Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Donation PAyble to

Any one could please publish the name Payble to ( or infavour of) the donation amount, if less than $100.

Te address to sned is
Fund Collection Campaign
26 Norwich Drive Suite # D
Rochester, NY 14624

sbdol said:
The fund raising campaign is here:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=202713

As for the results and the process... As informed by Rajiv the previous lawsuit against I-485 delays made a lot of noise in both Senate and Congress and had an enormous impact on the further INS work.

Pls donate for good cause

Guys!! Again requesting you, donate fund for lawsuit.. First time this effort is being made, don't let it down.. Just assume that INS has asked you to fill another form with some application fees.. Even your single dollar does matter..
If PBEC has at least 100Kapplications pending and even thou we can not collect 10K from 100K people, then really Even God can't help us.. here is link
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=202713&page=1&pp=15

greynicolls said:
i do not think this is a misuse of the hib system in n e way.....but thts just my opinion n as u r entitled to urs i am entitled to mine....

i filed my application in 2002 december....and the first time dol ever replied to n e satus query was in jan 2006...so my friend for three fing yrs i didnt even know if my application existed there ...

i can only wish that thingss were so simlple and linearly related at thie mother of all incompetent departments that sending status requests is the reason we r all in this hole....

amazing thought process

n e way these are the last words i will have on this topic
For your own good, do not bombard this with status requests.
There are unconfirmed rumors that PBEC keeps track of number of sunc requests and may use this data to punish those requesting too many times.

If you have got what you wanted the refrain the urge to get more. Earlier there used to be a status field which got removed somewhere in September/Octorber 2005 time frame. This was the only window which people like us had. Now even that is gone so there is no point in giving DOL aanothere reason to delay.

Still Waiting...My Case Details

Hi..
My priority date is Oct 2002, EB2 CA, RIR.Went to Regional Sept 2003. 45 day letter received Jan 2005, Replied Feb 2005. Its been over a yr since then but no updates.
Asked for Screen Shot twice for 7th year H1 Extension and recived reply in couple of hours both times.
Sapra

Actually my salary was at that time 30% more than what is written in the screen shot!!

Can that be delaying my LC? Please help

rgds,
akela

akela said:
Actually my salary was at that time 30% more than what is written in the screen shot!!

rgds,
akela

My assumption is that for most of those who applied in 2001/2002 (ofcourse later too) would have all advanced in their careers and hardly a few would have remained at the salary stated in their applications. And if thats the case, here is another reason for them to delay it for everybody.....
But I think, any reasonable advancement in career is a welcome feature for them...

My Opinions only... not a legal advice... please act accordingly...

LC and wage.

akela said:

rgds,
akela

Your current pay or pay at time of filling of LC has nothing to do with the pay offered in LC.

LC has nothing to do with individual, it has more to do with the job offered and wage for that job. DOL will check if the job description equals to certain code and then pay for that code. If there is a sizeable difference they issue an RFE.

Your case might come into picture during 140 stages, and I don’t know all the details about that. Will probably worry about that if and when I reach there.

I understand why you are getting paranoid over your 6/2002 case still not approved. PBEC was processing 6/2002 cases in beginning of year and last week we saw few 2001 approval and I think a late 2002 approval. I’m not sold that they are looking at 2002 cases. They sure are looking at 2001 cases. You had posted about some rumors of certain 2002 cases shipped to Atlanta. I have never heard about such rumors before, but I wont be surprised if they did that.

I did. The same thing happened to me. When I sent email to the address, I got an automated email as follows:

You have reached the Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center status inquiry mailbox. At this time, we are unable to provide status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. All Philadelphia Processing Center files are being transferred to a new system. Once the data entry process is completed, a 45-Day Letter and Selection of Continuation Option letter will be issued on all applications providing a new case ID # and may request additional information from the employer.

If your request is in reference to the following, this information will also be updated.

Address updates for attorney, employer, or alien
Change of attorney (or attorney address changes)
Incorrect case closures
H-1B extensions please email your request to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US
Case withdraws

Aliens seeking status must contact their employer or attorney to obtain information.

For frequently asked questions and status inquiry, please visit the following internet website:

http://atlas.doleta.gov/foreign/faqs.asp

To obtain general information regarding processing times, please visit the following internet website:

www.workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

To obtain general information regarding PERM System, please visit the following internet website:

www.plc.doleta.gov/

There is no need to submit multiple requests. The next notices that you will receive from this office will be a 45-Day Letter and a Selection of Continuation Option letter.

Your patience is appreciated.

Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center

Cric said:
tomorrow It will be interesting to see if DOL updates it's website with "17 months remaining". :)

Guys, Isn't 09/30/07 19 months away?.. I am confused as to why it say's 18 months remaining.

I got a reply! from WashingtonPost though..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2006/02/27/DI2006022701149.html
kalitam@washpost.com

Fairfax, Va.: Ms. Mitra Kalita,

Does the harassment by DOL's Pennsylvania Backlog Elimination centre, where highly skilled workers are waiting for labor certification from year 2001 and the USICS's visa retrogation issues contributing to IT workers return to India?

Do you think US Government will ever give back the Social Security contributions?

Thanks, a skilled worker (who is considering leaving USA, for good)

S. Mitra Kalita: Here's the question about green card delays again. I did talk to some experts who suspected those who are waiting for green cards might be inclined to go back BUT most of the immigrants I speak to say they really want to wait out the process so they can come back to the United States if things don't work out in India. I am trying to dig up the story I did on delays that I reported in Philadelphia. Hang on.

I want to find out if my case is in PBEC or not. My PD is April 2004 from Georgia. I havent received 45 day letter yet. I see some posts here that we can send an email to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US and can receive reply with case# and other details.

Can someone tell me please what should I write in the email. Do I write my name, company name etc...Will it be ok if I send that email from my yahoo account.. What kinds of details are in the reply,

Thanks

good job!!!

LedBy said:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2006/02/27/DI2006022701149.html
kalitam@washpost.com

Fairfax, Va.: Ms. Mitra Kalita,

Does the harassment by DOL's Pennsylvania Backlog Elimination centre, where highly skilled workers are waiting for labor certification from year 2001 and the USICS's visa retrogation issues contributing to IT workers return to India?

Do you think US Government will ever give back the Social Security contributions?

Thanks, a skilled worker (who is considering leaving USA, for good)

good work ledby........i got a stonewall automated response from cnn, and no reply from nytimes

S. Mitra Kalita: Here's the question about green card delays again. I did talk to some experts who suspected those who are waiting for green cards might be inclined to go back BUT most of the immigrants I speak to say they really want to wait out the process so they can come back to the United States if things don't work out in India. I am trying to dig up the story I did on delays that I reported in Philadelphia. Hang on.

I wanted to share this info

Hi guys. i called PBEC today...To my surprise the lady is good and she talked to me for almost 15 mins. Thought of sharing something from the phone call..

She claims that they have completed 90% of data entry. And she expects the data entry to be completed by April 06. She also told that the approval pace is really slow and admits that there goal is to complete data entry by april so NOT much approvals really going out. She expects that the approval pace will pick up from May06.

I personally dont beleive this but one thing i would like to tell here.. i called and asked only one question i.e. when is the data entry will be over..she talked almost 15 mins telling the issues etc etc..same old crap as everyone knows..

Good luck guys... and lets fight on...

raj_vagc_oct02 said:
Hi guys. i called PBEC today...To my surprise the lady is good and she talked to me for almost 15 mins. Thought of sharing something from the phone call..

She claims that they have completed 90% of data entry. And she expects the data entry to be completed by April 06. She also told that the approval pace is really slow and admits that there goal is to complete data entry by april so NOT much approvals really going out. She expects that the approval pace will pick up from May06.

I personally dont beleive this but one thing i would like to tell here.. i called and asked only one question i.e. when is the data entry will be over..she talked almost 15 mins telling the issues etc etc..same old crap as everyone knows..

Good luck guys... and lets fight on...

Hi raj_vagc_oct02

Its surprising that PBEC is talking to people for long time. generally they answer in mono syllables. Its a welcome change. I really hope they finish our data entry by April 06. Thanks for sharing the info.

media, media, media...

raj_vagc_oct02 said:

What she says may be close to reality. Thanks for your effort..

As I always believe media has such a power. When one Indian scientist was denied visa, (in fact he didn't even fill out the form he was supposed to!!) they send him the visa home. Not because he was a big shot i guess..but bcose it was wired all over the world and started appearing in main news sites.

media, media, media...keep on writing to media folks..

Prevailing Salary

elassar2005 said:
what about if my Salary incresed alomst 100% since i applied in 2001, do u think this why my case is delaying??? :(

Then you don't have to worry about that. DOL just want to make sure that the reason company want to hire you because your qualification not because of cheap labor. That's why they have prevailing wage base on each occupation in their website and in order for you to qualify to apply LC then your green card is when your wage fall within DOL range. The higher your salary the better it is.

The only time you have to worry is when your salary below DOL prevailing standard salary for your applied occupation.

But that will be no problem as long as your company at the time their applied your Labor cert aggreed to pay you higher or at least the same as DOL prevailing wage once your greencard approved.

DOL won't check how much you make not untill your greencard process (besides in order for you to get your H1b approved and also the extesion for your H1b your salary has to meet their standard anyway).

So there will be no reason for them to delay the process based on your salary.

Only at the greencard process they might ask you to submit your paycheck (again) just to make sure that your company keep their promise to pay you as they stated at the time their submit your LC. (Still the higher the better :p )

LedBy said:
What she says may be close to reality. Thanks for your effort..

As I always believe media has such a power. When one Indian scientist was denied visa, (in fact he didn't even fill out the form he was supposed to!!) they send him the visa home. Not because he was a big shot i guess..but bcose it was wired all over the world and started appearing in main news sites.

media, media, media...keep on writing to media folks..

I agree with you that the media has the power to shake up things and every positive story we read about legal immigration, we need to jump on it, circulate it and provide more information to the journalist and may be he/she will be inclined to do a follow up or take up our story.

The point is Do not hold back, COMMUNICATE with anyone who will listen.

Btw, the guy whose visa was denied is actually a big shot, he was the President of IIS (Indian Institute of Sciences) and is an internationally renowned scientist.

45 days letter

raj_vagc_oct02 said:
Hi, My colleague with March 2004 PD from VA got his 45 day letter close couple of months back.

hi raj_vagc_oct02,
Is it possible to get first 6 digit of ETA case number of your friend?
Mine is T-05167-XXXXX

I would appreciate your help.

pls. let me know

You're not alone

:p
BSapra said:
Hi..
My priority date is Oct 2002, EB2 CA, RIR.Went to Regional Sept 2003. 45 day letter received Jan 2005, Replied Feb 2005. Its been over a yr since then but no updates.
Asked for Screen Shot twice for 7th year H1 Extension and recived reply in couple of hours both times.
Sapra

PD# 11/12/2002
#P2003-CA-09578***
SF DOL# 10/06/2003
DOT Code #999.151-0**
45 Days Letter Reply March 2005