Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Saknia, can you tell when I am getting my labor approved

Hello Saknia,

This has been a long journey now, can you share some expertise when my turn is coming for labor approval....

Thanks a lot for amazing work....

PD 03/29/2002
EB3 RIR NEW YORK
45 DAYS LETTER RECEIVED 10/15/2005
45 DAYS LETTER REPLIED 10/23/2005
CASE # P-05123-xxxxx

God bless all who been waiting in the queue

I also agree we should wait. Pls don't forget that Dec was a holiday season followed by hangover - I am hoping between now and MAY things should jump back. Let's hope for the best and see how things move up in next few weeks...

Pbec Does Not Reply Every Time

The pbec does not reply every time . My employer sent e mail twice but we did not get any reply at all . Skina Street test in u s a please give your expert opinion what is the trick to get reply from them

MD/VA is always first box to open !?

Someone commented that they always start with VA or MD. Looks like this is the case.

Guys, dont just get excited by PD of the approved case. Read the state too.
May-NY is not the same as May-VA.
May-VA may happen way before May-NY. Its all about the boxes !! not PDs.

saknia said:
srna
Registered User Join Date: Jan 2006

VA LC Approved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My LC got approved.

State VA, RIR EB3
PD 07/01/2002
RD 03/12/2004
45 Days Letter received and replied in Feb'05

tanveer666 said:
The pbec does not reply every time . My employer sent e mail twice but we did not get any reply at all . Skina Street test in u s a please give your expert opinion what is the trick to get reply from them

who knows...maybe after we replying 45Day letter..they dont want to reply..thats all... wait again for something to fly out of the black hole..!!

In my case it was to know my ETA number..I knew 45d letter is farfar way(2003 oct NY case)..so they just replied it for the H1 extn status..

Maybe ask your attorney to call them instead of emailing..but they need to be prepared for all the questions as to why they cant wait for a reply from the email etc...

Not getting a 45 day letter is half the suspense and reply the 45day letter not knowing how far the case has reached is the other half of the suspense...

After coming out of this black-hole with the labor approved and waitiing for retrogression to clear is the next suspense...

We dont need any more thriller movies for life...!!

good luck buddy...

If things r cool with your job front, just ignore that u replied any 45 letter and wait for 4 months...people r still waiting with 45d letter replied since last Feb, so you r still considered very fresh ..if they r trying to follow FIFO after 45d letters recvd cases...

But in some cases we r seeing approvals after 45 letter reply with 2-3 months, now, this calls to check our lady-luck..!! Talking of it, we wud have never gone to PBEC in first place..

Well Done Skina And Streettestinusa

Well Done Skina And Street Test In U S A

Have U Been Working For An Attroney Office

From Where Did U Get All These Information

Both Of U Are Ruling This Thred Guys If You Have Any Question Please Address Both Of These Guys I Dont Know Weather They Are Guys Or Girs

Anyways Once Again Thks For Your Services

Last edited by a moderator:
Suggestions required

Case filed in Aug 2001 MD/RIR
45 day letter replied jan 2005
I do get screenshot everytime I send an email but without status column. Lawyer says no way to get the case specific status from PBEC and wants me to wait...

How to get the status ? Need your suggestions..

Thanks in advance

why would state matter?

I don't quite understand why state would matter. should cases that have already been transferred to the region with the old PHL office before BEC? then all the MD, VA cases should be in the same box??
Am I missing something? please share thoughts
njhorrors said:
Someone commented that they always start with VA or MD. Looks like this is the case.

Guys, dont just get excited by PD of the approved case. Read the state too.
May-NY is not the same as May-VA.
May-VA may happen way before May-NY. Its all about the boxes !! not PDs.

PD 05/09/2001
EB2 RIR New York
45 DAYS LETTER RECEIVED 11/10/2005

I am in same situation as NAYAK. Corporate lawyer says there is no way to contact PBEC to get status. Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Need suggestion

Hi Gurus,

My friend applied labour along with me in June 2002 from New Jersy for Labour. I got a (45 days letter) letter from the back log center like four months back, so they replied to it . But my friend still haven't got the letter.

Our employer saying, they haven't heard anything from them(labour department). But sometimes we are not in a position to trust him. Is there any source to find out what really going on with this case. Our lawer is also not cooperating with us. He just listening to the company. What should we do now.

And some people are saying it is not necessary, they don't need to send that letter. They will directly approve the labour. Do you guys have any idea.

Any information related to this is really appreciated.

Thanks!!

GcBee

Saknia, gurus, please suggest

GCcomesoon said:
Saknia

My PD is 05/2003 , CA EB2/RIR , DOL -04/2004, 45 days received & replied in Feb 05.Looking at the approval rates from PBEC, is it worth applying for PERM now or wait for 6 more months as we might see some changes happening.

Please suggest/advice , I can act accordingly

Thanks
GCcomesoon

7th Year Extension

Hi Guys,

Any one of the Gurus here please clarify my question below.

I am in 6th year now and got a full time offer from a company and they are ready to apply through PERM. Say I got the appoval in 6 months from now and cannot apply for 485 becoz of retrogression. So, my question is Can I get 7th Year extension using the approved labor from PERM?

If anybody knows the answer, please let me know.

Thanks in Advance.

To Perm or not to Perm

Its not that Perm is a bad idea always, but the switch to Perm is laced with landmines. you have to be careful.

The most obvious questions are :

* Are you from non - retro country ? Yes ? then go for PERM.
* Are you from retro country, expecting ( not dreaming that) your labor to clear in next 6 months ? If yes, then dont go for it.
* If you are currently EB3, see if you will benefit by upgrading to EB2. Can this benefit offset the loss of OD date ? This is a little grey to explain in a few lines. But you know what I mean.
* If your case guarantees that the PD will be preserved, go for PERM !. Although this is grey area too.

Here are some of the things that we do not think about

- Time taken by employer/lawyer to file Perm. There are some stringent guidlines to be followed before you can file. This will decide what your Perm's PD is going to be. Its not going to be tomorrow.
- Lawyer's competency. Will you be the ginny pig for your Lawyer's PERM filing ? Is he doing it for the first time ? PERM has had high rejection ratio because of incorrect filing of PERM. Be careful.
- Last but not the least ..... Lawyer fee if applicable.

Looking at inside info from Aprlc, it looks like PBEC is feeling the heat of the backlog. But in their defense, they really need to get the data entry completed, before they start dealing with the approvals and their order. Once the data entry is complete, you can expect to see things falling in place, which is like 6 mnths from now. more resources will be approving cases then. Maybe some cases will be moved to DBEC for processing ..maybe.
I feel by end of 2006. almost all people affected by PBEC will be satisfied by progress in 2006. of course no one can change what happened in 2001-2005.

On a lighter note,
Sakina, you need a new web-site. www.AskSakina.com or something.
you cant be hybrid from Mars. coz only men are from there.

GCcomesoon said:
GCcomesoon said:
Saknia

My PD is 05/2003 , CA EB2/RIR , DOL -04/2004, 45 days received & replied in Feb 05.Looking at the approval rates from PBEC, is it worth applying for PERM now or wait for 6 more months as we might see some changes happening.

Thanks
GCcomesoon

365 days should be pending

to get xtension based on labor , that labor should have been filed more than 365 days ago. But if you can file 140 and get it approved before your 6th year completes. you can file for 3 yr extension based on approved 140.

srinivas_o said:
Hi Guys,

I am in 6th year now and got a full time offer from a company and they are ready to apply through PERM. Say I got the appoval in 6 months from now and cannot apply for 485 becoz of retrogression. So, my question is Can I get 7th Year extension using the approved labor from PERM?

Thanks in Advance.

GCcomesoon said:
GCcomesoon said:
Saknia

Thanks
GCcomesoon

This dpends on Visa dates mainly. Since your are EB2 ( assuming you are from India- You forget to mention this fact while asking the question) the dates are in Aug 2001. It has to move 21 Months before you apply 485.

Going by current movement for EB2 this can happen in say 4 months. Even if you keep a cushion for Apr 2001 then it will happen in 6 months

In 6 months time where your PBEC approval will be - We don't know that answer.But a wild guess can work here. Since they are in say May 2002 they have to come to May 2003 in 6 months. Not a Bad one. Even if they approve you in say 10 months from now it is still not bad.

Compare this to PERM . You will file say in Feb/ Mar 2006.

From May 2003 to Mar 2006 - There is 34 Months. For Visa dates to move there it might take 6 more months + 4 months we predicted for May 2003. So your Visa date for Perm might be current only by Jan 2007

Plus Visa dates might slow down as guys get out of PBEc and when it reaches 2005 .

Overall going by this you are better of in PBEC I think

To be on safer side - Start PERM process slowly. It might take 3 montsh till you reach the satge to file. At that point watch what PBEC is doing and do an analysis and decide

srinivas_o said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks in Advance.

Hi Srinivas

If you have any Labor applied through your current company you can use it to do an H1 Transfer cum 7th Year extension in New Company where you are joining. They can file PERM before you join so that that can be used next year for extension

sm11299 said:

VA MD states Federal is Philly iteslf. There were cases pending with them which are alaredy transfered to PHILLY before BEC was started.

So they have started with those First. Like you said they might have a combined bOX from MD & VA for SWA cases which did not reach FEDERAL at that time

Both DBEC and PBEC siad earlier that they will give priority to Federal Case with them before PBEC

This is one of the reason why they started with VA First follwoed by MD and then NY & CA

I have a pending labor from my current employer in PBEC with a PD of June 2003. I can use this for getting 7th year extension through new employer or old employer? How I can do that exactly. Please let me know if you have the answer. Thanks.

saknia said:
Hi Srinivas

If you have any Labor applied through your current company you can use it to do an H1 Transfer cum 7th Year extension in New Company where you are joining. They can file PERM before you join so that that can be used next year for extension