Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

VAhoper said:
They already have a good tracking file here: http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1169275#post1169275. They already have hundreds of entries. Why reinvent the wheel? If you want, you can use their file to run analysis too.

Everyone, please go here: http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1169275#post1169275 to update your info. The more data we have, the better analysis we can come up.

Many members are inactive and dont update their info. A long listing with outdated information isn t gonna work. Some tracked people may even have had their approval or 45 days letter but didn t bother updating the tracker. We ll contact every members in the group new tracker once a month to get an update on their situation. If no answer, the information will be removed from the tracker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, everybody!

Here is my info.:

STATE : NY
PD - 06/11/2002
RD - Never get there
EB3 RIR
45-day letter: Haven't received it

Any idea when I am going to receive the 45 letters? I would say it is too optimistic for anybody to predcit a LC approval for 2002 PD considering I haven't received my 45-day letter. Of course, if they don't follow the FIFO policy, anything can happen.

msabir said:
I talked to my lawyer today, who mostly deals with VA/MD/DC area. He said he has received some approvals from BEC, from April 2001 non RIR. He is expecting more approvals to follow soon.

On another note, I am trying to extend H1B for 7th yr, and the lawyer is charging $1,500 for this. I thought its real simple and shouldn't be this much. Can I do it myself? Is it a typical fee for H1B 7th yr extension? I thought it was like $250-300 or so.

I129 Base Fee: $185
H-1B Data Collection and Filing Fee: $1500 (for US employer having more than 25 employees) or $750 (for US employer having less than or equal to 25 employees) if not excempted
Fraud Prevention and Detection Fee: $500 (Note: If your current employer ever paid this amount for your H1B first extension, this amount is not to paid for subsequet extensions by the same employer.)
H4 extensions (if applicable): $195 per applicant
Attorney Fess: Vary from Attorneys

These are the fees per USCIS site. Please check for any updates from there and act accordingly.

latest encounter with BEC

Hi everyone,

I just joined this group because, believe me or not my anxiety levele have increased over the last few months. Coming out of busy schedules, I started reading more and more articles on latest developments, i.e PERM, NON-PERM, BECs etc. I was aware of what was happening but didn't delve into much details before. But now that I have, its getting the better of me.

And what the first thing you do? You call and I did. A lady answered my call at Philly BEC, I told her my situation and she said that

"we did start helter-skelter when BECs were first setup , but now we are following FIFO. although we cannot say about future. We are currently processing 98-2001 cases, so you can see where you stand."

My only problem is, uncertainity, much similar to many other people here. I am willing to go all the way, no matter how much time it takes, but please tell me you can do better than saying "we can't tell you status right now" or "we don't know what the future is". :(

In any case, we cannot control the situation nor affect it any manner, so "roll with it".

Kanwaldeep
STATE : MA
PD - 09/01/2004
RD - Never get there
EB3 Non-RIR
45-day letter: good things come to people who wait

update on LC approval!

Hello Friends:
I was told by my company Immigration office that our Attorney received one LC approval from BEC with RD 06/2002. I don't know BEC center whether Philly or Dallas.

sg101
Philly BEC Case # P-04322-0xxxx
Cae type : RIR

antonioa77 said:
ok so what is the email for changing adress of attorney? is it the same one as of h1 7th yr extension?
the info in ur message r not very clear. can u explain?

Yes I should have actually put the rest of the email ... Here is the entire email:

You have reached the Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center status inquiry mailbox. At this time, we are unable to provide status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. All Philadelphia Processing Center files are being transferred to a new system. Once the data entry process is completed, a 45-Day Letter and Selection of Continuation Option letter will be issued on all applications providing a new case ID # and may request additional information from the employer.

If your request is in reference to the following, this information will also be updated.

Address updates for attorney, employer, or alien
Change of attorney (or attorney address changes)
Incorrect case closures
H-1B extensions please email your request to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US
Case withdraws

Aliens seeking status must contact their employer or attorney to obtain information.

sg101 said:
Hello Friends:
I was told by my company Immigration office that our Attorney received one LC approval from BEC with RD 06/2002. I don't know BEC center whether Philly or Dallas.

sg101

PD OR RD 06/2002 ?

