Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Update

Hi all,

Got a call from Diane Feinstein's office and looks like their DC staff is working on our request.They are going to contact DOL/Homeland Security about this PBEC slowness.

I should be a getting another update within a week.Her staff is prompt and they are trying their best. Cannot guarantee if this would work, but atleast they are trying on our behalf.

Shall keep you all posted,
Thanks.

Even if someone makes a prediction it might not be valid in case of BEC.They have several factors as they mentioned (in one of their reason explanation of FIFO) like cases which have less questions/clarifications ??!! get processed soon.

And on the top of all these, looks like they take a bundle(s) of cases transferred from a particular regional/state center and process them.(Each region/state has several bundles)

This approach makes the other region/state applications to wait until
some of their bundles to b picked up for processing.

fl2005 said:
Can you predict how many yrs it will take to clear Labor filed in Jan 2005 at Philadelphia center? And how many yrs does it usually take for EAD after clearning LAbor?

Screen Shot

Guy's

I understand this has no relevance to the subject you guy's debating or rather sharing the information upon. But I desperately need someones attention for my plight. Please someone take a moment and let me know an email address where upon writing to will know my status. This will be a great help.

Case number is P-05032-47XXX
PD: Nov 2001
State: New York
RIR
45 Day's letter received on March 14th 05.

Cheeka said:
Guy's

I understand this has no relevance to the subject you guy's debating or rather sharing the information upon. But I desperately need someones attention for my plight. Please someone take a moment and let me know an email address where upon writing to will know my status. This will be a great help.

Case number is P-05032-47XXX
PD: Nov 2001
State: New York
RIR
45 Day's letter received on March 14th 05.

cheeka, if you read the sticky thread (FAQ), you'd find out the email address, it's H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US, but the problem is, they are NOT putting the status on the reply, as far as I know.

There have been several approvals for NY from nov/dec/oct/2001, so you'll probably be approved soon. Ask your lawyer to contact the PBEC by phone, he should be able to get the status .. who knows, your case could be closed if they have never received the reply to the 45-day letter.

good luck

fl2005 said:
Can you predict how many yrs it will take to clear Labor filed in Jan 2005 at Philadelphia center? And how many yrs does it usually take for EAD after clearning LAbor?

FL2005, I'd strongly suggest you file PERM, if possible, even paying out of your pocket. You'll have your labor cleared in much less time, plus you'll be able to extend your H1B for 3 years instead of 1 ... and the difference between your current PD and the new one is not that big in terms of filing 485/retrogression.

if you're EB2, then it's a no-brainer, talk to your lawyer.

good luck

a_to_z_gc said:
Hi all,

Got a call from Diane Feinstein's office and looks like their DC staff is working on our request.They are going to contact DOL/Homeland Security about this PBEC slowness.

I should be a getting another update within a week.Her staff is prompt and they are trying their best. Cannot guarantee if this would work, but atleast they are trying on our behalf.

Thanks.

good job, a_to_z, it won't hurt trying, let's see what comes out of it.

Cantstandit,

Appreciate your response and also understand the difficulty everyone is facing for their respective survival.

Its astonishing how come the immigration folks not realising the significance of responsiveness. Albeit my cranking or sounding philosophical is not going help anyone.

I wish you all the very best for your success in coming day's

Cheeka

found a conference call between the Liaison Committee and an organization called NAFSA that happened in September:

http://www.nafsa.org/_/Document/_/september_2005_dol_liaison.pdf

there's a few questions about the BEC's ... the award for most pathetic answer goes to:

Q - Will there be a Web site where we can check on the status of pending cases at the Backlog Reduction Centers (BRCs)?

A - Right now, there is no status information on the DOL Web site; however, it is in their long term plan.

LONG TERM ?? how difficult is it to build the website ?! we could do it in 30 minutes !

Good job a_to_z_gc !! Hope Diane's office ask some serious questions about PBEC's inefficiency so far.

Let us hope for the best !!

a_to_z_gc said:
Hi all,

Thanks.

Thanks, a_z. But why they need to contact Homeland Security. It has nothing to do with them, right?

a_to_z_gc said:
Hi all,

Thanks.

cantstandit said:
found a conference call between the Liaison Committee and an organization called NAFSA that happened in September:

http://www.nafsa.org/_/Document/_/september_2005_dol_liaison.pdf

there's a few questions about the BEC's ... the award for most pathetic answer goes to:

Q - Will there be a Web site where we can check on the status of pending cases at the Backlog Reduction Centers (BRCs)?

A - Right now, there is no status information on the DOL Web site; however, it is in their long term plan.

LONG TERM ?? how difficult is it to build the website ?! we could do it in 30 minutes !

LONG TERM ??

we get a lot of answer here only.... how long cud this LONG TERM be ..??!!

It seems DHS has overall authority in these matters.Their talking to DOL might have a quicker and meaningful effect.

Kahada said:
Thanks, a_z. But why they need to contact Homeland Security. It has nothing to do with them, right?

Labor Certification Backlog Processing Status

from http://www.immigration-law.com/

DOL has reported to the AILA that they have yet to complete full entries for entire cases, but at this time, at least, partial entries have been for all the cases so that they can provide screen shots for the H-1B 7th year extension applicants. Full entries and 45-day letters for all the cases may not be completed until June 2006. Accurate processing time reports may not be available until that time. It appears that the backlog center application waiters may need some more patience to see their cases completed

45 day letter

Finally I received my 45 day letter last month after 3 and a half years of wait.

PD - 07/22/02 (From NY)

Does any one know if I can apply for H1 extension in new company after my labor is approved and I-140 is in process?

Can I apply for 485 when visa date get current and my labor is approved but I-140 is not approved?

Please let me know if anyone knows.

cantstandit said:
FL2005, I'd strongly suggest you file PERM, if possible, even paying out of your pocket. You'll have your labor cleared in much less time, plus you'll be able to extend your H1B for 3 years instead of 1 ... and the difference between your current PD and the new one is not that big in terms of filing 485/retrogression.

if you're EB2, then it's a no-brainer, talk to your lawyer.

good luck

I cannot file through PERM as i dont have any experience with another company. I have been working in the same company since 5.5 yrs and the companys lawyer said that they cannot file my application in PERM. I have applied in EB2 category. Any ideas on processing times?

thanks

Good Job

a_to_z_gc,
You have done a wonderful job. We all thank you for contacting them. As you have mentioned , let us hope that ,this will expedite the PBEC processing. Thanks again,
GCOP

a_to_z_gc said:
Hi all,

Thanks.

fl2005 said:
I cannot file through PERM as i dont have any experience with another company. I have been working in the same company since 5.5 yrs and the companys lawyer said that they cannot file my application in PERM. I have applied in EB2 category. Any ideas on processing times?

thanks
FL2005 ..have you completed 5 + years on H-1 ? unless you are v.v.lucky at PBEC your labor will take 2+ years. to get an EAD may take upto 3- 4 years. my PD is 03/2004 and I dont have any hopes of getting GC. my advice dont make huge investments in immovable properties and be ready to move back if GC doesnt come ..

Siddharth1 said:
Asked my attorney, based in SF, if they heard anything from PBEC. They said they haven't heard anything for me or any of their other applicants. That would include one of my recently laid-off ex-coworkers who filed in June '02.

my PD: Dec '02, CA/EB3

Wonder which of these will happen first
1) Get my labour processed
2) most US troops return from Iraq
most US troops will return from Iraq

Just thought about this situation - War against Iraq, Iran and North Korea will be over and whole world will live in peace in about 2 or 3 decades. We will still wait for the PBEC mess to clear and approve our LCAs :)

Can you explain?

ekkatip said:
from http://www.immigration-law.com/

DOL has reported to the AILA that they have yet to complete full entries for entire cases, but at this time, at least, partial entries have been for all the cases so that they can provide screen shots for the H-1B 7th year extension applicants. Full entries and 45-day letters for all the cases may not be completed until June 2006. Accurate processing time reports may not be available until that time. It appears that the backlog center application waiters may need some more patience to see their cases completed

To publish the 45 day letter status BEC may wait for the completion of full data entry.

But to publish the application adjudication status, why does BEC wait for the full data entry? Cannot they come out and say we are still processing Jan 2001 RIR applications at PBEC? For that why do they need the full data entry status?

Am I missing something here?