEC is currently processign May 2001 Application. Then I told her that there are lot of people with PD of July 2002 who have approval to which she did not have answer. She said PBEC will not entertain her request for May 2002 and told me to contact the local congressmans office after six months. Dont know whats happening in the black box called PBEC.By the way my PD is MAY 2002.

Hebron:

If we receive the 45-day letters by May '06, the P-BEC's claim would be true. I think P-BEC yet to start with NH, ME, VT, RI etc states. Of course, they constitute a small fraction (perhaps a few percentages) of the cases and were months from SWA clearances when these cases were moved to BEC.

bhatt said:
Now a days there are lot of case Closure Notice , even if you have replied to 45 day letter in time. Also seems to be that PBEC closing the case with out sending 45 day letter. Looks Like they have some target to close a number of cases whether it is active or not. May be Another shock :mad: from PBEC.

Case Closure

Yes they are closing cases for no reasons.They sent me a notice too,saying that 45 day letter was not replied in time,where as we replied it as soon as we got it.

I have never asked for a screen shot or ever enquired about my case,i dont think they have any logic or reason behind anything they do.

Does any one have any idea how soon it takes to reopen a case?

Does any one had got Labor approved who filed in Maryland

Our case
Filed in MD
PD: July 2002

We didn't receive 45 day letter also.

Does any body know latest date of approval for Maryland cases

Thanks

aprlc2002 said:

if you have your case with PBEC with 45 days letter replied and no info for more than an year you can get the status by sending a fax to 484 270 1600. Please dont misuse this line of contact.. just FYI.. Please have your attorney or HR do this.

All the best.

Hi Aprlc2002...

after a long time we r seeing u here...Thx for checking us out, though you r out of this shit...

btw...faxing that # u mentioned...u mean they will reply back the case status to the contact info we mention...??

Please clarify....there r so many souls here with 45 letters replied more than a year...

This is making the rest of us lose our sleep...all the guys who dint recieve that letter and those who replied....not knowing what bomb we have to hear..like case closed after waiting for yrs etc, while all r waiting with their heart in mouth...!!

45 days letter with Jan 2005 PD

Folks,

Just wanted to share, my attorney informed me today that they have received the 45 day letter and will be replying today. I know, it is a loooong way to go but looks like PBEC is right on target for completing the data entry by June 2006 and hopefully clear the backlog by Sept 2007 as they announced.

PD: Jan 2005
EB2 - RIR
State : NJ

Good luck to us all !!

LCKY2004 said:
Case Closure

Yes they are closing cases for no reasons.They sent me a notice too,saying that 45 day letter was not replied in time,where as we replied it as soon as we got it.

I have never asked for a screen shot or ever enquired about my case,i dont think they have any logic or reason behind anything they do.

Does any one have any idea how soon it takes to reopen a case?

As you may know my case was also closed. Attorney said shortest time they have experienced to reopen case was 2 1/2 months. The longest timeframe I have seen in the forum is 6 months.

PBEC moving cases to DBEC

Just talked to my lawyer about filling 8th year ext. He has requested for pending labor letter from PBEC and has not received it yet.

Although he told me that PBEC is in process of moving old CA cases to DBEC, thought you'all wouuld like to know.

Some News

Just got off the phone with lawyers. They told me the following:

1. Philly Office certifiers are the BEST in nation compared to their peers. They are the ones who really know the LAW and was very fast compared to their peers in the old days and ways. This is why (I think) they selected them as a BEC location.

2. The BOSTON SWA was very poor in performance. The lady who processed cases there always raised questions and delayed processing unneccessarily. This is why I have a JANUARY 2001 case from Boston. I searched many immigration web sites and asked around my friends... NO BOSTON case so far is approved from PBEC, I hope someone can reply and prove me wrong...

3. My lawyer did interview with the PBEC officer and they told them that Data Entry is the priority right now - confirming what many said here already

4. PBEC is not committing any time to when data entry is to be complete

5. One problem they are having is the issuance of "MAIL" there are so many of them that sometimes an approval or a 45 day letter may get stuck in the office before it gets out.

6. My lawyers DO confirm that PBEC is making progress. There is not a day that they "dont" receive 45 day letters. Not too many approvals yet though.

7. I am convinced Sept 2007 is possible but realistically it is May 2008 to clear all backlog cases.

8. I think one of the immigrants who are waiting in line for LC today will be the president of USA one day, as soon as they change the law of US-born requirement. :) We are the ones who are suffering the government inefficiencies, who else is a better candidate to solve US' problems... Just a 20 cent silly comment... but could be true...

180K applications... thats a LOT of applications for PBEC... what a mess... good luck to these people...and to us....

hebron said:
Hi,
Does anyone know what's happenning to cases that were transferred to PBEC from Boston DOL? I have seen only very very few cases that have received 45 days letter.

Also what are your thoughts on EB3 Non-RIR cases? Will there be any more recruitment for Non-RIR EB3 if the case was transferred to PBEC from DOL. I would assume that if the case was transferred from state (SWA or SESA), there could be more recruitment process from PBEC. But do you think the there will be recruitment efforts for Non RIR cases that were transferred to PBEC from DOL?

I saw a post here - someone tried calling PBEC and it looks like they would enter all cases by May 2006. Any reason to trust what PBEC is claiming?

Guys from Boston DOL please post your case details if you dont mind.

My LC details:
-------------
PD: Sep 2004
Went to Boston DOL : Jan 2005
Was sent to PBEC: Sep 2005 (No proof for this-attorney told me )
No news thereafter.

CA cases to DBEC

CATOPA said:
Just talked to my lawyer about filling 8th year ext. He has requested for pending labor letter from PBEC and has not received it yet.

Although he told me that PBEC is in process of moving old CA cases to DBEC, thought you'all wouuld like to know.

Hi CATOPA,

Thanks for the update? How reliable is this? Are moving RIRs too?

Any updates????

Aprilc2002

Any update on where PBEC is these day? You used to have some idea of what month they are processing?

This whole thing is killing me! Its been 3.5 yrs since I filed for labor cert and I have no idea when it will get cleared.

aprlc2002 said:

All the best.

How Old?

Could you do us all a favor and ask your lawyer the following:

CA cases upto what date are being moved to DBEC.

Quite honestly I am getting tired of my case being moved from one place to the other. We were all hopeful when they created the BEC's. Now, the cases will go to DBEC ... time to ship, open boxes, re-enter them in the system ... another 6-8 months lost.

CATOPA said:

JustWatching said:
As you may know my case was also closed. Attorney said shortest time they have experienced to reopen case was 2 1/2 months. The longest timeframe I have seen in the forum is 6 months.

I got my notice on feb 21st too ,but was dated 14th.

hopefully our cases will reopen soon.

Congrats!!

aparikh10 said:
I got my labor certification. June 25 2002 priority date, filled in SF, went to philly backlog.

Hope your case is from CA. Could you please post more details like 45 DL recd/replied date, first few digits of your PBEC case no. etc..

All the best in future steps..

4MyWife said:
Just got off the phone with lawyers. They told me the following:

1. Philly Office certifiers are the BEST in nation compared to their peers. They are the ones who really know the LAW and was very fast compared to their peers in the old days and ways. This is why (I think) they selected them as a BEC location.

They WERE best. NOT ANY MORE. Now they are the WORST certifiers ever. By holding the certifying process, they are trying to push the backlog in the hands of USCIS and also more visa retrogression with unused visas. If this F*king BEC went to BOSTON or some other place it would have been far better. Dallas region was not that good. But in Processing the backlog they are very good.

Last edited by a moderator: