Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Fifo???

I have the same questions ... could someone please put some light on these...
1) FIFO is just based on the PD or
2) FIFO is based on PD & regional first and then PD & State?
I filed my labor in DC in Ocober 2001 (EB3, RIR). my labor never made it to regional, it went directly to BEC. if someone for example, who filed his/her labor in VA/MD in 2003 and labor was approved at state and moved to regional in 2004; is going to get his/her labor prior to my labor though i have the PD of 10/2001???

how much time the H1 extension is taking these days? (I'm sorry if I asked this question in wrong thread)

Thanks much...

immidude74 said:
Guys,
I have been watching this thread right from the day one it came into existence. To be honest with u guys, only the thread has grown nothing substantial has improved on my/any of our case(s). I believe everyone wud agree 100% on that.
With so much info. going around here, I thought I'd put in a question which haunts me day & night.

Q : How is PBPC treating a case (FIFO)? Based on wat order? How r they grouped to be processed.?

a. Whether by RIR Vs TR - State?
or
b. RIR Vs TR - Federal (Old Philly / Regional DOL's)?
or
c. TR(Both State & Federal) Vs RIR (State + Federal)?

PS: Based on wat some of u guys gave a formula to calculate on that P XXXXX-XXXXX, mine was P-XXXXX-00583.

Mine falls on RIR Regional. Any info/insight wud be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Immidude 74
RIR - Philly DOL.

WashingtonDC said:
I filed my labor in DC in Ocober 2001 (EB3, RIR). my labor never made it to regional, it went directly to BEC. if someone for example, who filed his/her labor in VA/MD in 2003 and labor was approved at state and moved to regional in 2004; is going to get his/her labor prior to my labor though i have the PD of 10/2001???

how much time the H1 extension is taking these days? (I'm sorry if I asked this question in wrong thread)

Thanks much...
You are in the same stuation than me...

First, you should consider filing for an extension 4 to 6 months before the expiration of your current H1B. If you received the 45 days lette, i guess it could be used for the extension. If not, look into the DOLETA website about what to ask...

Here s what i think about this whole FIFO mess. (just my opinion)
Many states didn t send their cases on time and the BEC basically enters data from cases they have. (they are now so late... imagine if they waited for all the case to arrive THEN try to organize every cases... lol). Then a 45 days letter is printed then mailed. There is no particular order to get those letters but once the BEC receive the letter back, this is where FIFO kicks in... My guess is that when they receive those letters, it s the PD that count in FIFO (the SWA PD) starting with cases that made it regional. Because they didnt receive all the cases at the date they wanted originally, they are going back and forth entering old datas and processing LC that can have a late or early PD. This is maybe the reason why FIFO doesn t seem to be rigourously applied right now... but it will be systematic once all the data are entered.

Some news... Finally

I bugged my congressman (as you should all do) and got an writen answer today.

BEC philly is processing right now EVERY LC APPLICATIONS from April 2001. It will take 2-4 months to go thru all fo them. As you know there were TONS of application in April 2001 opened and unopened. Once those are gone, they expect to go thru every following month much faster.

Last edited by a moderator:
WashingtonDC said:
FIFO is based on PD (Reciet date at STATE)
NO
If his 45 day letter is recieved before yours and his case is full in all resepect that is possible. By just having PD alone does not gaurentee

4 to 6 months some times even less
Thanks much...

What the heck is going on at Philly BRC?

I am silent viewer and waited enough. My PD is May 4rth 2001 - RIR - MD
I think I have reached a stage where I have to shoot myself .
Man.... tired of waiting for the last 8 years. Extending H1B's. Now going through a divorce since we cannot agree on this waiting.... Family life is screwed up... Thanks to Americal Immigration System, Smart layers and fools like us....

They are playing on our dead bodies......... :mad:

Great to know! could you provide more info?

Hi Juntha,

thanks for bugging the congressman : )

Could you let us know:
1. When did you sent an inquiry
2. What is the date if their reply
3. Text of your letter

I'm feeling like I have to bug someone, too : )

Igor

juntha said:
I bugged my congressman (as you should all do) and got an writen answer today.

BEC philly is processing right now EVERY LC APPLICATIONS from April 2001. It will take 2-4 months to go thru all fo them. As you know there were TONS of application in April 2001 opened and unopened. Once those are gone, they expect to go thru every following month much faster.

Home Sweet Home

Guys/ gals,
In my opinion, we are wasting our valuabel time here waiting for the ever eluding freedom(GC) from our H1-B slavery.

I did have a lot of hopes of getting the labor approved in a year's time when I re-applied for GC (I had applied earlier in 2001 and had to change comapny as nothing came out of it) last year.

My H1-B expires next March (2006) and am not thinking of not extending it for another year as it will only make me wait expecting a miracle to happen and get the GC.

Now a days, I am hearing Pankaj Udhas' song in NAAM "Chitti Aayee hai...". Also looking back at home I feel the situation over there is far more lucrative than here.

So I am kind of convincing myself to stop worrying about GC and make plans to get back home and thrive there.

Thank you all for bearing my frustration.

warm regards
Hans

Home is sweeter now and a long wait...

I guess the idea of getting a GC was doomed from the outset when I decided to join a company in MD and decided to go for IT (pun intended).

Since the time I have applied (June 2004) and even before it, I have seen the govt. play one game or another to delay the whole process of becoming a lawful permanent immigrant.

Things keep getting worse day by day. And now to the point where no one knows what is actually happening, except for the fact that One child (who was left behind) has been able to create so much muck that NOTHING is going in the right direction. The economy, country, its population, everything is heading south.

Makes me wonder whether they need us more now or they know that they cant afford intellect anymore...

Re: # of cases

DOL published information as of October 2004. It does NOT include cases that were at SWA at that time:

http://www.flcdatacenter.com/CasePerm.aspx

For your convenience I did an aggregation showing number of non-certified cases per month. No breakdown by BEC, of course.

manju1968 said:
is there a way to find how many cases are at BEC for each month and year

Last edited by a moderator:
thaks for the info

I have received my 45-day letter in may 2005 (i don't remember the date, but mid may) and my lawyer replied to that letter immediately. Since my labor went to BEC directly from state not from regional; my labor is going to be approved only after all the labors received from regional whose 45-days letters are replied???

I have completed two one-year extensions so far. i applied for my third one-year extension on may 26th 2005. My curent H1 (the second one year extension) is expired on 5/31. My lawyer delayed it so badly. Right now i am working on the receipt you can say. How much tme the H1 extension is taking on these days?

mnhrdc said:
Originally Posted by WashingtonDC
FIFO is based on PD (Reciet date at STATE)
NO
If his 45 day letter is recieved before yours and his case is full in all resepect that is possible. By just having PD alone does not gaurentee

4 to 6 months some times even less
Thanks much...

Well. I am out of here!!

I am leaving the Forum and will be back in 2 months. I usually dont stick around too long at a time around here with so many intoxicating rumors.
I learned what i wanted and now knows enough to keep my spirit high.

Seya around the corner (at the end of summer)

Hans said:
Guys/ gals,
In my opinion, we are wasting our valuabel time here waiting for the ever eluding freedom(GC) from our H1-B slavery.

I did have a lot of hopes of getting the labor approved in a year's time when I re-applied for GC (I had applied earlier in 2001 and had to change comapny as nothing came out of it) last year.

My H1-B expires next March (2006) and am not thinking of not extending it for another year as it will only make me wait expecting a miracle to happen and get the GC.

Now a days, I am hearing Pankaj Udhas' song in NAAM "Chitti Aayee hai...". Also looking back at home I feel the situation over there is far more lucrative than here.

So I am kind of convincing myself to stop worrying about GC and make plans to get back home and thrive there.

Thank you all for bearing my frustration.

warm regards
Hans

Feel the same way. I am in talks with family and may start something in India by next yr.
Besides, we are ALWAYS going to be 1st class citizens ONLY in India, whatever our problems --

No 45 day letter from Phyl BPC

My PD is 10/2003, non-RIR, Boston. I have not received 45 day letter from Phyl BPC. Did any one similar to my case received 45 Day letter?

Very good decision!!!!

Guys,
Sorry for posting this information on this thread but day to day frustration about GC is helping us to take more good decisions in our life and this is leading us to take a lot better life in our home country and telling us dont delay guys otherwise you will be nowhere.

Really and frankly speaking you guys have taken a very good decision and are really fortunate and good thinkers,I have already started working on it, and i have already taken decision and started investing in bangalore(the best time to invest in bangalore(for example my friend invested 8 lakhs last year to buy a 30*40 site, she sold it for 32 lakhs this year!!its unbelievable).

I have not yet seen 50,000 dollars in my account and iam working here for almost 5 years.

one of my friend bought a home last year and he is literally crying every day to pay monthly instalments with interest and no green card and no savings................he is spending all his money for baby diapers and home instalments and so many things.........so many things

the best decision what i made beginning of this year was,what ever i have saved so far without missing even a single penny i have started investing in bangalore and hyderabad.

The reason iam telling all this because if you still started dreaming about your GC and after few years you will end up with nothing and u will be nowhere and if you then plan to go to our country, you will be in the same situation over there also..............

Dont feel bad about this comments and suggestions its 110% true,
what my suggestion is start working on investing from now only and once if u confirm that we dont have opportunity to stay over here then you will be in good shape and position to go back and stand and compete with your friends over there.

When world started outsourcing to india to earn and make more profits, why dont we invest in india to increase 5-10 times of our investment within no time.(instead of getting 5 dollars of interest per month for 10000 deposit in savings over here)
bye bye
happy investing.
May god bless you all to come up and take good decisions.

WashingtonDC

Please note that you are automatically granted an extension of 240 days of work authorization if your extension was filed by your current employer. Check with your lazy-bone attorney anyways. I wouldn't worry about the length of time it would take to renew, unless you are planning an international trip.
Cheers!

WashingtonDC said:
I have received my 45-day letter in may 2005 (i don't remember the date, but mid may) and my lawyer replied to that letter immediately. Since my labor went to BEC directly from state not from regional; my labor is going to be approved only after all the labors received from regional whose 45-days letters are replied???

I have completed two one-year extensions so far. i applied for my third one-year extension on may 26th 2005. My curent H1 (the second one year extension) is expired on 5/31. My lawyer delayed it so badly. Right now i am working on the receipt you can say. How much tme the H1 extension is taking on these days?

kasid said:
Guys,
Sorry for posting this information on this thread but day to day frustration about GC is helping us to take more good decisions in our life and this is leading us to take a lot better life in our home country and telling us dont delay guys otherwise you will be nowhere.

Really and frankly speaking you guys have taken a very good decision and are really fortunate and good thinkers,I have already started working on it, and i have already taken decision and started investing in bangalore(the best time to invest in bangalore(for example my friend invested 8 lakhs last year to buy a 30*40 site, she sold it for 32 lakhs this year!!its unbelievable).

I have not yet seen 50,000 dollars in my account and iam working here for almost 5 years.

one of my friend bought a home last year and he is literally crying every day to pay monthly instalments with interest and no green card and no savings................he is spending all his money for baby diapers and home instalments and so many things.........so many things

the best decision what i made beginning of this year was,what ever i have saved so far without missing even a single penny i have started investing in bangalore and hyderabad.

The reason iam telling all this because if you still started dreaming about your GC and after few years you will end up with nothing and u will be nowhere and if you then plan to go to our country, you will be in the same situation over there also..............

Dont feel bad about this comments and suggestions its 110% true,
what my suggestion is start working on investing from now only and once if u confirm that we dont have opportunity to stay over here then you will be in good shape and position to go back and stand and compete with your friends over there.

When world started outsourcing to india to earn and make more profits, why dont we invest in india to increase 5-10 times of our investment within no time.(instead of getting 5 dollars of interest per month for 10000 deposit in savings over here)
bye bye
happy investing.
May god bless you all to come up and take good decisions.

No Offence To anyone ( I am from India & I love my motherland too),

Person who has been in US for 5 years should know Where to Invest in US & Don't have to go all the way to Bangalore. The fact is US is still world's largest economy & all the develping countries (China, India etc) economy still depends on US. Our Country earns big bucks from BPO/SW but where does the money come from ????

So lets not make this statements & USE THIS FORUM FOR LABOR CERTIFICATION & GREEN CARD.. May Be there is Good furute/Growth in India BUT I STILL want my GC, live here & Do my business here..

gp111 said:
No Offence To anyone ( I am from India & I love my motherland too),

Person who has been in US for 5 years should know Where to Invest in US & Don't have to go all the way to Bangalore. The fact is US is still world's largest economy & all the develping countries (China, India etc) economy still depends on US. Our Country earns big bucks from BPO/SW but where does the money come from ????

So lets not make this statements & USE THIS FORUM FOR LABOR CERTIFICATION & GREEN CARD.. May Be there is Good furute/Growth in India BUT I STILL want my GC, live here & Do my business here..

Very well said GP111..

This is not a forum for deciding if you should go back to your country / inverst somewhere. This forum is ment for (what I understand) People like me who want their Green Card & want to grow over here. I may sound horrible saying this but I would prefere here being 2nd class citizen (some one used this word in one of the post above) rather then being Neglected Citizen ruled by Lalu/Mulayam/Mayavati/Jaylalitha/Soniya/Bajpai/Advani etc etc etc..

NeelP said:
Very well said GP111..

This is not a forum for deciding if you should go back to your country / inverst somewhere. This forum is ment for (what I understand) People like me who want their Green Card & want to grow over here. I may sound horrible saying this but I would prefere here being 2nd class citizen (some one used this word in one of the post above) rather then being Neglected Citizen ruled by Lalu/Mulayam/Mayavati/Jaylalitha/Soniya/Bajpai/Advani etc etc etc..
That is very right! We all want to stay in U.S. that is why we are in this forum. If somebody don't want to stay and think that they are treated like second class citizen, then why not simply quit their job and go back to where they are from immediately?

It is great that you keep this upbeat. So where is the RIR Q for Phily right now from your monday brief source?

aprlc2002 said:
Hi I still have an optimistic expectation that my case would be cleared in a month that is why I contact my source every week Monday morning and ask what is going on.... So even now I am still expecting my case to be cleared in a months time.. I am only giving you an indication that RIR applicants need not expect their cases to be approved ahead of TR cases.

Yes There are internal policies and external policies.. So it differs from Center to center. THey are not saying that they are not approving any petitions in RIR but the only thing is the allocation of resources for RIR are low and the hence the process is slow at PBPC when compared to DBPC... Guys this is detailed info... If you see Murthy.com you will be knowing that they are completed with 12000 cases...