Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

krik said:
I remember reading on murthy.com that if you have an approved I-140 and unable to file for I-485, you are eligible to get a 3-yr extension on your H1.

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_yath1b.html for more info....

I read somewhere too that once you have an I140, you can extend h1 by 3 years.

But the question is: is this h1 extension/I140 portable? If I get I140 approval and thus applied for h1 extension, Can I then change employer before filing I-485?

With the long retrogression of EB3, I'm looking at maybe years beyond LC before I will be able to file I-485. There is no way I will survive with my current employer for that long. (I have been with them for 4 years in hope that I will have the GC straightened out!) I would like to know If I have to leave the company after I filed 140, what will happen?

eefrog said:
What I am interested in is the protability with I-140? I remeber seeing a memo from DOL on dealing with the issues of approving/rejecting I-140 when the person has moved to another job.
Can anyone shed any light on whether there is portability with approved I-140 or not.
- In simple words, can I change employers if my I-140 is approved and visa numbers are still unavailable?

NO, You cannot. AC-21 can only be used to change jobs after 180 days of I-485 filing

- Is H1 extendable based on approved I-140 and visa number unavailability?

Yes, You will get 3 year extension if Visa number is not available
Please provide your comments, if any.
frog

Also some general clarifications..

1) 98% of 245i cases will be the category of OTHER WORKERS.. So it will not take numbers of EB-3 which is allocated to trained workers ( most of us).

2) CP cannot be used till visa number is available.

3) As of now it is not clear that what will be the PD CUTOFF DATE once Visa Numbers will be available (Oct-2005)

LC substitution

lvka said:
Hi,

There is a company who had an approved LC but the original employee didn't use it for I485, if there are willing to help, can I use it as substitute?

The problem is that person already applied I140 using the LC, but he will not go ahead for I485 because his spouse get the GC now. Can I still use the LC?

Thanks

Yes. The procedure is to withdraw the approved I-140, and include copy of this withdrawl and approved LC (that you plan to use as subsitute) to your I-140 application. There are many other details which gurus or an immigration attorney can answer.

GC waiting

MDwatch said:
That's right we are under paid, over worked but the biggest issue is still our spouse not being able to work. It creates a pretty big strain on our relationship.

If they only would let them work, like they let spouse of E visa holder, it would be fine, we would be able to stand waiting that long ...

Totally agree with you! The frustration my spouse has and as a result the stress my spouse put on me is so so so huge that it almost ruins our relationship. The hopeless feeling drives me crazy and I'm sure I'm not the only one in this forum going through this kind of pain.

Correction List

If there was no correction list that came with the 45-days letter, does it mean that there was no big problem and I will just need to wait until the result comes out, either LC granted or rejected. Or, the 45-days letter only meant that the BPC just opened my case and just wanted to make sure that I am still “exist”. After they got the answer from my attorney or company, they will then start to proceed the process. Anyone who has got the 45-days letter plus correction list please share your experience. Thanks.

gp111 said:
Also some general clarifications..

1) 98% of 245i cases will be the category of OTHER WORKERS.. So it will not take numbers of EB-3 which is allocated to trained workers ( most of us).

This information is really cool man.......I hope that it is true....I desperately hope that you are correct...

I agree however ...

We are still foreigners on this land ...

If you want to stay here , you have to follow the rules ...

There is nothing we can do except wait ... :(

helpjune4 said:
Totally agree with you! The frustration my spouse has and as a result the stress my spouse put on me is so so so huge that it almost ruins our relationship. The hopeless feeling drives me crazy and I'm sure I'm not the only one in this forum going through this kind of pain.

Man, this delay caused my family life. I am divorced and now if I don't get

helpjune4 said:

If I don't get I have to marry a 400LB blond :)

Please sign up -

Please do this. It's very simple and takes only 5 minutes of your time.
5 minutes of your time can spare you months and possibly years of agony in the BPC....

luckylucky said:
I think so. I am in EB2. BUt I think you are EB3, and your PD is earlier than Jun, 03(I just estimate), you don't need to worry too much. I guess when you get you LC, it may be 1 year from now, and may be your PD will be current then because they move forward every month.

