Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

gp111 said:
I am starting this New Thread for Tracking Status of Cases in Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center (BEC).

As of Today (Nov. 1, 2004) ..

### Phily Cases have been entered in Computer Systems & Letters are expected to go out soon

### San Francisco DOL has fransferred 20K Cases to Both BEC & It has been assumed 10 K of that gone to Phily. (RIR after May 2003 & Non RIR after Oct 2003).. Letters are expected in next 60 days.

Hi, I'm having a big problem about this, i'm trying to get a letter from the DOL about my case because i need it to complete the processing of my petition from my husband but i couldnt get anything from them they said that i have towait for the 45 day letter but my case was filed last april of 2001, how come it takes too long

NJ People

I do not think 45 days letter matters. Labor approval from PBEC is the key point. Mine is a RIR/EB2 from NJ. I got my 45 days letter in June and my PD was Oct/2002. If my case was in DBEC, it should have had been approved; unfortunatelly, it stucks in PBEC. See what's going to happen? By the time we shall finally get our approvals, the VISA number for EB2 will be in retrogression. Have anyone seen any approvals from NJ SWA who's PD was in between early 2002 to early 2005? None! Yet Jersey is the state where a lot of H-1B people reside in!! Yes, we do see a lot of approvals from NJ in betweeb March 2005 and November 2005, they were via PERM.

By the way, I started my Canadian Immigration application just 11 months ago. And, I have got my approval for the Canada greet card just a couple days ago!! I did it all by myself without any attorney, it was simple and straight forward.

RJ_NJ2002 said:
Yes. I got a 45 day letter in Oct 2005.My no is T-05131-XXXXX .My priority date is 09/2002 filed from NJ under RIR. Before I got a 45 day letter, I had requested twice for a screen shot and got the screen shots also.

ariesny1 said:
Congrats Juanito and best of luck for the other steps. Can you please provide first few digits of ur case #.

Thanks

This is what I have:
P-05122-8XXXX

I haven't heard about more approvals. One friend filed 1 week after me. Will post as soon as I hear something from him.

Tried to get more information on the communication between PBEC and my Attorney's law firm.They say that they have not seen any approvals in the recent months from PBEC and are assuring that BECs will very soon !!?? be coming up with a way to update the status on a web page.They see BECs to be there for the next 5-6 years.
About PERM they are so skeptical to try on existing applications.Their selling point to my company "PERM is additional expense and has a tougher recruitment procedures."
My 2 cents..once the attorneys get comfortable with PERM they will all start recommending PERM.

Juanito said:
This is what I have:
P-05122-8XXXX

I haven't heard about more approvals. One friend filed 1 week after me. Will post as soon as I hear something from him.

Talking about immigration reforms..even the politicians who seem to understand the issues with legal immigration are clubing it with legalising illegal immigrantion.I fear this is going to make the comprehensive immigration bill in Feb a bad deal for lots of senators.
I will be meeting with our state senator's representative after the vacation (Have an appointment in Jan) and will be explaining her the PBEC mess.Hope all these meetings have some positive impact on the system.

Unexpectedly or not

Unexpectedly or not, I got a phone call from my old attorney that she received my labor approval from PBEC!

I am now feeling that I want to cry and laugh at the same time, and it is such a joke to me that I can still hear this news. What a long long story, but at this time, one week before I send in my resignation letter and relocate with my family at the end of the year, I do not need it any more. Hopefully the person who will take my position is an alien and he/she can use my labor approval before the labor substitution rule is revoked.

My attorney warned me that I might not get my labor certified right after it was sent to the MD SESA, she thought my salary was too low compared to the degree I had, and furthermore, I had not had any previous job experiences related to the current career, and it is hard to convince the SESA. After 2 years and 3 months of waiting, my labor passed thru the state level.

Then something even funnier happened: the state send my labor together with my colleague's in one envelope to Philly, and I did not get my notice from Philly for two months while my colleague did. I asked my bloodsucking lady to do an inquiry, and she almost charged me another $200/hr for this work before she got an response that, Philly found it out that mine was misplaced in my colleague's file and was simply neglected, and what is even worse is, she got this email from one authoritative person that our labor will most likely be rejected for some very silly judgement on our job advertisements. My attorney lady dropped her fee charge and started to complain together with me.

