Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Thanks!

Thank you for your quick reply.

njhorrors said:
to get xtension based on labor , that labor should have been filed more than 365 days ago. But if you can file 140 and get it approved before your 6th year completes. you can file for 3 yr extension based on approved 140.

PA Cases?

Then what about PA (Pennsylvania) cases?

saknia said:
VA MD states Federal is Philly iteslf. There were cases pending with them which are alaredy transfered to PHILLY before BEC was started.

So they have started with those First. Like you said they might have a combined bOX from MD & VA for SWA cases which did not reach FEDERAL at that time

Both DBEC and PBEC siad earlier that they will give priority to Federal Case with them before PBEC

This is one of the reason why they started with VA First follwoed by MD and then NY & CA

PERM or PBEC ?

saknia said:
This dpends on Visa dates mainly. Since your are EB2 ( assuming you are from India- You forget to mention this fact while asking the question) the dates are in Aug 2001. It has to move 21 Months before you apply 485.

Going by current movement for EB2 this can happen in say 4 months. Even if you keep a cushion for Apr 2001 then it will happen in 6 months

In 6 months time where your PBEC approval will be - We don't know that answer.But a wild guess can work here. Since they are in say May 2002 they have to come to May 2003 in 6 months. Not a Bad one. Even if they approve you in say 10 months from now it is still not bad.

Compare this to PERM . You will file say in Feb/ Mar 2006.

From May 2003 to Mar 2006 - There is 34 Months. For Visa dates to move there it might take 6 more months + 4 months we predicted for May 2003. So your Visa date for Perm might be current only by Jan 2007

Plus Visa dates might slow down as guys get out of PBEc and when it reaches 2005 .

Overall going by this you are better of in PBEC I think

To be on safer side - Start PERM process slowly. It might take 3 montsh till you reach the satge to file. At that point watch what PBEC is doing and do an analysis and decide

there's a lot of people asking "file PERM or keep old labor ?" ... I don't think it's an "OR" type of issue, it's not about either PERM or old labor.

you can always have BOTH running. If you have the money and your company can do the extra workload, file PERM and wait for whichever comes through first.

if you get PERM first, and you file 140 based on that, you can later file another 140 when the old labor clears ... I believe you can have multiple 140's, so in that case you would then use the oldest PD for your 485.

so I think it's a non-issue, file PERM and you'll have 2 labors to choose from.

cantstandit said:
there's a lot of people asking "file PERM or keep old labor ?" ... I don't think it's an "OR" type of issue, it's not about either PERM or old labor.

you can always have BOTH running. If you have the money and your company can do the extra workload, file PERM and wait for whichever comes through first.

if you get PERM first, and you file 140 based on that, you can later file another 140 when the old labor clears ... I believe you can have multiple 140's, so in that case you would then use the oldest PD for your 485.

so I think it's a non-issue, file PERM and you'll have 2 labors to choose from.

PERM or Labor has some more things than what is said above

1) If you are doing PERM from same compnay where you have Labor pending then it should be for a New Position different from previous one. If you have expereince in the same company then that may not count for you for the new position

2) How can one have two I 140 from same Company. If it is different Co it will work

3) There are talks sometime back about cancellation of Multiple Labor for a same person/same positions. So if anything like that get passed while you are doing the 2 labors/I140 which one will get cancelled is a question. If a Labor is cancelled even I140 approved based on that has to go

We are not Attroney's or Experts on this subject. What we say here is our opinion based on our experiences and our Friends experiences

One need to dicuss the specifics of his case with a Competent Attorney before jumping on this

Doing Homework here is good and this will help you to present your case clearly to Attirney and clarify all doubts. ( Attorney will answer only if you ask)

Hi Saknia,

I love your prompt reply for all question here. This is regarding your below
reply, what do you think the approximate time PBEC Cases will be cleared for LC 2002? What is the timeline for PBEC to cleare all cases for 2002?

saknia said:
VA MD states Federal is Philly iteslf. There were cases pending with them which are alaredy transfered to PHILLY before BEC was started.

So they have started with those First. Like you said they might have a combined bOX from MD & VA for SWA cases which did not reach FEDERAL at that time

Both DBEC and PBEC siad earlier that they will give priority to Federal Case with them before PBEC

This is one of the reason why they started with VA First follwoed by MD and then NY & CA
H

srinivas_o said:
I have a pending labor from my current employer in PBEC with a PD of June 2003. I can use this for getting 7th year extension through new employer or old employer? How I can do that exactly. Please let me know if you have the answer. Thanks.

Send a Proof of labor for 7th Year exten mail to PBEC

If your employer is willing to start PERM before you join - Do that

Use that proof and extend your H1b and do transfer at the same time with the new company

If your employer is NOT willing to start PERM before you join

Then you have to TrF your H1b now ( preferably Premium)

Then when you reach you can use any Pending labor filed for you (even if was acanclleed by your employer later) and its proof to extend h1 in New Co

adallac said:
Hi Saknia,

I love your prompt reply for all question here. This is regarding your below
reply, what do you think the approximate time PBEC Cases will be cleared for LC 2002? What is the timeline for PBEC to cleare all cases for 2002?

H

This is somthing we cannot even Guess. They have randomness. We have Guys from 2001 waiting

SWA cases not made to Regional has not been touche at all.

How much time PBEC will take for Non RIR when they are taking so much time for RIR that made to Regional is another Big Question

To Answer your question frankly - I don not know the answer nor anyone here waiting

That is one reason we all need to do something about to push PBEC to hire more people etc ( Traf mor officers from State to BEC etc)

This is a Big task - this will not happen unless you hire a Strategist like they have hired for retrogession

Is it possible to have two labor certifications with different positions and in One Company? LC was file as PERM and other is RIR?

Refiling of H1B for different positions in one Company, is that possible or not? Can it affect the LC? -> the company want to re-file H1B to different position (low position)

saknia said:
PERM or Labor has some more things than what is said above

1) If you are doing PERM from same compnay where you have Labor pending then it should be for a New Position different from previous one. If you have expereince in the same company then that may not count for you for the new position

2) How can one have two I 140 from same Company. If it is different Co it will work

3) There are talks sometime back about cancellation of Multiple Labor for a same person/same positions. So if anything like that get passed while you are doing the 2 labors/I140 which one will get cancelled is a question. If a Labor is cancelled even I140 approved based on that has to go

We are not Attroney's or Experts on this subject. What we say here is our opinion based on our experiences and our Friends experiences

One need to dicuss the specifics of his case with a Competent Attorney before jumping on this

Doing Homework here is good and this will help you to present your case clearly to Attirney and clarify all doubts. ( Attorney will answer only if you ask)

srinivas_o said:
Then what about PA (Pennsylvania) cases?

We have not seen any PA apparovals lately I think. Not many must be there for PA.

However PA also will have prioroty I think

Thanks for the reply. Is it possible to request from PBEC to transfer the case to DBEC? Is it appropriate or advisable?

saknia said:
This is somthing we cannot even Guess. They have randomness. We have Guys from 2001 waiting

SWA cases not made to Regional has not been touche at all.

How much time PBEC will take for Non RIR when they are taking so much time for RIR that made to Regional is another Big Question

To Answer your question frankly - I don not know the answer nor anyone here waiting

That is one reason we all need to do something about to push PBEC to hire more people etc ( Traf mor officers from State to BEC etc)

This is a Big task - this will not happen unless you hire a Strategist like they have hired for retrogession

adallac said:
Is it possible to have two labor certifications with different positions and in One Company? LC was file as PERM and other is RIR?

Refiling of H1B for different positions in one Company, is that possible or not? Can it affect the LC? -> the company want to re-file H1B to different position (low position)

When Company tells Labor first time ( psotion) they are saying we need to have position for which they could not find Local taalent. For that they also identify that you are the Guy who is ready to Join

Then Company grows ( because PBEC is sleeping and it 3 years now) they need to fill another position for which they do not have local talent. Again you could be the Guy with the same qualification.Expericne required for this postion should be had by you before you joined this Company ofcousre. You should qualify for this.

Old Labor will still be approved and Compnay can hire anyone for that. It belong to the company

Only where they try to substitute you for old onewhich is say eb2 and you are MS labor will ask question if you file another one now with your MS

Substantiating the Recruitment process is another Tricky thing in these cases

The asnwe ris Yes - You can file

adallac said:
Thanks for the reply. Is it possible to request from PBEC to transfer the case to DBEC? Is it appropriate or advisable?

No way and not adviseable. If you fail then you have to face the wrath of our Friendly officer at PBEC ( MR. Ste....)

liaoguoxf said:
I don't quite understand why state would matter. should cases that have already been transferred to the region with the old PHL office before BEC? then all the MD, VA cases should be in the same box??
Am I missing something? please share thoughts

my personal opinion is that state matters because they apparently assign different states to different analysts, so for example there's one analyst who certifies NY only, so there's a little FIFO queue for NY for that particular analyst. Another analyst is more familiar with VA, so he gets all VA cases, and so on. All guestimate, obviously, for we don't know for sure.

Can anybody help me to findout case status?

Here is my LC details,is there any way to know case status in PBEC?

RIR PA EB3
PD 27th Feb 2003
45 day letter sent : In Jan 2005.
ETA Case # P-04244-XXXXX
Case Status : RIR

Waiting for it since 3years... :(

surajv007,

welcome to the club my details are pretty much the same, infact we also share the same 5 digits of the P number, however my priority date is 1 year earlier than yours.

PA RIR EB3
PD February 21, 2002
45 Day - December 30, 2004
ETA - P04244-XXXXX

Waiting for LC for almost 4 years.....

My labor pain is over finally!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

PD date 06/19/2002
State VA, RIR
moved to federal in april 2004
45 day letter received 01/03/2005
45 day letter replied 01/10/2005
got a email from attorney today about approval : 01/25/2006

I thank all of you guys for posting what ever information you guys had, let's continiue this journey in the next stages.

I wish you all best of luck and hope pray for all of our approvals.

Another VA RIR June 2002 approval

june2002_labor
Registered User Join Date: Aug 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My labor pain is over finally!!!!!!!!!!

PD date 06/19/2002
State VA, RIR
moved to federal in april 2004
45 day letter received 01/03/2005
45 day letter replied 01/10/2005
got a email from attorney today about approval : 01/25/2006

I thank all of you guys for posting what ever information you guys had, let's continiue this journey in the next stages.

I wish you all best of luck and hope pray for all of our approvals.