Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

VKM0622 said:
Hi,
I am working in small company (<5). Previously their corporate office was in Philadelphia and I was also working in Philadelphia, recently 6 months back they have moved their corporate office in Nevada.
I applied my labour in 2004 when corporate office address was Philadelphia and my labour application is with BEC Philadelphia
Philadelphia office space still exists and I am still working in Philadelphia area (at client).
I will be completing my 6 years on H1b in August 2006.
Could u guru suggest what should I do?
1) Will my BEC Philadelphia application will be ok or they will deny it because corporate place has changed.

When you reply 45 days letter be careful and reply from that office with documents pertaining to that office. If the Phone No address has changed since you applied for labor from there you need to provide proof for existence of that Office in Philly area by submitting docs liks last Rental agreement, electricty bill, State registration

2) I must apply through PERM using NEVADA office.
If I start PERM process say in February how much time will it take to apply.
Attorney please help since I am completing six years, so I want to know what to do.

PERM ad and other proces will take a month or two ( depending on spped of your attroney and Company) and then another month for your Attorney to prepare papers and file

You can file a from Nevada Perm if it is for a different position.

Depending on what is getting approved First you can use that for you to file 140 etc

Regards,
VK

VKM0622 said:
Hi,
I am working in small company (<5). Previously their corporate office was in Philadelphia and I was also working in Philadelphia, recently 6 months back they have moved their corporate office in Nevada.
I applied my labour in 2004 when corporate office address was Philadelphia and my labour application is with BEC Philadelphia
Philadelphia office space still exists and I am still working in Philadelphia area (at client).
I will be completing my 6 years on H1b in August 2006.
Could u guru suggest what should I do?
1) Will my BEC Philadelphia application will be ok or they will deny it because corporate place has changed.
2) I must apply through PERM using NEVADA office.
If I start PERM process say in February how much time will it take to apply.
Attorney please help since I am completing six years, so I want to know what to do.
Regards,
VK

Hi VKM

One more thing

You do not need this NEW Perm for 7th Year extension ( as it will no Qualify for more than 1 Year requirement)

You can use your old Labor for extending your H1b for 7th Year

Next Year you can use this PERM for extnesion. By that time you will have 140 cleared.

Since you are in 2004 it is better you prepare for PERM seriously and go for that ( provided you do that in EB2)

01/24/2006: Senate May Table Comprehensive Immigration Reform Bills As Early As February 2, Thursday

Unconfirmed sources indicate that the Senate may table this bill earlier than expected. Since there is the nightmarish Sensenbrenner border protection bill that will come up with the comprehensive immigration reform legislation, it appears that the pro-immigration forces may have to energize their forces and start working on the critical immigration legislation.

courtesy: www.immigration-law.com

EB2 being given PRIORITY

Hi Guys,

You believe it or not.. but look at the stats of previous months... You will see more number of EB2 cases being approved than EB3 cases.

No matter if it is the PBEC or PERM Centers... This whole procedure of Labor Certification is F**** up...

I have a Feb 2004 application pending at PBEC.. while DBEC is already in Mar 2004.. there is no sight of PBEC reaching that mark for another year or so. In the meantime, they will move the dates for retrogression and we all stuck at PBEC will still be waiting for our labor approvals while the numbers will be utilized by those from DBEC... (Although this is another issue)

My main concern is more approvals for EB2. Seems like this country does not need people from EB3 category that much as they need for EB2.

Because I ran out of patience for PBEC, I applied in PERM but it has been f****** 3 months and the application still says "IN PROCESS" whereas I see the EB2 people getting approved in 10 or 12 or 14 days.

VKM0622 said:
Thanks, Sakina for quick response, Can I continue with my existing labour application (BEC) or I must file PERM?

Continue with your current labor here and file PERM too. Once pERM approved decide depending on Visa Bulletin Status and decide

Is there any way to get recently updated philly files to check my LAbor status?

Is there any way to get recently updated philly files to check my LAbor status? If anybody having can you please send to e-mail: surajv007@yahoo.com.

talktome said:
Hi Guys,

You believe it or not.. but look at the stats of previous months... You will see more number of EB2 cases being approved than EB3 cases.

No matter if it is the PBEC or PERM Centers... This whole procedure of Labor Certification is F**** up...

I have a Feb 2004 application pending at PBEC.. while DBEC is already in Mar 2004.. there is no sight of PBEC reaching that mark for another year or so. In the meantime, they will move the dates for retrogression and we all stuck at PBEC will still be waiting for our labor approvals while the numbers will be utilized by those from DBEC... (Although this is another issue)

My main concern is more approvals for EB2. Seems like this country does not need people from EB3 category that much as they need for EB2.

Because I ran out of patience for PBEC, I applied in PERM but it has been f****** 3 months and the application still says "IN PROCESS" whereas I see the EB2 people getting approved in 10 or 12 or 14 days.

