Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

junta, your info. contradict aprlc2002's feed who is very optimictic about his LC in a month (aprlc2002 says Philly Q at Dec 01). Sir, Your info is in writting and so make more sense to me. Philly is DOOMED. :mad: Dallas at Aug 02 and unlucky me, my CA case forward to philly inplace dallas. :mad:

juntha said:
I bugged my congressman (as you should all do) and got an writen answer today.

BEC philly is processing right now EVERY LC APPLICATIONS from April 2001. It will take 2-4 months to go thru all fo them. As you know there were TONS of application in April 2001 opened and unopened. Once those are gone, they expect to go thru every following month much faster.

Last edited by a moderator:
luckylucky said:
That is very right! We all want to stay in U.S. that is why we are in this forum. If somebody don't want to stay and think that they are treated like second class citizen, then why not simply quit their job and go back to where they are from immediately?

I second that.
I had big debate with some hypocrats on this topic. If they love their home countries, why you care about LC and wander here in this forum.
My thinking is, even though I love my origin, I would rather get GC and then decide if I should stay here or go to India.
Remember, its not our right to obtain LC, but sure its our right to get our application adjudicated in timely pattern as a beneficiary.

So guys, rise and raise your voice, we fought for our GC, why to let it loose.

My PD is July 2002 and it had to go to Philly....and Philly will probably take a few years to adjudicate....
Meanwhile Dallas is already on July 2002 cases....
May be it is just not meant to be.

Guys..

Dallas Has approved only a few cases of 2002.. Most of 2001 cases are still pending. So don't feel bad about philly not approving any cases of 2002. Both BECs are almost same at the moment.

gp111 said:
Guys..

Dallas Has approved only a few cases of 2002.. Most of 2001 cases are still pending. So don't feel bad about philly not approving any cases of 2002. Both BECs are almost same at the moment.

Its like 2 lane road (Philly BEC and Dallas BEC) where you always feel that other lane is moving faster. In reality road is under construction and both lanes are blocked. You have false sense that the traffic is moving because some people got tired and left the road itself. The banner misleads by saying that "congestion ahead" (backlog) but actually its "construction ahead" and there is no detour. Infact traffic authority (DOL) is thinking of allowing pedestrian and bicycles (illegals) to share this road.

Contradictory News..

Earlier We have heard " Philly BPC is ahead in Data Entry & Dallas BPC is ahead in processing"..

See this

The DOL has also begun to adjudicate applications at its Backlog Processing Centers (BPC). It appears that the Pennsylvania BPC has begun to adjudicate more applications than the Dallas BPC. However, both the traditional and Reduction-In-Recruitment (RIR) cases that are being adjudicated are some of the older cases in the system because the DOL has stated that it will be processing the oldest cases on both the traditional and RIR tracks first. Additionally, the DOL still has not provided guidance about whether it has created a third track for Special Handling cases. Additionally, the BPCs continue to input cases from the State Workforce Agencies into its new computer system. It is estimated that it will take at least another six months for the DOL to complete its inputting of cases into the new system. The BPC will not issue 45 day processing continuation letters until a case is inputted into the new system.

(Link to website)

NeelP said:
Very well said GP111..

This is not a forum for deciding if you should go back to your country / inverst somewhere. This forum is ment for (what I understand) People like me who want their Green Card & want to grow over here. I may sound horrible saying this but I would prefere here being 2nd class citizen (some one used this word in one of the post above) rather then being Neglected Citizen ruled by Lalu/Mulayam/Mayavati/Jaylalitha/Soniya/Bajpai/Advani etc etc etc..

I don't want to start political debate now, but I don't understand why you added Bajpai in the list. I am sure you meant Manoj Bajpai.
If Lalu/Mulayam/Mayavati/Jaylalitha/Soniya/Advani leave politics then India would be blessed and I will seriously consider going back.

USCISisMockery said:
Its like 2 lane road (Philly BEC and Dallas BEC) where you always feel that other lane is moving faster. In reality road is under construction and both lanes are blocked. You have false sense that the traffic is moving because some people got tired and left the road itself. The banner misleads by saying that "congestion ahead" (backlog) but actually its "construction ahead" and there is no detour. Infact traffic authority (DOL) is thinking of allowing pedestrian and bicycles (illegals) to share this road.

Man !
I will collect all your posts in this forum and issue a book. Author award is 50/50 agreed ?

Guys...

I am a silent viewer of this forum for the past 2 years. Please dont thrash me... Maybe the same question over and over again. I might be the most junior with my PD. Any guru can pls show a ray of light in this tunnel. My labor was filed at NY in October 2003 and on the 7th yr extension. Hanging on to the same job for how long is become a mystery ..

Very pathetic scene paying high $$ to attorney each yr for an extension and running to DMV for renewal of Dr.licence. Going on a vacation to India, but trust me I visit this forum without my knowledge .. it is in my favorite list :). Hope to see some good news in a month while in India...

gp111 said:
Earlier We have heard " Philly BPC is ahead in Data Entry & Dallas BPC is ahead in processing"..

See this

The DOL has also begun to adjudicate applications at its Backlog Processing Centers (BPC). It appears that the Pennsylvania BPC has begun to adjudicate more applications than the Dallas BPC. However, both the traditional and Reduction-In-Recruitment (RIR) cases that are being adjudicated are some of the older cases in the system because the DOL has stated that it will be processing the oldest cases on both the traditional and RIR tracks first. Additionally, the DOL still has not provided guidance about whether it has created a third track for Special Handling cases. Additionally, the BPCs continue to input cases from the State Workforce Agencies into its new computer system. It is estimated that it will take at least another six months for the DOL to complete its inputting of cases into the new system. The BPC will not issue 45 day processing continuation letters until a case is inputted into the new system.