I don't know how you get this estimation and why you believe people should not worry with that PD. It is one thing to cheer up depressed people and it is another thing to misinform them. And I believe it is immoral.

pennwaiting said:
I don't know how you get this estimation and why you believe people should not worry with that PD. It is one thing to cheer up depressed people and it is another thing to misinform them. And I believe it is immoral.
Hi I read somewhere in this forum in the past that they are processing I485 for PD of middle of 2002 for EB3 and it moves one month ahead every month. So, if your PD is JUne, 2003, it will take one year for you to file I485 and that is my reasoning because your LC may take one year also. But I may misread that date since it might be middle of 2001 instead of middle of 2002. I don't give some false hope, at least not intentionally. My point is, if somebody have to wait one year for their LC, when they get it, maybe they can file for I485 by their PD. DOes filing for I485 needs a PD #? WHat is the current PD to file for 485? Is it somewhere in 2002?
I think you are too early to call somebody immrotal and that is a pretty serious accuse and it is NOT nice to attack people personally like it. I am very offended.

Peace... dude ;)

luckylucky said:
Hi I read somewhere in this forum in the past that they are processing I485 for PD of middle of 2002 for EB3 and it moves one month ahead every month. So, if your PD is JUne, 2003, it will take one year for you to file I485 and that is my reasoning because your LC may take one year also. But I may misread that date since it might be middle of 2001 instead of middle of 2002. I don't give some false hope, at least not intentionally. My point is, if somebody have to wait one year for their LC, when they get it, maybe they can file for I485 by their PD. DOes filing for I485 needs a PD #? WHat is the current PD to file for 485? Is it somewhere in 2002?
I think you are too early to call somebody immrotal and that is a pretty serious accuse and it is NOT nice to attack people personally like it. I am very offended.

Did everyone fall in the head today ? What the F... is going on ? It s been raining insults all freaking day between 2 morons in the Dallas forum... Now everyone s getting angry in Phily forum. What the hell is going on ?
Why dont yu all open a window (in yur house not in your computer haha) and breathe some fresh air... and maybe give a week or 2 before coming back in this forum. News won t change from Monday to Tuesday anyway and i think staying too much around this forum is intoxicating and depressing.
Chill out a little !

godamit (here we go) ... I am losing it ! lol :)

Last edited by a moderator:
luckylucky said:

Relax guys.. Its just simple misunderstanding.

pennwaiting, luckylucky might not have read the news (latest Visa Buletin) about EB-3 being unavailable so just assumed that PD cutoff is moving month by month. No False hope or anything.

Nobody is at falut...

Hello, new member here

My info:

State: NJ
Type: RIR
Case sent to NJ SWA on 3/18/2005
45-day letter: not recieved.

When should I start worrying about not getting the 45-day letter? thanks!

gp111 said:
Relax guys.. Its just simple misunderstanding.

pennwaiting, luckylucky might not have read the news (latest Visa Buletin) about EB-3 being unavailable so just assumed that PD cutoff is moving month by month. No False hope or anything.

Nobody is at falut...
Thanks! Yes, I didn't read the news. If that is the truth, then it is too bad. I always think it is unfair to let PERM applicant file for I485 and I140 when we are stucking at the BEC. They are making each single one of us a fool. No matter EB2 or EB3, RIR or NORIR. I am sorry for the incorrect information I posted. But I wasn't post it trying to cheer people up, I thought that my reasoning was right based on my out-of-date informations.

juntha said:
Did everyone fall in the head today ? What the F... is going on ? It s been raining insults all freaking day between 2 morons in the Dallas forum... Now everyone s getting angry in Phily forum. What the hell is going on ?
Why dont yu all open a window (in yur house not in your computer haha) and breathe some fresh air... and maybe give a week or 2 before coming back in this forum. News won t change from Monday to Tuesday anyway and i think staying too much around this forum is intoxicating and depressing.
Chill out a little !

godamit (here we go) ... I am losing it ! lol :)
Hi, aren't you supposed to go back for India and come back to this forum in one month? I remember some guy said that a week ago and won't leave.
Just kidding.