Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

NY guys, no need to panick

I called my HR days ago and was told they only received several 45-day letters out of hundreds applications they filed in 2002. (I have a PD of June, 2002 with NY SWA) Among those several letters, two are from early 2002 and the rest are from Dec.2002. She did mention that they would finish all the data entry work by the end of the year as opposed to the end of Sept.

ItsTough said:
My PD is NY August 2002 and I have not received any 45 day letter yet. Is this normal ? What is the latest 45 day letter issued in NY?

PD Feb 2002
Transfer to Philly Regional May 2004
Transfer to PBEC Oct 2004
45-day letter received and replied March 2005
EB3 RIR
filed from Maryland

ariesny1
Can you please post your case details

Last edited by a moderator:
jiangnan said:
PD Feb 2002
Transfer to Philly Regional May 2002
EB3 RIR
filed from Maryland

jiangnan,

Is this correct 'Philly Regional May 2002' information.

If my assumptions are correct, you case must have transferred to philly dol on ‘2004’.

P.S. If indeed it’s ‘2002’, you should have got your GC by now. :D

Great news foret1... It has been quite a long wait for you and hope you get your next 2 stages cleared seamlessly.

Good luck !!

foret1 said:
just sent an email to pbec and got a response in less than 5 minutes.
case status = certified :D :D :D :D
i am in shock! almost 5 years of painful/endless/stressful waiting! is it really over? wow!

I am sorry, it is May 2004. I am too emotional to be accurate right now. I thought it will take much longer and maybe I will have some difficulties getting it. Actually starting the beginning of my LC filing there have been some doubts from even the attorney about whether I could get it or not. What a relief if this turns out to be true.

AwardMyGC said:
jiangnan,

Is this correct 'Philly Regional May 2002' information.

Congrats

Congratulations and Good Luck for your next stages.

foret1 said:
i am in shock! almost 5 years of painful/endless/stressful waiting! is it really over? wow!

some people are getting response to 7th yr. extension inquiry in 5 minutes. that would make me believe that its an automated process. if the bec staff was this fast at processing request, there would have been almost no backlog to start with. just a thought-:)

LC Florida said:
some people are getting response to 7th yr. extension inquiry in 5 minutes. that would make me believe that its an automated process. if the bec staff was this fast at processing request, there would have been almost no backlog to start with. just a thought-:)

It can not be done automatically. People send not formatted and not structured messages. There is a risk that you get case information of someone else if to do it automatically.

It is human based method and the idea of the system is to provide proof for 7th year extension but not to update you with the status of your case.

By sending multiple requests you dramatically slow down certification process.

Enjoy

foret1 said:

Congratulations foret1. I am happy for you.
Hope you get your hard copy soon. Please update us.
:D

PBEC Progress Review

Looking at the Q3/Q4 2001 cases being approved, it seems to me that PBEC has most likely crossed the dreaded April'01 hump.

I suspect that PBEC is somewhere in Q4'2001 - so by the end of the year they will have started Q1'2002 cases.

Overall, it appears that PBEC has sorted out the stupid 'software issue's - for now. Lets see how fast they progress.

Congrats Foret1

Great news pal! All the best for future stages...hope to join you sometime on the I-140 I-485 threads. Be kind to us when we are new there and start asking stupid questions ;) .
BTW, I don't think the H1b7yr thing is automated as we are not sending our inquiries in the same format and still getting replies. However, looking at the speed of replies, I feel that 1/2 persons have been assigned the task of replying to email inquiries full time. Although a point that can be argued upon, I do not think sending email inquiries to PBEC is drastically slowing down all of PBEC if someone has been assigned full-time to take care of this. It should only affect the people who are replying to emails.

foret1 said:

Congrats foret1 !!!! It is always nice to see someone from MD getting certified :D especially a 2001 case ! I hope the rest of us will be able to celebrate in the near future .... those of us who never made it to regional !

lets play number game

How many cases RIR/TR belong to 2002 for Philly BEC. ?
Anyone would like to take wild shot. I havent heard any of 2002 cases to be approved from Phily but looking at old posts gives me impression that we might start getting some ..hmmm let me take an optimistic look may be some time Starting Sep....

--------------------------
PD: 12/20/02 EB3/RIR/PA
RD: 08/11/03
45DL RECEIVED: 12/04
45DL REPLIED: 1/05
PBEC CASE# : P-04245-XXXXXX

What's in a name?

With your high frequency prodding, the nice ladies at PBEC might just burst out into Ila Arun's number
"Nayak nahin Khalnayak hai tu,
jaldi se aana der se jaana" -- a subtle hint indicating penalty for frequent emails.

NAYAK said:
MY case shows RIR only...I tried email 3 times this month..same info all the time...status RIR.

Doesnot look like PBEC is following any order in processing cases.

aug 17,2001 PD from MD/regional recd dec 2003/replied 45 day letter in Mar 05.

LC Florida said:
When I sent my 7th Year Extension Request, I actually wrote them a lengthy email giving details like why I am asking etc. If it is automated it should expect a standard format and the format that I sent might be a mismatch to the automated system. I got reply back in 2 hours. It is tough to find out whether it is automated or not.

Blind people fumbling in the dark

We are just fumbling around in the dark. Lots of guesses and conjectures about how things work at the Philly BRC. What's really needed is first-hand knowledge of how things work at Philly BRC, how requests for 7th year extensions are handled, how the backlogs are handled, and why things are taking so f*cking long, and what might speed things up.

There was some discussion a few months ago about helping BRC's with data entry software. Whatever happened to that?

-N

hello, I am new in this forum and wanna ask some silly questions. I have filed my LC with NY SWA in Dec 2004. Haven't received any case number, 45 day letters not reven a receipt note. My attorney told me that NY SWA may have transferred my case to Philly BEC. But not respond even on follow up letter went on Feb 2005.

Is someone here in the same situation as mine? Also who can I get my case number or PD. Also what is EB2 / EB3. Can someone take the time to explain.

Congrats jiangnan

jiangnan

Yours is probably really in Final Review. I heard from a friend of mine today morning that his is in Final Review. He filed from Maryland in Jan 2002. Until few weeks ago it was RIR.

Enjoy
mdgc2001.

jiangnan said:
PD Feb 2002
Transfer to Philly Regional May 2004
EB3 RIR
filed from Maryland

ariesny1
Can you please post your case details

Go to the old pages of this thread

You seem new to this. Go back to the previous pages in this forum and read all the postings. Its a tedious process but gives you a good idea. That is the best way.

Take Care.

lonely5 said:
hello, I am new in this forum and wanna ask some silly questions. I have filed my LC with NY SWA in Dec 2004. Haven't received any case number, 45 day letters not reven a receipt note. My attorney told me that NY SWA may have transferred my case to Philly BEC. But not respond even on follow up letter went on Feb 2005.

Is someone here in the same situation as mine? Also who can I get my case number or PD. Also what is EB2 / EB3. Can someone take the time to explain.