Hi

It is not Eb2 or Eb3 which decides approval at Labor department. it is actually RIR VS Non RIR cases. For RIR acses Recruitment process must have been completed earlier and in the case of RIR transfered to Federal an officer has verified everything at that point itself ( way back in 2002/2003) which makes it easy for PBEC officer now to approve it quickly

But in the case of Non RIR they have to do recruitment process now based on say conditions of 2001/2002 which will be difficult. For exmaple if your company has scaked some people in 2001 he has know about that while approving Company's request for Labor for hiring a talent from abraod

That is why PBEc and DBEC is approving all RIR Cases which made to Federal first and show some statistics that they cleared Backlog. In afct PBEC has approved Non RIr too as long they has been trasnfered to Federal before PBEC

For your case - Since your are 2004 ( and non RIR I guess ) it better for you to go seriously with perm than wait here.

Surajv007 said:
Is there any way to get recently updated philly files to check my LAbor status? If anybody having can you please send to e-mail: surajv007@yahoo.com.

They have stopped updating for sometime in DOL website about this. You are totally blocked out when it comes to Status with PBEC

If you are asking about approvals reported so far to compare your cases
see this thread ( if you donlt know about this before)

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=175722

VA LC Approved

My LC got approved.

State VA, RIR EB3
PD 07/01/2002
RD 03/12/2004
45 Days Letter received and replied in Feb'05

Well Done Skina

Well Done Skina You Are Very Active In This Thread
By The Way You Are A Girl Or A Guy
I Think U Are From India

Pls Keep It Up

Tanveer

Here is my Info you asked

tanveer666 said:
Well Done Skina You Are Very Active In This Thread
By The Way You Are A Girl Or A Guy
I Think U Are From India

Pls Keep It Up

Tanveer

By the way here is my info you asked for

Name : SAKNIA ( Special Alien KNowledgeable In All Subject)

Origin : Planet Mars

Specie : Not known . But think like Humans in Earth and undertand very well how people from Sun work,including PBEC Staff who got shifted from Sun to Earth recently)

Sex : Hybrid

LC for company moved to other state

I applied LC from VA, and the company moved to other state, and I am working from VA remotely. The attorney said that since my job location is still in VA, so the LC would still be OK. The LC is for working location, not for company location.

I am not sure if this is helpful for you.

saknia said:
Continue with your current labor here and file PERM too. Once pERM approved decide depending on Visa Bulletin Status and decide

Hi Saknia,

I am not trying to start an argument with you.. I understand the concept of FIFO and RIR/non RIR as well.

I have a Feb 2004 RIR application pending at PBEC and another at Atlanta PERM Center. I have been noticing that EB2 applications have been given priority.
If you check the threads in the PERM section, you will notice that most of the EB2 cases are being approved in 2-3 weeks whereas EB3 cases are more or less either "In Process" or there is no status on them.

It seems that USCIS wants more EB2 people than EB3. That is my only concern. I am in 6th year of H1 and I always fear of losing my job which eventually will lead to nullification of labor. All I want is I-140 approved so that I don't have to pay money again and again to get 1 year extensions for now.

If my PERM gets approved, I am going to give up on PBEC as I have no hope of getting that soon. I think this government is going to focus more on Retrogression than on PBEC. It is pretty much evident from the way PBEC has been functioning as compared to DBEC.

alex10dc said:
I applied LC from VA, and the company moved to other state, and I am working from VA remotely. The attorney said that since my job location is still in VA, so the LC would still be OK. The LC is for working location, not for company location.

Today I have reolied for a similar doubts on Two staes for labor ( I hink for VKN062)

Check that out

Hi,
Saknia and alex10dc thanks a lot. So I am ok as long as I work from the place where labour has been applied not moving out the company to different state.
Regards,
VKM0622
saknia said:
Today I have reolied for a similar doubts on Two staes for labor ( I hink for VKN062)

Check that out

alex10dc said:

Thanks alex10dc, my LC should not have problem due to moving out of company.

va_aug_2002 said:
Thanks StressTestinUSA.

If anybody knows any details for the following scenario, can you please share the information.

With the existing Labor pending in PBEC thru company A, can I apply new Labor (PERM /EB2/New processing date) through company B and then 140 thru Company B before joining the company B or do I have to be on Company B's H1 for either of this stages ? Once I get 140 approval from company B, can I then do h1 transfer to company B and join company B ?
Saknia, any thoughts for the question below ?

va_aug_2002 said:
Saknia, any thoughts for the question below ?

You can have another LC from Company B through PERM and even get up to I 140 while keeping the LC for Compnay A.

After you apply 485 inCompnay B you cannot opt back to old LC with Company A ( because if you get GC you can easily join Company A for that post with out their own LC)

That can go parallel. You need not join the company B technically till you have 485 approved. But some attorney's prefer you to work for at least 6 months either before or after GC approval to be on safer side