One after another, another drama was on in Feb this year, this lady closed out her business and found a USCIS job for her years before retirement, and she wanted us to find a new lawyer for our case. Why ddi I want to do this? For such a hopeless case? Dramatically, she received our 45-day letters a couple of days after her announcement, and it took our employer one month to reply them.

Again another long long waiting, and another unexpected thing happened at the end of August - my employer, when checking with PBEC about my case type, got to know that my case was sent fo final review. What a ridiculously long review process there, and I got my labor approved after more than three months of review?!

I believe that authoritative person just forgot what he said about our RIR being rejected, he can say anything any day to scare people and then he just forgot what he had said. What a nice job he is taking on and I would like to pursue his position if I can, that is too easy a job which pays him a lot, I am so jealous.

That is my long story of labor and I would like to share with you all. I will burn it in the fire when I get a hard copy and celebrate that I am finally done with it, and the burden will be on my husband's shoulders, he applied NIW three months ago, and will start his OR application ASAP after he report to his new job.

Bye everyone here, and I want to bid farewell to the studpid, lazy, and trash-like PBEC and the whole US immigration system. What is Bushit talking about recently? Guest workers visa again? For those fake cooks and motel house keepers and baby breeders who bring so many welfare children to this countries? I wish Bushit go to hell, that is all I can say.

I got a canadian permanent residency 8 years back. At that time, I had an option to choose between Canada and US. I chose US that time.

Now this sh*t PBLC sucked my wife's carrier as she can't work being an electronic engineer.

Rather than skills, you need a luck more in USA. That is what my experience in USA after 9 years.

NJ Oct02-PD said:
I do not think 45 days letter matters. Labor approval from PBEC is the key point. Mine is a RIR/EB2 from NJ. I got my 45 days letter in June and my PD was Oct/2002. If my case was in DBEC, it should have had been approved; unfortunatelly, it stucks in PBEC. See what's going to happen? By the time we shall finally get our approvals, the VISA number for EB2 will be in retrogression. Have anyone seen any approvals from NJ SWA who's PD was in between early 2002 to early 2005? None! Yet Jersey is the state where a lot of H-1B people reside in!! Yes, we do see a lot of approvals from NJ in betweeb March 2005 and November 2005, they were via PERM.

By the way, I started my Canadian Immigration application just 11 months ago. And, I have got my approval for the Canada greet card just a couple days ago!! I did it all by myself without any attorney, it was simple and straight forward.

One More Approval Again MD Feb 2002 RIR

Mesaage from another Thread

PD: February 2002
SWA: MD
Philly DOL RD: May 2004
PBEC RD: October 2004
45-Day Letter Received: February 2005
45-Day Letter Replied: March 2005
Current Case Status: Final Review

Your story sounds unbelievable! Actually most of the people have the similar situation. I guess America will go down pretty soon, just like the British's history. That is what I can think of. American people chose Bushit as their president. And then they suffer from high unemployment, high gas price., high house price etc.. What a joke! Now Bushit even talked about the legalization of "unlegal immigrants". American future is all up to the American people! But I really don't see a lot of bright there. Really! I have lost lot of chances for my job. But I can't afford lost my future for amy family since I am still young. Someday I will leave this country to Canada with my Canadian GR! Hope all you guys well in the course of geting US GR.

jiangnan said:
Unexpectedly or not, I got a phone call from my old attorney that she received my labor approval from PBEC!

I am now feeling that I want to cry and laugh at the same time, and it is such a joke to me that I can still hear this news. What a long long story, but at this time, one week before I send in my resignation letter and relocate with my family at the end of the year, I do not need it any more. Hopefully the person who will take my position is an alien and he/she can use my labor approval before the labor substitution rule is revoked.

My attorney warned me that I might not get my labor certified right after it was sent to the MD SESA, she thought my salary was too low compared to the degree I had, and furthermore, I had not had any previous job experiences related to the current career, and it is hard to convince the SESA. After 2 years and 3 months of waiting, my labor passed thru the state level.

Then something even funnier happened: the state send my labor together with my colleague's in one envelope to Philly, and I did not get my notice from Philly for two months while my colleague did. I asked my bloodsucking lady to do an inquiry, and she almost charged me another $200/hr for this work before she got an response that, Philly found it out that mine was misplaced in my colleague's file and was simply neglected, and what is even worse is, she got this email from one authoritative person that our labor will most likely be rejected for some very silly judgement on our job advertisements. My attorney lady dropped her fee charge and started to complain together with me.

One after another, another drama was on in Feb this year, this lady closed out her business and found a USCIS job for her years before retirement, and she wanted us to find a new lawyer for our case. Why ddi I want to do this? For such a hopeless case? Dramatically, she received our 45-day letters a couple of days after her announcement, and it took our employer one month to reply them.

Again another long long waiting, and another unexpected thing happened at the end of August - my employer, when checking with PBEC about my case type, got to know that my case was sent fo final review. What a ridiculously long review process there, and I got my labor approved after more than three months of review?!

I believe that authoritative person just forgot what he said about our RIR being rejected, he can say anything any day to scare people and then he just forgot what he had said. What a nice job he is taking on and I would like to pursue his position if I can, that is too easy a job which pays him a lot, I am so jealous.

That is my long story of labor and I would like to share with you all. I will burn it in the fire when I get a hard copy and celebrate that I am finally done with it, and the burden will be on my husband's shoulders, he applied NIW three months ago, and will start his OR application ASAP after he report to his new job.

Bye everyone here, and I want to bid farewell to the studpid, lazy, and trash-like PBEC and the whole US immigration system. What is Bushit talking about recently? Guest workers visa again? For those fake cooks and motel house keepers and baby breeders who bring so many welfare children to this countries? I wish Bushit go to hell, that is all I can say.

I agree with these views totally.But Canada is not a great option.You may get is fast but thats a place where you will lose almost 50% of what you earn in taxes,housing is so expensive in Toronto.(If you go further north in Canada realestate is cheaper but remember you are moving into a much colder zone than Toronto)

NO EAST or WEST, INDIA is the BEST. :D
I do have Canadian PR and no hope for US GC after 6.5 year of stay here. :rolleyes:
GCTitan said:
I agree with these views totally.But Canada is not a great option.You may get is fast but thats a place where you will lose almost 50% of what you earn in taxes,housing is so expensive in Toronto.(If you go further north in Canada realestate is cheaper but remember you are moving into a much colder zone than Toronto)

Pathetic responses, at least we shouldnt be opportunistic

If all you guys can predict the US future and downfall so remakrably then why are you guys waiting so desperately to acquire its citizenship rights? I have never seen people before in my life who are so willing to get on board a sinking ship this bad !!!
Get a life guys, and get a hold of yourself. Think before you write, and think about what it is you are saying.
We are all educated people here and we shouldnt stoop down to this level even in these times of fustration and anger.
Just a friendly advise.
frog

For people who have worked for more than 10 years in US and had made money,
India is a best option, if they do not get a GC.You can lead a royal life in India with a cheap labor to do things for you. Ofcourse, there are few things which one need to adjust to.Corruption,pollution,roads etc.

If both husband and wife are going to work, then USA is a best place to make some good money and lead a good life.If only one works in the family(that is what most of the PBLC old case people are doing now), one needs to think of each and every penny that will be spent.

Last edited by a moderator:
question

Anand_Mishra said:
NO EAST or WEST, INDIA is the BEST. :D
I do have Canadian PR and no hope for US GC after 6.5 year of stay here. :rolleyes:

How do you get a canadian PR if you live in the US. I was going to apply for that, but still have some (althought slim) hope for the US GC and thus would not like to leave my employer. Is it possible to get canadian PR and still live here? Thanks a million

You should have all the needed info in this website.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/

I think you have to reside in Canada for two continous years afrer acquiring your PR (which is provided for 5 years at a time) in order to keep it valid.
Please check the Canada immigration forums/threads for more info.

zgubi said:
How do you get a canadian PR if you live in the US. I was going to apply for that, but still have some (althought slim) hope for the US GC and thus would not like to leave my employer. Is it possible to get canadian PR and still live here? Thanks a million

Please Wakeup Philly

Dallas BEC now approving December 2003 Cases, dear Philly please wake.

gottira said:
Hi All -
My lawyer called me and informed that my Labor got approved.. FINALLY...

Thanks to all, who kept this forum alive with news, updates etc.

