Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

bsun said:
My PD is end of October, 2001 from Maryland. Case is still pending at PBEC.
Am I the only one that has a PD in year 2001?
Who else has a PD of year 2001 and is still waiting?

Add me to the list and I have seen couple of more ppl in the forum with PD as 2001.

I thought you'd only get EAD upon approval of 485 ?!?! in that case, how could this guy get EAD so soon ?

Originally Posted by GC_VETA_GADU
labor applied : 07/10/05 celared : 09/22/05
140 : AD 09/29/05 RD 10/21/05 cleared: ?
EAD : 09/29 RD 10/21 Cleard: 11/30/05
EAD( Wife) Cleard : 11/29/05

case fully entered

just got a new screenshot, they've finally entered my case fully, case number changed from T to P, and other info entered too.

Now it sucks because the freakin' letter can take months to reach my attorney ... just hope the letter doesn't get lost in the mail, after all, with the PBEC, anything can happen :)

cantstandit said:
just got a new screenshot, they've finally entered my case fully, case number changed from T to P, and other info entered too.

Now it sucks because the freakin' letter can take months to reach my attorney ... just hope the letter doesn't get lost in the mail, after all, with the PBEC, anything can happen :)
Hi cantstandit,

Did you send an email to H1 7th year extension or to the status check email id? Also, did you use your work email address? I read somewhere that they stopped responding to the emails that came from yahoo,gmail etc.

Please respond.

Thanks,

NJGCMar03

Bsun- you are not alone

I am on the same boat with you.

RIR EB3
From MD
PD: Nov. 30, 2001
45-day letter replied one year ago

could you please tell me how to do sreenshot? Can you tell the web link? Thanks.

could you please tell me how to do sreenshot? Can you tell the web link? Thanks.

cantstandit said:

cwei said:
send email to H1B7YR [H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US] with your case information and get the snapshot. I did it 3 months back, got reply with status as RIR and yesterday emailed again got reply with no status info....confused with my case status. Though the reply was within 24 hrs.

No

cantstandit said:
I thought you'd only get EAD upon approval of 485 ?!?! in that case, how could this guy get EAD so soon ?

Originally Posted by GC_VETA_GADU
labor applied : 07/10/05 celared : 09/22/05
140 : AD 09/29/05 RD 10/21/05 cleared: ?
EAD : 09/29 RD 10/21 Cleard: 11/30/05
EAD( Wife) Cleard : 11/29/05

When you file I485 you need to file EAD and AP also with it.

You will get EAD and AP after three months(roughly) from file date.

Hope i answer your question.

how about I am not 7th year H1B?

Hi:
Thanks a lot for your reply. However, I am not 7th year H1B yet, just 4th year H1B. If I email to that guy, do they will check it or still reply me? Thanks.

san27geet said:
send email to H1B7YR [H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US] with your case information and get the snapshot. I did it 3 months back, got reply with status as RIR and yesterday emailed again got reply with no status info....confused with my case status. Though the reply was within 24 hrs.

NJGCMar03 said:
Hi cantstandit,

Did you send an email to H1 7th year extension or to the status check email id? Also, did you use your work email address? I read somewhere that they stopped responding to the emails that came from yahoo,gmail etc.

Please respond.

Thanks,

NJGCMar03

hi NJ, yeah, email to h1b address. I used company email, but I don't think it matters, I once used my client's email (different from my employer's), and it worked too.

ho_jayega said:
I was under impression that CA cases are from March 2002. Correct me if I am wrong.

Please take a look at the Just watching's tracker. San Francisco DOL RIR cases from Dec 2001 are pending at PBEC.

Now PBEC is approving Dec 2003 RIR cases from others states.

What the hell is wrong with the 10000 CA cases? They all in regional level, some of them are shipped to PBEC just hours before approval. It takes 15 mins to adjudicate these kind of applications. Even if 1 person is approving CA cases, all CA cases should have been approved by now.

No FIFO. No regular predictable approvals. Just chaos.

45-day Letter

My priority date is Feb 2004, my case is in PBEC, but I still hasn't received 45-day letter, please, if somebody could tell me if this is normal, what could I do here?
Thanks.

You are not alone :)

bsun said:

I am there too.

bsun said:

MD, Sep 2001.
RIR, EB2.

Please advise ...

Friends,
My RIR labor is stuck at PBEC with a PD of June 2002. It seems like it will stay there forever. I am in my 8th year and I have been getting the extension based on this RIR labor. Also, my company is willing to sponsor my perm.

Question: Does it make sense to withdraw the RIR and apply for PERM with a PD of RIR?
The risk is that if PERM is rejected then I lose the 2002 PD and then I have to get a PERM approved by OCT 2006 (which is when my H1 expires).

Another thought that comes to my mind is ... it dosent matter even if it takes a little while to get the RIR labor from PBEC because I cannot apply for I485 and by the time my 2002 PD becomes current, I would have received the labor.

Please advise.

PBEC should start status window

Backlog centers should start status window after a year of big failure. How a person can know what happened to his/her application. They even stopped sending status on 7th year reply. WHAT THE HELL :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Pareshan4GC said:
Friends,
My RIR labor is stuck at PBEC with a PD of June 2002. It seems like it will stay there forever. I am in my 8th year and I have been getting the extension based on this RIR labor. Also, my company is willing to sponsor my perm.

Question: Does it make sense to withdraw the RIR and apply for PERM with a PD of RIR?
The risk is that if PERM is rejected then I lose the 2002 PD and then I have to get a PERM approved by OCT 2006 (which is when my H1 expires).

Another thought that comes to my mind is ... it dosent matter even if it takes a little while to get the RIR labor from PBEC because I cannot apply for I485 and by the time my 2002 PD becomes current, I would have received the labor.

Please advise.

You do NOT have to withdraw your old labor to file PERM, they can go in paralel; therefore, if your PERM is denied, you still have your old labor.

If you do clear through PERM, then the question is whether it's worthy, considering the retrogression (if you belong to a retro country). I would say, if you're EB2, then it's a no-brainer (go for PERM).

Even EB3, I'm inclined to say PERM is worth filing, because at this point of the game, chances are they'll pass laws to open more visa numbers ... even if that doesn't happen, at the bare minimum you'll be able to extend your visa for 3 years (instead of 1), while you wait for 485.

In the mean time, your old labor might clear, and you could then file again 140/485 based on your old PD.

Talk to your lawyer about it.

sophia85 said:
My priority date is Feb 2004, my case is in PBEC, but I still hasn't received 45-day letter, please, if somebody could tell me if this is normal, what could I do here?
Thanks.

With PBEC everything is normal, people with PDs of 2001 are waiting for approval while DBEC approves cases from Dec 2003 and we will soon see cases from 2004 being approved from DBEC, thats normal. PBEC is still doing data entry to generate 45 days letter thats normal. In jan it will be 1 year for me for replying 45 day letter, it feels so long I do not understand whats the use of 45 day letter.
And there is nothing you can do here, except sending emails to PBEC email address and extending your H1 year after year while PBEC sit on your application and keeps getting paid for nothing, while your lawyers keep charging you for H1B extensions and get fat (in some cases bald too) with our money.