Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

If I remember correctly, Backlog Reduction Centers have funding for 24 months. Now more than 13 of this 24 months have already passed. I was wondering if no new funding is approved (which I do not think going to happen based on current administration priorities) what will happen to our labor certifications.

mariner555 said:
FL2005 ..have you completed 5 + years on H-1 ? unless you are v.v.lucky at PBEC your labor will take 2+ years. to get an EAD may take upto 3- 4 years. my PD is 03/2004 and I dont have any hopes of getting GC. my advice dont make huge investments in immovable properties and be ready to move back if GC doesnt come ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Let the World know!

Hi Guys,

I have been watching Backlog Center's drama since long. I know that some of the active and knowledgeable members are working very hard to find any solution. But still we have not got any direction to get justice, even on humanitarian ground. There is nobody to hear/understand our pain at BEC/USCIS. Our petitions are rejected by the court. There is nobody, nobody in this world who is interested to get us our rights except us. Nobody can pressurise/ask US authorities for this injustice. In this situation, if we make the whole world aware of our problems, it might have SOME impact.

Most of the people living in our country talk about number of H1 visas declared by US. They keep track of this number and discuss about it only. They do not know anything about what happens next once we are here. So I strongly believe that, if we make the world know about all these injustices, it might draw attention of US authorities, who claim that US is a free country.

To achieve this, we need to send letters/emails to editors of all the prominent news papers, media people, any means of communication to people like TV, radio etc of outside US. Everyday, we receive/send some funny emails from and to our friends. So consider few more in it.

I am not a good writer but I know there are some good knowledgeable writers in this forum. If they come forward and draft this information with all detailed statistics, we can start sending letters/emails to the world.

Please think ten times about this. Let the world know about what we have been suffering here.

These are just my 2 cents.

What do you think?

Good news for NJ 06/2002 waiting ...

gcislife
Registered User Join Date: Oct 2004

Swa - NJ - EB3 - RIR
PD - 06/13/2002
RD - no transfer
45 Day letter recd - 10/26/05
Case No - P-05144-xxxxx (08/15/05)
Approved

Another Approval - NY-June 2002-EB3

Messgae from gcislife

Swa - NJ - EB3 - RIR
PD - 06/13/2002
RD - no transfer
Approved

PBPC Labor Certification status

According to Immigrationlaw website,we need to wait till June 2006,before our
labor cases start getting approved from Philiadelphia Backlog Production Center.(PBPC)

"DOL has reported to the AILA that they have yet to complete full entries for entire cases, but at this time, at least, partial entries have been for all the cases so that they can provide screen shots for the H-1B 7th year extension applicants. Full entries and 45-day letters for all the cases may not be completed until June 2006. Accurate processing time reports may not be available until that time. It appears that the backlog center application waiters may need some more patience to see their cases completed."

Hmmmm...I think we need to wait 2+ more years.....:mad:

fl2005 said:
I cannot file through PERM as i dont have any experience with another company. I have been working in the same company since 5.5 yrs and the companys lawyer said that they cannot file my application in PERM. I have applied in EB2 category. Any ideas on processing times?

thanks

I am in the same situation FL2005....March 2005 PD...Company won't file PERM...
Received an e-mail from company laywers with the following information included....

"The Backlog Centers have been working on RIR and traditional cases where recruitment was completed previously and no further recruitment was required. They are not yet in a position to process applications that will require supervised recruitment. In the upcoming months, they will be establishing systems to be able to process these types of applications. The goal of the DOL is to process all of the applications pending with the Backlog Centers by approximately September 2007."

NoMoreSilence said:
Hi Guys,

I have been watching Backlog Center's drama since long. I know that some of the active and knowledgeable members are working very hard to find any solution. But still we have not got any direction to get justice, even on humanitarian ground. There is nobody to hear/understand our pain at BEC/USCIS. Our petitions are rejected by the court. There is nobody, nobody in this world who is interested to get us our rights except us. Nobody can pressurise/ask US authorities for this injustice. In this situation, if we make the whole world aware of our problems, it might have SOME impact.

Most of the people living in our country talk about number of H1 visas declared by US. They keep track of this number and discuss about it only. They do not know anything about what happens next once we are here. So I strongly believe that, if we make the world know about all these injustices, it might draw attention of US authorities, who claim that US is a free country.

To achieve this, we need to send letters/emails to editors of all the prominent news papers, media people, any means of communication to people like TV, radio etc of outside US. Everyday, we receive/send some funny emails from and to our friends. So consider few more in it.

I am not a good writer but I know there are some good knowledgeable writers in this forum. If they come forward and draft this information with all detailed statistics, we can start sending letters/emails to the world.

Please think ten times about this. Let the world know about what we have been suffering here.

What do you think?
it is a good idea. I think we should do whatever it takes especially if all it requires is time (and not much money). A good place to start is to send emails to Indian newspapers like TOI, Indian express etc etc. atleast we can inform people back in India who still may be paying lakhs to come and settle in USA and that inform them that Country of immigrants is getting a failing grade in welcoming new immigrants. who knows the US ambassador in India may read the negative publicity and then start pushing the DOL to improve efficiency at PBEC :)

NoMoreSilence said:
Hi Guys,

What do you think?

We all know that we are going thru hell, but it is in the least interest of the US Govt and the politicians to show interest in the operations of DOL. It might be even below their last priority list. H1 is for 6yrs and immigration in the US is only a privilege and not a right for us. If u look thru anti immigration websites like visanumbers.com u will know how much of anti immigration is there around. They dont want any more H1's in the country and making a big noise about it. The talks in the Capitol Hill is about these issues whether to raise H1 quota or not..talking about EB visa numbers and how we are taking away their jobs..So lets be practical, I know its very frustrating. We are in times we need to choose between hanging in on packing back..

Its just we are the most unfortunate guys hanging around here religiuosly waiting for an approval from PBEC...Smart people went in for substituted LC's and filed from areas where LCs moved fast...We were supposed to be proactive which we dint..

Not trying to dampen the spirit, but the reality is this. At this point we can tell our folks back home about the situation here and and make their career in India only.

Labor Approved...

I just got a call from my employer that my labor has got approved.
I have been waiting for this day for almost for years. I would like to thank ever one in this forum for their efforts and wish you all the best in your GC process.

It looks like they are also processing other states other than VA and MD.
Please see my details in the signature.

One More Approval Again VA/MD Feb 2002 RIR

PD: Feb 2002 ,RIR, filed in Philly
Federal Receive date: July 2004
BEC Received Date: Aug 2004
45 day letter Received: Feb 2005
45 day replied: Feb 2005
PBEC Case#: P-04244-000XX

Atleast some movements for all States. This is Good Going ( even if it is slow)

Hi FEBLC2002

Congrats Buddy!!!!

Did you check you status any time in the past few months. If so what was your last status. Just trying to get a feel on the dates

Thanks Saknia

When I checked in Mid August, the case status was 'Data Review'. When I checked back again at the end of August (after two weeks) it was 'RIR'.Both times I have checked through 7th year screen shot request.

I would assume in my case, it took approximately 3 moths from 'RIR' to 'Certiied'.

Never checked my status again after that.

saknia said:
Congrats Buddy!!!!

Did you check you status any time in the past few months. If so what was your last status. Just trying to get a feel on the dates

Are you saying PBEC approved a Jun 2002 case?

Some_GreenCard said:
gcislife

Swa - NJ - EB3 - RIR
PD - 06/13/2002
RD - no transfer
Approved

Hi FEBLC2002,

Could you tell me as to what category was your labor filed in EB1, 2, or 3. My details are as follows

PA - EB3 RIR
PD - Feb 2002
RD - July 2003
45 Day - December 2004
PBEC Case - P-04244-00XXX

Guys,
Recently when i tried to check the status, I did not get the complete screen shot. I am getting only the top most section giving the general details of the case and nothing else .... Tried couple of times and both the times, the result is the same. I need to apply for my 8th year now.. Anybody who is facing a similar issue ?

CA = EB3 RIR
PD: Dec 2001
45 Day: Feb 2005
PBEC Case: P-04322

Hi SMARTHK

samarthk said:
Hi FEBLC2002,

Could you tell me as to what category was your labor filed in EB1, 2, or 3. My details are as follows

PA - EB3 RIR
PD - Feb 2002
RD - July 2003
45 Day - December 2004

How come our case no is same as FEBLC2002 - P-04244. I was under the impression that this part of the case number is Unique for every case.

Hi smartthk

It's filed in EB3.
I have a typo in my signature. My actula federal receive date is July 2003.
I will update my signature.

samarthk said:
Hi FEBLC2002,

PA - EB3 RIR
PD - Feb 2002
RD - July 2003
45 Day - December 2004

Hi RX1234

rxs_1234 said:
Guys,
Recently when i tried to check the status, I did not get the complete screen shot. I am getting only the top most section giving the general details of the case and nothing else .... Tried couple of times and both the times, the result is the same. I need to apply for my 8th year now.. Anybody who is facing a similar issue ?

PBEC has stopped giving status Field for some time now. For 8th Yer extension all you need is a proof letter that your case is pending with PBEC. Status is not required for that.

Hi smartthk and saknia

it looks like mine and smarthk's priority date is Feb 2002.the only difference is he's got 45 days letter in Dec 2004 and I got it in Feb 2005 though my case was received by BEC in Dec 2004.
In fact my precise priority date is Feb 20, 2002. I don't know about saknia's details.

So far I have not seen any RIR approvals from PA for 2002. Most of the 2002 approvals are from MD and VA . APRLC2002 on etime mentioned that those were tthe states first mailed the applications to BEcs.
I hope they have completed MD and VA cases and started working on other states.if that is the case smartthk can expect his case very soon.

saknia said:
How come our case no is same as FEBLC2002 - P-04244. I was under the impression that this part of the case number is Unique for every case.