Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

I even didn't get 45-day letters yet. How can you say MD cases will be completed first. So damn PBEC!
feblc2002 said:
it looks like mine and smarthk's priority date is Feb 2002.the only difference is he's got 45 days letter in Dec 2004 and I got it in Feb 2005 though my case was received by BEC in Dec 2004.
In fact my precise priority date is Feb 20, 2002. I don't know about saknia's details.

So far I have not seen any RIR approvals from PA for 2002. Most of the 2002 approvals are from MD and VA . APRLC2002 on etime mentioned that those were tthe states first mailed the applications to BEcs.
I hope they have completed MD and VA cases and started working on other states.if that is the case smartthk can expect his case very soon.

Why?

Why I do not see a single CA regional RIR case being certified in this thread?

There are 10,000 of 'em waiting at Philly.

saknia said:
How come our case no is same as FEBLC2002 - P-04244. I was under the impression that this part of the case number is Unique for every case.

No the part of the case number that is unique to the case is the last 5 digits. The first part only pertain to the entry date of the case into the system. Hope this help.

Hi saknia,

I believe it is only the last 5 digits of the case number that are unique.

feblc2002,

My priority date is the same as yours. I hope that I hear the good news in the next couple of days. I guess once the labor gets certified, it is only a matter of changing lanes.

See you in the I-140 forums then.

Samarth

Case Number Format

Hi Jack_xie,
I am surprised by looking at your case number.It's in the Format of BEC case number.
As far as I know the case numbers before they have transfered to BEC is like
XX-XXXXXXXX. I don't know about the MD case number format before they transfered to BEC.

My case number before it went to BEC is PA-0339XXXX or P-0339XXXX
Mine is filed in PA so it has P or PA prefix.

Can you double check with the person who gave you the case n umber?

jack_xie said:
I even didn't get 45-day letters yet. How can you say MD cases will be completed first. So damn PBEC!

TechGuy said:
Why I do not see a single CA regional RIR case being certified in this thread?

There are 10,000 of 'em waiting at Philly.

Weren't there 2 approvals reported in this thread ?

DOL was very smart and compassionate. They split CA applications.
10000 goes to Dallas. 10000 goes to Phily. Wasn't that fair ?
You shouldn't unduly burden a backlog accumulation center.
Now, as it turns out CA applications that landed at Dallas
had better luck. Blockheads (DOL) !

----
PD Nov.2002 RIR CA.
'Stuck at Phily'.

I found out the case number via sending email to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US. It is auto-response. Before Nov. 17, 2005, the response indicated that my case number was T-xxxxx-xxxxx. After that date, the response indicated that my case number has been changed into P-xxxxx-xxxxx. The numbers are exactly the same. The only difference is the first letter. I don't know what is going on. Maybe PBEC is mailing my 45-day letter. I have no way to find out. My attorney, who is bloodeater, knew no more thing than I. Does anybody know how to find out what is going on? I am a bit afraid that my 45-day letter may have been missing. Lots of MD folks filing later than mine have goten their letters. Faint......

feblc2002 said:
Hi Jack_xie,
I am surprised by looking at your case number.It's in the Format of BEC case number.
As far as I know the case numbers before they have transfered to BEC is like
XX-XXXXXXXX. I don't know about the MD case number format before they transfered to BEC.

My case number before it went to BEC is PA-0339XXXX or P-0339XXXX
Mine is filed in PA so it has P or PA prefix.

Can you double check with the person who gave you the case n umber?

jack_xie said:
I found out the case number via sending email to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US. It is auto-response. Before Nov. 17, 2005, the response indicated that my case number was T-xxxxx-xxxxx. After that date, the response indicated that my case number has been changed into P-xxxxx-xxxxx. The numbers are exactly the same. The only difference is the first letter. I don't know what is going on. Maybe PBEC is mailing my 45-day letter. I have no way to find out. My attorney, who is bloodeater, knew no more thing than I. Does anybody know how to find out what is going on? I am a bit afraid that my 45-day letter may have been missing. Lots of MD folks filing later than mine have goten their letters. Faint......

Jack, the change from T to P means your case has been fully entered and your letter has been/is about to be generated, but don't worry, sometimes it takes 1 or 2 months for the letter to reach your attorney.

so relax and don't panic ... if you don't get the letter by mid-January, then ask your lawyer to contact PBEC by phone.

how to check case stauts at PBED

Could anyone please tell me how to check case status at PBED? By phone or email? I found some body can check through 7th year screen shot, if you know that, could you please tell me the link? I really what to know something about my case in the endless waiting. Thanks.

feblc2002 said:
When I checked in Mid August, the case status was 'Data Review'. When I checked back again at the end of August (after two weeks) it was 'RIR'.Both times I have checked through 7th year screen shot request.

I would assume in my case, it took approximately 3 moths from 'RIR' to 'Certiied'.

Never checked my status again after that.

prince123 said:
Weren't there 2 approvals reported in this thread ?

DOL was very smart and compassionate. They split CA applications.
10000 goes to Dallas. 10000 goes to Phily. Wasn't that fair ?
You shouldn't unduly burden a backlog accumulation center.
Now, as it turns out CA applications that landed at Dallas
had better luck. Blockheads (DOL) !

----
PD Nov.2002 RIR CA.
'Stuck at Phily'.

Those 2 approvals are for friend's friend's of someone in this forum.
No case #. Not sure if that is from Philly.

As far I can see, in JustWatching's tracker, there is only one approval for CA regional RIR case. Even, I think, that is a test case.

Please note at PBEC:

-- CA Regional RIR cases from Dec 2001 are pending.
-- maryland, Virginia, pennslyvania RIR cases beyond that date are approved

Are You Sure !!!

TechGuy said:
Those 2 approvals are for friend's friend's of someone in this forum.
No case #. Not sure if that is from Philly.

As far I can see, in JustWatching's tracker, there is only one approval for CA regional RIR case. Even, I think, that is a test case.

Please note at PBEC:

-- CA Regional RIR cases from Dec 2001 are pending.
-- maryland, Virginia, pennslyvania RIR cases beyond that date are approved

I was under impression that CA cases are from March 2002. Correct me if I am wrong.

Who says US immigration system is inefficient...see this...

GC_VETA_GADU said:
labor applied : 07/10/05 celared : 09/22/05
140 : AD 09/29/05 RD 10/21/05 cleared: ?
EAD : 09/29 RD 10/21 Cleard: 11/30/05
EAD( Wife) Cleard : 11/29/05

Please shoot me... :(

I've been waiting for my LC for 3 1/2 years and this guy has already received his EAD...this is killing me :(

Last edited by a moderator:
sick_of_waiting said:
Who says US immigration system is inefficient...see this...

Please shoot me... :(

I'm waiting for my LC for 3 1/2 years and this guy has already received his EAD...this is killing me :(

Thats why I hate and am paranoid about whole labor thing. Its just damn luck. You are not at all sure till you have physical green card in your hand. If it was sure thing (lets say DOL guarantee that labor will be cleared by 2007 USCIS guarantee EAD by 2008 and GC by 2009) I have no gripe.

I don't mind waiting, but this uncertainity is killing us.

Has anyone tried posting PBEC problems in Murthy Monday chat ? I hate when she says "we know you immigration matters", fuking hypocrite, she never mentioned anything about PBEC delay. She always talks about NIW approvals, to hell with couple of NIW approvals. Same goes with all big immigration firms including ..... ...... (you know who).
Cyrus mehta, ILW, Shusterman... write tons of articles about PERM, but when it comes to PBEC delay they have no clue.

USCISisMockery said:
Thats why I hate and am paranoid about whole labor thing. Its just damn luck. You are not at all sure till you have physical green card in your hand. If it was sure thing (lets say DOL guarantee that labor will be cleared by 2007 USCIS guarantee EAD by 2008 and GC by 2009) I have no gripe.

I don't mind waiting, but this uncertainity is killing us.

Has anyone tried posting PBEC problems in Murthy Monday chat ? I hate when she says "we know you immigration matters", fuking hypocrite, she never mentioned anything about PBEC delay. She always talks about NIW approvals, to hell with couple of NIW approvals. Same goes with all big immigration firms including ..... ...... (you know who).
Cyrus mehta, ILW, Shusterman... write tons of articles about PERM, but when it comes to PBEC delay they have no clue.

I agree with you...at least give us a timeline or something...this is supposed to be the most advanced country in the world...but you know what, I'm learning something here...if you read your H-1B approval notice, there is a note there that says that the approval notice "does not guarantee a visa and does not give you any right to enter the country"...if that is the case then what the fu*k is it...

If you ever get a UK visa, it comes with a note that the visa guarantees entry into the country...but in the US they want to leave a sword hanging over your head all the time.
I would not mind a sword of check and balance on non-immigrant status but when that sword extends for 7 or more years due to the inefficiency of the immigration system that it is not only unbearable but also unfair by any standard.

But what can we do other than bitch about this situation, call our congressmen, and senators and hope that one day this painful wait will be over.

I have invested 7 long years of my life in this process...have sacrificed my career to some extent to keep the GC process going and have let go of entrepreneurial opportunities...I hope all this wait will be worth it...

Thanks.

Labor approval just came in!

My RIR labor application was just approved yesterday!

Filed with SWA: 10 Dec 2003 (PD)
Moved to DOL: 30 Sep 2004
45-day letter: Feb 2005
Moved to Dallas BEC
Approved: 5 Dec 2005
Total time: 2 years from PD

I have added my entry to the immigration tracker at
http://www.nriweb.com/bectracker.php

My username is robin, you'll see my entry there.

USCISisMockery said:
Has anyone tried posting PBEC problems in Murthy Monday chat ? I hate when she says "we know you immigration matters", fuking hypocrite, she never mentioned anything about PBEC delay.

I tried three time to post questions about PBEC but my questions were never answered :(

Am I the Only One Now?

My PD is end of October, 2001 from Maryland. Case is still pending at PBEC.
Am I the only one that has a PD in year 2001?
Who else has a PD of year 2001 and is still waiting?

To sambha

Did you case get approved in DBEC or did you mean to say PBEC? Please do cearify that.
Thanks,
frog

7th year case status info

cantstandit said:
Jack, the change from T to P means your case has been fully entered and your letter has been/is about to be generated, but don't worry, sometimes it takes 1 or 2 months for the letter to reach your attorney.

so relax and don't panic ... if you don't get the letter by mid-January, then ask your lawyer to contact PBEC by phone.

I checked my status in August, got a reply with status as RIR. Checked yesterday all information was same but it was missing case status info. What does that mean? Now I don't know what the case status is. But I did get the reply within 24 hours.