PD -- Dec 12 2003
RD --- Aug 2004
45 Day letter replied ---- Feb 2005
State --- OH RIR/EB3

Good luck

off topic - Canada

just a quick off-topic on Canada ... don't wanna discourage anyone applying for Canada (I'm keeping that as plan B too), but check out

http://notcanada.com/

and read the posts ... a lot of people having a tough time trying to find jobs there, especially if you're non-IT, because of discrimination and also employers requiring Canadian experience, which you won't have until you find a job !

I have a friend who moved there (he's in IT), and it was not easy for him to find a job initially (Oracle DBA), because of heavy competition (everybody thinks it's IT heaven there).

and of course, outside of Toronto, there are fewer qualified jobs too.

just my 2 cents ...

Several Regional Offices are still working and processing cases received before 3/28/2005. I was under the impression that only San Francisco, NYC, and Boston offices are working.
Check the following link -
http://www.workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/officecloses.asp

# Philadelphia Open and processing pending cases submitted before 03-28-2005

# Dallas Open and processing pending cases submitted before 03-28-2005

# Chicago Open and processing cases submitted after 03-28-2005

# Atlanta Open and processing cases submitted after 03-28-2005

letter to AILA

I sent this letter to the members of the AILA/DOL Liaison Committee, urging them to push the DOL to release information.

Please take some time to send a letter too, the more the better.

If you do send a letter, please do NOT copy/paste this text, try to rewrite in your words, so that it doesn't become a mass mailing.

---------------------

Letter to AILA Members

For AILA: Fran Berger, Dyann DelVecchio, Cheryl Lenz-Calvo, Marketa Lindt, Laura Mazel, Elissa McGovern, Rebecca Sigmund, Adan Vega, Cora Tekach (AILA National Office)

Dear XXXXXXXX,

I’m one of the 300,000 labor certification applicants backlogged at the Backlog Elimination Centers. My application was filed in XX in XXXXXX, 200X and is waiting to be processed at the Philadelphia BEC.

I’m writing to the Liaison Committee out of desperation, respectfully hoping that you (and the other members of the Liaison Committee) could help us establish a communication channel with the DOL-BEC management, because they simply refuse to answer our emails/faxes/letters, but maybe they’ll listen to the Liaison Committee.

After 1 year in operation, the BEC’s have been the cause of much pain and desperation for over 400,000 applicants and families. Their problems with FIFO processing and random adjudications are well known, but even worse is the complete lack of transparency, for they refuse to provide progress reports or any type of updates to the public.

Specifically, we’d like the Liaison Committee to ask the DOL/BEC:

- Please ask the DOL to post updates on its website

Simple data, such as:

- How many cases have been entered in the system?

- How many cases are still pending full data entry?

- How many cases have been certified so far?

- Which PD's are currently being certified at Dallas and Philly?

It would take just a couple of hours to gather that information and post on their website, providing tremendous relief for the 300,000 applicants and families.

- Why can’t the DOL create a simple web form for us to retrieve case status ?

They have already done this before, publishing a comprehensive database of pre-BEC cases on www.flcdatacenter.com/CasePerm.aspx .

Why not do the same again? It’s a very simple web application that can be done (and updated) in a few hours.

And, ultimately, as a suggestion for improving the whole process,

- Why can’t they apply the PERM software rules to BEC cases?

Essentially, BEC and PERM cases are very similar, and since BEC cases will all be eventually in a computer system, they could use PERM logic to approve BEC cases much faster.

The AILA organization has provided such a wonderful service to the community; I sincerely hope the Liaison Committee can help us in this struggle for respect and fairness.

Thanks for your time and support,

XXXXXXXX

Probabaly this page needs to be updated.The last applications processed in Atlanta were for PD July 2003.Applications from Aug 2003-March 2005 were shipped to PBEC.

justdoit said:
Several Regional Offices are still working and processing cases received before 3/28/2005. I was under the impression that only San Francisco, NYC, and Boston offices are working.
Check the following link -
http://www.workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/officecloses.asp

# Philadelphia Open and processing pending cases submitted before 03-28-2005

# Dallas Open and processing pending cases submitted before 03-28-2005

# Chicago Open and processing cases submitted after 03-28-2005

# Atlanta Open and processing cases submitted after 03-28-2005