Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

You are correct. Your PD has to be earlier than the Visa number date in your EB2 or EB3

LC_HOPE said:
According to Murthy.com, excerpts,

".....Since there is no cut off date for July 2005, this means that even a priority date of January 3, 1990 will not help an EB3 person until a cut off date is established or the priority dates become current again for EB3 applicants. ....."

Does it mean i can't apply I-485 if in case my labor got approved ? Please clarify .

many thanks,

LC_hope
SWA : NY state
PD : 12/31/2001

could you please explain.
if you have a priority date before june 2002 (indian applicant)
and your labour is approved in say july 2005 do you mean you cannot apply for 1 485... when would you be able to apply then..

thanks

Approval

Sorry I was out of town, could not reply. Its Philly, VA state.

Originally Posted by mast1006
Got response from our company lawyer:

"We have received seven (7) approvals from the Backlog Reduction Center -
most from April/May 2001, but one from September 2001"

Unfortunately I cannot get more detail, but I can assure you the law firm our company deals gives correct / true information. ( Its a big fish in this field)

Note: Mine is not included in this group, mine PD is 04/03.

Pre approved LC

Can some one explain me how " PRE APPROVE LC" works.

Recently my company has outsourced our department to a big USA company. New company wants us to come on board with them and are ready to give me "PRE APPROVED LC"

I would appreciate if someone can tell what I should check on it, such PD, etc....

Thanks

rupa_gc said:
and your labour is approved in say july 2005 do you mean you cannot apply for 1 485... when would you be able to apply then..

thanks

If you are EB3, you couldn't file 485 (so no EAD, AP, nothing) till October 1st, even if your labor was applied in 1947. Now please please please don't ask how do I know I am EB3 or EB2, use your best friend google.

"visa retrogress and priority dates" is most widely explained immigration term on the web.

This thread is to discuss labor processing at Philadelphia Backlog Center and not FAQ for immigration terms.

One Sept 2001 approval.

Lawyer informed that he has received one Sept 2001(priority date) approval from Philly BEC... Cannot provide any more detail.
thanks

It was yesterday evening.

Boy, it was busy ;)
The main purpose of this chat was to get everyone to the same level.
Many things showed up during those chaotic 2 hours chat :
1. People still freak out because they havent received their 45 days letters. They don t know they are sent randomly. So people, if you havent received your 45 days letter, it s coming. DOL haven t lost your case.
2. This EB3 (and maybe EB2) retrogression is scaring everyone. I still think untill the dept of state gives us some cut off dates, there s nothing that can be done. Unfortunately, as USCISisMockery said, the chat (and BECPHIL group) is about LC only and EB2 EB3 is something to be taken into account after the LC is approved. Many people didn t get any answer to those issues. I d advise (like Mokery) to go hunt for info on the web and maybe post in another forum in this web site.
3. I am still stunned each time i see a new example of this... I noticed many people who received a 45 days letter got their attorneys mail them back to BEC almost 40 days later ! I dont know if you had a look at the letter but it can be filled in seconds and i cannot believe my eyes when an attorney takes FOURTY days to do just that. This is just ridiculous....
And this adds to my general disliking against attorneys. You paying them a great deal of money, bug them in return ! And more importantly : ask for a certified copy of every documents he filed or received. Too many people dont know what their LC application and 45 days letter look like. It s in the attorneys advantage to keep those papers for themselve, but you have the right to get a copy of them. Ask, and bug them until they give them to you. The company HR might also help out.

That's all.

Info required

Sorry for osting this in a wrong thread.... please take it easy..

Has anyone worked for or knew about the following companies...

Venus IT - www.venusit.com
Radiant IT - www.radiantinfotech.com

Looks like both are based in Tampa, Fl. Please give some deatils like how good the comapny is, how many clients they have, what is the tirn over etc... there is not much on the website..

Sorry again....

raj_vagc_oct02 said:

Looks like both are based in Tampa, Fl. Please give some deatils like how good the comapny is, how many clients they have, what is the tirn over etc... there is not much on the website..

Sorry again....

I am in Tampa since last 3-years and never heard their name.

sound like startup ...

raj_vagc_oct02 said:

Sorry again....

reply after 40 days ... that is dangerous

I cannot believe it some people let that happen ...

Do they allow to use Fedex 2nd day or UPS next day ? Then it maybe ok ...

juntha said:
It was yesterday evening.

Boy, it was busy ;)
The main purpose of this chat was to get everyone to the same level.

Many things showed up during those chaotic 2 hours chat :
1. People still freak out because they havent received their 45 days letters. They don t know they are sent randomly. So people, if you havent received your 45 days letter, it s coming. DOL haven t lost your case.
2. This EB3 (and maybe EB2) retrogression is scaring everyone. I still think untill the dept of state gives us some cut off dates, there s nothing that can be done. Unfortunately, as USCISisMockery said, the chat (and BECPHIL group) is about LC only and EB2 EB3 is something to be taken into account after the LC is approved. Many people didn t get any answer to those issues. I d advise (like Mokery) to go hunt for info on the web and maybe post in another forum in this web site.
3. I am still stunned each time i see a new example of this... I noticed many people who received a 45 days letter got their attorneys mail them back to BEC almost 40 days later ! I dont know if you had a look at the letter but it can be filled in seconds and i cannot believe my eyes when an attorney takes FOURTY days to do just that. This is just ridiculous....
And this adds to my general disliking against attorneys. You paying them a great deal of money, bug them in return ! And more importantly : ask for a certified copy of every documents he filed or received. Too many people dont know what their LC application and 45 days letter look like. It s in the attorneys advantage to keep those papers for themselve, but you have the right to get a copy of them. Ask, and bug them until they give them to you. The company HR might also help out.

That's all.

Replied 45-days letter, now what?

So far I heard that people have got 45 days letters and replied as I did last week. Have anyone got to next step after replying? I'd really appreciate if anyone will share your experence. Thanks.

EB-2 RIR, New Jersey PD Oct 2002
BPC Continuation Opt letter = receipt: 6/10/05
response: 6/10/05

NJ Oct02-PD said:
So far I heard that people have got 45 days letters and replied as I did last week. Have anyone got to next step after replying? I'd really appreciate if anyone will share your experence. Thanks.

EB-2 RIR, New Jersey PD Oct 2002
BPC Continuation Opt letter = receipt: 6/10/05
response: 6/10/05
========================================

Hi, how did you know you are in EB2? Does your form 750A or 750B tell you. All i see in my application is that my job requires 3yrs of Job related experience and 5 yrs of progressive experience and bachelor's degree. And do qualify for all these. So does it mean i will be in EB2. Please confirm. THX.

raj_vagc_oct02 said:
========================================

Hi, how did you know you are in EB2? Does your form 750A or 750B tell you. All i see in my application is that my job requires 3yrs of Job related experience and 5 yrs of progressive experience and bachelor's degree. And do qualify for all these. So does it mean i will be in EB2. Please confirm. THX.

Yeah, That Qualifies your LC as EB-2

Statistics

Hi all,

For benefit of everyone(including me),I ran few MS-Access queries on the database downloaded from "flcdatacenter.com" last year named "Perm_external_FY2004.mdb" and got following
figures:

1) Year 2001 - 12,298
2) Year 2002 - 08,297
3) Year 2003 - 20,628
4) Year 2004 - 04,019 (Since the database was not having complete 2004 figures)

These are the number of LC applications which were not "Certified" and had "Recieved
Regional Office" in the "Last Sig Event" column.

Also I found that each year around 140,000 applications are alloted to each EB category.
Remember that each nation can have a max of 7% of this figure(so around 9800) and each
member of family consumes one visa number.Kindly correct me if someone else has a better
info on the allocated visa numbers.

Hope this data gives us some idea on the approx.timeframes we should expect in this time of anxiety and uncertainity.

rupa_gc said:

thanks

rupa_gc

Dont get scared by some determental ppl, next time address you FAQ to this id gp111 who is definitely helpfull if he know the answer

EB3
Your PD: June 1 2001
Your PD:June 1 2002
your PD:June 2 2002

Visa Date = Current = All the above can apply
Visa Date = Unavailble=All the above can't apply
Visa Date =June 1 2002 = only PD June 2 2002 later can't Apply

This has no bearing for applying I-140

Last edited by a moderator: