Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Another LC approval from Phi BEC

It's of my friend. She was told by her lawyer yesterday.

PD: Dec, 2001 MD, EB2/RIR
45-D letter rcvd: about Mar, 2005

That's all details I know.

mast1006 said:
Got response from our company lawyer:

"We have received seven (7) approvals from the Backlog Reduction Center -
most from April/May 2001, but one from September 2001"

Unfortunately I cannot get more detail, but I can assure you the law firm our company deals gives correct / true information. ( Its a big fish in this field)

Note: Mine is not included in this group, mine PD is 04/03.

I kind of believe that this is in line with aprlc2002's projections of PBPC working on Dec 01 cases now..

cantstandit said:
hi everyone ... can anyone share their knowledge about how the visa availability numbers work ? In the bulletins, they say it's "current" for my country (Brazil), under Employment 3rd, but I understand there's also an annual cap for visas under those categories, right ?

does "current" mean that when I get the labor certified, I can apply for 485 immediately (if it's open), and there's no "wait" ?? aren't there people from 2002, 2003, 2004 waiting ? that's what I don't get ...

tks for your input

There is a high demand for China,India and Philipines....
Rest of the world would again become current or would be better than these three....
Most likely if you are EB3 and not in Other Workers....You would be able to put in 485 immedialely after the labor .....Brazil numbers are usually not backlogged....

HopeFulorLess said:
It's of my friend. She was told by her lawyer yesterday.

That's all details I know.

thank you for sharing, hope you too will hear some good news soon. I also hope that the guys at philly are consistant in their processing so that they can avoid the PD circulation pit (like the situation in Dallas is)

gp111
isn't the visa number availabilty a quota system (per country/region)?

Hi,
Sorry to interupt the flow here...just that the info given below may help a few...
If anyone has apllied for gc with a combination of 3yr degree & experience or additional education/certification...recently there have been cases of RFEs & maybe few denials.
Rajiv will be on a conference call tomorrow - Thursday @ 1.00pm. Go to the thread below for more info:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1174813

Rgds,
LFGC

GCSyndrome said:
thank you for sharing, hope you too will hear some good news soon. I also hope that the guys at philly are consistant in their processing so that they can avoid the PD circulation pit (like the situation in Dallas is)

I guess that the PD circulation pit is unavoidable....

You see...Some cases would be over and done in the leading edge of the processing wave...Like the case is very clear and gets decision in a day....
Some cases would be held up for requests for additional info and more questions/objections.....These cases would be churn around for a few weeks(months??I dunno ..I would guess) before getting decision....

So we would see some cases held up even if the leading edge of processing
goes further 2/3(4/5??) months....Optimistically the processing would move in a range of 2/3 months...Pessimistically an year....

Gurus ...please enlighten me if I am wrong...!!!!!

As always...this is my speculation guys....

I am becoming Fandu at this.....I have now started floating theories....
:D :D :p

Last edited by a moderator:
lfgc said:
Hi,
Sorry to interupt the flow here...just that the info given below may help a few...
If anyone has apllied for gc with a combination of 3yr degree & experience or additional education/certification...recently there have been cases of RFEs & maybe few denials.
Rajiv will be on a conference call tomorrow - Thursday @ 1.00pm. Go to the thread below for more info:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1174813

Rgds,
LFGC

It depends on the wording mentioned on the LC. If your attorney mentioned Bachelor degree + any combination of education/experience may be submitted, you will have 100% chances of getting I-140 approval.

approvals

I am seeing only these approvals in other therads in Philedelphia BEC. Please add to this list if you have one.

1)
PD :10/2002 (Virginia)
Received letter from BEC in Jan
Labor Approval in 2nd week of March
It was an IT - EB2 RIR Case.

2)
PD: April 30, 2001 (Virginia)
Philly DOL 45 day letter : 25/01/2005
45 day Returned on: January 31, 2005

3)
PD April 24 2001 (Maryland)
Approval May 23 2005
NON-RIR case in Maryland.

4) PD, September 2001 got approved as per user mast1006 from his company.(RIR or TR not known)

5) One more approval

question

I think we should wait for the official release information from DOL ...
and then speculate the processing time ...

They already released the PERM4 FAQ ..
Does anyone know when they will release another FAQ for BEC ?

visa number cap

I think the cap is only for 485 apps from outside US in US consulates, or Consular Processing as it's called. If you apply for 485 within US, you shouldn't be affected. Anyway, that's what I gathered from reading the newsflash on murthy.com.

Hey...maybe you should put that experience in floating theories to work... you know, like maybe setting up shop in India and calling yourself "Immigration Consultant", advising potential "bakras" like us on how to get the GC.

Just kidding..... no offense meant.......:D.........don't shoot me please !!!

msp1976 said:
I guess that the PD circulation pit is unavoidable....

You see...Some cases would be over and done in the leading edge of the processing wave...Like the case is very clear and gets decision in a day....
Some cases would be held up for requests for additional info and more questions/objections.....These cases would be churn around for a few weeks(months??I dunno ..I would guess) before getting decision....

So we would see some cases held up even if the leading edge of processing
goes further 2/3(4/5??) months....Optimistically the processing would move in a range of 2/3 months...Pessimistically an year....

Gurus ...please enlighten me if I am wrong...!!!!!

As always...this is my speculation guys....

I am becoming Fandu at this.....I have now started floating theories....
:D :D :p
:D :D :D

msubbu said:
I think the cap is only for 485 apps from outside US in US consulates, or Consular Processing as it's called. If you apply for 485 within US, you shouldn't be affected. Anyway, that's what I gathered from reading the newsflash on murthy.com.

How did you come up with that ?

Visa Number Cap is for ALL IMMIGRANT VISA (Yes, Green Card is an Immigrant Visa). If you want to file Adjustment of Status you need an Immigrant Visa Number Available for that.

Unfortunately, you are wrong. This is what it says on Murthy.com....

----------------------------------------------
What Does this Mean for Me?

This means that, starting July 1, 2005 and continuing until more visa numbers become available, it will not be possible for persons in EB-3 (other than Schedule A) to file I-485 Applications to Adjust Status to Permanent Residence or to obtain immigrant visas at the consulates abroad.

----------------------------------------------

I wish you were right :-}

msubbu said:

Yaaa...Krik...That sounds like a sound business idea.... :D

Incidently the lawyer I have now is a IIT Bomabay MTech....Guess who got the brialliant idea and made a career switch....?? From chemical engineering to immigration law..... :D :D

Well..Sorry to other guys for the distraction...

This is a little complicated, so I’d appreciate your patience and opinions:

Employer A filed my LC-RIR in May 2002, it reached CA regional and is now with Philli BEC. But the company shut down in 2003. I then joined company B, which happens to be a parent company of A, and filed a new LC in 2004. I am essentially doing the same work and in fact I’m still in the same building.

I have no idea if 45-day letter was mailed out, since no attorney or HR available to check with. Also I know A didn’t withdraw the application, otherwise it wouldn’t get to BEC in the first place.

Since the company is gone and nobody is going to use the LC, I was just wondering if there is any way that I can somehow use it if it is approved. But first thing is, is there any legal way to continue the application in regard to the 45-day letter.

This is probably next to impossible, but given the endless waiting ahead, I’m willing to explore all options. Any thoughts? Thanks guys and good luck to us all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update on what i heard from Philly BEC

Guys, I could finally talk to a person in philly (one of the contractor who got hired) and she is good and gave some responses.

She told me that
1. currently they are spending most of their time on April 2001 cases. (it seems they are lot of cases in this time frame)
2. Only 5 persons are dedicated in approving the cases and most of them in the data entry and they are hardly approving any cases.
3. Each contractor on an average enters 30 ~ 40 applications/day
4. Also admitted that they are going at a medium pace in data entry and became better when compared to last couple of months

She also told me to give me a call every 15days so that she can update with latest news to her knowledge. I took her number.

Now question for GURUS...
How many applications are there in april 2001 RIR and NON-RIR? Probably some can write queries on database to know how many are there. from that we can calculate how much time it will take.

Also in one of my previous post i mentioned that there was an approval from philly BEC. Here are the details...

PD: 12JUL2001, RD:07NOV2003
LC Approval Date : 20MAY05
State: MD

I dont have any more details regarding this case. Please dont ask me anything.
I tried searching for this on the db but could not find any MD records with this PD. GURUS please try and let us know.

I will call the lady again on 30th June and try to get some more details. Hope she stills sits in the same extension.

raj_vagc_oct02 said:
Guys, I could finally talk to a person in philly (one of the contractor who got hired) and she is good and gave some responses.

She told me that
1. currently they are spending most of their time on April 2001 cases. (it seems they are lot of cases in this time frame)
2. Only 5 persons are dedicated in approving the cases and most of them in the data entry and they are hardly approving any cases.
3. Each contractor on an average enters 30 ~ 40 applications/day
4. Also admitted that they are going at a medium pace in data entry and became better when compared to last couple of months

She also told me to give me a call every 15days so that she can update with latest news to her knowledge. I took her number.

Now question for GURUS...
How many applications are there in april 2001 RIR and NON-RIR? Probably some can write queries on database to know how many are there. from that we can calculate how much time it will take.

Also in one of my previous post i mentioned that there was an approval from philly BEC. Here are the details...

PD: 12JUL2001, RD:07NOV2003
LC Approval Date : 20MAY05
State: MD

I dont have any more details regarding this case. Please dont ask me anything.
I tried searching for this on the db but could not find any MD records with this PD. GURUS please try and let us know.

I will call the lady again on 30th June and try to get some more details. Hope she stills sits in the same extension.

hmm...very conflicting answers from philly bec...i was able to talk to someone too today at philly bec. couldn't figure out if it was a man or woman, but he/she was very nice and patient. she took my case number, was silent a moment and i could hear her typing, then said it has been approved and i should get a letter any day now. she probably could hear the desperation in my voice and wanted to make me fell happy or maybe just wanted to nicely get rid of me...of course i didn't believe her and didn't jump up and down.

after talking to the philly beck lady/guy, i called my lawyer. he confirmed having received 5 more approvals from philly bec for 2001. he got the 5th one yesterday. he refused to give me any info on exact PD date, state, rir vs non-rir and any of the other info we crave. all i could get him to confirm is that the approval letter he got yesterday is dated may 20th. of course he said no when i asked him to contact bec and confirm if my case has indeed been approved.

anyway, to make a long story short, both raj_vagc_oct02 and i got different info from philly bec itself. and if my stupid lawyer is not lying to me, philly is approving cases unlike what the contractor told raj_vagc_oct02.

as usal, we can't get a straight story from dol. they will just feed us lies. of course i hope i am wrong, but i won't beleive anything until i see the letter myself.

ANy idea why they are not sending letters if they are approving LC. I am also thinking to call them. Whats the number ?

foret1 said:
hmm...very conflicting answers from philly bec...i was able to talk to someone too today at philly bec. couldn't figure out if it was a man or woman, but he/she was very nice and patient. she took my case number, was silent a moment and i could hear her typing, then said it has been approved and i should get a letter any day now. she probably could hear the desperation in my voice and wanted to make me fell happy or maybe just wanted to nicely get rid of me...of course i didn't believe her and didn't jump up and down.

after talking to the philly beck lady/guy, i called my lawyer. he confirmed having received 5 more approvals from philly bec for 2001. he got the 5th one yesterday. he refused to give me any info on exact PD date, state, rir vs non-rir and any of the other info we crave. all i could get him to confirm is that the approval letter he got yesterday is dated may 20th. of course he said no when i asked him to contact bec and confirm if my case has indeed been approved.

anyway, to make a long story short, both raj_vagc_oct02 and i got different info from philly bec itself. and if my stupid lawyer is not lying to me, philly is approving cases unlike what the contractor told raj_vagc_oct02.

as usal, we can't get a straight story from dol. they will just feed us lies. of course i hope i am wrong, but i won't beleive anything until i see the letter myself.