Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

NJ Oct02-PD said:
My PD is October 2002. My attorney just told me that they have received the 45 days letter from the Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center. Somehow it does not make me feel any good since I've waited too long...long enough for me to loose hope. I cannot help to think that it's just the beginning of another long long time waiting.... Anyway, hope this message would help.

I wonder how long I will have to wait..again..until the approval arrives---if everything goes well.

Exactly, thats how I will feel when I will receive my letter.

Something to cheer about, nah; but sure 45 day letter will stop lot of us taking action because of this false hope.

spidey said:
thats just lame. Philly doesnt want to work and makes excuses all the time.
Aren't there supposed to be 100 contractors working on this stuff.

Oh wait they must mean the ONE CO who's the freaking bottleneck in the certification process is on vacation. Well good for him (or her)

It's just one freaking excuse after another... thats all I've seen in the last few years from Philly....

No offense meant to you aprlc2002, I am sure you are just as tired of this crap as the next person....

Seriously.. Yu expected that people would skip vacation for labor certification purpose ? Come on now. I would like to think that we ALL knew that once we are in June-august there is this 'out for vacation' factor to take into account... We are not that naive, i hope.

Waiting for some news !!

Hello aprlc2002,
Right now you are the only one providing updates.

What happen to TOMSHU, ORISSA and AKELA :confused: :confused: :confused: .

What happens next?

Folks,
While we keep waiting for the sky to open up, I was wondering if some of you could share what happens next and how we can prepare.
I'd like to know first for example, what the various decision options are for the analysts/COs in Philly BPC. Would these be any different for EB2/EB3 categories? Then for each of the options what are the corrective recourses (if there are any).
Thanks!

aprlc2002 said:
Not connvincing news yet... heard that some of the people who work there are on Vacation

Hi Apr...In the last update you gave.. was the PBPC working on entering Dec 2001 cases ? or approving?? when you ask your source please try to ask...
Thanks .....

See a summary of answers given by Icarus for Dallas BEC. I would think that processing instructions are similar at both BEC's.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1166157&postcount=3110

MannyD said:
Folks,
While we keep waiting for the sky to open up, I was wondering if some of you could share what happens next and how we can prepare.
I'd like to know first for example, what the various decision options are for the analysts/COs in Philly BPC. Would these be any different for EB2/EB3 categories? Then for each of the options what are the corrective recourses (if there are any).
Thanks!

DOL a bunch od FU*** Ass****

igor_ch said:
See a summary of answers given by Icarus for Dallas BEC. I would think that processing instructions are similar at both BEC's.

They are trying to make their life by getting for money from the tax payers. We pay tax and they screw at our back. They are trying to extend their contract to neverland....

I tell you they will never complete this projects because other new bills will be passed soon for other illegal immigrants and later new govt etc. This is is only to fool us and make us work like donkey's.
We are the donk'ys of America :mad:

I am trying to look for other contries. Fuc*** LC and where is God and what they preach..... :mad:

45 Days Letter Received...

PD : 12 Feb 2004
State: Florida
Case Type : RIR

45 Days Letter Received Date : June 09 2005

How to find out the Philly Case number

Hi Guys,
This question might have been asked before, but I couldn't find a reference to the answer anywhere (Either on this thread or on the FAQ thread). Any pointers/advice or links would be appreciated.

I'm trying to find out the new case number assigned to my labor cert application. The labor was applied for in Boston with a PD of Apr 2nd 2003 (Non-RIR).
The HR says the app was forwarded to Philly BEC but they don't have a 45 day letter from the BEC yet.

Question:
1. Whom do I contact to find out the new case number
2. If I haven't been assigned a new case number how do I find out if it has been opened or not
3. Once I get the new case number, is there a website/phone number that I can call to find out the status of the labor cert?

As far as possible I'd like to do this (i.e., information gathering) without going through my attorney or HR.

Thanks for your help.
Ashwin.

nmohsin said:
PD : 12 Feb 2004
State: Florida
Case Type : RIR

45 Days Letter Received Date : June 09 2005

hi,

so ur case didn't make it to regional? it was still at SWA level? can u provide us with ur case number just to know how many cases were entered in the BEC data?

Next steps..

Thanks. This summary of answers from Icarus indicates three possible paths from analysis:
1. All fine; send into CO's review queue [the desired path]
2. All not fine, ask employer for additional info (=RFE?) [if satisfactory info given this will get into 1]. Possible info required: better recruitment results, clarification of any noted discrepancy between application and supporting documents.
3. Many issues, recommend NOF (Notice of Finding). This gives employer 35 days to respond following which the case amay be denied [bad, very bad!]. Possible cases: missing evidence of bonafide recruitment effort, missing evidence of ads.

Questions:
a. Will a response "We have advertised extensively. Not been able to locate qualified US workers ready and able to work" hold water? How should we prepare for possible RFE in this case?
b. In RIR cases will the case move to TR automatically after #3?

igor_ch said:

MannyD said:
Thanks. This summary of answers from Icarus indicates three possible paths from analysis:
1. All fine; send into CO's review queue [the desired path]
2. All not fine, ask employer for additional info (=RFE?) [if satisfactory info given this will get into 1]. Possible info required: better recruitment results, clarification of any noted discrepancy between application and supporting documents.
3. Many issues, recommend NOF (Notice of Finding). This gives employer 35 days to respond following which the case amay be denied [bad, very bad!]. Possible cases: missing evidence of bonafide recruitment effort, missing evidence of ads.

Questions:
a. Will a response "We have advertised extensively. Not been able to locate qualified US workers ready and able to work" hold water? How should we prepare for possible RFE in this case?
b. In RIR cases will the case move to TR automatically after #3?

These are not New Procedures like PERM, the same procedures were fallowed at all Reginonal DOL and all Attorneys know about how to respond to the above RFE. We have seen only a very few stray approvals having PD ranging from April 2001 to Jan 2003. And it is too early to think that all cases will fall under this catagory. Keep patience untill Sep 2005 when all data entry is proposed to be completed and fallows a live action.

It might be too early to raise the technical aspect of adjudication. Probably somebody still remember flooding of NOF in late 2003, just because of one single Memo. Actually, as you may be aware of, the process could be pretty subjective and no matter how the rules state, there's always room to maneuver.

Only till BEC start to do some material adjudication, we will be able to how they handle it.

Hope they start moving. Hope once your case is due, the criteria will be favorable to you.

mnhrdc said:
These are not New Procedures like PERM, the same procedures were fallowed at all Reginonal DOL and all Attorneys know about how to respond to the above RFE. We have seen only a very few stray approvals having PD ranging from April 2001 to Jan 2003. And it is too early to think that all cases will fall under this catagory. Keep patience untill Sep 2005 when all data entry is proposed to be completed and fallows a live action.

foret1 said:
all eb-3s? or just certain countries?

not that it matters much though, as i am sure we will still be waiting for LC when october 2005 gets here...while those that applied through perm are getting certified in a week! :mad: :mad:
Yes.. All EB-3 (all Countries)

Eb3

GP111, other gurus,
I understand the number of annual visas for EB3 category is around 40,000. Given the number of EB3 cases in BPC, I'd like to request you to hazard a guess as to until which PD we can expect to file 485 when the visa numbers are intitialized in Oct 2005. For example, do you think that with a PD in Aug 2002 I'd be able to file 485 in Oct 2005 (subject to LC getting cleared, of course!)?
Thanks.

gp111 said:
No EB-3 visa available for this year anymore.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2539.html

Thats too bad.. now all EB-3 have to wait till OCT 01, 2005 to file I-485.

Xipe Totec said:
I wonder if _now_ we'll see the long-awaited "flood" of LC approvals in EB-3 category.

Well, that's not possible because EB-3 isn t something you mention in a LC application ! It s for later, when your LC is approved.

foret1 said:
all eb-3s? or just certain countries?

not that it matters much though, as i am sure we will still be waiting for LC when october 2005 gets here...while those that applied through perm are getting certified in a week! :mad: :mad:

This is insane..what the hell is ScheduleA ??? :mad: :mad: