Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

MannyD said:
GP111, other gurus,
I understand the number of annual visas for EB3 category is around 40,000. Given the number of EB3 cases in BPC, I'd like to request you to hazard a guess as to until which PD we can expect to file 485 when the visa numbers are intitialized in Oct 2005. For example, do you think that with a PD in Aug 2002 I'd be able to file 485 in Oct 2005 (subject to LC getting cleared, of course!)?
Thanks.

Who decides this number(40K for EB3) ? I wont be surprised if its reduced to half, after all they dont want us here any more :mad: :mad:

mnhrdc said:
These are not New Procedures like PERM, the same procedures were fallowed at all Reginonal DOL and all Attorneys know about how to respond to the above RFE. We have seen only a very few stray approvals having PD ranging from April 2001 to Jan 2003. And it is too early to think that all cases will fall under this catagory. Keep patience untill Sep 2005 when all data entry is proposed to be completed and fallows a live action.

Whats going to happen in September 2005 ? Why can't we stop giving false hopes. Its just coming on to my nerves that DOL is wrong all along and still we have guts to predict outcome in favour of DOL !!!

Lot of us were speculating without any evidence that data entry will be done by summer. Its mid summer and half of cases are still in "box".
We haven't learned the lesson after being wrong many many times.

Don't just wildly guess whats going to happen particularly when we are dealing with DOL.

atyagi73 said:
so now they dont want IT people around ...what a nice way to say f*** the get out :mad: :mad:

same way medical people (Physical therapist, Nurses and Pharmasists) will be f***ed after 5 years.

Its not that we are stupid to be manipulated but we are sure divided and DOL, employers, white house knows that. Our hands are tied so tightly that we can't even ask for support. We can't change jobs, spouse can't work, H4 can't get SSN, have to renew f***king license every year, can't organize, can't raise our voice, have to pay $1000 premium for extension, can't leave the country, can't get visa stamped here, can't even talk about this situation with employer or lawyer, can't demonstrate (fear of geting arrested).
I am fed up of this nonsense: backlog, DOL, BEC, retrogression, no visas.
There is just no end to the tunnel. Bad news keeps on coming every month and we keep on discussing it without taking any rigid action.

Do you think slaves has these many restrictions ?

USCISisMockery said:
same way medical people (Physical therapist, Nurses and Pharmasists) will be f***ed after 5 years.

Its not that we are stupid to be manipulated but we are sure divided and DOL, employers, white house knows that. Our hands are tied so tightly that we can't even ask for support. We can't change jobs, spouse can't work, H4 can't get SSN, have to renew f***king license every year, can't organize, can't raise our voice, have to pay $1000 premium for extension, can't leave the country, can't get visa stamped here, can't even talk about this situation with employer or lawyer, can't demonstrate (fear of geting arrested).
There is just no end to the tunnel. Bad news keeps on coming every month and we keep on discussing it without taking any rigid action.

Best post of the month!

USCISisMockery said:

Whats the point ?
Whats the moral of the story ?
Do we pack our bags & go home
OR
Shut the F up & wait ??

--- Sign petition! ---

Speaking about real actions - print, sign and send/fax this petition:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=173573&page=1&pp=15

We need 100 responses total. Spidey will be collecting these till the end of June and then send to DOL, congressmen, etc. All you need is literally - print, sign and email or fax it.

We can wait for years, exchange our frustation among ourselves and still very few of us would spend 15 minutes to sign and send the petition - too bad! Please, help taking real actions - click on the link and send the petion!!!

igor_ch said:
Speaking about real actions - print, sign and send/fax this petition:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=173573&page=1&pp=15

We need 100 responses total. Spidey will be collecting these till the end of June and then send to DOL, congressmen, etc. All you need is literally - print, sign and email or fax it.

We can wait for years, exchange our frustation among ourselves and still very few of us would spend 15 minutes to sign and send the petition - too bad! Please, help taking real actions - click on the link and send the petion!!!
I am in! BUt aren't we suppose to change it to Philly BEC instead of both BEC? I think Dallas people are pretty happy with their current progress. Also I think that we need to mention that they are stuck in April, 01 while Dallas is the end of Dec., 02. For example, I am from CA DOL, people one month before me and behind me are getting their LC soon in Dallas. My friend is JUne, 01,from CA DOL, stuck in Philly, and watching people whose PD is 1 and 1/2 years (also CA DOL)after his getting LC. Also, why Philly cannot approve RIR faster than TR? We waited half a year more in RIR than TR cases. Can somebody modify the letter? BTW, Mockery, I support most of your opnions posted in this forum.

USCISisMockery said:

wow wow, slow down a bit here! i do applaud your efforts and have come to love your posts! but don't bring slavery in here...slaves have no rights and can't choose. but we do and we can: we can either take it (that is anything stupid they throw at us and shut up), find a way to act (like your efforts, spidey's, those writting their own letters) or well we can pack and go back home...

but seriously though, all kidding aside, be glad you don't know what slavery is and have some respect for those that had to go through it.

I said earlier this was a well planned game of DOL and DC

foret1 said:
wow wow, slow down a bit here! i do applaud your efforts and have come to love your posts! but don't bring slavery in here...slaves have no rights and can't choose. but we do and we can: we can either take it (that is anything stupid they throw at us and shut up), find a way to act (like your efforts, spidey's, those writting their own letters) or well we can pack and go back home...

but seriously though, all kidding aside, be glad you don't know what slavery is and have some respect for those that had to go through it.

If they make EB3 available how they can bring those nurses and get the seniors vote for the next election? If they don't make illegals into legal how they can get Hispanic votes? In nut shell.... these are the political games they are playing. They know we are helpless and the layers are happy by holding on to LC. Fu*king system....No end to this tunnel. :mad:

visa numbers unavailable till 30 September 2005.

D. EMPLOYMENT VISA AVAILABILITY FOR JULY AND THE REMAINDER OF FY-2005

The Employment Third and Third Other Worker categories have reached their annual limits and no further FY-2005 allocations are possible for the period July through September. With the start of the new fiscal year in October, numbers will once again become available in these categories. It is not possible to make any estimates regarding potential cut-off dates at this time

Does this mean that if ones LC gets approved in EB3 category and his/her priority date is 01 JUN 2002 of before can file I-140 and I-485 before 1st July 2005?

EB3 and 245(i)

Gurus,

Like many others I have suffered a lot coz of 245(i) applications filed in Apr'01 (MD). Now we are seeing approvals from PEC for some of those applications. I know that EB3 for this year is closed. But what is going to happen when it opens again in Oct'05 ? Would these morons( my understanding is 245(i) is for illegal aliens and thats why I am using these words) consume all the numbers before us ?

Yes daer friend, this country is for Illegals not for us who are legal donkey's

atyagi73 said:
Gurus,

Like many others I have suffered a lot coz of 245(i) applications filed in Apr'01 (MD). Now we are seeing approvals from PEC for some of those applications. I know that EB3 for this year is closed. But what is going to happen when it opens again in Oct'05 ? Would these morons( my understanding is 245(i) is for illegal aliens and thats why I am using these words) consume all the numbers before us ?

Yes.....EB3 are gonna be in big trouble once again... Many(Most??) of the 245(i) cases are going to be EB3 cases. EB3 guys like you and me are out of luck.....

msp1976 said:
Yes.....EB3 are gonna be in big trouble once again... Many(Most??) of the 245(i) cases are going to be EB3 cases. EB3 guys like you and me are out of luck.....
You can still file for I 140 once yu got yur LC approved. It s only the I 485 (or something) that can be a problem.

One thing for sure....After reading and understanding all this on these forums I have kind of become calm and resigned.......
My PD is July 2004....and guys from 2001 are still around...

Last edited by a moderator:
juntha said:
You can still file for I 140 once yu got yur LC approved. It s only the I 485 (or something) that can be a problem.

With the visa quotas as they are it would be 3/4 years before I can get to 485...may be even more...As far as job is concerned my horizon is 3 months at most.. So I keep telling myself...calm down son.....

Well after going through the H1 mess and on top of the problems like being under paid and over worked, being taken advantage of status (H1B), wife not able to work etc. I have finally decided to quit my present job and get a job which atleast pays what I want. Scre*** this Green card atleast the remaining time I have on H1, I would rather have fun and enjoy.

What about consular processing if I-485 is not available

msp1976 said:
With the visa quotas as they are it would be 3/4 years before I can get to 485...may be even more...As far as job is concerned my horizon is 3 months at most.. So I keep telling myself...calm down son.....

Just a thought. If Visa number are not available for EB3 category, what about going for consular processing? Is anybody looking into that?