Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Watz 1003, 1004?

Hi Slade,
can u shed some light on 1003, 1004? U mean the no.of approved cases by Philly?

Thanks,
Immidude74

Slade245 said:
i just heard phili finished approving 1003 and soon will move to 1004...
lots of hope, ha? :p

immidude74 said:
Hi Slade,
can u shed some light on 1003, 1004? U mean the no.of approved cases by Philly?

Thanks,
Immidude74

HIHI that s a good one. Oh wait.. that wasn t a joke ?
:confused:

would Phily cases be faster than Dallas??

Hi all,

I am a navie in this but I was just thinking that since CA cases have the oldest PDs and they r in Dallas BRC, therefire our PD approval Dates should move relatively faster them. just a wild guess of mine.

tks

gc_ka_wait said:
Hi all,

I am a navie in this but I was just thinking that since CA cases have the oldest PDs and they r in Dallas BRC, therefire our PD approval Dates should move relatively faster them. just a wild guess of mine.

tks

Philly also has 10K SF DOL (California) Cases.. also how can we forget backlog of NY/NJ/MD in Philly BEC ?

igor_ch said:
Spidey,

see attachment. That XLS lists number of unopened cases for every month received by regional DOLs by October 2004. Raw data is taken from http://www.flcdatacenter.com/CasePerm.aspx

The previous time I posted this XLS the query counted all non-certified cases, but now I've changed query to count unopened cases only as it makes more sense for all of us.

Igor
Good job man !!!
Compaing number of cases before my priority date with the number on BECs staff I feel better. The only thing that looks suspicious it that there are 45531 cases in your summary. DOL reported that there are 300,000 cases plus 40,000 filed in 2005 ( we can omit the latter though) Do you have any idea where the rest 254469 cases are ?

I believe the database is for regional case only, eg. cases passed the screening at state level and reach to regional office. Backlog also includes state cases which are never opened. Also backlog is distributed between Dallas and Philly.

If the BEC treats Regional and SWA case the same way, I doubt there's too much use for that database.

State case could have even ealier PD than reginal case, like bunch of 2001 NY cases. And I believe a state case takes more time to process than a regional case...

Correct me if I am wrong.

sbdol said:
Good job man !!!
Compaing number of cases before my priority date with the number on BECs staff I feel better. The only thing that looks suspicious it that there are 45531 cases in your summary. DOL reported that there are 300,000 cases plus 40,000 filed in 2005 ( we can omit the latter though) Do you have any idea where the rest 254469 cases are ?

fogman1 said:
I believe the database is for regional case only, eg. cases passed the screening at state level and reach to regional office. Backlog also includes state cases which are never opened. Also backlog is distributed between Dallas and Philly.

If the BEC treats Regional and SWA case the same way, I doubt there's too much use for that database.

State case could have even ealier PD than reginal case, like bunch of 2001 NY cases. And I believe a state case takes more time to process than a regional case...

Correct me if I am wrong.

I suspect that unfortunately you are right. There were couple hundred thousand cases filed before April 2001, most of them filed under provision 245(i) .

I believe most of those cases were just shelved.
If DOL does process the cases only by FIFO that means any of us whose priority date is later than April, 30 would get his LC at approximately the same time , at the end of backlog processing ( read in 24 to 30 months ). This is worsened by the fact that most of those cases were TR that require more processing time.
I admit I do not poses full information and truly hope that this is just a crazy nonsense that has nothing to do with the real state of things

prince123 said:
Hi,

I thought RIR & non-RIR have two separate FIFO's at BEC.
So RIR cases could move faster ?
Yes, but remember DOL promised to take actions if two tracks differ significantly. So it would reallocate resources from the faster track ( RIR) to the slower track. Ot maybe they already assigned too few analysts to RIR.

The pure FIFO is also not the justest thing. Remember, when submitting an application to DOL one had a choice: To file it immediately under TR or do some job , wait 6 months and only then apply. Later DOL allowed to convert TR to RIR so RIR applicants were cheated of 6 months. Now those who applied under RIR originally are being cheated again.

Last edited by a moderator:
gc_ka_wait said:
Hi all,

tks

Then you need to see backlogged cases from NY and NJ.

aprlc2002, Thank you for your update. One question, when you posted that Phily is on Dec last time, was that referred to RIR or TR?

aprlc2002 said:
Not connvincing news yet... heard that some of the people who work there are on Vacation

aprlc2002 said:
Not connvincing news yet... heard that some of the people who work there are on Vacation

thats just lame. Philly doesnt want to work and makes excuses all the time.
Aren't there supposed to be 100 contractors working on this stuff.

Oh wait they must mean the ONE CO who's the freaking bottleneck in the certification process is on vacation. Well good for him (or her)

It's just one freaking excuse after another... thats all I've seen in the last few years from Philly....

No offense meant to you aprlc2002, I am sure you are just as tired of this crap as the next person....

New Jersey- Got 45 days letter

My PD is October 2002. My attorney just told me that they have received the 45 days letter from the Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center. Somehow it does not make me feel any good since I've waited too long...long enough for me to loose hope. I cannot help to think that it's just the beginning of another long long time waiting.... Anyway, hope this message would help.

I wonder how long I will have to wait..again..until the approval arrives---if everything goes well.