Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Jan 2009

welst800 said:
My info:

State: NJ
Type: RIR
Case sent to NJ SWA on 3/18/2005
45-day letter: not recieved.

When should I start worrying about not getting the 45-day letter? thanks!

January 2009 !! Just a wild guess. You may be lucky to get it earlier!

ashkee said:

luckylucky said:
Still that is a very optimal esitmation. Well, I say, don't start worrying about it till Jan 2059. :)

Guys don't scare him away .... we need someone to maintain this forum 10 years from now ;)

gp111 said:
Also some general clarifications..

1) 98% of 245i cases will be the category of OTHER WORKERS.. So it will not take numbers of EB-3 which is allocated to trained workers ( most of us).

2) CP cannot be used till visa number is available.

3) As of now it is not clear that what will be the PD CUTOFF DATE once Visa Numbers will be available (Oct-2005)

GP...thanks ..it makes me feel lil better :)

luckylucky said:
Dallas is almost the end of 2002. Now Philly BEC can officially go to Hell! :mad:

Come on. If it's "at the end of 2002", then how come most of this site's participants' cases of 2002, 2001 even are not yet adjucated?

So if it's any consolation, I'm sure both BECs can go to hell ;)

chinglun said:
We are still foreigners on this land ...

If you want to stay here , you have to follow the rules ...

There is nothing we can do except wait ... :(

Thats the mentality we are trying to change here. You are legally living in a democratic country, so its your right to raise your opinion.

You can't demand LC but you can definitely demand timely processing of your application, whether you are citizen or resident here.

If you rent, you don't own the house, still nobody can remove you from that house if you are within all legal limits (paying rent, living peacefully...).
Same way if you are legal resident in US, its your right to demand sane process for your application.

Don't downgrade ourselves just because we are not citizens here. We have most rights that citizens have here. And thats how it should be.

ashkee said:

I agree with this "optimistic" guess, but can be changed if we take matter in our hand, rather than waiting miserably at mercy of DOL.

Rise and raise your dissatisfaction in any way you can, it will make difference.
Contact your local senetor, lawyer and immigration organization to start.

Once we did our part, next action is to encourage other people to do the same.

luckylucky said:
Thanks! Yes, I didn't read the news. If that is the truth, then it is too bad. I always think it is unfair to let PERM applicant file for I485 and I140 when we are stucking at the BEC. They are making each single one of us a fool. No matter EB2 or EB3, RIR or NORIR. I am sorry for the incorrect information I posted. But I wasn't post it trying to cheer people up, I thought that my reasoning was right based on my out-of-date informations.

Anyway justice would be served once EB2 retrogresses to 2002 :), then nobody could file 485 even if you get your Labor in 60 days.

Are we seriously thinking of lawsuit ? In the poll, half of the participants agreed that lawsuit is the way to go. What are your opinion guys ?
Even if we each fork 200 bucks, still we can have sizeable amout (200x150=30K) for any lawyer to be interested in our case. Rajive already explained the cost to file a lawsuit and I guess 30K is enough for something on smaller scale.

why not try perm ? you may be faster than all of us here ...

welst800 said:
My info:

State: NJ
Type: RIR
Case sent to NJ SWA on 3/18/2005
45-day letter: not recieved.

When should I start worrying about not getting the 45-day letter? thanks!

EB3 category visa numbers 'Unavailable' for all countries

prince123 said:
It seems EB3 category visa numbers are now 'unavailable' for all countries.

Can anyone please confirm this news?

regards,

AMN

RE: Can anyone please confirm this news?

CONFIRMED. This unavailability is for current fiscal year. USCIS will start releasing from Oct 1st onwards.

SRK

Hello Guys,
I agree with Juntha, people need to chill out. If you have a PD after Jun 1 2002, you weren't able to apply for 485 anyway. Plus most of us in 2003, 2004 have over 1 year left before we even hope to see an LC approval.

So why the bru-ha-ha over the Visa numbers for EB3 being unavailable until Oct 1, 2005? Not like its holding most of us back! Infact, EB3 apps from other countries will have to stop too, so hopefully they will be able to process 485 apps faster. In Oct 2005, we may see the PD move by more than a few months.

No offense to the forum, but often times I find that I am more calm when I visit the forum once in a while. There is more to life, its better to focus on living your life than worrying about something that's not in our hands. Let's try and use the forum for constructive exchange of news and status updates, and less on frustrated speculation ... Just my 2 cents :)

- Dru

juntha said:
Did everyone fall in the head today ? What the F... is going on ? It s been raining insults all freaking day between 2 morons in the Dallas forum... Now everyone s getting angry in Phily forum. What the hell is going on ?
Why dont yu all open a window (in yur house not in your computer haha) and breathe some fresh air... and maybe give a week or 2 before coming back in this forum. News won t change from Monday to Tuesday anyway and i think staying too much around this forum is intoxicating and depressing.
Chill out a little !

godamit (here we go) ... I am losing it ! lol :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Approval

Got response from our company lawyer:

"We have received seven (7) approvals from the Backlog Reduction Center -
most from April/May 2001, but one from September 2001"

Unfortunately I cannot get more detail, but I can assure you the law firm our company deals gives correct / true information. ( Its a big fish in this field)

Note: Mine is not included in this group, mine PD is 04/03.

Approval

Unfortunately I cannot get more detail, but I can assure you the law firm our company deals gives correct / true information. ( Its a big fish in this field)

dude, state and which BEC?

which state?
which BEC?

only if it's Philly tell us some thing new!

Thanks!

mast1006 said:

approvals

I am seeing only these approvals in other therads in Philedelphia BEC. Please add to this list if you have one.

1)
PD :10/2002 (Virginia)
Received letter from BEC in Jan
Labor Approval in 2nd week of March
It was an IT - EB2 RIR Case.

2)
PD: April 30, 2001 (Virginia)
Philly DOL 45 day letter : 25/01/2005
45 day Returned on: January 31, 2005

3)
PD April 24 2001 (Maryland)
Approval May 23 2005
NON-RIR case in Maryland.

4) PD, September 2001 got approved as per user mast1006 from his company.(RIR or TR not known)

which center ? dallas ?

mast1006 said:

visa numbers for other countries ?

cherrygums said:
:D. EMPLOYMENT VISA AVAILABILITY FOR JULY AND THE REMAINDER OF FY-2005

The Employment Third and Third Other Worker categories have reached their annual limits and no further FY-2005 allocations are possible for the period July through September. With the start of the new fiscal year in October, numbers will once again become available in these categories. It is not possible to make any estimates regarding potential cut-off dates at this time

:

hi everyone ... can anyone share their knowledge about how the visa availability numbers work ? In the bulletins, they say it's "current" for my country (Brazil), under Employment 3rd, but I understand there's also an annual cap for visas under those categories, right ?

does "current" mean that when I get the labor certified, I can apply for 485 immediately (if it's open), and there's no "wait" ?? aren't there people from 2002, 2003, 2004 waiting ? that's what I don't get ...

tks for your input