(Link to website)
What a load of crap! Did somebody say the data entry will end by Sept.? WHy another 6 monthes? :mad:

Hi,

My attorney says that they have not recevied any intimation from the backlog reduction center that my case has been shipped there from the SWA. What does that mean?

Will the Backlog center send an intimation message that they received my application from the SWA OR is this same as getting the 45 day letter?

Thanks..

are there other immigration forums out there ?

I do not know any others ...

luckylucky said:
What a load of crap! Did somebody say the data entry will end by Sept.? WHy another 6 monthes? :mad:

Why enter cases manually?

There are different opinions and many posts in this forum - some say that DOL has a hidden agenda to get rid of as many of the applicants as possible (by means of lost 45day letters or because people will get tired to wait, or because many people will have to leave their companies after so much time).

I think it was just a question of internal politics (read interested people) and budget in a big organization (just like it was in Soviet Union) - somehow they've ended up with budget approved to pay to contractors to enter data, but did not have budget approved for software that could transfer the cases. So, they're paying contractors, even if it's more expensive and more time consuming than writing and running software. Who would ever want to change a decision that was once made? Contractors - no way, they're getting more money. DOL - no... why spend time on discussing budget again and look stupid before those who approves that budget? Once a wrong decision is made - the best tactics for all of them is to ignore further questions. Is this situation worse than in our home countries? No. Except that in Russia (and I heard the same about India, forgive me if I'm wrong) it's very common to pay some cash to a government officer to avoid some checks or speed up some processing, unlike USA... btw, we also do not need Green Cards there ; )

After all, what made us think that DOL or White House wants to get us out of the country? Keeping our SSA contributions without having to pay back? Maybe. But it's even more likely that they don't care. They have much more important and interesting problems on agenda. Some are very reasonable, like making sure that terrorists cannot easily obtain GC or Visa. Others are more understandable than reasonable, like making sure your friend gets a good contract (who knows, may be he will give you a contract later?), or working tirelessly on shipping and entering cases into the new system (you may get a bonus or a raise for being so dedicated manager and doing things so well), or making sure your boss is happy. By the way, when your boss is happy? Right, besides of nice feeling of the job well done, he is happy when his boss is happy. And that's the key! All we can do is to make sure that their bosses are not happy and want a better work - by talking to senators and showing how inefficient the process is and then asking senators to talk to DOL.

Bottom line - write to your senator!!! Sign and send a letter to Spidey, who promised to send a bunch of them to senators, too:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=173573&page=1&pp=15

That's all just my opinion. No flames, please :)

sbdol said:
Can anybody tell me why the database at www.flcdatacenter.com is not good ? Why DOL decided to reenter the cases ?
Am I missing something ?

Last edited by a moderator:
LC and PERM

This might not be the correct forum, but might be relavant to people visting it. My H1 6yr expires in Feb 2006. I have a LC pending since Jan 2003. I was told that I can also apply for PERM while keeping the current LC pending. Say, if I apply for PERM and get approved end of this year, what will happen to my H1 extension? Will I be able to apply for 7th year extension based on my LC? Should I apply for H1 extension before PERM gets approved/denied?

Thanks

AILA has very comprehensive list of contacts for lobbying your pains.

AILA "take action" page

If you are sending letter to one senetor, why not to send the same letter to AILA, ILW, other local senetors, lawyers, newpaper editors. Its not as if you are wasting 37 cents stamp. Its just one more click.
For examples, even if each one of us sends one letter to "new york times" immigration editor, he sure wants to dig inside to find out what the hell is this LC.

Once you sent letters, even more important is to encourage others to send similar letters.

If you think this is not going to work, just imagine how many times your predictions about geting LC adjudicated, were wrong. Again I would like to clarify that its not your right to get LC, but sure its your right to get your case (as a beneficiary) adjudicated in timely pattern.

gp111 said:

See this

(Link to website)

Add to this the gossips about Philly having technical problems that caused 20,000 cases to be re-entered. To me seeing only one BEC having technical problem is odd and doesn’t make much sense since the system in both BECs is one and was initiated by the same providers. Either both BECs are having technical difficulties or both working full speed.

For those tired of out of subject posts and rumors, i found out a web group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BECPHIL/
entirely dedicated to BEC phily.
Every message is screened by the moderators, and the rules to post are strict. They also update us on the status of Phily BEC. An email is sent to you every day with all the posts of the day...

Junta I sent you a PM can you...

juntha said:
For those tired of out of subject posts and rumors, i found out a web group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BECPHIL/
entirely dedicated to BEC phily.
Every message is screened by the moderators, and the rules to post are strict. They also update us on the status of Phily BEC. An email is sent to you every day with all the posts of the day...

pls respond?

I hev some ?s ont he recruitment process for NON-RIR cases

Many thanks

MUD

GCSyndrome said:
Add to this the gossips about Philly having technical problems that caused 20,000 cases to be re-entered. To me seeing only one BEC having technical problem is odd and doesn’t make much sense since the system in both BECs is one and was initiated by the same providers. Either both BECs are having technical difficulties or both working full speed.
Pilly BEC is disgusting. Maybe one day they are flooded and lose all the files. It just pisses me off. :mad: :mad: :mad: