Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

SWA Casesbeing approved???

Does anybody know the last approval from PBEC/DBEC received for SWA cases that did not make it to regional ??
Are they approving( if any) SWA cases or just the ones that made it to regional.... :confused:

Maybe a drafted letter might help

hi,

i wrote a letter when i wanted isnamerica to get somewhere before the great split happened. in any case, the letter is pasted below, you are free to use it any which way u'd like.

========================
To
Heads of Philadelphia and Dallas Backlog Elimination Centers (BECs)

Subject: Request for information and progress in processing labor certifications

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are a voluntary group initiated to address the current delays associated with acquiring legal permanent status done via a green card in the United States of America. We assert that our members are law abiding, legal immigrants living in the USA on work permits issued through the H1-B program. As per the H-1B program, the United States grants a green card to such immigrant workers who fill a void in the American employment system after undergoing a rigorous and through process of verifying the credentials of such individuals and their employers.

While we appreciate the opportunity given to us via the green card process to live and assimilate within this great land, we believe that the process is taking longer than it should and is causing excessive amounts of grief to our members and the immigrant community at large. Our members include highly educated doctors, engineers, managers and scientists from various nations who have been contributing to the American economy and creating jobs for the citizens of this fine nation.

The current problem at hand is that the BECs have not been prudent in processing labor certification which is the absolute first step in the process. There are about 300,000 immigrants that have been in the labor certification queue, some for over five to six years (this information can be provided). As a result of which such immigrants are going through extreme mental fatigue and lost opportunity cost. Such instability causes untold amounts of stress affecting not only their personal life but also the lives of their families and co-workers.

We respectfully request you to provide us with a report of the status and progress that has been made by the BECs since they were established to address this problem. Also, we request you to provide us with a timeline indicating the termination of such cases and the steps the BECs will undertake to address our problem. We believe that as legal immigrants who have contributed to not only the economy but also to the cultural and social well-being of the country, we deserve an answer.

Regards

Some organization or concerned immigrants.

CC: The office of the president of the United States of America
CC: News organizations - CNN, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, CNBS
==========================

Regards

V.

raj_vagc_oct02 said:
Guys, I would advice we should draft a letter and send it to following people..

Emily Stover DeRocco
Assistant Secratary,
US Dept of Labor
Employment & Training Administration
200 Constitution Ave NW
Wasington DC 20210

John Beverly
Director Of FLC (Foriegn labor Certification)

Phone Number for DFLC : 202-693-3010. Calling this i beleive you can talk to John Beverly.

PBEC chief ( no idea if it still stefanko) who ever it is reports to John and John reports to Emily. If we send a letter to Emily it goes to all the people in the group and that's how it works there.

Did we do any correspondence in the past with these guys? If NOT we should do it.

Raj, tks for posting.

the point is, DO NOT WAIT for a "single" letter to be drafted here. A single letter won't make any difference, but maybe one THOUSAND letters will.

Guys, let's each write letters and send them directly. Don't wait for templates or drafts, just put in your words the questions we want answered:

- WHY FIFO is not being followed ?
- WHY Dallas is processing late 2004 while Philly is processing 2002 ?
- why Dallas and Philly follow different procedures ?

Remember the movie Shawshenk Redemption ?! the guy in prison sent 1 letter per week for years until he finally got what he wanted.

I've already written to Emily, they HAVE to answer written letters. Can you imagine the nuisance caused by 100's of letters coming in every week asking for respect ?! I'm sure it's powerful, they will HAVE to do something about it.