45 letter is later than mine

But PD is earlier than mine by 6 days ...
My case # is P-04307-3 ... and lawyer replied 45 letter in early Feb ...

I hope this is good sign that in couple weeks mine can get through BEC ...
:eek:

sg101 said:
Hello Friends:

sg101

Analysis

Hello All:
Can anyone do some analysis on how many labor applications have been certified so far from PA BEC, with the information PD/RD/State/Date Approved etc.

Thanks

chinglun said:
But PD is earlier than mine by 6 days ...
My case # is P-04307-3 ... and lawyer replied 45 letter in early Feb ...

I hope this is good sign that in couple weeks mine can get through BEC ...
:eek:

hold on, don't conclude so fast. These are the cases which made to regional.
My PD is late 2002 and I still haven't received 45 day letter (infact, nobody in NJ did)
Hope for the best, but expect worse from DOL

need opinion - company spun off

hi everyone, would love to hear your opinion on my situation ... my company filed RIR for me in Nov/2002. In 2004, the business unit I'm in spun off of the parent company (who sponsored me), changing:

- the company name
- the Employer ID number
- the company address
- the company directors

I was "terminated" by the old employer and immediately rehired by the new one, nothing else changed.

Back then, Human Resources told me there wouldnt be any consequences to my application, they would just file an amendment, etc.

A couple of days ago, I read an FAQ on the Doleta website, where they say the new company has to prove they're "successor in interest" of the old company. My lawyer now says they may not be able to prove it, and if the DOL denies the labor cert, then we'd have to appeal with no guarantees ... my concern is that I'm gonna be in a legal limbo.

the lawyer now says I should go PERM and I'm inclined to do to ... anyone in a similar situation ?! Losing the PD is not a problem for me, because it's current for my country.

Any ideas !?

NY SWA
Type: EB3 - RIR
PD - 11/2002
RD -
45-day letter: Not received

sorry I did not clarify

Mine is also in CA , exactly the same time frame as sg101

USCISisMockery said:
hold on, don't conclude so fast. These are the cases which made to regional.
My PD is late 2002 and I still haven't received 45 day letter (infact, nobody in NJ did)
Hope for the best, but expect worse from DOL

cantstandit said:
hi everyone, would love to hear your opinion on my situation ......
........the lawyer now says I should go PERM and I'm inclined to do to ... anyone in a similar situation ?! Losing the PD is not a problem for me, because it's current for my country.

Any ideas !?

NY SWA
Type: EB3 - RIR
PD - 11/2002
RD -

My opinion is sue your bloody HR dept (if I had a penny for everytime I wanted to do that, I'd be rich... ;) )
Anyway, if your company is willing to take on the cost of another PERM application, I say go for it.

The way I see it, your old application is filed under the old company name (from your message it seems to be the amendment was not filed and the company name was not changed ) -- this means that your new PERM application will be at least
1. From your new company, therefore different company name
2. Possibly a new and different job title, if this is true even if # 1 is false it doesnt matter for purposes of retaining your old PD iff that application is still valid and ok.

If that application is not valid and is to be denied anyway you dont care. But if it is, you dont lose anything by applying for PERM, lawyers are saying that although DOL doesnt like 2 applications for 1 applicant, theres no law that REQUIRES you to withdraw old application. You need to withdraw ONLY if you want to retain old priority date, which we have established is of no particular value to you.

So go on, start a PERM app -- it'll take a couple months to be put in (advertising etc will have to be redone, PERM requires advertising in last 6 months of application date) and then interviews conducted etc... all said and done you are looking at 2,3 months before application is put in, another 60 days before adjudication.

Hope this helps --

prepare for worst!

chinglun,

If your case is in Dallas and PD is around 2002 and replied 45 day letter, your case may be cleared soon, even before some folks with earlier PD and still waiting for 45day letter, such as sleepless_in. Seems Dallas adopts a more flexible dynamic FIFO and some resources have been allocated to do the adjudication. You know the adjudication queue is now in Aug 2002.

If you're in Philly, like me, you'd better prepare for the worst. Chances are Philly's gonna stick to a strict FIFO, in which any significant adjudication won't happen until all the 45 day letters are keyed in and sent out. Only in this way exact and integrated PD-based FIFO can be established and maintained. But apparently some efficiency would be lost...

In reality the FIFO rule does provide Philly a good excuse to stand still in adjudication. And the worst thing could be there’re already staffs being trained to adjudication, but they can't start to adjudicate or the adjudication already started but the result can't be sent out, just because of the great FIFO rule.

chinglun said:
Mine is also in CA , exactly the same time frame as sg101

thanks for the explanation

However SG101 's case also started with P - , it is phily right ?

fogman1 said:
chinglun,

If your case is in Dallas and PD is around 2002 and replied 45 day letter, your case may be cleared soon, even before some folks with earlier PD and still waiting for 45day letter, such as sleepless_in. Seems Dallas adopts a more flexible dynamic FIFO and some resources have been allocated to do the adjudication. You know the adjudication queue is now in Aug 2002.

If you're in Philly, like me, you'd better prepare for the worst. Chances are Philly's gonna stick to a strict FIFO, in which any significant adjudication won't happen until all the 45 day letters are keyed in and sent out. Only in this way exact and integrated PD-based FIFO can be established and maintained. But apparently some efficiency would be lost...

In reality the FIFO rule does provide Philly a good excuse to stand still in adjudication. And the worst thing could be there’re already staffs being trained to adjudication, but they can't start to adjudicate or the adjudication already started but the result can't be sent out, just because of the great FIFO rule.

Dude, this might no be SG101's case if you read it carefully. I believe only aprlc2002 can give us some useful information here.

chinglun said:
However SG101 's case also started with P - , it is phily right ?

Exactly, SG101 is talking about sb else's case. It won't be a surprise if it turns out to be from Dallas.

Also yesterday's update that some attorney got 70 cases approved, all from Dallas, confirms my believe that the practices between 2 centers are somewhat different.

Sorry, dude, maybe we are on the slower of the 2 slow lanes.

Kahada said:
Dude, this might no be SG101's case if you read it carefully. I believe only aprlc2002 can give us some useful information here.

Here are some details from the BECPHIL group, some of you people hate ;) (just kidding)
We updated our new group tracker with info received today and yesterday. All of those cases are current, checked at the time of entry (june 2005), and up to date as of 06/09/2005.
So far, about 70 percents of the cases entered received a 45 days letters. The percentage didn t decrease or increase from yesterday's update to today's update. I have no doubt that this percentage will decrease a bit when more cases info will be entered in the tracker but, the fact that it remained that high in 2 consecutives updates might show that DOL has far exceeded the 50 percent mark they told us about last month.

Hope this could give some indications for people still waiting for those letters.

Last edited by a moderator:
MDwatch said:
MD SWA
Type: EB2 - RIR
PD - 04/09/04
RD -

MDWatch,

Your situation is somewhat similar to my wife's case:

MD SWA
PD - 08/2001
Philly DOL RD - 10/2003
Philly DOL Receipt Case#: P2003-MD-033-9XXXX

It's weird that she never received the 45-day letter like you. And we are worried that her case might be lost. Do you have any idea?

While I see mugur got his LC approved on PD=4/01, there are still some not even received 45-day letter. How can we check the status or case#?

How did you get Philly DOL Receipt Case Number? Did you get it before the approval?

dabu said:
MDWatch,

Your situation is somewhat similar to my wife's case:

MD SWA
PD - 08/2001
Philly DOL RD - 10/2003
Philly DOL Receipt Case#: P2003-MD-033-9XXXX

It's weird that she never received the 45-day letter like you. And we are worried that her case might be lost. Do you have any idea?

While I see mugur got his LC approved on PD=4/01, there are still some not even received 45-day letter. How can we check the status or case#?