Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

BornFree said:
MannyD

your response is probably the BEST guidence I ever received in my entire GC road trip
Thanks and Thanks a lot!!

Yes, I intent to return to India eventually for good. Say like 3 years max with GC. But the growing concerns of border security it may be hassell to have GC and live in india and come back and forth and all that..

Good luck in your journey

Even after gc, you will still need to keep coming back here to "refresh" your GC status. You seem to have an attractive offer, I would go for it if I had nothing else going on here. Just note that having a GC will immediately capture your potential employer's attention as you can be sent to the US as many times for whatever duration because you won't have any visa issues to deal with. Just something for u to keep in mind as you mentoined wanting to return after GC.

In addition, you will need to pay taxes here in US for having GC as well, thus even you;ll be in india for @3 years, you have to file taxes each year in US. :p

Siddharth1 said:
Even after gc, you will still need to keep coming back here to "refresh" your GC status. You seem to have an attractive offer, I would go for it if I had nothing else going on here. Just note that having a GC will immediately capture your potential employer's attention as you can be sent to the US as many times for whatever duration because you won't have any visa issues to deal with. Just something for u to keep in mind as you mentoined wanting to return after GC.

Only god knows when it will be approved.

BornFree said:
My PD is 0ct 2003. Only god knows when it will be approved.

Having said that, I gave myself a deadline/indication saying that it not worth waiting if the following happens "My labor is still pending and EB2 is no longer current" It appears the above scenario is fast approaching. Meanwhile, I have this good job in India and decent salary and they want me to come and start my life/work in november 2005.

I thought I can hang around here till Dec2005. Do you guys and gurus thing it is worth it or just take this good offer and move on????

Please advice so I can still remain bornfree:)

Cheers

Well, It depends. What are your choices?
First, Do you want to live rest of your life in India? If yes, then go for it. If no, then at least take the GC and then leave. That's what we (my family) are planning to do. God knows when this GC thing will happen, but some day - very soon it will happen. I am highly optimistic, but I loose hopes my self.

Second, Are u leaving the same life here as you would live in India? Don't think of Short-term, think of long-term, just because you do not have GC doesn't mean its end of the world (ofcourse it depends on so many other factors), whether your family can handle this situation (I am going through the toughest times of my life, never dreamed that coming to US would put me through such terrible pain), but who knows if i were in India, it would have been good, do you? Niether do I.

Having said that all, read today's Samachar Article, India's financial hub (Mumbai) is doomed. In the next 50 years it will be back to what is was in 16th century. Those are predictions based on what happened in the last couple of months. Before that everything seemed to be great :).

So, think of future, longer term.

7-year inquiry

Hi,

Did anyone here send email to the 7th year extension address even though it is not your 7th year of H1B?

I really want to know my case status. But I dare not send the inquiry since it is my 4th year now.

Thanks.

I will wait.

If your PD is not earlier than Dec,2001, sending email to H1 7th extension will probably return you a RIR or TR status.
My PD is Oct,2002. I will wait till Oct to fire off that email.
I'm waiting for the "Aha" moment.

dzh1234 said:
Hi,

Did anyone here send email to the 7th year extension address even though it is not your 7th year of H1B?

I really want to know my case status. But I dare not send the inquiry since it is my 4th year now.

Thanks.

dzh1234 said:
Hi,

Thanks.

Some people send those emails every week as a routine.
No wonder BEC is so slow -- they spend the whole days answering those ;)

whereismy_gc said:
Well, It depends. What are your choices?
First, Do you want to live rest of your life in India? If yes, then go for it. If no, then at least take the GC and then leave. That's what we (my family) are planning to do. God knows when this GC thing will happen, but some day - very soon it will happen. I am highly optimistic, but I loose hopes my self.

QUOTE]

just a thought ... a couple of people have mentioned getting the GC and then leave, or come back once a year ... that's a risky proposition ! you can't just come back to visit for a week and then go back to your country ... you have to live here to keep your GC, you gotta have an address here, pay taxes, etc, I think the immigration law is pretty clear about it. Whether they enforce it or not, it's another story, but I wouldn't risk losing the GC using that strategy.

just my 2 cents :)

Source Entered Incorrectly in Screenshot

Hi All:

I got my screenshot and it had the Source:"State" (Should be Region)
All other information is accurate.
My application was received by the Philadelphia Regional Office on May 12 2003 (According to the old phone system).

Iam not sure if this data entry error could delay my case processing.

Should I ask my HR/Attorney to correct this error, if so how whats the best way to correct the error?

Members provide some insight. My case details are below in signature.

Thanks

Please Do Not Do That!!!

dzh1234 said:
Hi,

Thanks.

For god's sake, please don't do that. Why in the world, would you be interested in this inquiry? People like you are wasting everyones time and resources.

I beg of everyone to stay away from this type of inquiries.
It is only meant for people who are in emergency situations.

I got my 7th yr H1-B extension w/o sending the screen shot.

PLEASE...PLEASE...PLEASE don't burden the already overloaded BEC system.

This will further delay the processing which is very very important at this point.

THANKS in advance FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Screen shots

If people are trying to Get the screen shot even its not needed for extension..It may end in delay for the peoples who needed and they may come up with a new rule and they may be to bad...

case status = certified

just sent an email to pbec and got a response in less than 5 minutes.
case status = certified :D :D :D :D
i am in shock! almost 5 years of painful/endless/stressful waiting! is it really over? wow!

My PD is NY August 2002 and I have not received any 45 day letter yet. Is this normal ? What is the latest 45 day letter issued in NY?

Congratulations...

Congrats foret1!

Take couple days off and enjoy the moment...

MD2001

foret1 said:
i am in shock! almost 5 years of painful/endless/stressful waiting! is it really over? wow!

Congrates !!

foret1 said:
Congratulations dude ...u gotta open the bottle now :) And to rest it is a positive sign !!!!!!!!!!!!!

foret1 said:

Congratulations foret1! You’re well merited. Be quick and move on to the next stage. Good Luck!

AwardMyGC

Under Final Review Now?

:p
I just got a phone call from HR and was told that my labor certification processing type has been corrected in PBEC and (cannot believe my ears) my case has just been sent for final review.

I hope she was not just trying to ask me not to bother her in the near future, and I hope all she said is true!

Anyway I am not going to send another email inquiry to verify the status right now, because I just sent one last week. I will wait till sometime in September. If I do not hear or see anything from my employer or my former attorney by then, I will try again. What another long long wait, but hopefully everything turns out to be true.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! You deserve it after such a long long wait.

foret1 said:

Can you please post your case details

jiangnan said:
:p
I just got a phone call from HR and was told that my labor certification processing type has been corrected in PBEC and (cannot believe my ears) my case has just been sent for final review.

I hope she was not just trying to ask me not to bother her in the near future, and I hope all she said is true!

Anyway I am not going to send another email inquiry to verify the status, because I just sent one last week. I will wait till in later September. If I do not hear or see anything from my employer or my former attorney by then, I will try again. What another long long wait, but hopefully everything turns out to be true.