Hope the following is true reported at www.immigration-law.com

02/07/2006: DOL BEC - Picking-Up Pace of Adjudication

* Our record reflects that the Backlog Elimination Centers are indeed picking up the speed of adjudication of the backlog labor certification applications. It is indeed a positive sign. This changing pace of processing of backlog cases is significant in that some of these cases are expected to give relief to the employers in the form of substitution of alien beneficiaries as well as resolving the issues of visa retrogression for their alien employees before the agencies enact and implement the elimination of the substitutions. Understandably, some employers have refiled and obtained new labor certifications under the PERM program without withdrawing the pending backlog cases. Employers have been receiving the large "white envelopes" in the mail in increased numbers from the BEC

Last edited by a moderator:
Letter draft, Feel free to add/modify

Democracy is all about fairness, encouragement of free thought process and justice without prejudice. And as law abiding legal residents of this land, we all should be treated in fair and just ways. There may be only 300,000 of us but we like to be treated with due justice and fairness as the other tax paying residents of this country. This letter is about delay in adjudication of labor certification for permanent residency, and I sincerely appreciate your time.

We understand that the green card is not a right, it is a privilege, and we appreciate it from the bottom of our heart. However inordinate delays caused by the backlog reduction centers (particularly at Philadelphia) has caused enormous amount of suffering and problems in our life. To get our labor certification adjudicated, we are waiting in the same queue along with the illegal immigrants who got amnesty (245(i) cases), and would also have to compete with them for visa number in near future. This is unfair.

When is the last time in a civilized society people waiting at the front of a queue had to wait longer and those who came three and a half years later were given precedence? I doubt that you would get single evidence except the expedited labor certification cases (known as PERM) approved by DOL. The same organization holds off labor certifications in Backlog Elimination Center (I believe from 2002 June – March 2005), and processes PERM cases (Filed after March 2005) in a month. This is unjust.

We hope that in this land of fairness and justice those two issues of ours will be addressed in immediate future. Also we would appreciate if some action is taken from DOL to clear up the backlogs in labor certification process as soon as possible.

God bless America and I believe that fairness and justice will prevail.

please relax

tanveer666 said:
One of my friend who is working for this contactor in DBEC told me they will closed this center by june2006

BY june 2006 the retrogression issue will be gone confirmed my some decent and well known atronies of NY

BUT PBEC WILL KEEP PROCESSING CASES TILL 2080

NOTHING WILL HAPPEN IN PBEC ........ WE HAVE BEEN HEARING THIS BULLSHIT EVERSINCE IT WAS CREATED THAT BY SO AND SO DATE THEY WILL COMPLETE THIS AND THAT ALL BULLSHIT

SKINA WHERE ARE U ............. I SAID 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 TIMES IN THIS FORUM
RETROGRESSION IS NOT A PROBELM ........ AND NOTHING WILL HAPEN IN PBEC IN NEAR FUTURE .......... WE ARE IN FEBURARY AND STILL PEOPLE ARE CRYING FOR 2001 AND EVEN JANURARY 2002 .......................... GUYS SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE TO COME OUT FROM THIS SHIT

Tanveer66,
I support your sentiments but please chill. You I feel are jumping the gun. You are not helping matters by bringing pessimism to the board.
:( :cool:
Guys please ask around to your lawyers and make a list of approvals that they have recieved to se the numbers right and so that we can judje the trend.

Sakania has been very helpful and have been giving a lot of info please keep it up.

Shawshank Redemption

I don't know about you guys, but I have been thinking about Andy in Shawshank Redemption the movie lately, a lot. For those of you who had seen that movie, you must also remember the desperate approach Andy took on the prison's library. He kept writing letters to the so called authorities until the bureautic machine couldn't resist and gave him what he wanted just to shut him up. I believe that still could be working in nowadays. And I'm going to make my contributions starting now. Who knows, we may get out the prison just like Andy did.

cantstandit said:
Raj, tks for posting.

the point is, DO NOT WAIT for a "single" letter to be drafted here. A single letter won't make any difference, but maybe one THOUSAND letters will.

Guys, let's each write letters and send them directly. Don't wait for templates or drafts, just put in your words the questions we want answered:

- WHY FIFO is not being followed ?
- WHY Dallas is processing late 2004 while Philly is processing 2002 ?
- why Dallas and Philly follow different procedures ?

Remember the movie Shawshenk Redemption ?! the guy in prison sent 1 letter per week for years until he finally got what he wanted.

I've already written to Emily, they HAVE to answer written letters. Can you imagine the nuisance caused by 100's of letters coming in every week asking for respect ?! I'm sure it's powerful, they will HAVE to do something about it.

I Like This

lavendersummer said:
I don't know about you guys, but I have been thinking about Andy in Shawshank Redemption the movie lately, a lot. For those of you who had seen that movie, you must also remember the desperate approach Andy took on the prison's library. He kept writing letters to the so called authorities until the bureautic machine couldn't resist and gave him what he wanted just to shut him up. I believe that still could be working in nowadays. And I'm going to make my contributions starting now. Who knows, we may get out the prison just like Andy did.

Very nice example ..... you made my day buddy !

gcqjul2002 said:
Tanveer66,
I support your sentiments but please chill. You I feel are jumping the gun. You are not helping matters by bringing pessimism to the board.
:( :cool:
Guys please ask around to your lawyers and make a list of approvals that they have recieved to se the numbers right and so that we can judje the trend.

Sakania has been very helpful and have been giving a lot of info please keep it up.

Hi Tanveer & GCQJul2002

I understand the optimism of Tanveer for a Lawsuit based on the pessimism he has for PBEC.

GCQJUL2002 is right with his views based on the recent movements of PBEC for approvals - Not many . But still something. Plus remember not all who get approval report here or stay and live here in these forums

PBEC has started approving some cases especially RIR around Mar-July 2002.Those around these dates should wait for few weeks before taking any action. I have been watching the happenings with the Conf Call as well .

Lot to be answered still regarding the Lawsuit - Don't Mistake me here. I have confidence in Rajiv and I am not writing against that effort . Infact I think that is the only way out.

I hear people in that Board ( including Labordrags) talking about contacting iv.org Team on ideas for collecting funds and involving them etc. These are the people who objected when I started telling people that we can take help from iv.org for our problems with PBEC and in fact the it went to the extent of removal of this Thread.( anyway that is History and let the By gone be by Gone)

The lawsuit issues I think are still under discussion and we need to answer these questions as well before we jump in fully. May be they have answers for this. But I want that to spelt out here so that we all will be clear and more hands will join with those explanations. My Objective of writing these here is to convince people on these grounds as well

1) How many of us can share Employer name with out telling them about the Lawsuit ( Not many I think). Rajiv suggested that we give employer name with out informing them about this suit for now as this is required for Court Records only.

2) How succsessful it could be - or rather How negative it can turn to be for those filing the Lawsuit. If the numbers of those who file the suit is less than 500 then it might turn out negative for them if it is not successful. If the number is above 500 even if that effort turns out to be negative it will not affect them much as PBEC can not penalise or take action using some pretext note against those guys. No Judge can force them to approve cases bypassing thier guidelines

3) Rajiv has asked for cases pending around 2002/2003. 2003 for sure will participate as they are still affected.( will not see any light until 2002 is cleared) What about 2002 guys. How many can jump in for the suit.

4) What about DBEC Guys who are Non RIR and SWA cases ( Since DBEC has approved till 2004 for RIR)

5) What is our strategy for PERM- PERM is a successful effort of DOL. Asking them to stop that until all BEC cases are cleared is a risk. But at the sametime if you stop that it will bring more attention and that is waht we want.

6) What is our view on i245 cases . We want them to be on hold till they clear us or Are we asking for a different Queue. Different Queue with same set of people is of no use. It needs additional budgets for that. Only lawamakers can bring solutions to that ( Lawsuit generally cannot address this directly). If the Judge gives order saying that all eligible cases need to be claered in say 6 months time then Govet might intervene to get more people and Budget for that as otherwise it will impact their image.

7) We have started a letter campaign here. How is that going to affect our lawsuit - In the sense Is it good to do that while doing a lawsuit.Asking Sentors and others will be under the use of thier discretionary power. Lawsuit is a legal action. Once they know of any Lawsuit thier efforts for this will get reduced for sure. We need to coordinate the two correctly.

Many more questions are there. Members raise your concerns and that wil help the Volunteers of this effort to get answers and be on the right track with Rajiv

My 0.0002 cents

200% agree on this

Completely agree on this. Lets write letters and gets the DOL Secretary office flooded with 100s...1000sss of letters regarding PBEC mess. Also lets mention inside CC. AILA/senetors office/anti corruption agencies/ABC news/Fox news/CNN news/NewYork times etc.etc.
pretty sure whatever it is, the DOL Secretary office would definitely like to get rid of this pain. Not even mail ,the faxing as well also would be more affective , lets DOL Secretary office runs out of fax paper . Lets write 10s-100s letters /faxes every day. DOL has to take action against PBEC or Stefanco....PBEC is completely unfair to 100s-10000ss of individuals and families/tax payers. :mad:

Disclaimer: just a thought not a statement

agree

Completely agree on this. Lets write letters and gets the DOL Secretary office flooded with 100s...1000sss of letters regarding PBEC mess. Also lets mention inside CC. AILA/senetors office/anti corruption agencies/ABC news/Fox news/CNN news/NewYork times etc.etc.
pretty sure whatever it is, the DOL Secretary office would definitely like to get rid of this pain. Not even mail ,the faxing as well also would be more affective , lets DOL Secretary office runs out of fax paper . Lets write 10s-100s letters /faxes every day. DOL has to take action against PBEC or Stefanco....PBEC is completely unfair to 100s-10000ss of individuals and families/tax payers.

PBECIsKillingMe said:
Very nice example ..... you made my day buddy !

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
5) What is our strategy for PERM- PERM is a successful effort of DOL. Asking them to stop that until all BEC cases are cleared is a risk. But at the sametime if you stop that it will bring more attention and that is waht we want.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saknia:
I agree with you. However I believe that the only glaring example of unfair treatment that you can put a finger on someone's ete and tell is PERM. You can have a successful process, but that does not mean ruin the life of people in BECs. To all fairness the PERM has to stop. I do not think it is risky.

SS administration and DOL are both govt agencies. Lets say they say people of 2001-2004 retires come and collect social security checks in 24 months and wait while we do data entries, and people from 2005 onward gets the chekc in one month. Can it happen, - No! Never!
I believe that effort to stop PERM is a very valid point and we should try our best to achieve it. It will definitely create publicity

Guys Well Done And Keep It Up

Guys

well done and please keep it up . i can send 1000 letters daily . can any body attach here the letter and the fax # of all the relevant authorities

I am telling you guys from a very reliable sources that nothing is going to be happen in PBEC in future untill we do something

As i said before i am in touch some very well known attronies in their view if this bullshit continue Pbec will never come out from this mess

If you guys read all the messages we have had been hearing tis bullshit that by this date this will happen by that date that will happen in fact nothing has happen
When i talk to my freinds in my company they are ready to do everything to come out from this never ending hell

Please any body here who could darft a nice lette and guide us where to send this letter i mean either email or fax or mailing address

I agree too

tanveer666 said:
Guys

well done and please keep it up . i can send 1000 letters daily . can any body attach here the letter and the fax # of all the relevant authorities

I am telling you guys from a very reliable sources that nothing is going to be happen in PBEC in future untill we do something

As i said before i am in touch some very well known attronies in their view if this bullshit continue Pbec will never come out from this mess

If you guys read all the messages we have had been hearing tis bullshit that by this date this will happen by that date that will happen in fact nothing has happen
When i talk to my freinds in my company they are ready to do everything to come out from this never ending hell

Please any body here who could darft a nice lette and guide us where to send this letter i mean either email or fax or mailing address

Tanveer
I agree too, we need to send out letters to DOL telling them about our worst situtation due to PBEC.
Tanveer can you please send me your phone number we have talked before and somehow I have lost you number.

Thanks

Go PERM - Don't live in fools paradise

I have already given up on PBEC and going PERM.
We should have gone PERM when it started in March 2005. By now, we would even have I-140 approved. Those with EB2, would be close to getting the GC. But we are still waiting for PBEC. Hardest thing is to change - and we don't want to change.

"IF YOU KEEP ON DOING WHAT YOU HAVE ALWAYS DONE, YOU WILL KEEP ON GETTING WHAT YOU HAVE ALWAYS GOTTEN"
(My 2 cents - I do accept checks ;-))

Enough time wasted on PBEC already.
See you guys in PERM forum.

tanveer666 said:
Guys

Going PERM!

Msabir. Best of luck. Please do nbot get me wrong, but not everyone may not be in your position to apply for PERM. Some day you might laugh at a person seeing him wearing a underware, and the reason for your laugh would be 'well I am smart and I do not wear underware anymore'.

Many of us are in 6th and 7th year of our extension, and PERM although gettting approvals is a tricky thing. Again, you cannot apply for a RIR and a PERM(I may be wrong here). You need to convert your RIR to PERM, and there you hit the BEC again(provided you try to keep your PD).

Again, do not get me wrong. We are sailing on the same river.

Still waiting 45 Days letter

Hi,

I sent an email to PBEC for 7th years extension and got a proof from PBEC on Monday. My ETA # was changed from "T-05012-" to "P-05012-" this time and more detail information in the proof, but I still haven't received my 45 Days letter. Does somebody know in this situation how long I can receive my 45 Days letter?

Thanks

hz_florida

more information p

hello every body i need the help from any one in immigration portal
my ETA# changed from T to P-**** what this mean ?
and what is the steps after i receive 45 day letter ?
what happen after i sent 45 day letter from to the labor my case will turn to immigration center or what i can do case i am now in my home country

tanveer666 said:
Guys

Please any body here who could darft a nice letter and guide us where to send this letter i mean either email or fax or mailing address

Tanveer, the point it NOT to send 1000 letters a day, actually, that would be counter-productive. The moment they realize it's mass-mailing, they'll ignore it.

However, if they receive 100 legit letters from different people, they'll HAVE TO RESPOND individually. A laywer friend of mine told me government agencies cannot ignore written letters.

Also, let's NOT HAVE A DRAFT letter. If we're good enough to have been approved for H1B, we should be able to write 3 or 4 paragraphs asking direct questions to the head of the foreign labor program.

Guys, I'm putting together an action plan for MONDAY, the 13TH.

Stay tuned, I'll post more details later tonight.

Response to Case Status inquiry

I sent a case status inquiry on Jan 23 to PBEC, clearly stating that please do not send me generic message saying that no status is available at this time. I also requested them to tell me when case status will be accessible if not now, after a year since 45 day letter was replied. I received following reply today (Surprise - Surprise!!)

Dear Requestor:

The subject case has been received by the Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center and is currently awaiting further review by a Backlog Elimination Center analyst. Due to the large volume of LC Applications currently being processed by the Backlog Elimination Center; we are unable to provide you with an exact processing time. If you need additional information, please visit the following Internet website:

http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/

There is no need to submit multiple requests. If you have not already received one, the next notices that you will receive from this office will be a 45-Day Letter and a Selection of Continuation Option letter.

If you are requesting a 7th year extension to an H-1B visa, please send an e-mail to:

h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us

Your patience is appreciated.

PHL Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center

Two things I noticed that website address of ETA is now changed and that they are recommanding to send 7th year extension screen shot request to Dallas center (!!)

'Your patience is appreciated' was indeed in Bold font (What a joke!)

I did not however, understand the case status itself. What is meant by Awaiting further review by an BEC analyst? Is my application at a point after complete data entry and before review by CO? Gurus, please respond.