Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

from MA

boston_LC said:
I sure will do. My case also shows "incomplete" ...Question for you ---is your case filed from MA ? I hardly see any one here from MA....was just wondering if there is any state wise queue that PBEC has or just by PD ?

There is no statewise queue. I'm from MA with PD of 12/2003. I'm not even expecting any development before the end of next year...

Abandon all hope & enjoy the great state of massachusetts. You have red-sox and patriots for consolation if not the GC.

justdoit said:
and because of that so many people who should be eligible for 485 will suffer since DBEC approvals will take up the visa numbers - and very soon EB3 will again become 'U'.
Only I485 approval will take up visa number, not DBEC approval. EB3 is "U" now. I believe keeping it "U" probably will help people with old PD.

PBEC Processing - QuickView

Guys, there are some movements and so, I'm updating the list before Monday. I hope I update the list everyday, with tons of approvals.. Again, please add if I missed any case and good luck to all!

PBEC "Certified" or "Final Review" Cases in the last few days

RIR
jiangnan [PD: Feb 2002; FINAL REVIEW; State: MD; Regional: Yes] <- NEW
whatheheck [PD: Feb 2002; FINAL REVIEW; State: MD; Regional:?]
friend of mdgc2001[PD: Jan 2002; FINAL REVIEW; State: MD; Regional: ?] <- NEW
jjcchoi [PD: Nov 2001; CERTIFIED; State: MD; Regional: Yes]
SB (murthy site) [PD: Nov 2001; CERTIFIED; State: ?; Regional: ?]
Wash.DC(friend's) [PD: Oct 2001;CERTIFIED; State: DC; Regional: No]
GOD_BLESS_YOU [PD: Oct 2001; CERTIFIED; State: NY; Regional: ?]
rsiv [PD: Sept. 2001; FINAL REVIEW; State: MD; Regional: Yes]
greencard007 [PD: Aug 2001; CERTIFIED; State: MD; Regional: Yes]
foret1 [PD: June 2001; FINAL REVIEW -> CERTIFIED; State: MD; Regional: Yes] <- NEW
mamamiax [PD: May 2001; CERTIFIED; State: MD; Regional: Yes]
choclito [PD: April 2001; FINAL REVIEW; State DC: Regional: Yes]

Regular
AwardmyGC [PD: Sep 2002; FINAL REVIEW; State: WV; Regional: Yes] <- NEW
dcmetro22042 [PD:5/1/2003; CERTIFIED; State: MD; Region:11/23/2004]
nkvatsan [PD:12/18/2001;CERTIFIED; State: PA; Region:2/27/2004]

ICARUS, GP111, MNHRDC, GURUS - PD Change by LC Substitution before Certification?

Hello,

My LC is pending at dallas BEC with PD 3/2004.

My company has a pending LC with PD 7/2002 for an former employee at Dallas BEC. Case Status as of yesterday per HR - Data Review (Strange).

Since that employee no longer works for the company, my employer is willing to substitute me on that pending LC by submitting an Amended LC petition (ETA-750) to Dallas BEC.

With new One Employee One LC Rule, I understand that my either pending LC (with PD 3/2004) will need to be withdrawn or Dallas BEC will deny LC (PD 3/2004) application if substitution is accepted.

Questions:
- With this substitution (before certification) if allowed, will I get earlier PD i.e. 7/2002?

- I am worried though whether Dallas BEC can Reject LC substitution on OLD LC (PD 7/2002) and Cancel it since original beneficiary no longer works ANDDDDD reject my pending LC (PD 3/2004).
Can this happen? ICARUS, GP111, MNHRDC and Other GURUS please advise?

Question

I am thinking---- based on past three month pace....
Can PBEC handle 3 months cases in one month?
I ask so becuase in June05 they were dealing Apr-May01 cases; July05 they were dealing Aug01; in Sept05 they now doing Nov01 cases. Keeping this speed means they will finish all the case by the end of next year?
Am I too optimistic??

With the new rule of One Employee One LC rule, you will have to remove one of the cases which in your case should be the one with PD 3/2004 (being newer PD).

Is your case a EB2 or EB3 ?

These are solely my views so you can defer if you want to...

Answers:

1. They are planning to remove LC substitution so you should check with your lawyer on the latest amendments to the GC process. If substitution works then you can retain the old PD i.e. 7/2002.

2. Substitution means replacement of someone else's LC with yours so cancellation will not take place even though your colleague is no longer working. There will not be any pending LC since you have to remove the other application with PD 3/2004.

Hope it makes sense !!

gcformartin said:
Hello,

My LC is pending at dallas BEC with PD 3/2004.

My company has a pending LC with PD 7/2002 for an former employee at Dallas BEC. Case Status as of yesterday per HR - Data Review (Strange).

Since that employee no longer works for the company, my employer is willing to substitute me on that pending LC by submitting an Amended LC petition (ETA-750) to Dallas BEC.

With new One Employee One LC Rule, I understand that my either pending LC (with PD 3/2004) will need to be withdrawn or Dallas BEC will deny LC (PD 3/2004) application if substitution is accepted.

Questions:
- With this substitution (before certification) if allowed, will I get earlier PD i.e. 7/2002?

- I am worried though whether Dallas BEC can Reject LC substitution on OLD LC (PD 7/2002) and Cancel it since original beneficiary no longer works ANDDDDD reject my pending LC (PD 3/2004).
Can this happen? ICARUS, GP111, MNHRDC and Other GURUS please advise?

justdoit said:
and because of that so many people who should be eligible for 485 will suffer since DBEC approvals will take up the visa numbers - and very soon EB3 will again become 'U'.

I hope PBEC gets their act together. Had my case stayed in CA regional (pre BEC) I may have been in the I140 or AOS forum. My company applied 2 labor cert, the other went to DBEC but my went to PBEC. With my company having 50/50 chance of being bought I do not know what will happen. I have an approved labor (PD 2001) with previous employer and I am negotiating with them right now to continue in case something bad happens.

Its been 6 years of frustration!

Anyways, I hope God helps us all and maybe wake up one day that our cases gets certified. Good luck to everyone

when will they process CA ?

Looks like they are working mostly on MD cases. Waiting for them to move to CA. :)

Does labor substitution still allowed ?
vine95050 said:
Guys, there are some movements and so, I'm updating the list before Monday. I hope I update the list everyday, with tons of approvals.. Again, please add if I missed any case and good luck to all!

PBEC "Certified" or "Final Review" Cases in the last few days

RIR
jiangnan [PD: Feb 2002; FINAL REVIEW; State: MD; Regional: Yes] <- NEW
whatheheck [PD: Feb 2002; FINAL REVIEW; State: MD; Regional:?]
friend of mdgc2001[PD: Jan 2002; FINAL REVIEW; State: MD; Regional: ?] <- NEW
jjcchoi [PD: Nov 2001; CERTIFIED; State: MD; Regional: Yes]
SB (murthy site) [PD: Nov 2001; CERTIFIED; State: ?; Regional: ?]
Wash.DC(friend's) [PD: Oct 2001;CERTIFIED; State: DC; Regional: No]
GOD_BLESS_YOU [PD: Oct 2001; CERTIFIED; State: NY; Regional: ?]
rsiv [PD: Sept. 2001; FINAL REVIEW; State: MD; Regional: Yes]
greencard007 [PD: Aug 2001; CERTIFIED; State: MD; Regional: Yes]
foret1 [PD: June 2001; FINAL REVIEW -> CERTIFIED; State: MD; Regional: Yes] <- NEW
mamamiax [PD: May 2001; CERTIFIED; State: MD; Regional: Yes]
choclito [PD: April 2001; FINAL REVIEW; State DC: Regional: Yes]

Regular
AwardmyGC [PD: Sep 2002; FINAL REVIEW; State: WV; Regional: Yes] <- NEW
dcmetro22042 [PD:5/1/2003; CERTIFIED; State: MD; Region:11/23/2004]
nkvatsan [PD:12/18/2001;CERTIFIED; State: PA; Region:2/27/2004]

Question About Pre Approved Letter

Hi All,

My co applied for my RIR/EB2 labor in Mar 2003 from NJ and did not receive 45 Day CRNL yet.

Just today my HR lady called me and told that one labor from my company applied at priority date Aug 2001 from New Jersey is certified and received by lawyer. But as that person already got Greencard using another preapproved labor from my company, this one can be matched up with my skillset and she said if I agree then they can file for concurrent I-140/I-485 right now.

Do you see any risk, if I accept that offer. Do you know any other forum where I can ask the same question?

With such a good chance and such a cooperative HR which volunteered to help, I strongly recommend that you talk to the HR and the attorney and consider doing it. There has been a proposal now to suspend labor substitution in the future, but it has not been approved yet, so consult the attorney and act ASAP and cautiously as well.

susaninj said:
Hi All,

My co applied for my RIR/EB2 labor in Mar 2003 from NJ and did not receive 45 Day CRNL yet.

Just today my HR lady called me and told that one labor from my company applied at priority date Aug 2001 from New Jersey is certified and received by lawyer. But as that person already got Greencard using another preapproved labor from my company, this one can be matched up with my skillset and she said if I agree then they can file for concurrent I-140/I-485 right now.

Do you see any risk, if I accept that offer. Do you know any other forum where I can ask the same question?

icici

He checked the status this week. His is EB3/RIR. I don't think EB2/EB3 really matters. Yours probably be in Final Review. As somebody else suggested, wait until the last week of september and then send an e-mail to find out the status. If you don't want to send it to h1b7yr, try the status@phi.df...... e-mail. I am not sure if they respond to it.

Good Luck.
icici said:
Hi mdgc2001,

did ur friend check his status this week? Is he RIR/TR? EB2/EB3? Can you please keep us posted when he gets his approval..I'm especially intersted since my case details r very similar to his but (so far) I have helf off the urget to try and send an email to the h1b7y.

My lawyer isnt the most forthecomming person. So far, his only comments have been "No updates". (On a positive note, he atleast, DOES reply back promptly to my emails).

thanx,
icici

:(

don't know when they start processing CA cases. that's a million dollar question. on MD cases, somebody guessed that probably pbec got a lot of pressure from MD senators and congress representative, so they are processing those cases. but this is just a guess. i agree, there should be some parity between the two BECs. hopefully, they are working on that, per aprlc2002 last update.

whenwilliget said:
Looks like they are working mostly on MD cases. Waiting for them to move to CA. :)

Does labor substitution still allowed ?

CA backlog start from May 2002 !!

vine95050 said:
don't know when they start processing CA cases. that's a million dollar question. on MD cases, somebody guessed that probably pbec got a lot of pressure from MD senators and congress representative, so they are processing those cases. but this is just a guess. i agree, there should be some parity between the two BECs. hopefully, they are working on that, per aprlc2002 last update.
I think the CA backlog start from May 2002 ( My Guess), Once they reach to this month porbably we will see CA approvels.

Lets hope next motnh we may see this. :rolleyes:

kiran00 said:
Hello FORET1

May I know the email address that used to send status request to PBEC?

------------------------------------------------
Virginia/EB3/RIR/State:5-17-2002/Regional:4/3/2004/45DayLetter:12-22-2004/

H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US is the email. if you have more questions, check the "Frequently Asked Questions – BEC PROCESS FAQ" thread.

PA regional cases most unlucky one

I had my case recahed to regional on Aug'03 and when PBEC was formed PA regional office was processing 07'03 cases. My case got stuck there for 8 months and didnt move from July to aug...talk abt unlucky cases...

Hi,
anybody knows how much time it will take to reach my case to certification stage.
My details are as below:
VA, RIR
PD Dec/2002
RD July/2004

Thanks
Saggi

thanks!

thank you all for the good wishes!!!!
hope you all get past this stupid process VERY VERY VERY soon too!
i feel like a small fish in the 140/485 forums...i can't even figure out what the heck they are talking about :eek:...

susaninj said:
Hi All,

Good for you. Go with that offer from HR. Since it is from the same company and the skill set is simillar to yours there should be no problem. All the best!

The following are my Details.

VA PD - December 2002
Phily RD - May 28 2004
45 Days Letter Received - December 2004
Replied in Dec'04.

Waiting for Approval from BRC!!!

Regards,
Seth

How do you find a status of your application

Many of you guys are talking about the status like "RIR", "Final Review", etc. I was wondering where and how you get this status. My PD is of November 27th 2001