Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

JustWatching said:
I have attached my "BPC progress report".

I have a few thoughts now that we have reached this point:

1) The last case no. is for a Washington DC case from 2002 which means it was entered at Philly. The fact that is such an old case but was entered REREREconfirms that data entry has been done in no order whatsoever.

2) I do agree that partial data entry has slowed down and that it is very close to completion. However, I don't think both BPCs will finish partial data entry at the same time. I thought some Dallas cases showed up late to the Dallas BPC so I would think they will be doing entry for a little longer.

3) I still don't know how many cases actually went to the BPCs, I have been using 360,000 but if it is more then it could be a few more weeks before they are really done.

JustWatching,
rirlaborCT,

It is very much possible that there are only 345K cases and all other numbers 360K/400K were over-estimates..

I was under the impression that after the temp entry they would be able to enforce strict FIFO.... But I read some posts in the thread in last few days that complained about screen shots for cases not having correct priority dates.....If this has happened on a large scale then again FIFO is f***ed....
Look like just to complete the temporary entry they just keyed in the name of the alien and accepted defaults for all other fields.....

Anybody getting 45-day letters please post immediately.....

BornFree said:
My PD is 0ct 2003. Only god knows when it will be approved.

Having said that, I gave myself a deadline/indication saying that it not worth waiting if the following happens "My labor is still pending and EB2 is no longer current" It appears the above scenario is fast approaching. Meanwhile, I have this good job in India and decent salary and they want me to come and start my life/work in november 2005.

I thought I can hang around here till Dec2005. Do you guys and gurus thing it is worth it or just take this good offer and move on????

Please advice so I can still remain bornfree:)

Cheers

seems that things are finally moving at pbec. many of us with old PDs are already in final review. if pbec continues working, it's quite possible they could get to your case sooner than what we thought a month ago. so if you can afford to hang around until december as you say, why not do so? if a miracle happens and they get to your case by then, you get your GC and move back home to take the new job in india. you can then come to the US once year to maintain GC status for 5 years and file for citizenship: you win on both sides. if they don't get to your case by end of december, at least you gave it a try/chance.

i guess it all depends on what your overall objective is really and what you can afford to trade off. for instance if you don't have kids born in the US, you may want to try to get that GC regardless of what so that your kid(s) don't have to go through this one day.

MannyD

your response is probably the BEST guidence I ever received in my entire GC road trip
Thanks and Thanks a lot!!

Yes, I intent to return to India eventually for good. Say like 3 years max with GC. But the growing concerns of border security it may be hassell to have GC and live in india and come back and forth and all that..

Good luck in your journey

foret1
You have a good point. But if I look at the trend, it is simply the 2001 cases are getting approved. My PD 10/2003, I anticipate at least Dec 2006 for approval. By that time mine gets approved say September 2006 and at that time I am pretty sure EB2 wont be current. I am screwed there :). Thats why I am worried to miss the good job prospectus in india

How long after 45 DL?

Does anyone have tracked the time-period to get LC approval after 45 DL responded?
Thanks
-------
PD Oct 2002
EB2/RIR/MO
45DL March05
CAse # D-05010-XXXXX
LC Status: Not known.

Review process ??

I just called PBEC and some nice lady picked the phone. I asked her I need to know the status of my case and I have a case number.To my surprise she took my case number and checked her system and then asked me my Employer name too..... and told me my case is in review process.I asked what does it mean..She said it's in process ....and I asked how much time it will take ..and she told me they are clearing 2001 cases as of now..and did'nt give any proper estimate time.

What does this review process means ?? Did any one hear this earlier ?

Thanks
SN

VA RIR EB2/06-02 PD/04-04 RD/01-24-05 PBEC Letter

Discrepancy in processing between the two centers

Its clear that Dallas BEC is processing end of 2002 and begining of 2003
applications and Philadelphia BEC is processing end of 2001 and begining
of 2002 applications.

Does anyone know, if anything is being done to reduce this huge 1 year
gap between the two centers?

Thanks

BornFree said:
foret1
You have a good point. But if I look at the trend, it is simply the 2001 cases are getting approved. My PD 10/2003, I anticipate at least Dec 2006 for approval. By that time mine gets approved say September 2006 and at that time I am pretty sure EB2 wont be current. I am screwed there :). Thats why I am worried to miss the good job prospectus in india

don't look at the trend since bec was put in place and files were transferred from regional offices and SWAs. look at the trend since pbec started working. plus, look at the trend in dbec: i am still amazed at how quick they got to 2003 already! people with 2003 are being approved in dbec. maybe the same miracle will happen in pbec too. note that i am definetely not a fan of bec and am probably one of the most frutrated and angry. but as much as i hate seeing PDs after mine being approved, at least there is some movment. again, it all comes down to what you can afford to trade off personally.

Virginia Non-RIR

My case was filed at Viginia as Non-RIR in Dec of 2002. Still I havn't received 45 days letter. Is that normal or my case got lost??? Anyone has the same situation?

mvrgopaal, we are just the same PD, status

mvrgopaal said:
I filed my labor back in 2002 march. Now I see some movement in the process.
Here is my case details.

ETA Case Number: P-04258-XXXXX
Priority Date: 03/22/2002
Business Activity: SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT AND CONSULTING
Occupation Title: Software Engineer
Occupation Code: 030.062-010
Case Received Date: 09/14/2004
Case Status: RIR

Filed in State: VA

My PD is Feb 2002, RD: Aug 2003,
case Received Date: 09/14/2004
Case Status: RIR.
I got 45 day letter Dec 2004, and u?

We can exchange info. Good luck on both of us.

Case Status

Hi All,

Gurus I need your advise...

I sent an email to the 7yr ext email id 3 weeks back and got the screenshot with Case Status as RIR. I called BEC last week and they told me it would take about 45 days in my case.
Being waiting for about 4 yrs I was little impatient so I called Roslyn today and she told me that they have everything for my case and it is waiting for Final review and if we don’t get anything in 5 months we should call her back.

- I was just wandering where the 5 months thing came from and should I send another email to 7th yr id?
- If I do so is there a way for them to find out that I have emailed them earlier?

Thanks
----------------------
PD - NOV 15 2001
State - NY
RIR
Rec and replied 45 days letter in March 05

AwardMyGC, I'll add your case as 'Final Review' case in the list. Let us know if you hear otherwise from pbec or your lawyer.

Others, please let us know if your or your friend's case reaches final review status or gets certified.

I'll update the list weekly- every Monday. Good luck to All!!

AwardMyGC said:
Hey whatheheck,

Any updates?

Thanks

AwardMyGC

be patient - your casues shud get approved much earlier

ariesny1 said:
Hi All,

I sent an email to the 7yr ext email id 3 weeks back and got the screenshot with Case Status as RIR. I called BEC last week and they told me it would take about 45 days in my case.
Being waiting for about 4 yrs I was little impatient so I called Roslyn today and she told me that they have everything for my case and it is waiting for Final review and if we don’t get anything in 5 months we should call her back.

- I was just wandering where the 5 months thing came from and should I send another email to 7th yr id?
- If I do so is there a way for them to find out that I have emailed them earlier?

Thanks
----------------------
PD - NOV 15 2001
State - NY
RIR
Rec and replied 45 days letter in March 05

My Friend,

I know ur case is very old and its only natural to get anxious. But I would advise you not send the one more mail immediately wait till Sep end and i am positive ur case will get approved by then. My gut feeling is that calling PBEC/ or emailing them too often wont help much. They are instrcuted to allow only generic questions. so they r telling us the long timeframe to be on the safeside. so hang on and you too shall pass this phase.

all the best. mine PD is 12/20/02.

whatheheck said:
AwardMyGC, no update from my side. I am planning to wait till this month and send one more inquiry email after 2 weeks.

whatheheck,

No updates from my side either. I might also send an inquiry email after couple of weeks. Good Luck!

Thanks

AwardMyGC

vine95050 said:
AwardMyGC, I'll add your case as 'Final Review' case in the list. Let us know if you hear otherwise from pbec or your lawyer.

Others, please let us know if your or your friend's case reaches final review status or gets certified.

I'll update the list weekly- every Monday. Good luck to All!!

Thanks vine95050! It'll be nice if you can put'em in a spreadsheet.
Here is some more in addition to the info that I have already posted.

Inquiry source: My attorney
Inquiry Date: July 19th 2005
Case Status: TR
Inquiry Date: August 18th 2005
Case Status: Final Review
Inquiry source: Email PBEC
Inquiry Date: August 23rd 2005

I'll keep you posted as soon as I get an update from my friend.

Thanks

AwardMyGC

ariesny1 said:
Hi All,

I sent an email to the 7yr ext email id 3 weeks back and got the screenshot with Case Status as RIR. I called BEC last week and they told me it would take abo

I know its hard to wait anymore. Wait for 2-3 weeks and then send an email. Hopefully you would hear something good.

I hear from this forum and other sources that too many inquiries may not be good - an unsolicited, but friendly suggestion!

Regarding maintaining the list on a spreadsheet, I think the list I am compiling (basically, copy and paste, no big deal!) is an informal way of looking fast at the pattern of approvals at pbec. This list is in fact, repetitive. JustWatching (on BEC Priority Date Tracker thread) is doing a fabulous job of maintaining a more organized, a more formal list in a spreadsheet. I'm sure he is taking note of the list that we are compiling.

AwardMyGC said:
Thanks vine95050! It'll be nice if you can put'em in a spreadsheet.
Here is some more in addition to the info that I have already posted.

Inquiry Date: July 19th 2005
Case Status: TR
Inquiry Date: August 18th 2005
Inquiry source: Email PBEC
Inquiry Date: August 23rd 2005

I'll keep you posted as soon as I get an update from my friend.

Thanks

AwardMyGC